Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Disabled Parking Pass #14259949 01/23/22 04:38 PM
Pilothawk Offline OP
Pumpkin Head
OP Offline
Pumpkin Head

My sister had surgery on her right ankle about six weeks ago. Had a bone larger than a grape removed. It was an extra…

She is recovering well, but still cannot walk great distances. She asked for an extension for her disabled parking pass…the clerk asked no question, just stamped it good until 2028.

My brother in law acts as though he hit the jackpot. He asks to take her car everywhere because he uses the handicap spots.

I am not comfortable with doing this. I just picture some poor soul with a bona fide disability having to park in the hinterland lands because Bil took their spot.

Just me?

KANSAS JAYHAWK BASKETBALL - Where tradition comes from [Linked Image]
2008 NATIONAL BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS-ORANGE BOWL CHAMPIONS 2008
52 Conf Champs /5 Nat'l Champs
Re: Disabled Parking Pass [Re: Pilothawk] #14259962 01/23/22 04:45 PM
C
CKINCAID Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
C
See it all the time. I sit and watch outside while my wife does the shopping. If you're handicap I'm thinking you probably don't just hop out your big lifted truck or jeep and walk over grab a cart and head on in with 0 walking issues. Probably paying with EBT also.

FJB
If life isn't going right...Go left
Re: Disabled Parking Pass [Re: Pilothawk] #14259964 01/23/22 04:47 PM
D
Dave-0 Online Content
DYSON
Online Content
DYSON
D
Would have to agree with ya, Hawk.

Had an ex that had a fake placard and she would use it when ever she could. She wasn't right in the head though. I would see it as a sign of laziness. Unless I was severely disabled, I wouldn't use one even if I did have a placard.

Laws won't fix a sin problem. What this world needs is a revival, change of the heart. ~The Skipper

Age is a number. Old is a lifestyle.
Re: Disabled Parking Pass [Re: Pilothawk] #14259972 01/23/22 04:56 PM
R
RBDavis3591 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
Originally Posted by Pilothawk
My sister had surgery on her right ankle about six weeks ago. Had a bone larger than a grape removed. It was an extra… She is recovering well, but still cannot walk great distances. She asked for an extension for her disabled parking pass…the clerk asked no question, just stamped it good until 2028. My brother in law acts as though he hit the jackpot. He asks to take her car everywhere because he uses the handicap spots. I am not comfortable with doing this. I just picture some poor soul with a bona fide disability having to park in the hinterland lands because Bil took their spot. Just me?

Most states have similar laws that Texas has and some states will confiscate the disabled parking pass if abused.

NOTE: A parking placard or plate is ONLY valid when being used by the person with the disability or someone who is driving the person with the disability.

It is a violation of state law to use the placard or plates for a disabled parking spot without the person with the disability in the vehicle. People who misuse disabled parking placards are subject to fines of up to $1,250 and/or up to 50 hours of community service.

Re: Disabled Parking Pass [Re: Pilothawk] #14259987 01/23/22 05:05 PM
J
JIM SR. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
break his leg,...then it's ok. But not until 2028. realmad

Re: Disabled Parking Pass [Re: Pilothawk] #14260013 01/23/22 05:14 PM
T
Tsunami_1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T

My sister had surgery on her right ankle about six weeks ago. Had a bone larger than a grape removed. It was an extra…

She is recovering well, but still cannot walk great distances. She asked for an extension for her disabled parking pass…the clerk asked no question, just stamped it good until 2028.

My brother in law acts as though he hit the jackpot. He asks to take her car everywhere because he uses the handicap spots.

I am not comfortable with doing this. I just picture some poor soul with a bona fide disability having to park in the hinterland lands because Bil took their spot.

Just me?

No, I wouldn't think just you. It amazes me daily what one's conscience will allow them to do.

Re: Disabled Parking Pass [Re: Pilothawk] #14260015 01/23/22 05:14 PM
L
LoneStarSon Offline
Private Dancer
Private Dancer
L

Just me?

No, not just you. I had one for years because I had to walk with a cane and would often fall if I had to walk more than 10 feet. My back and hips were in such bad shape, I just couldn't do it. I tried to only use it when it rained, because I'd usually slip and fall within a few steps, or the 2 times I took my cousin to a Cowboys or Rangers game. So, unless I just felt like I just couldn't safely make the journey without ending up on my face, I'd just park somewhere else.

Re: Disabled Parking Pass [Re: Pilothawk] #14260022 01/23/22 05:19 PM
RedRanger Online Content
burro desagradable
Online Content
burro desagradable
In Texas only the "Disabled" person is allowed to use the handicap Placard.

They also put your first Four Digits of your Driver Licenses top of the placard, along with your initials of first and last name

Re: Disabled Parking Pass [Re: RedRanger] #14260066 01/23/22 05:49 PM
T
Tommar Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
Originally Posted by RedRanger

They also put your first Four Digits of your Driver Licenses top of the placard, along with your initials of first and last name

But what good does that do? Unless the cops are conducting a sting they still get away with it. You can’t confront them.

My wife has plates on her car and a placard she can use in other peoples cars. She left it in my truck for a month. Sure, I thought about using it a couple times but just couldn’t bring myself to be such an azzhat.

US Army and TXARNG 1984-2014
Gulf War 90-91
Iraq 2004-05
A'stan 2009
VFW Post Commander 2013-15
Re: Disabled Parking Pass [Re: Pilothawk] #14260070 01/23/22 05:52 PM
E
Emit R Detsaw Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E
Had the Texas handicap Placard and I think I only parked in the handicap spot a couple times. Even when the legs were bad enough that I had to use the cane I preferred to walk a bit more and let those more in need use them. Figured if I could walk around the store, I could walk a few more feet from a regular parking spot. Saw a lot of abuse where an able bodied person would jump out of their vehicle. I just couldn't be that person.

When I was working part time at an Academy in San Antonio, I did see a SAPD officer give out a few tickets to able bodied folks using handicap parking spaces. He was a good guy. He would sit out in the parking lot for 15 to 20 minutes before and after coming into the store, looking for violators that were speeding in the lot as well as parking in the handicap spaces. Expensive trip to the store for some.

May you be treated the way you treat other people, today and everyday!

Re: Disabled Parking Pass [Re: Tommar] #14260074 01/23/22 05:54 PM
RedRanger Online Content
burro desagradable
Online Content
burro desagradable
Originally Posted by Tommar
Originally Posted by RedRanger

But what good does that do? Unless the cops are conducting a sting they still get away with it. You can’t confront them.

My wife has plates on her car and a placard she can use in other peoples cars. She left it in my truck for a month. Sure, I thought about using it a couple times but just couldn’t bring myself to be such an azzhat.

Why would I confront them? I leave that up to the police or citizen on patrol cats to do that. What if a person forgot to put their placard on the dash or hang it from windshield it's not my place to play police.

What good is are you going to do about all the illegals who drive around the area with no Driver Licenses?

Re: Disabled Parking Pass [Re: Pilothawk] #14260075 01/23/22 05:55 PM
RedRanger Online Content
burro desagradable
Online Content
burro desagradable
Dallas would allow handicap to park at the parking meter and not pay, they stopped that a few year ago.

Re: Disabled Parking Pass [Re: Pilothawk] #14260083 01/23/22 06:01 PM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Hawk……..there are simply no rules in today’s society your B I L will simply clear his own shallow conscience by saying “so what everyone else does it” I am sure your BIL doesn’t pick up after his dog on walks either.

Hate people that are wired that way, but it’s an “oh well” kinda deal I have more important S to be concerned with.

Re: Disabled Parking Pass [Re: Tsunami_1] #14260093 01/23/22 06:08 PM
V-Bottom Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Tsunami_1

Just me?

No, I wouldn't think just you. It amazes me daily what one's conscience will allow them to do.

Most do not have a conscience....

Texas Anglers Recognition Program
TPWD Official Weigh Station,77563
Coastal Bend Weigh Team, Cert. Weigh Master
USMC66'- www.troutsupport.com

Re: Disabled Parking Pass [Re: Pilothawk] #14260107 01/23/22 06:21 PM
S
Scagnetti Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by CKINCAID
See it all the time. I sit and watch outside while my wife does the shopping. If you're handicap I'm thinking you probably don't just hop out your big lifted truck or jeep and walk over grab a cart and head on in with 0 walking issues. Probably paying with EBT also.

A lot of stupidity and ignorance in this statement ^^^

I have disabled license plates and jump out of my Lexus, grab a cart and go shopping. A dumbarse might assume I’m gaming the system but then they wouldn’t know I’M 100% BLIND IN ONE EYE and legally ENTITLED to disabled parking

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide