Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Okie Poke] #14324901 03/24/22 02:32 PM
Dan90210 ☮ Online Embarrased OP
Jr Deputy Dan
OP Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Originally Posted by Okie Poke
Good luck to all of y’all. I’ve finally started my IF again on Monday. 4th day and already feel better. Got a ways to go, though. Weight is embarrassingly at 240lbs.

Go buddy! You got this.

I am now 7 weeks in on my journey to better health and not being a fat bastard.

Still hanging in there with the one meal a day. I only cheated one day. Had lunch AND dinner. Topo Chico with lemon is great for any hunger pangs, which can be severe, however they pass in 5-10 minutes.

Hit a bit of a plateau there and the scale did not move for a full week. Started adding in an hour of cardio alternated every other day with an hour of weight training. That has got things going again.

Down 19lbs since I started. Figure I have about 10lbs to go, that would put me at 215 and then I will be a sexy beach.

Stay hard fellas! You can do it.

Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Scagnetti] #14324907 03/24/22 02:34 PM
Jr Deputy Dan
OP Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Originally Posted by Scagnetti
I’ve done 3 day fasts, water only, several times when I’ve gone through my dieting phases

After the first day, your body gets used to the hunger pangs and by the third day, it’s not bad at all.

Being lightheaded is a problem though

I have twice gone 36 hours and I did not feel good at all. Messed me up. So I am sticking to the one meal a day deal. I have heard that many people can go several days, even a week or more and feel fine after the first day.

3 days is pretty hardcore. Props.

Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14340446 04/11/22 02:17 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
Good luck to all of y’all. I’ve finally started my IF again on Monday. 4th day and already feel better. Got a ways to go, though. Weight is embarrassingly at 240lbs.

Go buddy! You got this.

Still hanging in there with the one meal a day. I only cheated one day. Had lunch AND dinner. Topo Chico with lemon is great for any hunger pangs, which can be severe, however they pass in 5-10 minutes.

Hit a bit of a plateau there and the scale did not move for a full week. Started adding in an hour of cardio alternated every other day with an hour of weight training. That has got things going again.

Down 19lbs since I started. Figure I have about 10lbs to go, that would put me at 215 and then I will be a sexy beach.

I ain't got sheet! I've lost a measley 4lbs. Weighing 236. You're the one knocking it outta the park. Keep up the good. I just gotta figure out that every excuse in the book just ain't gonna make it any better. noidea

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Okie Poke] #14340587 04/11/22 04:48 PM
Jr Deputy Dan
OP Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan

Go buddy! You got this.

I ain't got sheet! I've lost a measley 4lbs. Weighing 236. You're the one knocking it outta the park. Keep up the good. I just gotta figure out that every excuse in the book just ain't gonna make it any better. noidea

The journey of 1000 miles starts with one step! You can do this!

I am sitting at around 217 now. So down roughly 26lbs since Feb 1.

Still doing the same thing. One meal a day 6 days a week. On weekends we go for brunch on Saturdays and I still eat dinner. So one day a week I eat two meals. Of course no snacking at all. Few days I ate breakfast because I planned to be in the kayak all day. That can be pretty physical if your going a distance so the extra "ummph" from an apple and an avocado for breakfast was welcome on those days and was quite a treat.

Starting to get quite used to it now. Someone asked what I planned to do for "maintenance" when I get to goal. Thing of it is I am not sure what my goal is now. A six pack? Maybe. IDK. But I cannot see myself going back to eating 3 times a day. I actually like the convinces offered by just having the one meal. I am going though Topo Chico by the cases though lol.

You got this buddy. I know you can do it. Just start simple and get rid of the processed food. If its processed its out. That alone would get you some great traction I bet.

Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Okie Poke] #14341342 04/12/22 01:20 PM
RedRanger Online Content
burro desagradable
Online Content
burro desagradable
Good job, Danno. I'll get back to the IF as soon as we move outta the house and into apt. If I'm gonna be gazing at the young wimmins at poolside in our new place, I want them gazing back at this fat, hairy legged, beer bellied, gray haired wanna be GQ.

Keep up the good!

Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14344943 04/16/22 03:30 AM
1oldbassguy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
I have only eaten two meals a day for almost 15 years . Before I eat in the AM , I drink 12 ounces of pressed celery juice , wait 30 minutes , then 32 ounces of water before eating . then 32 to 64 ounces of water throughout the day --- then dinner at approx 6pm . I am not trying to lose weight , just want to have more energy and not feeling tired during the day .
I did some detox stuff this past month that was crazy . FAR I/R sauna for 30 minutes followed up by colon hydrotherapy for one hour . Insane what came out --- and how good I felt after .
During the sauna use ---- I actually sweated so much that black stains were on the towel when I was done . The Dr said it was leeching heavy metals out of my body .
I also lost almost 4 lbs from start to finish in one day .

Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: 1oldbassguy] #14345619 04/17/22 12:06 PM
Jr Deputy Dan
OP Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Originally Posted by 1oldbassguy
I have only eaten two meals a day for almost 15 years . Before I eat in the AM , I drink 12 ounces of pressed celery juice , wait 30 minutes , then 32 ounces of water before eating . then 32 to 64 ounces of water throughout the day --- then dinner at approx 6pm . I am not trying to lose weight , just want to have more energy and not feeling tired during the day .
I did some detox stuff this past month that was crazy . FAR I/R sauna for 30 minutes followed up by colon hydrotherapy for one hour . Insane what came out --- and how good I felt after .
During the sauna use ---- I actually sweated so much that black stains were on the towel when I was done . The Dr said it was leeching heavy metals out of my body .

That's interesting. Where does one go to do such a thing?

Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14345931 04/17/22 07:35 PM
1oldbassguy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by 1oldbassguy

That's interesting. Where does one go to do such a thing?

my primary residence is in Cali , so it was done there . If you do any searching in the bigger cities in Texas ---it should be really easy to find FAR I/R Sauna places . They kinda look like a 4' X 4' X 4' size soft material based box , your head sticks out the top ---- crazy how hot it gets . For the colon hydrotherapy --- thats a little more difficult --I used an " open system " VS a " closed system " . The the primary differences being the patient can control the water flow themselves with an open system and the Dr can examine what comes out to determine your issues . The open system pumps 15 gallons of water through your large intestine in one hour . Go online to see the system ---it's called Colonz , blue colored . The theory is reducing the toxins in the colon , liver , gall bladder help drive up the efficiency of those organs allowing for reduced stress on the system and higher nutritional uptake ---100% believe it has helped me .

Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14380783 05/30/22 06:31 PM
B
BassFever Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Congrats on losing weight. I'm down to 237 from 298. I'm trying to eat better with smaller portions. As a kid we were taught to clean our plates. It's something I've struggled with for yearsssssss. I try also to eat slower and leave a little something on the plate.

Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: BassFever] #14383176 06/02/22 02:28 PM
Jr Deputy Dan
OP Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Originally Posted by BassFever
Congrats on losing weight. I'm down to 237 from 298. I'm trying to eat better with smaller portions. As a kid we were taught to clean our plates. It's something I've struggled with for yearsssssss. I try also to eat slower and leave a little something on the plate.

Yesssss! Great job on the weight loss brother that is impressive! Over 60lbs!

I hear you on the "Clean your plate" thing. I was not allowed to leave the table until the plate was empty. A habit I still subconsciously practice to this day. If its on my plate I will eat it.

Fasting helps with that! Esp the one meal a day deal I have been doing bcs you really can eat all you like. You should eat until full in that case.

Just an update on my progress I am now down to 210. So roughly 35lb down since Feb 1. I have not been losing anymore. Been static or bouncing around in a 2-3lb range. I have started to eat lunch 3-4 days a week and only do the one meal a day thing about half the time. If my weight ticks up a bit I do a 48 hour fast and that nips it in the bud.

So yeah, I cannot suggest this enough. Once you get into it just seems normal and you wonder "How they hell did I eat 3 times a day!? And had snacks here and there!?! Like all i must have been doing was setting up my next meal constantly" lol

Now, my next goal if you would, is to get back into the lifting and improve functional strength and flexibility. All part of my plan to still be able to get out and fish when I get up there in age. And getting up there is starting to creep already. I have to set myself up now for success in 20 years.

Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14383179 06/02/22 02:29 PM
Jr Deputy Dan
OP Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Also cannot wait to get my blood work done. My blood sugars and cholesterol were not good to say the least. I am expecting big improvements in both.

Not sure when my next check up is but when it comes up I will share the results.

Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14395433 06/16/22 12:14 PM
J
Jonah's View Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
J
If you have been fasting your blood work will be off actually high in fats because that is what the body has been burning... Dr. Fung has some great info on fasting, watched a bunch of his videos... I’ve been fasting as a means of controlling my weight for years, love my Tex-mex...lol. Longest I’ve gone is seven days with only water... when I first started it was hard to go two to three days, headache, dizzy, and hunger pains... now it’s a breeze, your body will get used to it... I’ll eat normal for a month...then do a three to seven day fast and follow that with a 24hr fast of one meal a day for a week or two to get back where I want my weight then start all over... lol good luck to all who are doing this, it is good for you !

Maranatha !
Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Jonah's View] #14399034 06/20/22 04:29 PM
Jr Deputy Dan
OP Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Originally Posted by Jonah's View
If you have been fasting your blood work will be off actually high in fats because that is what the body has been burning... Dr. Fung has some great info on fasting, watched a bunch of his videos... I’ve been fasting as a means of controlling my weight for years, love my Tex-mex...lol. Longest I’ve gone is seven days with only water... when I first started it was hard to go two to three days, headache, dizzy, and hunger pains... now it’s a breeze, your body will get used to it... I’ll eat normal for a month...then do a three to seven day fast and follow that with a 24hr fast of one meal a day for a week or two to get back where I want my weight then start all over... lol good luck to all who are doing this, it is good for you !

It works. You are right at first its tough but you do get used to it pretty quick and it becomes no big deal.

Dr. Fung's content is great. There is a lot of BS in any "weight loss/control" space but he is the real deal. Its all based on science not hype or non sense or trying to sell some pill, fad, bizarre diet etc. Its just eat less often, burn more fat, and your overall health wont only not suffer but will greatly improve.

Simple. You only have to do the work and show discipline and it will work.

Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14399444 06/20/22 10:14 PM
L
LoneStarSon Online Content
Private Dancer
Online Content
Private Dancer
L
I do it, but I do not believe that it works like most people believe it does and there are studies showing it actually does not work for most. I believe it works for me because I am a grazer. I eat when I'm bored or when I am stressed. The intermittent fasting helps me to control that. Am I losing weight? Yes. However, from September 1 to March 23 I lost 23 pounds. Period. That's nuts. I am losing weight much more quickly now as I spend 4 hours in the pool and eat a diet consisting of mostly low caloric foods that are high in nutrients like mushrooms, onions, spaghetti squash, beets, sweet potatoes, eggplants, blueberries, apples, strawberries, melons, asparagus, boneless/skinless chicken breasts and thighs, lean ground turkey, salmon, catfish, tuna, etc. One of the reasons I am losing weight a bit more slowly this time is due to the fact that since 2012 I haven't been eating a lot of high calorie/high fat foods (except avocados, I LOVE avocados and thankfully they are good for you!). I just eat too much of the good stuff...my numbers are fine, other than my weight and it's getting better.

I wish you all luck in your endeavors.

Last edited by LoneStarSon; 06/21/22 03:09 AM.
Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14399446 06/20/22 10:17 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Intermittent fasting has lot of health benefits past just losing weight. Personally I think it's one of the best things someone can do for themselves. It has a ton of benefits.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide