Forums59
Topics1,037,849
Posts13,935,482
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: 9 inch screen vs 12 inch for livescope/active target? [Re: bockscar] #14292095 02/22/22 06:40 AM
B
bockscar Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
B
Im glad im not drinking tonight. I mightve ordered one! LOL

Gonna sell my Ti2 for $500 then probably looking for one of the combos with no transducer. If I get no transducer, does this eliminate all other features of the unit (Things like mapping, and water temp mostly...figure SI and DI is gone without a ducer)

Need to be patient now to see what Garmin rolls out! Def got myself fired up for it tonight tho! LOL

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: 9 inch screen vs 12 inch for livescope/active target? [Re: bockscar] #14292242 02/22/22 01:49 PM
C
coosa Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
I think it depends entirely on what you wanna do with it. If you are trying to win tournaments and already have $50k or more in your rig, it makes sense to get the best unit you can. If you are fishing for fun, the 9" may be all you need.

I am retired and usually go bass fishing once a week and crappie fishing once a week. I have a stick steering boat with a 50 hp motor and don't fish for anything except the enjoyment of fishing. I have a 73sv on the starboard side and I run maps and traditional on it. A few months ago I added a 93sc that is a dedicated LS on the port side. I sit down all the time, so the units are not far away from my eyes and are both big enough. I got the LS and the 93 on sale for a little over $2k. The 12" unit alone is more than that. There was a limit on how much money I wanted to tie up in a boat like this.

I have no regrets on buying the 93. It has helped a lot with bass fishing, but it's really made a difference in crappie fishing. We have caught some big stringers on days when we wouldn't have gotten a bite without it. I am headed to the lake today; just waiting on it to warm up a little. I can't last more than about 6 hrs anyway, so I'm in no hurry. That's a different perspective from that of most posters here. Good luck deciding!

Last edited by coosa; 02/22/22 01:50 PM.
Re: 9 inch screen vs 12 inch for livescope/active target? [Re: bockscar] #14292291 02/22/22 02:30 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Depth of your lake is what matters, deeper water is going to need a bigger graph.

Re: 9 inch screen vs 12 inch for livescope/active target? [Re: coosa] #14292394 02/22/22 04:00 PM
B
bockscar Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by coosa
I think it depends entirely on what you wanna do with it. If you are trying to win tournaments and already have $50k or more in your rig, it makes sense to get the best unit you can. If you are fishing for fun, the 9" may be all you need.

I am retired and usually go bass fishing once a week and crappie fishing once a week. I have a stick steering boat with a 50 hp motor and don't fish for anything except the enjoyment of fishing. I have a 73sv on the starboard side and I run maps and traditional on it. A few months ago I added a 93sc that is a dedicated LS on the port side. I sit down all the time, so the units are not far away from my eyes and are both big enough. I got the LS and the 93 on sale for a little over $2k. The 12" unit alone is more than that. There was a limit on how much money I wanted to tie up in a boat like this.

I have no regrets on buying the 93. It has helped a lot with bass fishing, but it's really made a difference in crappie fishing. We have caught some big stringers on days when we wouldn't have gotten a bite without it. I am headed to the lake today; just waiting on it to warm up a little. I can't last more than about 6 hrs anyway, so I'm in no hurry. That's a different perspective from that of most posters here. Good luck deciding!

damn...not what i was wanting to read! LOL I was hoping for everyone to say 12!!!

Im real similar to you as far as my fishing goes....and if Im able to fish once a week, I consider that a lot....unfortunately. Thats a big reason why I havent done this before. boat alone is a luxury item....then when you dont get to use it as much as youd like makes the $3k add on a HUGE luxury item considering the useage itll get. Looks like Garmin just announced, and Im gonna have 2 months to decide.

What I can say for sure....is im off the Mega360 idea I was considering. Mega360 is great but I saw a TacticalBassin video that didnt impress me, plus my lakes decently easy to read based on the shore and I think live can potentially make the difference in spotting spotting those bigs we all want and not so much for Mega360. My home lakes a grinder...but I know its got some bigs. Maybe no SALs, but DDs and close to DD range for sure!

Re: 9 inch screen vs 12 inch for livescope/active target? [Re: bockscar] #14292679 02/22/22 06:59 PM
Whaler-170 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Difference between a 9†& 10â€.

[Linked Image]

Re: 9 inch screen vs 12 inch for livescope/active target? [Re: Whaler-170] #14292829 02/22/22 08:39 PM
B
bockscar Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Whaler-170
Difference between a 9†& 10â€.

[Linked Image]

WOW.....thats a definitely more noticeable difference than I was expecting!! Thanks a ton for this pic.....that 1022 might be that sweetspot for me!!! cheers

Re: 9 inch screen vs 12 inch for livescope/active target? [Re: bockscar] #14293461 02/23/22 03:26 AM
E
ezbassin Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E
You know what they always say...Go big or go home,,,although I don't know just who "they" really are.

I would choose the 12 over the 9 to answer your question because I did just that a few years ago.

Re: 9 inch screen vs 12 inch for livescope/active target? [Re: bockscar] #14293565 02/23/22 10:51 AM
D
dimitri Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
i had a 9 on the active target and soon realized my eyesight is not what it once was so i got a 12. still catching the same few fish just not having to squint as hard as i once did.

Marine Electronics Installation
[by appointment only in Azle, Texas]
Graphs, Trolling Motors & Battery Chargers
Re: 9 inch screen vs 12 inch for livescope/active target? [Re: bockscar] #14293614 02/23/22 11:54 AM
BriannShell Offline
Extremely Happy Angler
Extremely Happy Angler
I just bought a new graph for active target and was considering a 9 because of the price. My buddy who has a 9 told me don't do it, pony up and get the 12. Looked at them side by side and to me there was a big difference. Bit the bullet and got the 12.

Lions do not concern themselves with the opinions of sheep
Re: 9 inch screen vs 12 inch for livescope/active target? [Re: bockscar] #14293968 02/23/22 04:05 PM
N
NTX Angler Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
N
Is anyone looking to sell a 93sv? I'm interested pls dm me

Re: 9 inch screen vs 12 inch for livescope/active target? [Re: tmd11111] #14293977 02/23/22 04:09 PM
N
NTX Angler Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
N
Originally Posted by tmd11111
No comparison from a 9" to a 12" specially for livescope. Had 9" graphs in the past and switched to 12"s on my last rig and wondered how I did without. New to me rig has 3 12's and a 10". Soon as I find the 12 i want to replace the 10 its going bye bye.

I'm interested in a 10 😃

Re: 9 inch screen vs 12 inch for livescope/active target? [Re: bockscar] #14293985 02/23/22 04:14 PM
N
NTX Angler Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
N
Originally Posted by bockscar

Gonna sell my Ti2 for $500 then probably looking for one of the combos with no transducer. If I get no transducer, does this eliminate all other features of the unit (Things like mapping, and water temp mostly...figure SI and DI is gone without a ducer)

Need to be patient now to see what Garmin rolls out! Def got myself fired up for it tonight tho! LOL

Man you ain't lyin!! Had a few the other night and bought a Calcutta Conquest🤦🤦

Re: 9 inch screen vs 12 inch for livescope/active target? [Re: bockscar] #14294288 02/23/22 07:27 PM
Fishinfellow Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I haven't bought the livescope yet but I waited and bought the 12 inch. Love it so far.
[Linked Image]

Thats my money fish
[Linked Image]
Kris Winhold
Re: 9 inch screen vs 12 inch for livescope/active target? [Re: coosa] #14294390 02/23/22 08:59 PM
N
NTX Angler Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
N

9 is all you need. Garmin is ripping people off with those prices. I have a7 and have used it for 3 years now not a prob. Just got livescope looking for a 9 without transducer. Seven would do but 9 is going to look huge to me.

Re: 9 inch screen vs 12 inch for livescope/active target? [Re: NTX Angler] #14294427 02/23/22 09:29 PM
B
bockscar Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by letsgofishin
Originally Posted by bockscar

Man you ain't lyin!! Had a few the other night and bought a Calcutta Conquest🤦🤦

I might smash them down quicker those days im wanting to buy something but the financially responsible version of myself wont allow it. Never thought id pay more than $25 for a damn bait....I unfortunately now have a collection of swimbaits WELL beyond $25 each 🤦â€â™‚ï¸

This livescope trigger will likely get pulled when Im a few deep
roflmao

Originally Posted by letsgofishin

9 is all you need. Garmin is ripping people off with those prices. I have a7 and have used it for 3 years now not a prob. Just got livescope looking for a 9 without transducer. Seven would do but 9 is going to look huge to me.

Im really leaning toward a 10 inch because of that picture Whaler posted! Im barely a weekend angler....more like a damn monthly angler some times 🤦â€â™‚ï¸ðŸ˜‚ so just off the how little ill use it....its still hard for me to go all in with the 12. That 10 inch Whaler posted really has me thinking thats a good compromise.

and damn...just hit RMP (kinda using them for planning but will order elsewhere) and the GPSmaps 1022 is $700 cheaper than the 12 inch...and the 1022 is $2899 with the LV34. They just posted this because before I was planning for that LV32 lower price. Seeing these bundle prices....i think the 1022 is where Ill top out. $700 is almost a trip to Ivie for me 🤔 roflmao

Thanks for all the input everyone....but looking at the new LV34 prices and then Whalers picture....i think im going 1022 with the new LV34. Lets see when i can get to drinking and placeing that order cheers roflmao

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide