S
SK. Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
S
Vid with what I see.....
Have you updated? What's your thoughts?

Crappie Guide on Houston TX area lakes. Email to schedule a trip: skscrappiecatchingadventures@gmail.com or call my message line 281-301-9316

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....Onxy A/M 24 PFD's

Check Out SK's CRAPPIE Catching Adventures on YouTube....
https://www.youtube.com/user/fishingorhunting
Re: Garmin Update 19.2 [Re: SK.] #14315576 03/14/22 10:26 PM
F
F4 Gator Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
F
Still thinking about jumping to 19.2, and by passing 19.1.

[Linked Image]

Phormer Phantom Phlyer
Re: Garmin Update 19.2 [Re: SK.] #14316937 03/16/22 04:31 AM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Good stuff! thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Garmin Update 19.2 [Re: banker-always fishing] #14318855 03/18/22 12:46 AM
S
SK. Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
S
Originally Posted by F4 Gator
Still thinking about jumping to 19.2, and by passing 19.1.

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
Good stuff! thumb

Thanks y'all.....

Crappie Guide on Houston TX area lakes. Email to schedule a trip: skscrappiecatchingadventures@gmail.com or call my message line 281-301-9316

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....Onxy A/M 24 PFD's

Re: Garmin Update 19.2 [Re: SK.] #14319030 03/18/22 09:17 AM
Whaler-170 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
SK I really like the clarity of what I see on yours but the target separation still seems to be lacking. I’m also running a 106 ultra but on version 16.10 with livescope version 2.54. The last time I ran mine was in early October till this week due to a injury my youngest son had, so I’m on the fence as to update or just stay where I’m at for now. We just started fishing again this week and I’m not mad at my livescope picture but hung on weather to update or not being the new transducer won’t even be available till May or June. I know I’m a little behind on updates and wished I’d went to version 18 but I haven’t seen that option since the newest update came out. Just was curious what your opinion was since I know you’ll give a no BS honest opinion.
Also we really enjoy your videos, very informative.

Thanks, Cody

Last edited by Whaler-170; 03/18/22 09:20 AM.
Re: Garmin Update 19.2 [Re: SK.] #14320075 03/19/22 02:10 PM
L
leanin post Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L
there are no one size fits all adjustments for any sonar unit.. conditions change, sometimes from lake to lake, or even different areas of the same lake,., you have to learn to adjust your unit on the fly to get the clearest returns thru the day.
a sonar ping doesnt change. you can speed them up, slow them down, use multiple frequencies, ect. the programming in the unit either diminishes the returns or enhances them,, sonar manufacturers use alot of different names to describe what is taking place, like filtering, color gain, enhancement,ect.
in the big picture of things they all really result in revealing or blocking out a portion if the sonar ping returns that are converted into digital images.
in my opinion it is alot better to learn to interpret what a sonar unit is showing when in a less "filtered" state than to try and adjust the filters on the unit to see only what you want to see, ,,, you will filter out baitfish, thermoclines, bottom fish, and so on.

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: Garmin Update 19.2 [Re: leanin post] #14321438 03/21/22 10:28 AM
S
SK. Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
S
Originally Posted by Whaler-170
SK I really like the clarity of what I see on yours but the target separation still seems to be lacking. I’m also running a 106 ultra but on version 16.10 with livescope version 2.54. The last time I ran mine was in early October till this week due to a injury my youngest son had, so I’m on the fence as to update or just stay where I’m at for now. We just started fishing again this week and I’m not mad at my livescope picture but hung on weather to update or not being the new transducer won’t even be available till May or June. I know I’m a little behind on updates and wished I’d went to version 18 but I haven’t seen that option since the newest update came out. Just was curious what your opinion was since I know you’ll give a no BS honest opinion.
Also we really enjoy your videos, very informative.

Thanks, Cody

I would NOT update if my unit was on 18 or earlier.... I'm still having new issues pop up and also still having my unit lock up.....
Thanks!

Originally Posted by leanin post
there are no one size fits all adjustments for any sonar unit.. conditions change, sometimes from lake to lake, or even different areas of the same lake,., you have to learn to adjust your unit on the fly to get the clearest returns thru the day.
a sonar ping doesnt change. you can speed them up, slow them down, use multiple frequencies, ect. the programming in the unit either diminishes the returns or enhances them,, sonar manufacturers use alot of different names to describe what is taking place, like filtering, color gain, enhancement,ect.
in the big picture of things they all really result in revealing or blocking out a portion if the sonar ping returns that are converted into digital images.
in my opinion it is alot better to learn to interpret what a sonar unit is showing when in a less "filtered" state than to try and adjust the filters on the unit to see only what you want to see, ,,, you will filter out baitfish, thermoclines, bottom fish, and so on.

I agree with you totally until your last statement, you CAN have your screen clean of noise and see ALL that you need to with livescope..... all bait, all structure and fish.....
Most think water clarity affect livescope, I don't agree but bottom hardness makes the biggest difference and why you will have to make adjustments even on the same lake if you move......

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide