Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: 407 bbq [Re: jwcromer] #14279823 02/09/22 09:52 PM
RipDaLips Offline
Old n Crusty
Old n Crusty
TMan's been working his arse off at something he puts his heart into everyday.

With that....Don't go diss'n when they go to miss'n! roflmao

Very disappointed today. I drove here to try 407 BBQ just to be greeted at the door saying that it was pick orders only today and that they were not serving. I had checked the web site before leaving home to make sure that they were open and what time they opened. There was nothing on their web site about not serving today. I wasted my time and gas and did not get any BBQ. Not a great way to build a customer base.

Response from the owner2 months ago
Steven, we don't update our website with every "off schedule" event. We do however update our customers with this new fangled thing people call "social media", pretty much the same thing you're using here. One would think being a "Level 7" restaurant expert as yourself, you might choose to possibly CALL a restaurant for hours around a Holiday, as many restaurants have irregular hours at these times, especially when dealing with very large crowds. You would have heard my lovely wife's voice telling you as such, or maybe checked the cool kid sites like maybe Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram? We hear they're all the rage for daily updates and cool photos. Our website is static, and we don't use it like for posting daily updates.
We've only mentioned yesterday's planned hours, and that we were only accepting Pre-Order customers for 6 weeks now. In case you are wondering, I also don't update my website when I run out of ribs or chicken on a daily basis either, but we're pretty good about updating social media...you know, because real time.
Maybe rather than trying to lower our rating by a Karen-like 1-Star review for your absence in checking to see our Holiday hours, you should lower yourself from a Level 7 Local Guide Expert, to possibly a Level 3 Plebe who will work on his ethics, and use his reviewing status of what it is intended for - the quality of the food at said visited restaurant. You realize that by trying to push us down, you don't elevate yourself - right? That's not how it works.
Happy Thanksgiving

Some folks mouths, flat out runs their minds.
Re: 407 bbq [Re: BThomas] #14279824 02/09/22 09:53 PM
Y
YEE_YEE Online Confused
TFF Celebrity
Online Confused
TFF Celebrity
Y
Originally Posted by BThomas
Originally Posted by YEE_YEE
To far from Dang...

I know... I just buy his seasoning and cook my own brisket. smile

Rockwall not to far tho bolt

Re: 407 bbq [Re: RipDaLips] #14279841 02/09/22 10:12 PM
R
Resh Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
Originally Posted by RipDaLips

Very disappointed today. I drove here to try 407 BBQ just to be greeted at the door saying that it was pick orders only today and that they were not serving. I had checked the web site before leaving home to make sure that they were open and what time they opened. There was nothing on their web site about not serving today. I wasted my time and gas and did not get any BBQ. Not a great way to build a customer base.

Steven, we don't update our website with every "off schedule" event. We do however update our customers with this new fangled thing people call "social media", pretty much the same thing you're using here. One would think being a "Level 7" restaurant expert as yourself, you might choose to possibly CALL a restaurant for hours around a Holiday, as many restaurants have irregular hours at these times, especially when dealing with very large crowds. You would have heard my lovely wife's voice telling you as such, or maybe checked the cool kid sites like maybe Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram? We hear they're all the rage for daily updates and cool photos. Our website is static, and we don't use it like for posting daily updates.
We've only mentioned yesterday's planned hours, and that we were only accepting Pre-Order customers for 6 weeks now. In case you are wondering, I also don't update my website when I run out of ribs or chicken on a daily basis either, but we're pretty good about updating social media...you know, because real time.
Maybe rather than trying to lower our rating by a Karen-like 1-Star review for your absence in checking to see our Holiday hours, you should lower yourself from a Level 7 Local Guide Expert, to possibly a Level 3 Plebe who will work on his ethics, and use his reviewing status of what it is intended for - the quality of the food at said visited restaurant. You realize that by trying to push us down, you don't elevate yourself - right? That's not how it works.
Happy Thanksgiving

That was the response? I guess when you make good bbq you can have an asshat attitude and people still come for the food. What a jackwagon

There are no fish in sonic pond EDIT: Except 1 20lb catfish
Re: 407 bbq [Re: Resh] #14279858 02/09/22 10:29 PM
RipDaLips Offline
Old n Crusty
Old n Crusty
Wow! I can assure you, the reply was all in good humor. And don't believe all you read on the inner webs, as there could just be more to the story. noidea

Some folks mouths, flat out runs their minds.
Re: 407 bbq [Re: jwcromer] #14279860 02/09/22 10:30 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Big T-Man ain’t out here to make friends, he’s out here to make BBQ!

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: 407 bbq [Re: jwcromer] #14279873 02/09/22 10:36 PM
cocodrie Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I'm sure he would legitimately be concerned should you have a bad meal, or terrible service, but the google review trolls are everywhere. We get them all the time as well, people that have never even set foot on our property.

Re: 407 bbq [Re: jwcromer] #14279883 02/09/22 10:40 PM
Y
YEE_YEE Online Confused
TFF Celebrity
Online Confused
TFF Celebrity
Y
That's why I don't decide anything based off reviews but I know people that only go places based on reviews

Re: 407 bbq [Re: Resh] #14279913 02/09/22 11:08 PM
Tritonman Online Happy
Super Freak
Online Happy
Super Freak
Originally Posted by Resh

Happy Thanksgiving

That was the response? I guess when you make good bbq you can have an asshat attitude and people still come for the food. What a jackwagon

You think I'm a jackwagon about that, you should see what happens when people diss me on TFF. Come out and have a plate, then let's talk about jackwagon, I'm sure you'll see it's quite the contrary.

[Linked Image]
Re: 407 bbq [Re: jwcromer] #14279917 02/09/22 11:14 PM
TexDawg Online Content
Top Dawg
Online Content
Top Dawg
I will get there someday

Re: 407 bbq [Re: TexDawg] #14279931 02/09/22 11:24 PM
Tritonman Online Happy
Super Freak
Online Happy
Super Freak
Originally Posted by TexDawg
I will get there someday

You're retirement dinner is on me sir. Well deserved might I add.

[Linked Image]
Re: 407 bbq [Re: Tritonman] #14279976 02/10/22 12:04 AM
H
HasBen Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
H
Originally Posted by Tritonman
Originally Posted by TexDawg
I will get there someday

You're retirement dinner is on me sir. Well deserved might I add.

Do you sell any of your seasonings or sauces online for us out of towers. I understand why you might not, but thought I would check. Your business story has been fun to follow.

"Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness."-Mark Twain
Re: 407 bbq [Re: Tritonman] #14279982 02/10/22 12:17 AM
Caymas Cx 21 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Tritonman
Originally Posted by Resh

Happy Thanksgiving

You think I'm a jackwagon about that, you should see what happens when people diss me on TFF. Come out and have a plate, then let's talk about jackwagon, I'm sure you'll see it's quite the contrary.

Sounds inviting!

Re: 407 bbq [Re: Tritonman] #14279985 02/10/22 12:21 AM
R
Resh Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
[/quote]

Must be a tff insider thing, I’ve had your plate and it was fantastic, recommended many people that live closer that way. Fried brussels are the best side I’ve had at a bbq place. If ya didn’t know who left that review and responded like that, I can’t get on board. Should’ve known better in the OT though.

There are no fish in sonic pond EDIT: Except 1 20lb catfish
Re: 407 bbq [Re: jwcromer] #14279991 02/10/22 12:27 AM
B
Beer Money Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
No matter what people say, the customer is NOT always right.

Re: 407 bbq [Re: jwcromer] #14279992 02/10/22 12:29 AM
B
Beer Money Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
I would like to see how Wawi would have replied to that review.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide