Page 1 of 2 1 2
Squamos cell carcinoma #14289168 02/18/22 09:25 PM
S
Siberman Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Got biopsy (top of ear ) results today . Seeing the Dr. next week to discuss treatment options . Anyone have any experience with this ?

As always , prayers appreciated .

Re: Squamos cell carcinoma [Re: Siberman] #14289192 02/18/22 09:44 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
hope they got it early.

they will likely want to cut it out, I have had something like 42 cut out so far.

most of mine have been basal cell, not as serious as squamous (think 10 of mine have been squamous).

go to academy online and get one of the columbia hats with a skirt. good spf and covers most of your head.

https://www.academy.com/p/columbia-sportswear-mens-pfg-backcast%E2%84%A2-cachalot-hat?gmc_feed=t&campid=71700000082370877&adgroupid=58700006958641230&device=c&keyword=92700066835917704&Channel=ps&&ogmap=SEM%7cPLN%7cGOOG%7cSHOP%7cc%7cAP%7c%7cNon-Brand-SmartShopping-Apparel-AthleticApparel%7cAthleticApparel%7c%7c%7c&gclid=Cj0KCQiApL2QBhC8ARIsAGMm-KF0LQi5arGPoogF5WDGXwARKj5eb4Ne3IVFMlXRqKivfeVd4dOn33UaAgfbEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: Squamos cell carcinoma [Re: Siberman] #14289212 02/18/22 10:16 PM
M
markson Offline
Angler
Angler
M
Getting mine fixed on Tuesday. Started as a large lump on my leg that they cut off above the skin and sent to the lab. Came back positive for Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Doc says they will now cut it all out and stitch it up both internally and externally. Good times.

Re: Squamos cell carcinoma [Re: Siberman] #14289630 02/19/22 01:58 PM
C
Curt0407 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
C
Been there done that. Mine, 2 spots out of 3, were caught early enough that I was able to use a chemical peel for a few weeks to eliminate the cancer cells. One spot had to be surgically removed under a local anesthesia. That one was on my forehead the other two were on my ears.

Re: Squamos cell carcinoma [Re: Siberman] #14291370 02/21/22 05:15 PM
Z
Zipster Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Z
I 've had 2 removed off of my face with chemical peel and 1 cut off of the back of my ear. Made a hole about the size of a dime. Not a big deal. Just make sure to cover up and use sun screen. IT opens your eyes to how important that is!

Re: Squamos cell carcinoma [Re: Zipster] #14291413 02/21/22 06:07 PM
S
Siberman Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Zipster
I 've had 2 removed off of my face with chemical peel and 1 cut off of the back of my ear. Made a hole about the size of a dime. Not a big deal. Just make sure to cover up and use sun screen. IT opens your eyes to how important that is!

I cover up religiously now but I was a "sun-worshipper" in my younger days . Going in Thursday for him to remove more skin just to make sure he got it all .

Worst part is the not knowing . Every little bump or bruise is suspect , wink

Re: Squamos cell carcinoma [Re: Siberman] #14291710 02/21/22 11:08 PM
K
kcb Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
I'm by no means close to an expert. I had one squamous several years back and have had several basil cell frozen and one Moh's Surgery (SP). As I remember the squamous was treated similar to the basil, but it was caught early and wasn't very big.

Re: Squamos cell carcinoma [Re: Siberman] #14301678 03/01/22 08:38 PM
bassfishinglawyer Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Just had squamous removed from my ear. Moh's surgery - just like they had done with basal cell - I just know they wanted to get to it earlier. Dr. was fairly aggressive so part of ear is a little concave now, but you'd never know unless you knew.

Hope it goes well!!

Re: Squamos cell carcinoma [Re: Siberman] #14301683 03/01/22 08:45 PM
P
pop r Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
P
Prayers up for you Siberman. angel2

Re: Squamos cell carcinoma [Re: Siberman] #14301822 03/01/22 10:32 PM
O
Oldrabbit Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
O
Prayers sent Siberman.

Re: Squamos cell carcinoma [Re: Siberman] #14303232 03/03/22 04:31 AM
1oldbassguy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
I think some of y'all might be confusing actinic keratosis with basal cell and squamous cell . AK's are typically either just burned off , chemically peeled , Efudex and in some cases , disurection (sp) . I have had three basal cells , one removed VIA Mohs surgery ( trying to keep the scare small ) and two removed with Efudex . I have been doing the derm Dr stuff since 1999 --- hate it . I have had tons of procedures , burning ( or freezing actually ) , Blue light ( using levulan ) , Efudex , Mohs , disurection . 3-5% of all AK's can become a basal cell or squamous cell if left alone in 3-5 years . Getting all the AK's removed early is key.
Spot treating a squamous or basal cell can work , I had one about the size of a nickel on my left arm and it completely went away after 3 weeks using Efudex .
I went on a research binge last fall after two rounds of blue light treatments . Discovered a new lotion called DNA Total Repair . made by Neova . Very expensive , but so far seems to be worth every penny . I treat my face with it twice a day for the past three months and have not had a single AK pop up on my face . It uses enzymes to repair the DNA structures deep within the skin --- basically repairing it much quicker than normal . It was part of a Nobel prize in chemistry for using liposomes to deliver the enzymes deep enough to repair the skin structure .

Re: Squamos cell carcinoma [Re: 1oldbassguy] #14303304 03/03/22 11:55 AM
Hard Rain Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by 1oldbassguy
I think some of y'all might be confusing actinic keratosis with basal cell and squamous cell . AK's are typically either just burned off , chemically peeled , Efudex and in some cases , disurection (sp) . I have had three basal cells , one removed VIA Mohs surgery ( trying to keep the scare small ) and two removed with Efudex . I have been doing the derm Dr stuff since 1999 --- hate it . I have had tons of procedures , burning ( or freezing actually ) , Blue light ( using levulan ) , Efudex , Mohs , disurection . 3-5% of all AK's can become a basal cell or squamous cell if left alone in 3-5 years . Getting all the AK's removed early is key.
Spot treating a squamous or basal cell can work , I had one about the size of a nickel on my left arm and it completely went away after 3 weeks using Efudex .
I went on a research binge last fall after two rounds of blue light treatments . Discovered a new lotion called DNA Total Repair . made by Neova . Very expensive , but so far seems to be worth every penny . I treat my face with it twice a day for the past three months and have not had a single AK pop up on my face . It uses enzymes to repair the DNA structures deep within the skin --- basically repairing it much quicker than normal . It was part of a Nobel prize in chemistry for using liposomes to deliver the enzymes deep enough to repair the skin structure .

If the doc uses liquid nitrogen to remove it is either AK (actinic keratosis) or SK (seborrheic keratosis). For any suspected basal cell or squamous cell, or suspected melanoma, the doc will remove by slicing to be sent for pathology results. I have had tons of AK’s and SK’s frozen off fortunately not hardly anything worse so far.

The Neova DNA Total Repair you mention sounds very interesting as wel as teh Blue light treatment never heard of those.

Re: Squamos cell carcinoma [Re: Hard Rain] #14303654 03/03/22 05:02 PM
1oldbassguy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Hard Rain

If the doc uses liquid nitrogen to remove it is either AK (actinic keratosis) or SK (seborrheic keratosis). For any suspected basal cell or squamous cell, or suspected melanoma, the doc will remove by slicing to be sent for pathology results. I have had tons of AK’s and SK’s frozen off fortunately not hardly anything worse so far.

The Neova DNA Total Repair you mention sounds very interesting as wel as teh Blue light treatment never heard of those.

The Blue light therapy works well . Does a good job at clearing out the surface level AK's , SK's . It doesn't go as deep as Efudex . My last blue light was 90 minute medicine exposure with a 16 minute light exposure . The longer the medicine exposure , the deeper the burn of the AK's . My health provider doesn't go any longer than 90 minutes . Some health care companies go as long as 4 hours . If you do this procedure , I recommend taking some pain relief about an hour before the light portion --- it can get a little intense .
The DNA Total repair is amazing , it's expensive , but so far works better than I thought

Re: Squamos cell carcinoma [Re: 1oldbassguy] #14304034 03/04/22 12:09 AM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco

The Blue light therapy works well . Does a good job at clearing out the surface level AK's , SK's . It doesn't go as deep as Efudex . My last blue light was 90 minute medicine exposure with a 16 minute light exposure . The longer the medicine exposure , the deeper the burn of the AK's . My health provider doesn't go any longer than 90 minutes . Some health care companies go as long as 4 hours . If you do this procedure , I recommend taking some pain relief about an hour before the light portion --- it can get a little intense .
The DNA Total repair is amazing , it's expensive , but so far works better than I thought

I was hoping to be teleported to a planet of just yanet quality wimmins, once again my hopes were dashed.

[Linked Image]

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: Squamos cell carcinoma [Re: hopalong] #14304231 03/04/22 04:09 AM
1oldbassguy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by hopalong

I was hoping to be teleported to a planet of just yanet quality wimmins, once again my hopes were dashed.

[Linked Image]

yup , thats the good ole blue light . The first time I did one , my face had a ton of AK's , and when that light came on and the stinging sensation started --- I was like WAIT !!!! That chit was intense .
My health provider won't do it on my arms --- which makes no sense -- they claimed it wasn't FDA approved for arms , just your face ??
In australia , they use a medicine similar to the levulan , but it's twice as potent and they typically do a 4 hour exposure before the light --- in video's , the Dr's say there is no way people could handle it unless they provided some quality pain relief .
My wife calls it my white privilege ---haha

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide