Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: This is just my opinion [Re: ezbassin] #14328345 03/28/22 04:32 PM
W
westxbass82 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W

Last edited by westxbass82; 03/28/22 04:33 PM.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: This is just my opinion [Re: J.P. Greeson] #14328360 03/28/22 04:42 PM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
Originally Posted by J.H.S.
Originally Posted by SAKS
Ya, I am not sure why people get so offended on here. This is a FORUM.

Definition of a forum: a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Why do people get so mad when others express their opinions of disagreements? People act like everyone should agree on everything 100% of the time. The guys that argue against MLF are absolutely no different than the ones who express their opinions in favor of it. The most used comeback on here is "if you don't like it then don't watch it", well "if you don't like the comments, don't read them".

It's the mentality of the times. Your either this or that. No common or in between ground anymore.

Its pretty evident a bunch of guys on here didn't grow up ragging their friends and vice versa. Some guys just can't handle a little opposition. I'm a coach and it's constant razzing in the office. You have to be quick and witty, otherwise you get ate up.

Actually, I think we have a bunch of guys who grew up without the internet. We learned early that you didn't run your mouth without repercussions. The younger generation who grew up on the internet does not understand that concept.

I don't see many people on here actually running their mouths though. Disagreeing and disrespecting are not the same. Nobody wants to read thread where everyone agrees on everything.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: This is just my opinion [Re: ezbassin] #14328384 03/28/22 04:56 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Online Content
the janitor
Online Content
the janitor
J
You don't see it because we pull or edit the threads that get out of control. It's just a generational thing. There are good and bad habits of both generations.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Re: This is just my opinion [Re: J.P. Greeson] #14328409 03/28/22 05:17 PM
U
UTDmiller Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
U
You don't see it because we pull or edit the threads that get out of control. It's just a generational thing. There are good and bad habits of both generations.

Id venture to guess confidently that the majority of posters here are over the age of 30 and witnessed The internet becoming what it is today. Every generation talks [censored] on the internet, all you have to do is look at forums or social media to see it. This post however is just people expressing their opinion so far

John Miller
Re: This is just my opinion [Re: J.P. Greeson] #14328433 03/28/22 05:35 PM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J

Fair point. I don't take into account the comments that never actually make it to the thread, I am sure there are some real doozies.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: This is just my opinion [Re: SC-001] #14328619 03/28/22 08:01 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by SC-001
I guess they are trying to make it more like stick and ball sports for betting purposed. Ball games on different days always reset the score, in baseball they reset on the same day at times with double headers. But I agree bass fishing tournaments have always been treated more like golf where aggregate score carries over multiple days. Is one right or wrong IDK but do prefer the aggregate but aggregate more often than not would not be exciting in the MLF format.

But even golf has different formats such as match play

Re: This is just my opinion [Re: ezbassin] #14328684 03/28/22 08:57 PM
Bruce Allen Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
I don't agree with the OP and it's to much BS to say why.

Lake Fork Anglers
Every Thursday
Daytime Tournaments.

Lake Fork Sportsman's Association
www.lakeforksa.com/

We are VERY PROUD of our Induction into the
Texas Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame.

Re: This is just my opinion [Re: J.P. Greeson] #14328720 03/28/22 09:41 PM
O
ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50) Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
O
Yep, the internet has created a generation of people that don't understand the concept of running your mouth. In my day it came with and ARSE whoopin'. I've done it myself but these days I keep my internet conversations regulated to what I'd say to anyone's face and respectful.

2012 ZX200 Skeeter
2012 Yamaha 200 SHO

Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Proud student of the Pro Staffer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzwF72B2F2w&t=14s
Re: This is just my opinion [Re: ezbassin] #14328746 03/28/22 10:08 PM
U
Used2fish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
U
The problem isn’t what the olds perceive as “young kids that ain’t had a butt whoopin”

It’s that everyone has different types of humor. I’ve treated people like me and my best buds do with ribbing etc and people get all bent up. It’s not that people are sensitive. It’s simple you can’t read tone on a forum. Knowing that I pull the reigns most the time

Re: This is just my opinion [Re: J.H.S.] #14328895 03/29/22 12:34 AM
E
ezbassin Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
E
Ya, I am not sure why people get so offended on here. This is a FORUM.

Definition of a forum: a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Why do people get so mad when others express their opinions of disagreements? People act like everyone should agree on everything 100% of the time. The guys that argue against MLF are absolutely no different than the ones who express their opinions in favor of it. The most used comeback on here is "if you don't like it then don't watch it", well "if you don't like the comments, don't read them".

100% correct analysis.

I just experssed my "opinion" and that was it. If you don't agree, im fine with that no problem, we just have a difference of opinion probably like we have different boats and trucks. Several on here seem to have gotten so offended you would think that I insulted their grandmother. Whatever format the pros are doing does not matter to me because I do not benefit in any way from however they choose to do a tournament. To all of you that seem to be living life on the edge, call your grandmother and tell how special she is . Im sure she would appreciate it. If you no longer have a grandmother then do something special for your wife. Maybe that will calm you down some. Some of you are totally wound too tight if you let someones opinion get you all that worked up.

Last edited by ezbassin; 03/29/22 12:36 AM.
Re: This is just my opinion [Re: ezbassin] #14328907 03/29/22 12:45 AM
O
ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50) Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
O
Another thing that I've experienced on here is I had a guy go off on me for no reason one evening after I'd posted a comment and gone to bed. I never saw the comment because it was deleted before I could read it. The person sent me a private message explaining to me what they had done and apologized because they had been sipping beers and had a few to many and realized what they had posted was way out of line. I understand that, there was a point in my life where I would have fallen right into that situation myself.

2012 ZX200 Skeeter
2012 Yamaha 200 SHO

Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Proud student of the Pro Staffer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzwF72B2F2w&t=14s
Re: This is just my opinion [Re: pchapin] #14328914 03/29/22 12:53 AM
HARD WORKN HAROLD Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by pchapin
BASS did it with Mega Bucks and I did not hear you cry. Maybe if Al Gore had invented the internet sooner, we would have heard you cry when they did it with Meg Bucks.

Al Gore invented the internet?? hmmm

DON'T LET THE CLOTHES FOOL YA
Life is too short to fish with a dead cricket!
PB: wife of 40 years
Re: This is just my opinion [Re: grandbassslayer] #14328917 03/29/22 12:58 AM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
The mlf/bpt style of scorekeeping more closely resembles all other sports and I think that’s the goal. Imagine a ncaa basketball tournament where the score kept adding up everyday or an nfl season, etc. Each day is a new game. The good thing about it- no one is harmed by this, we have 5 fish tournaments for those that like that format as well.

This is 1000% correct. It's game play people and designed to create excitement, drama, reaction and discussion. MLF threads have been pinned to the forum boards for the last 4 days with everyone arguing the for/against. It's good for MLF all the way around. Drives traffic to the website, to live and to the EXPO.

They don't care if everyone agrees or if everyone loves them... If it's not for you that's ok.

As has been mentioned here, the Toyota's and the BFL's are stuffed full of record numbers of anglers. More people are on the website than ever before and more people are consuming live than ever before. Now they're working on building out Redcrest and this last weekend was a huge success. MLF isn't going anywhere and neither is BASS. All is well in competitive bass fishing.

cheers

Re: This is just my opinion [Re: ezbassin] #14329795 03/30/22 01:12 AM
P
pchapin Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
Originally Posted by ezbassin
BASS did it with Mega Bucks and I did not hear you cry. Maybe if Al Gore had invented the internet sooner, we would have heard you cry when they did it with Meg Bucks.

Well maybe you should have told your brother Al to do so.

Wow I haven't thought about Al Gore in many years now, never did like him, you must be pretty fond of him to still be thinking about him in 2022.

I was just thinking if ole Al had invented the internet sooner, we could have been introduced to your feminine side much sooner.

“No reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact”
P01135809
Re: This is just my opinion [Re: pchapin] #14330769 03/30/22 10:47 PM
E
ezbassin Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by ezbassin

Well maybe you should have told your brother Al to do so.

Wow I haven't thought about Al Gore in many years now, never did like him, you must be pretty fond of him to still be thinking about him in 2022.

I was just thinking if ole Al had invented the internet sooner, we could have been introduced to your feminine side much sooner.

Just go hang out with your brother Al and get off of here. You must admire him quite a bit to even bring him up. Call your cousin Bill Clinton to join the two of you. I bet the three of you have a lot in common.

Last edited by ezbassin; 03/30/22 11:35 PM.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide