Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Opinions/Survey on lithium marine batteries #14292677 02/22/22 06:59 PM
Clark Reehm Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
I am currently working on a project about Lithium Marine Batteries. Please feel free to share your opinions on these questions as well as add anything else you might think is beneficial in deciding to purchase Lithium batteries for your boat or concerns you may have. Thank you for helping out and contributing.

1) Do you currently run Lithium Batteries in your boat? Brand? Cranking and/or trolling? Why did you select that brand?

2) What questions, concerns or issues do you have about purchasing Lithium batteries in the future? What brand are you looking at and why?

3) Honestly, how well do you understand battery science and other mechanical/chemical things as it relates to boats?

4) Are bells and whistles such as bluetooth monitoring, fancy gauges, depth finder interfacing etc.important to you and does it validate an increased price?

5) Is brand recognition important or do you believe most batteries are the same quality regardless of brand, packaging or advertising

6) Do you understand how battery warranties truly work?

Re: Opinions/Survey on lithium marine batteries [Re: Clark Reehm] #14292783 02/22/22 08:20 PM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I saw you asked the same question on another thread, mind says what the project is besides opinions?

1) Do you currently run Lithium Batteries in your boat? Brand? Cranking and/or trolling? Why did you select that brand?
Ionic 125a cranking and 3 50a tm
2) What questions, concerns or issues do you have about purchasing Lithium batteries in the future? What brand are you looking at and why?
These should be good for a long time to come, moslt likely new technology will be out before they need replacing
3) Honestly, how well do you understand battery science and other mechanical/chemical things as it relates to boats?
Enough to be dangerous, 30 years experience in maintenance field
4) Are bells and whistles such as bluetooth monitoring, fancy gauges, depth finder interfacing etc.important to you and does it validate an increased price?
Bluetooth is nice, the rest is irrelevant to me
5) Is brand recognition important or do you believe most batteries are the same quality regardless of brand, packaging or advertising
I'm sure some are the same with different labels, customer support is what I chose my decision on
Yes, and not all are the same.

Re: Opinions/Survey on lithium marine batteries [Re: Clark Reehm] #14294620 02/24/22 12:07 AM
shut-up-and-fish Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

EG4 12v 100 Ah - Size: group 24 - Weight: 22 lbs - Bluetooth Monitoring - 5 year Warranty - Trolling Motor and or dedicated for electronics
https://shut-up-and-fish.com/gyll-lifepower4-12v-100-ah-lithium-battery/
***I recommend for now to stay Led Acid or AGM batteries for the cranking motor. Some motor manufacturers even state in the owners manual to stay away from Lithium for the big motor.

Make certain that the Lithium batteries you chose have temp sensor/s. The EG4 12v 100 Ah has 4 temp sensors on board as well as a built-in fire suppressor.

Read the add in the link above to find some of these answers

The EG4 12v 100 Ah will be your highest rating at the best price points out there and will have all of the Bells & Whistles

Read, Read, Read and then compare then make your choice. Here @ shut-up-and-fish we stand behind any product we carry and have done so for 15 years in the business. We are here for you before, during and after the sale.

I know 100% that if you ever have an issue with the EG4 batteries you will be very satisfied as to how well you will be taken care of. Most importantly, you will be very impressed with how the Batteries perform without issues.

[Linked Image]
www.shut-up-and-fish.com
From *Sales, *Installation Services, and *On the shop floor Education & Instructional Tips
We have you covered here @ shut-up-and-fish for all of your Humminbird, Lowrance,
Garmin, Minn Kota & Motorguide needs plus much more - Call Now 972 822 9285
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide