Page 1 of 2 1 2
Looking to buy Ultraskiff/Bass Hunter #14170730 10/25/21 03:06 PM
M
Mick McGuire Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
M
Looking to buy a used Ultraskiff 360, or 8' Bass Hunter 2-man boat. Any attachments included with the boat (trailer, trolling motor, fish finder, etc.) while not necessary, would also be considered. Thanks for reading this.

Mick McGuire
Spring Branch, TX

Re: Looking to buy Ultraskiff/Bass Hunter [Re: Mick McGuire] #14303247 03/03/22 05:29 AM
P
PokenAround Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
P
Was curious if you ever found your boat. Debating whether to buy one.

Re: Looking to buy Ultraskiff/Bass Hunter [Re: Mick McGuire] #14305798 03/06/22 01:31 AM
603Country Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
I have an 8’ Sun Dolphin, with 2 seats and a trolling motor, and I probably won’t use it again. Also have a good battery box with it, though the battery is done. I’ve been thinking about maybe selling it. It’s a nice little boat, and the wife and I have caught a lot of crappie from it. The boat’s not too old, but I may be. The wife says I should sell it, so I guess I will.

One sturdy fellow can put it in the truck bed.

We live near Groesbeck, Tx, which is 120 miles south of DFW and 140 miles north of The Woodlands. PM me if interested. Price? We can discuss it.

Re: Looking to buy Ultraskiff/Bass Hunter [Re: Mick McGuire] #14307460 03/07/22 09:19 PM
P
PlanoDavid Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
P
I had a girlfriend once upon a time from Groesbeck smile I have a Roundabout Watercraft (http://www.roundaboutwatercraft.com). Mine isnt for sale, but I'd be happy to share the advantages and disadvantages of owning one. It is similar to an Ultraskiff, but with better options in my opinion.

Re: Looking to buy Ultraskiff/Bass Hunter [Re: PokenAround] #14309979 03/09/22 07:03 PM
M
Mick McGuire Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
M
Thanks for asking. I have not found a boat yet, and continue my search. Good luck in finding what you want.

Mick

Re: Looking to buy Ultraskiff/Bass Hunter [Re: PlanoDavid] #14317779 03/17/22 12:37 AM
P
PokenAround Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
P
Would love to hear you opin on advantages and dis. What accessories have you installed?

Re: Looking to buy Ultraskiff/Bass Hunter [Re: Mick McGuire] #14322188 03/21/22 10:52 PM
P
PlanoDavid Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
P
[Linked Image]

So the Roundabout Watercraft is a 6ft Round boat.
Advantages:
Weighs 120lbs empty with a 460lb rating.
You cant tump it over. I can fish sitting or I can fish standing.
Biggest Advantage - Accessories!
I have added the following to mine:
RailBlaza Attachments - All the way around....Multiple rod holders, Light holders...Phone holder....speaker holder...fish finder....transducer...knife smile etc. Love Rail Blaza addons
Two RailBlaza USB inputs - 3 Rail Blaza Power Ports (for Front Lights and Fishfinder)
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Fishing Lights on the front
[Linked Image]

Speaker for Bluetooth Music
[Linked Image]

I mounted two Milwaukee packouts to the floor so I can utilize Milwaukee packout tool boxes on the boat...expensive overkill but I like it.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Motor Guide Xi3 36 trolling motor mounted on the front ---benefit...Anchor lock...no need to carry an anchor.
[Linked Image]

Honda 2.3 Outboard - Gas Engine with extedable handle
[Linked Image]

Mounted a cutting board to stop the bounce for the outboard
[Linked Image]

Eternal Lithium 12V Battery - All day fishing x 2 - One for the trolling motor and one for accessories
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Millinium Chair - most comfortable chair I have found.
[Linked Image]

4 Storage Areas with 3 Hull Ports in each to access the interior of the boat if needed (wiring mainly)
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Bilge Pump in the rear inside the hull with access port on the side

Custom Cutting Board rod holder on the back of the chair...holds 5 rods.
[Linked Image]

I roll with expandable rods...I know people love the action etc....but I grew up with a zebco 33 so Im ok with my choices.

Trailer - Academy cheap trailer - I went with two custom trailers until I bought this cheap one. I started off unloading the boat near the ramp and pushing into the water, then I wanted to do a true boat launch approach.
[Linked Image]

I have 6 retractable boat tie downs on the trailer - this is also one of my favorite add-ons...no loos straps anywhere!
[Linked Image]

Garmin Striker 4cv with finder
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Push pole

Customer Switch Setup for lights, bilge pump, fish finder, USB and power.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Custom Lights inside boat (Green) all the way around the boat
[Linked Image]

Navigation Lights
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Magnets around the boat to set my lures on...its actually a nice feature!
[Linked Image]

Re: Looking to buy Ultraskiff/Bass Hunter [Re: PlanoDavid] #14323112 03/22/22 06:34 PM
M
Mick McGuire Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
M
PlanoDavid,

Great job of accessorization. You are my new hero. Can you tell me specifically, what are the Railblaza parts you used for the Garmin mount, and the transducer mount and arm? Just curious, what made you choose the Roundabout over the Ultraskiff, just the price? Again, nice job, and thanks for giving me some new ideas.

Best regards,

Mick McGuire
Spring Branch, TX

Re: Looking to buy Ultraskiff/Bass Hunter [Re: Mick McGuire] #14323300 03/22/22 09:43 PM
P
PlanoDavid Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
P
For the Railblaza parts:
RAILBLAZA E Port DC Mounting Base - for Power
RAILBLAZA Rotating Platform for the base to mount to
RAILBLAZA Rotating Platform
RAILBLAZA Adjustable Extender
RAILBLAZA Transducer Deployment Arm XL
RAILBLAZA SidePort Mounting Base - Black
These were the parts for the fishfinder and transducer (can find them all on Amazon)

I chose the roundabout over an ultraskiff because I liked the walls inside vs the angled up approach Ulstraskiff took. Really glad I did now because you can mount a MotorGuide Xi3 on an Ultraskiff (I dont think). I also wanted to mount the Electronic Switch on the wall, which you cant do on the Ulstraskiff. I had this on my Jon Boat and really liked it.

Re: Looking to buy Ultraskiff/Bass Hunter [Re: Mick McGuire] #14323307 03/22/22 09:49 PM
P
PlanoDavid Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
P
Oh Disadvantages.....1)Looks funny
2) No others!

!!!! Lightweight....goes where a boat can go....goes where a Kayak can go....I can stand and fish with zero issues or I can sit in comfort! My legs and arms dont hurt from using oars or foot peddles. I can use a boat ramp or I can drop on the side of the bank and push into the water. I can remove the front trolling motor and outboard and do a simple trolling motor setup in just a few minutes. Its wired (thanks to me) for front and back trolling motors.

Re: Looking to buy Ultraskiff/Bass Hunter [Re: Mick McGuire] #14335473 04/05/22 09:11 PM
R
Rook1436 Offline
Angler
Angler
R
Mick McGuire, If you're still looking, I have a great buy on my Bass Baby boat. It has only been used twice and is still relative new. always stored inside and has alot of upgrades. Has an Motorguide Xi3 12volt 55lb with GPS for spot lock, has the upgraded trolling motor mount, Upgraded Millenium seats, Garmin Livescope, Garmin 93sv with stowaway mount, and for those super hot Texas summer days it has a custom made bimini top. Let me know if you're interested and I can send you pictures. Thanks.

It's time to "Set The Hook"!!!!!!

Re: Looking to buy Ultraskiff/Bass Hunter [Re: Mick McGuire] #14347401 04/19/22 04:08 PM
bassfishinglawyer Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I have an Ultraskiff I'd sell - it's on a small trailer. Near Sherman, TX if you want to travel that far. Have it on a pond - just use my baby pontoon more because I'm usually with someone.

Re: Looking to buy Ultraskiff/Bass Hunter [Re: Rook1436] #14371424 05/18/22 09:00 PM
M
Mick McGuire Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
M
Rook,

Thanks for asking. I went to Mississippi and picked up a new Bass Baby at the manufacturer about a week before your post (my timing was never good). I appreciate your interest.

Mick

Re: Looking to buy Ultraskiff/Bass Hunter [Re: Rook1436] #14512843 10/22/22 06:59 PM
S
Spring Lizard Waterdog Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Have not seen a Bass Baby can you post a photo. How much do they cost and what are the specs?

Re: Looking to buy Ultraskiff/Bass Hunter [Re: Spring Lizard Waterdog] #14607625 01/24/23 09:13 PM
M
Mick McGuire Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
M
Spring Lizard Waterdog,

So sorry that I have not replied sooner, haven't been on in months what with winter here. The Bass Baby can be seen on-line at basshunterboats.com. I believe the site is currently showing all three of their models as temporarily unavailable, but if you are interested, I would call the owner/manager, Tres Anderson, and speak with him personally. That's what I did. Last year, they were retailing for around $1099. The larger models are more, of course. The site also shows you the building specs and accessories available. One more caveat, they do not ship the products, at least they didn't when I purchased mine, which is the reason I had to drive to MS to pick it up. Hope this helps, and good luck.

Mick McGuire

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide