Page 336 of 399 1 2 334 335 336 337 338 398 399
Re: Lake Somerville [Re: fishytx] #14310070 03/09/22 09:10 PM
F
FISHINGFOOL40 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Originally Posted by fishytx
Credit is low and crystal clear. Caught 30 in an hour. Flip em on the bank and just keep catching. Lept 13 for the gease, headed home.

thanks for the report Doug may try to play hooky tomorrow head that way house needs painting yard needs mowing but I don't care cuz I'm going fishing clap thumb

---" Born To Fish " === " Forced To Work "---
Re: Lake Somerville [Re: J-Moe] #14310088 03/09/22 09:30 PM
F
fishytx Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
The water is so clear that I would wear some Gray clothes so you will be camo with the background of the trees

Re: Lake Somerville [Re: J-Moe] #14310093 03/09/22 09:45 PM
J
Joseph.L Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
Was planning on going out Saturday Morning, my uncle needs redemption on the fly! Has water rose at all?

Re: Lake Somerville [Re: J-Moe] #14310129 03/09/22 10:28 PM
F
fishytx Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
I feel like a hypocrite. I said I wouldn't keep any fish this year and I just brought home my third stringer of fish. Fresh fish fry tomorrow. But I'm now home and I am about to go clean some fish. I hate trying to type on my phone. I go back to read it and there are words on there I did not type. Any how, the creek is running slow and the water is very clear. The fish were holding in deeper pockets with a good flow of water coming into it. This was the quickest catch time for me. If someone told me that they caught 25 to 30 fish in an hour, I would have called it BC. But today with no barb on the hook I was able to get fish off in no time, flip em back on the bank, cast back out and catch another. 30 whites in an hour is almost unheard of, but I did it today and it was a blast. Only brought home 13 because I wasn't sure if I could carry them back to the truck even though I only made one break stop before reaching my truck. Now about the clothing deal. I had on jeans and picked out a shirt that matched just in case the water was clear, which it was. These fish can see you on the bank, so I wanted to blend in with the background. I stood as still as possible, very little movement on the bank. Drift my jig into the deeper water pocket and bang, fish on. Small males were up in the shallow water and very few at that. Want the bigger fish, you got fish the deeper pockets. They were laying on the bottom.
Since I was tossing fish back onto the bank, once I had 13 nice ones I decided it was time to leave so I could take good care of the fish I was taking home. Over all, I would call this trip one of my better trips in some time, maybe in past five years. It was unbelievably good. I'll probably go again tomorrow before this rain and sleet moves in on us, plus I have a doctors appointment on Friday.
Oh yeah, I saw two other vehicles there when I arrived and that's it. So my first thought was, the fish have quit biting due to the colder weather, therefore there are no anglers. But since I drove over there I had to go see if I could catch a few. Trust me, this trip turned out 99% better than I had first thought when there wasn't anyone there. Two vehicles at Irwin bridge during white bass spawn is something you just don't see. It tells me one thing, NO FISH. But I sure am glad I gave it a go anyway.
J-Moe is at Newmans bottom as we speak. I called him and he was just driving down onto the bottom as I was leaving Irwin. In fact, we started cutting out on the phone call. So I look for a good report from J-Moe later on today.
Going to eat dinner and then clean fish, more reports to come.

Re: Lake Somerville [Re: J-Moe] #14310157 03/09/22 11:01 PM
F
fishytx Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
J-Moe sent me a text and he said he pulled 20 fish out of the first hole he stopped to fish. He is well on his way to a hundred fish day.

Re: Lake Somerville [Re: J-Moe] #14310283 03/10/22 12:51 AM
J
jsinn01 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Thanks for the great reports. I had a great day at work. roflmao

Re: Lake Somerville [Re: J-Moe] #14310334 03/10/22 01:27 AM
F
fishburrito Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
F
I don't normally post since I don't catch fish often, lol. I had already requested this Monday and Tuesday off from work to go fishing. Just my luck that the cold front pushed in Sunday night. I headed to Irwin Bridge for the first time ever, I usually fish at "The Steps", with low hopes of catching anything. Arrived around around 7:30am and there were only 2 other cars in the parking area, not a good sign or so I thought. I moved around for a bit until I got my first hit on a roster tail and then it was on. From 8-9 I had 18 keepers and I missed a few, they were swiping at the bait and would miss it. The bite slowed down at 9 and I switched to a 1/16 white crappie jig, I ran out of 1/32. I managed one more fish and went back to the roster tail. I finally manage to get my limit by 11am. Now for Tuesday, I arrived at about 7am and it is raining on and off, 0 cars in the parking lot. I put on my rain gear and headed to the river, at this point the rain picks up and I contemplating going home. I fish for a little over an hour and managed 10 fish. At this point I decided to call it quits and head home. The Yegua was good to me and I plan on returning. Also, I appreciate all the tips and tricks from fishytx, hook-line&sinker,J-Moe, and JonL just to name a few. You all have helped me out tremendously.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Lake Somerville [Re: J-Moe] #14310424 03/10/22 02:42 AM
J
jsinn01 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Nice report, fishburrito! Glad you were able to catch a few. I don't limit out every time either like others on this forum, but I sure do enjoy fishing the Yegua.

Re: Lake Somerville [Re: fishburrito] #14310450 03/10/22 03:06 AM
J
JonL Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
Good looking stringer of fish. Glad we can help giving some tips for you to catch some fish. It's important for everyone to enjoy the white bass fishing at the Yegua. It's a special place and that's why I drive a 3 plus hour round trip to fish there.

Re: Lake Somerville [Re: fishytx] #14310479 03/10/22 03:49 AM
F
FISHINGFOOL40 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Originally Posted by fishytx
The water is so clear that I would wear some Gray clothes so you will be camo with the background of the trees

peep roflmao roflmao peep frkazoid

Re: Lake Somerville [Re: fishburrito] #14310487 03/10/22 03:51 AM
F
FISHINGFOOL40 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Originally Posted by fishburrito
I don't normally post since I don't catch fish often, lol. I had already requested this Monday and Tuesday off from work to go fishing. Just my luck that the cold front pushed in Sunday night. I headed to Irwin Bridge for the first time ever, I usually fish at "The Steps", with low hopes of catching anything. Arrived around around 7:30am and there were only 2 other cars in the parking area, not a good sign or so I thought. I moved around for a bit until I got my first hit on a roster tail and then it was on. From 8-9 I had 18 keepers and I missed a few, they were swiping at the bait and would miss it. The bite slowed down at 9 and I switched to a 1/16 white crappie jig, I ran out of 1/32. I managed one more fish and went back to the roster tail. I finally manage to get my limit by 11am. Now for Tuesday, I arrived at about 7am and it is raining on and off, 0 cars in the parking lot. I put on my rain gear and headed to the river, at this point the rain picks up and I contemplating going home. I fish for a little over an hour and managed 10 fish. At this point I decided to call it quits and head home. The Yegua was good to me and I plan on returning. Also, I appreciate all the tips and tricks from fishytx, hook-line&sinker,J-Moe, and JonL just to name a few. You all have helped me out tremendously.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

welcome coolphotos fish clap thumb

Re: Lake Somerville [Re: fishburrito] #14310524 03/10/22 04:44 AM
L
Ledeez Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by fishburrito

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Nice pescado pics!
thumb

Teamgetsome$$$
Re: Lake Somerville [Re: J-Moe] #14311077 03/10/22 06:45 PM
F
fishytx Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
My computer is almost dead. Yesterday it worked kind a good, today I can't even get on the internet. It jumps, its super slow, it does all kind of weird things that I've never seen a computer do. Either I need to take it to someone and see if they can fix it, or buy a new one. So if you see weird words or phrase I typed, it's my phones fault. LOL Trying to decide if I'm going today or not. Woke up this morning with a bad back ack. And I have a real hard time catching fish and not bring some home, so I know I'll at least haul 12 to 13 out of there. Wife and I love these fish. In fact, it's the only fish I clean and keep for the freezer. I think there's enough in there from last year to carry us through another year. We keep frying up the fish I've been bringing home. Having fried fish tonight.
Something tells me I'll end up going though. It's something I really enjoy and I know I'm on a time frame that gies by way to fast. We might have three weeks left to get them while they're up there like they are.

Re: Lake Somerville [Re: J-Moe] #14311254 03/10/22 08:52 PM
J
jsinn01 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Fishytx, I found that the shelf life of a computer is about 3 years. Then it's time to replace. If you've gotten longer than 3 years out of it, you're doing pretty good. Agreed that it sucks trying to type things out on your phone. Auto-correct is a cruel bitch.

Re: Lake Somerville [Re: J-Moe] #14311615 03/11/22 02:04 AM
F
fishytx Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Computer is about five years old. Shows to have a lot if stroage space still available. But yes I think it's time for a new one.

Page 336 of 399 1 2 334 335 336 337 338 398 399
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide