LiveScope Pole Mount and Multitasking #14329310 03/29/22 02:14 PM
J
Jeff Schiller Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
J
OMG y'all.
I added the Livescope over the weekend and the transducer to a DIY PVC Pole Mount. Other than I have some work to do to get the pole mount to not move around so much...or maybe I need to purchase one from a retail shop....
how the H E double hockey sticks do you guys run the trolling motor, keep up with the Livescope on the pole and actually fish?

Also, if anybody has any hints on Lewisville where I could scope some main lake crappie or sandbass, I'd be much appreciated. I'd actually like to get in to some spawning sandbass on the main lake somewhere. But crappie taste better. grin

Re: LiveScope Pole Mount and Multitasking [Re: Jeff Schiller] #14329337 03/29/22 02:34 PM
Tin Boat Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
LMAO YUP, I hear ya!
I am new to Livescope and mine has a separate pole mount on the Ultrex that I can control scope direction by using a T handle apparatus attached to a long hose that connects to a fitting on the pole.
I have only been out a couple times so far, but I am having the exact same issue trying to control too many things at once.
Most of it I am sure is just time on the water with it, boat positioning, and getting used to it all, but I am struggling keeping up with it right now as well,
Definitely a learning curve for me, but I will get there and it will get easier & easier as I suspect it will for you also.

Last edited by Tin Boat; 03/29/22 02:34 PM.
Re: LiveScope Pole Mount and Multitasking [Re: Jeff Schiller] #14329351 03/29/22 02:44 PM
P
P_102 Offline
Angler
Angler
P
Do either of you have spot lock?

The hype on LiveScope (and others) is so high that people lose sight of what should come first and that’s a trolling motor with spot lock, especially when your quarry is crappie. Fishing for bass or sandies while moving requires a great deal of skill with a foot control and works better when the LiveScope transducer is on the trolling motor shaft.

Re: LiveScope Pole Mount and Multitasking [Re: P_102] #14329365 03/29/22 02:53 PM
J
Jeff Schiller Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
J
Originally Posted by P_102
Do either of you have spot lock?

The hype on LiveScope (and others) is so high that people lose sight of what should come first and that’s a trolling motor with spot lock, especially when your quarry is crappie. Fishing for bass or sandies while moving requires a great deal of skill with a foot control and works better when the LiveScope transducer is on the trolling motor shaft.

I hear ya and I don't disagree at all. I don't have the spot lock, so that complicates things for sure. If I can't get the pole mounted transducer to calm down so I'm not having to literally keep two hands on it, I may move it to the trolling motor.

Re: LiveScope Pole Mount and Multitasking [Re: Jeff Schiller] #14329382 03/29/22 03:01 PM
S
SRitchey Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Mine's on the shaft of my Ultrex and it will stay there. It's just not that hard in spot lock to tap the pedal and reset it. I don't even have to look up and I'm an old codger.

Steve

1999 ChampioN 203 - 2011 250hp Mercury Optimax Pro XS
2-10" Helix & 1-10" Garmin Livescope Plus - Ultrex 36/112

Re: LiveScope Pole Mount and Multitasking [Re: Jeff Schiller] #14329387 03/29/22 03:10 PM
Tin Boat Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
I do have Spotlock, but I think I might need to recalibrate mine because it seems to wander a good bit like its in jog mode.
I am going to try it this next weekend and see if it helps to hold position better.

Last edited by Tin Boat; 03/29/22 03:38 PM.
Re: LiveScope Pole Mount and Multitasking [Re: Jeff Schiller] #14329566 03/29/22 07:28 PM
Cameron Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
You need a quality mount. Not an electric one. I use one made by dublseat. Has replaceable nylon screws that hold tension well. Once you get your mechanics down put that transducer on the trolling motor shaft and go to town

https://dub-l-seat.com/shop/ols/products/ultrex-seelite-pole-mount-with-extension-handle

Re: LiveScope Pole Mount and Multitasking [Re: Jeff Schiller] #14329783 03/30/22 01:03 AM
K
Ken Gaby Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
Whether the transducer is on the TM or separate mount, approaching from direct down wind really helps. The normal transducer mount for the TM shaft has a 7 degree offset (lean) so the beam misses the motor housing. That takes a little getting used to for finding your bait. Others use the straight mount and position the transducer about 20 degrees to one side so the beam misses the motor housing. Also takes some getting used to.

Trying to position on fish out to the side of the boat is almost impossible if the wind is blowing over 3 mph. Too much movement of the boat and you loose the fish on the screen. Also approaching the fish very slowly is imperative. Coming at the fish too fast and having to reverse the motor will most likely scare the fish and he's gone.
Practice and more practice is the only solution.

A life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, it has no point. Billy Graham
www.thermoclinelures.com "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.crazyanglertackle.com Premium crappie baits and jig tying accessories
http://www.proanglertackle.com Best crappie and catfish rods/reels
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders
Re: LiveScope Pole Mount and Multitasking [Re: Jeff Schiller] #14329916 03/30/22 04:06 AM
J
jig master Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
I’m looking for a hands free pole ducer that mounts to the side of my troller pedal assist. Does anyone know of a good one. I thought I saw shut up and fish carrying one on his website at one time but I can’t find one on there. It will also have to handle salt water. I want to do away with the rigging a pole up or pole on my deck as I want it all on the troller but to be able to control it’s movement.

Don't believe everything you hear and half of what you see . Living for the Thump !!
Re: LiveScope Pole Mount and Multitasking [Re: jig master] #14330030 03/30/22 12:43 PM
~
~Moose~ Offline
Angler
Angler
~
Originally Posted by jig master
I’m looking for a hands free pole ducer that mounts to the side of my troller pedal assist. Does anyone know of a good one. I thought I saw shut up and fish carrying one on his website at one time but I can’t find one on there. It will also have to handle salt water. I want to do away with the rigging a pole up or pole on my deck as I want it all on the troller but to be able to control it’s movement.

You may be looking for something like one of these. Good looking products, but they certainly arent cheap!

https://www.lsmounts.com/

https://www.thelivescanner.com/

Re: LiveScope Pole Mount and Multitasking [Re: Jeff Schiller] #14330183 03/30/22 02:45 PM
ThaDudeAbides Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by Jeff Schiller
OMG y'all.
I added the Livescope over the weekend and the transducer to a DIY PVC Pole Mount. Other than I have some work to do to get the pole mount to not move around so much...or maybe I need to purchase one from a retail shop....
how the H E double hockey sticks do you guys run the trolling motor, keep up with the Livescope on the pole and actually fish?

Also, if anybody has any hints on Lewisville where I could scope some main lake crappie or sandbass, I'd be much appreciated. I'd actually like to get in to some spawning sandbass on the main lake somewhere. But crappie taste better. grin

Easy, put the LS on the trolling motor shaft or consider a hybrid like the All Aboard All Sync mount. then learn boat control with your TM foot pedal! haha, it's that easy! but does take some (or lots) practice!

**Professional amateur crappie fisherman**

1997 Nitro Savage 896, 200 HP Mercury EFI, Garmin Force, Garmin GPSMAP 1022 w/ Livescope, Garmin Ultra 122sv, Garmin 93
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide