Forums59
Topics1,039,218
Posts13,961,133
Members144,196
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: The lockdowns........more damage than good. [Re: WAWI] #14272714 02/03/22 05:21 AM
D
Duke 22 Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted by WAWI
Originally Posted by sprigsss
Everyone that still thinks this thing is a hoax or just a bad flu pandemic needs to.step back and be thankful they arent feeling it like many have.

Yes the govt overreacted and tried to take too much control, but it is very real and has been very serious. Healthy 30-40 year olds dont just die from the flu and i have watched several pass from COVID. They all shared the same common factor, unvaccinated.

In the beginning i thought this was just a big hoax,.completelty overblown, and was just gonna be another bird flu. I was wrong, and i learned the hard way.

If you havent felt it, just be thankful; dont dismiss the reality many families and friends are feeling.

The biggest factor is obesity. Look it up, and that's a choice

^^^
Correctomundo!

Re: The lockdowns........more damage than good. [Re: Razorback] #14272720 02/03/22 05:34 AM
P
patriot07 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by Razorback
The virus itself isn't a hoax. The reaction to it is ridiculous and destructive. Once Democrats and the media figured out it was hurting Trump they took it to the extreme. I believe now they are trying to keep the panic going to justify voting by mail.

We can't shut down the country and destroy the economy because 400,000 people per year die. People die by the millions in this country every year. There are between 330 million and 350 million of us. If we lived on average to 100 years old that means on average 3.3 million to 3.5 million would die. That's eight times as many as covid reportedly killed.

By your own math, if those numbers held up, the death rate each year would increase by around 12% and the average lifespan would decrease by the same amount. You think that warrants no action?

Saying this comes with the privilege of not having really been hurt by this. I lost a HS friend, another HS friend's dad, and my own dad. All dead from Covid.

They'd all be alive today if we extended lockdowns. All of our family's lives are forever changed. All 3 of them in good health prior to catching the virus.

I'm glad everyone got to go back to getting their starbucks, but let's not pretend to be so naive as to say that the reaction to the virus was overkill. It saved many lives and would have saved more if not for the combination of extreme arrogance and stupidity from so many pressuring the government to open things back up.

As someone who was directly impacted, I'd much rather see your gratitude that you weren't impacted than your insinuation that the attempt to save lives is useless.

You say that democrats used it to get Trump out of office. Well, republicans ignored it and cost lives to try to keep Trump in office. That's a fact. They're both terrible...

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: The lockdowns........more damage than good. [Re: Duke 22] #14272722 02/03/22 05:36 AM
P
patriot07 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by Duke 22
Originally Posted by sprigsss
Everyone that still thinks this thing is a hoax or just a bad flu pandemic needs to.step back and be thankful they arent feeling it like many have.

Yes the govt overreacted and tried to take too much control, but it is very real and has been very serious. Healthy 30-40 year olds dont just die from the flu and i have watched several pass from COVID. They all shared the same common factor, unvaccinated.

In the beginning i thought this was just a big hoax,.completelty overblown, and was just gonna be another bird flu. I was wrong, and i learned the hard way.

If you havent felt it, just be thankful; dont dismiss the reality many families and friends are feeling.

The biggest factor is obesity. Look it up, and that's a choice

^^^
Correctomundo!

I know 3 people who died. None obese. But even so, obese people deserve to die and are less worth taking action for? The rationale used to justify more death is getting pretty thin...

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: The lockdowns........more damage than good. [Re: patriot07] #14272733 02/03/22 05:48 AM
Barrett Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by patriot07
The virus itself isn't a hoax. The reaction to it is ridiculous and destructive. Once Democrats and the media figured out it was hurting Trump they took it to the extreme. I believe now they are trying to keep the panic going to justify voting by mail.

We can't shut down the country and destroy the economy because 400,000 people per year die. People die by the millions in this country every year. There are between 330 million and 350 million of us. If we lived on average to 100 years old that means on average 3.3 million to 3.5 million would die. That's eight times as many as covid reportedly killed.

By your own math, if those numbers held up, the death rate each year would increase by around 12% and the average lifespan would decrease by the same amount. You think that warrants no action?

Saying this comes with the privilege of not having really been hurt by this. I lost a HS friend, another HS friend's dad, and my own dad. All dead from Covid.

They'd all be alive today if we extended lockdowns. All of our family's lives are forever changed. All 3 of them in good health prior to catching the virus.

I'm glad everyone got to go back to getting their starbucks, but let's not pretend to be so naive as to say that the reaction to the virus was overkill. It saved many lives and would have saved more if not for the combination of extreme arrogance and stupidity from so many pressuring the government to open things back up.

As someone who was directly impacted, I'd much rather see your gratitude that you weren't impacted than your insinuation that the attempt to save lives is useless.

You say that democrats used it to get Trump out of office. Well, republicans ignored it and cost lives to try to keep Trump in office. That's a fact. They're both terrible...

Nobody ever forced anybody to leave their home. I’m super sorry for your losses but I don’t understand why people need the government to make personal decisions for themselves.

Re: The lockdowns........more damage than good. [Re: WAWI] #14272739 02/03/22 05:54 AM
Bee'z Offline
honey boo boo
honey boo boo
I believe I declared this was a hoax in the beginning

Yes, and it had been proven to be true. I think I was one that same train for the record lol.

[Linked Image]
Re: The lockdowns........more damage than good. [Re: Tiltman] #14272743 02/03/22 06:01 AM
R
Razorback Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
I don't know that it is worthwhile for me to try to discuss this with someone who is upset because we weren't locked down longer. Our views of what America is and ought to be are too far apart.

For what it's worth I think everyone should have the right to wear four masks and never leave his home if he is concerned about the virus. Considering I am not going to force my way into anyone's house the only way he is going to be "exposed" to me is if we are both out in public. Given that, how can anyone blame me or anyone else for giving him covid? Was I supposed to stay home but not him?

How does that work?

Re: The lockdowns........more damage than good. [Re: Razorback] #14272835 02/03/22 12:58 PM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I don't know that it is worthwhile for me to try to discuss this with someone who is upset because we weren't locked down longer. Our views of what America is and ought to be are too far apart.

For what it's worth I think everyone should have the right to wear four masks and never leave his home if he is concerned about the virus. Considering I am not going to force my way into anyone's house the only way he is going to be "exposed" to me is if we are both out in public. Given that, how can anyone blame me or anyone else for giving him covid? Was I supposed to stay home but not him?

How does that work?

you just describe the liberal mind set. You have to mask up and get a shot to protect me. it's all about them

Re: The lockdowns........more damage than good. [Re: Barrett] #14272917 02/03/22 02:06 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Barrett

Nobody ever forced anybody to leave their home. I’m super sorry for your losses but I don’t understand why people need the government to make personal decisions for themselves.

You’re wasting your time with that one, he went to work while having Covid and was bragging about “not being all that sick because he was vaccinated”.

Re: The lockdowns........more damage than good. [Re: grout-scout] #14273933 02/04/22 01:28 AM
Barrett Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Originally Posted by Barrett

You’re wasting your time with that one, he went to work while having Covid and was bragging about “not being all that sick because he was vaccinated”.

Figure more to it.

Re: The lockdowns........more damage than good. [Re: patriot07] #14273958 02/04/22 01:47 AM
G
grandbassslayer Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by patriot07

They'd all be alive today if we extended lockdowns.. ..

You have no way of knowing they’d still be alive- zero way to prove that. Lockdowns have been proven not to work- say we lockdown for another few months, well
Covid ain’t going anywhere so it’s going to spread when the lockdown was lifted eventually. Lockdown long enough and society would fall apart- mental illness, crime from poverty, societal breakdown, etc. we can’t all live in caves and ride this out for 20 years- which wouldn’t matter Covid would spread in 20 years. Sorry for your loss, I know people that died as well- death is certain for all of us, that’s the only thing we know is guaranteed.

Last edited by grandbassslayer; 02/04/22 01:48 AM.
Re: The lockdowns........more damage than good. [Re: Tiltman] #14274748 02/04/22 07:10 PM
CaptainCrunch Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Does anyone find it a little odd that this finding doesn't make a lot of sense? Highly transmissible disease, but keeping people apart has no effect on it's spread? How does that work?

Re: The lockdowns........more damage than good. [Re: CaptainCrunch] #14274765 02/04/22 07:27 PM
John175☮ Offline
MACHO MAN
MACHO MAN
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch
Does anyone find it a little odd that this finding doesn't make a lot of sense? Highly transmissible disease, but keeping people apart has no effect on it's spread? How does that work?

Because initially they counted COVID deaths with a very wide definition of COVID death. If you would have lived longer had you not gotten COVID you would have been listed as died from COVID. This lumped in massive numbers of people who died of preexisting terminal illnesses into the COVID deaths. That in turn distorted the USA death rate from COVID into the highest in the world. Didn't help that they gave hospitals a financial incentive to list it as a COVID death...but hey hospital administrators probably got massive bonuses.

Now that Trump is out they have changed the definition of COVID hospitalizations to Died "With" COVID and died "From" COVID and I believe they need to go back and use global death rates to align our Pre-Biden death rates with what they actually are and not the inflated numbers they posted in 2020. Until they do that they are just jerking us around and shaping the story how Joe Biden saved us.

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide