Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,037,831
Posts13,935,274
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Bass Fishing Related Places to Visit Near Table Rock Lake #14310481 03/10/22 03:49 AM
F
FishAdmirer Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
F
I am staying in Branson MO next week with my family and would like to visit some places related to bass fishing and boating in the area. We have been to Bass Pro in Springfield. What other fishing related stores, marinas, restaurants, museums, companies or attractions should we consider visiting around Table Rock, Branson and Springfield?

Lowe 1860 CC on Eagle Mountain Lake

Catching fish never gets old.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Bass Fishing Related Places to Visit Near Table Rock Lake [Re: FishAdmirer] #14310588 03/10/22 11:56 AM
M
Monty Wright Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
If you haven't been to the Wonders of Wildlife National Museum & Aquarium at the Springfield Bass Pro Shops, it worth the visit. We all loved it. You enter the aquarium on the back side of the BPS. After going through the aquarium, you go through the BPS store to access the museum part. We truly enjoyed it all.

It's not really fishing related, but Top of The Rock Lost Canyon Cave golf cart tour was fun for the whole family. You get a golf cart and have a trail to travel a couple miles around the area. The scenery is beautiful there in the Ozarks. You also get admission to a museum there on sight. We enjoyed it a lot. Lost Canyon Nature Trail

Dogwood Canyon Nature Park has fishing available at some of the creeks in certain areas. A lot of trout, I didn't see any bass. I rented a rod/reel from the store since I didn't have anything with me for that trip. Dogwood Canyon website

We stayed at Big Cedar Lodge for Thanksgiving in 2020. We did everything listed above with my 9 year old and toddler. Great family trip and we would definitely do it again.

If you plan on doing any of them, there is a lot of info on their websites. I would plan on making reservations before hand so you know you have time slots, etc.

Last edited by Monty Wright; 03/10/22 11:59 AM. Reason: Add to it

Daiwa biased

Half Past First Cast
^^^Worth a look^^^
Re: Bass Fishing Related Places to Visit Near Table Rock Lake [Re: FishAdmirer] #14310721 03/10/22 02:26 PM
S
Slide_R Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
There is Shepherd of the Hills Fish Hatchery that was always enjoyable.
https://www.explorebranson.com/profile/shepherd-hills-fish-hatchery/1002

Robert Oleson
aka Slide_R

Re: Bass Fishing Related Places to Visit Near Table Rock Lake [Re: FishAdmirer] #14311735 03/11/22 04:02 AM
F
FishAdmirer Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
F
Thank you for the suggestions. Any others?

Re: Bass Fishing Related Places to Visit Near Table Rock Lake [Re: FishAdmirer] #14311752 03/11/22 04:42 AM
R
Ranger 188 Offline
Angler
Angler
R
The hatchery is cool.

There’s also a fishing museum in Branson. It’s neat, old boats, motors, every lure, rod and reel dating back years. It’s worth the $20 admission. The guy that runs it will talk your leg off.

It’s a block of the main drag near the go cart track.

Re: Bass Fishing Related Places to Visit Near Table Rock Lake [Re: FishAdmirer] #14311764 03/11/22 06:45 AM
D
drdriver Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
D
Boat Wrx, and Bait Wrx

Re: Bass Fishing Related Places to Visit Near Table Rock Lake [Re: Monty Wright] #14311772 03/11/22 09:17 AM
M
MrRoachie Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted by Monty Wright
If you haven't been to the Wonders of Wildlife National Museum & Aquarium at the Springfield Bass Pro Shops, it worth the visit. We all loved it. You enter the aquarium on the back side of the BPS. After going through the aquarium, you go through the BPS store to access the museum part. We truly enjoyed it all.

It's not really fishing related, but Top of The Rock Lost Canyon Cave golf cart tour was fun for the whole family. You get a golf cart and have a trail to travel a couple miles around the area. The scenery is beautiful there in the Ozarks. You also get admission to a museum there on sight. We enjoyed it a lot. Lost Canyon Nature Trail

Dogwood Canyon Nature Park has fishing available at some of the creeks in certain areas. A lot of trout, I didn't see any bass. I rented a rod/reel from the store since I didn't have anything with me for that trip. Dogwood Canyon website

We stayed at Big Cedar Lodge for Thanksgiving in 2020. We did everything listed above with my 9 year old and toddler. Great family trip and we would definitely do it again.

If you plan on doing any of them, there is a lot of info on their websites. I would plan on making reservations before hand so you know you have time slots, etc.

What he said.. We go again in August and then at Christmas this year..

Do breakfast at the Hungry Hunter. Make reservations at Keeters NOW if you can even get 1.

Mr. Gilbert's Place for Chicago style pizza. Little Hacienda for Mexican.. eat dinner at the Buzzard Bar just so you can say you have.

Just to get out and drive.. there is peel ferry across bull shoals. Drive down thru lead hill and make a big loop.

Go down to bent hook marina in the morning and watch the guides stumble around.

God loves you just as much as anybody else!!

Jesus offered His life as a gift for you. Please accept it!
Re: Bass Fishing Related Places to Visit Near Table Rock Lake [Re: MrRoachie] #14311799 03/11/22 11:45 AM
M
Monty Wright Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted by MrRoachie
Originally Posted by Monty Wright

What he said.. We go again in August and then at Christmas this year.
Do breakfast at the Hungry Hunter. Make reservations at Keeters NOW if you can even get 1.

Mr. Gilbert's Place for Chicago style pizza. Little Hacienda for Mexican.. eat dinner at the Buzzard Bar just so you can say you have.

Just to get out and drive.. there is peel ferry across bull shoals. Drive down thru lead hill and make a big loop.

Go down to bent hook marina in the morning and watch the guides stumble around.

I vouch for Mr. Gilberti's Pizza. It's off the beaten path but was worth the detour to us. Seems like there is pizza on every corner up there but Mr. Gilberti's was our favorite. The gal working the night we were there had an accent like she had lived in Chicago most of her life. The pasta was delicious as well.

Daiwa biased

Half Past First Cast
^^^Worth a look^^^
Re: Bass Fishing Related Places to Visit Near Table Rock Lake [Re: FishAdmirer] #14311938 03/11/22 02:25 PM
R
ring fry Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
Another vote for Wonders of Wildlife and BPS. Definitely worth the short drive.

Retired grass grower

2008, 2022 NCAA Men's Basketball Champions
GO JAYHAWKS

Re: Bass Fishing Related Places to Visit Near Table Rock Lake [Re: FishAdmirer] #14312049 03/11/22 03:53 PM
DBGSIG Offline
Angler
Angler
Dogwood Canyon is a must see. Makes for a relaxing day. The restaurant is good also

Re: Bass Fishing Related Places to Visit Near Table Rock Lake [Re: FishAdmirer] #14312194 03/11/22 05:18 PM
S
Slide_R Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Lambert's - "Home of the Throwed Rolls" located between Branson and Springfield was always a good eat.

Robert Oleson
aka Slide_R

Re: Bass Fishing Related Places to Visit Near Table Rock Lake [Re: Slide_R] #14321279 03/21/22 01:32 AM
F
FishAdmirer Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
F
We had a good trip to the Branson area last week. Thank you for the suggestions. We visited Bass Pro and Bait WrX in Springfield. We enjoyed the golf cart tour at the Top of the Rock and the train from Branson to Arkansas. We met up with some friends also in Branson for the week at Lamberts.

We visited Rockaway Beach. The story of the former resort town on Taneycomo and how it was affected by the cold water when the dam was built is interesting.

We didn't get to do it all of course. We will have to go back and do some of the other things that were suggested. I wanted to eat Pizza at Mr. Gilberti's Pizza but couldn't find time. Thank you for the advice.

Last edited by FishAdmirer; 03/21/22 01:33 AM.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide