Page 44 of 44 1 2 42 43 44
Re: Official Cowboys 49ers thread [Re: Happykamper] #14253640 01/18/22 03:58 PM
D
Dan21XRS Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Happykamper
... You have an Elite QB, you will be in the play offs for most of his career if not all of it. Yes the Cowboys need some big nasty's on both sides of the ball, would not surprise me at all if Peyton ends up here, I think he and Jerry can get along fine, Peyton will just tell him to STFU lol.

Why would Peyton leave New Orleans??? He's already got his Dak in Jameis Winston???... He also got a better RB... Injuries derailed the Aint's this season... Plus you know Jerry isn't gonna take any lip from his head coach... Peyton's the coach and defacto GM, and he saw what happened when Jerry kneecapped Parcels first hand... Dan

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Re: Official Cowboys 49ers thread [Re: Dan21XRS] #14253652 01/18/22 04:03 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Dan21XRS
... You have an Elite QB, you will be in the play offs for most of his career if not all of it. Yes the Cowboys need some big nasty's on both sides of the ball, would not surprise me at all if Peyton ends up here, I think he and Jerry can get along fine, Peyton will just tell him to STFU lol.

Why would Peyton leave New Orleans??? He's already got his Dak in Jameis Winston???... He also got a better RB... Injuries derailed the Aint's this season... Plus you know Jerry isn't gonna take any lip from his head coach... Peyton's the coach and defacto GM, and he saw what happened when Jerry kneecapped Parcels first hand... Dan

thats why Jerry will have to mail him a blank check with a note that just says "Please"

It would really have to be worth it to peyton....plus, the guys basically a made man not only in New Orleans but with the saints franchise. they didnt bail on him at all when he went through his beef/suspension with Goddell

Re: Official Cowboys 49ers thread [Re: Barrett] #14253697 01/18/22 04:23 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
IMO Peyton is one of the 3 best coaches in the NFL. It would be a coup to get him here. I don't see it happening. I think we're stuck with Fat Mac for several more seasons.

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Official Cowboys 49ers thread [Re: bockscar] #14254400 01/19/22 01:12 AM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by bockscar

thats why Jerry will have to mail him a blank check with a note that just says "Please"

It would really have to be worth it to peyton....plus, the guys basically a made man not only in New Orleans but with the saints franchise. they didnt bail on him at all when he went through his beef/suspension with Goddell

Peyton loved it in Dallas, he bought a home right down the street from me a few years ago, i just knew they were going to hire him then, it may be a long shot but it certainly is not out of the question, will not be this year but after that all bets are off.

[Linked Image]
Re: Official Cowboys 49ers thread [Re: Barrett] #14254417 01/19/22 01:25 AM
M
MBradford Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Payton*

[Linked Image]
Re: Official Cowboys 49ers thread [Re: Happykamper] #14254425 01/19/22 01:30 AM
D
Dan21XRS Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
... Peyton loved it in Dallas, he bought a home right down the street from me a few years ago, i just knew they were going to hire him then, it may be a long shot but it certainly is not out of the question, will not be this year but after that all bets are off.

So he'll be somewhere around 60 years old you expect him to start all over again???... He has nothing to prove, he's done it all and will have a bust in Canton a few years after he retires... Stranger things have happened, but I see him eating crawfish étouffée, sipping a fine wine and maybe, just maybe, dabbling in broadcasting game before considering Jerry's World...

On a side note how are Jerry's kids? When it comes to taking over and asserting control once, God forbids passes the torch???... Mike Brown and Jerry seem to have the same business model, make money first and foremost, wins are nice but money is the end all be all. Mike Brown is still "owner/ GM" but he's passed the day to day to the kids who seem to realize they don't have all the answers and are relying on people outside the "family" to run the football side... Just wondering... Dan

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Re: Official Cowboys 49ers thread [Re: Dan21XRS] #14254460 01/19/22 01:53 AM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
... Peyton loved it in Dallas, he bought a home right down the street from me a few years ago, i just knew they were going to hire him then, it may be a long shot but it certainly is not out of the question, will not be this year but after that all bets are off.

So he'll be somewhere around 60 years old you expect him to start all over again???... He has nothing to prove, he's done it all and will have a bust in Canton a few years after he retires... Stranger things have happened, but I see him eating crawfish étouffée, sipping a fine wine and maybe, just maybe, dabbling in broadcasting game before considering Jerry's World...

On a side note how are Jerry's kids? When it comes to taking over and asserting control once, God forbids passes the torch???... Mike Brown and Jerry seem to have the same business model, make money first and foremost, wins are nice but money is the end all be all. Mike Brown is still "owner/ GM" but he's passed the day to day to the kids who seem to realize they don't have all the answers and are relying on people outside the "family" to run the football side... Just wondering... Dan

Hall of fame ? He has 1 SB win, he needs another one, I think Dallas would be the perfect fit for him.

[Linked Image]
Re: Official Cowboys 49ers thread [Re: Barrett] #14254498 01/19/22 02:21 AM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
He's under contract until 2026....He's not coming to Dallas and these [censored] up theories are probably noise from his own people....it's a fake news times 10

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: Official Cowboys 49ers thread [Re: Happykamper] #14254516 01/19/22 02:33 AM
Allison1 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

Hall of fame ? He has 1 SB win, he needs another one, I think Dallas would be the perfect fit for him.

Dallas and their 4 playoff wins in the last 25 years is a good fit?
If he could win two playoff games in consecutive years he would have a modern day record for the boys.

But Superbowl?

Re: Official Cowboys 49ers thread [Re: Barrett] #14254542 01/19/22 02:44 AM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
Dallas is going to lose 4 or 5 starters and 4 or 5 depth pieces in free agency......9-8 will be a good record unless this past draft class and the upcoming draft are equally stellar......McClay is a wizard so I guess we'll see.....Dakota is not going to have more talent around him so......yeah

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: Official Cowboys 49ers thread [Re: Barrett] #14254545 01/19/22 02:45 AM
D
Dogfish_Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
I think Dallas has a good chance to win their division next year, only the Eagles are good enough to finish 9-8, which properly won’t happen. Dallas may win it with a 8-9 record.

2020 Nitro Z20, Mercury 250xp 4 stroke
"Sometimes I have to remind myself that it is called Fishing and not catching"
Re: Official Cowboys 49ers thread [Re: Dan21XRS] #14254591 01/19/22 03:29 AM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B

Dallas is still THAT franchise even though they cant win a playoff game, thats the truth. I think any coach would take the job just to say they restored glory to America's team! the next human being, whoever the hell it is, that brings a championship to the Cowboys will be instantly GOATed and never have to pay for a beer anywhere they go in the United States! I think payton would take the job if they juiced it to hell for him....because he'd know jerry will pay for and bring the guys he wants if that coaching situation was to happen. Definitely a long shot because NO giving up on Payton would pretty much guarantee them being bottom of the barrel for a few years at best.

I have more faith that the kids will do whats needed to win. Theyre figureheads now and Jerry's the alpha....i can see them being the figureheads and letting smarter people than them do what they are good at once they fully take over. What sucks is the solution is right there....but Jerry just wont do it, wont hire a damn GM or GM/Coach type like Payton

Re: Official Cowboys 49ers thread [Re: Happykamper] #14254594 01/19/22 03:29 AM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B

yup and if he was to win one for the cowboys INSTA GOAT!!!

Re: Official Cowboys 49ers thread [Re: bockscar] #14254648 01/19/22 04:51 AM
K
karpbuster Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
Hey Cowboy fans, I am not 100% sure but this year was an improvement on last year ... was it not? The Cowboy team is loaded with talent but they had too many penalties. I have been very familiar with disappointment being a Packer fan, it took 30 years from Super Bowl II to get a Super Bowl in 1996, I think.

As the #3 seed if you had won you would play Bucs in Tampa Bay, I would root for the Cowboys over the Bucs. I thought it would be cool to have a Packer/Cowboy NFC Championship, with McCarthy on the other sideline. Ice Bowl II would be really neat. Maybe next year, maybe never. Rodgers may retire and no playoffs for the Pack. Davante Adams is a free agent next year, things change. Who knows, the Cowboys have a bright future, and they have 5 or 6 Super Bowls ... correct? Packers have 4. You have been very blessed in Dallas Cowboy land. That final play was a major goof, it really sucks to have a great season come down to that, but really less penalties/mistakes by the whole team (players and coaches) is something to improve on, pretty amazing to be in a position to win games with all the penalties, the Cowboys played their heart out. That said, better luck next year ...

Go Pack Go!

"Love is something more stern and splendid than mere kindness."

"All that we call human history--money, poverty, ambition, war, prostitution, classes, empires, slavery--[is] the long terrible story of man trying to find something other than God which will make him happy." � C.S. Lewis

C.S. Lewis
Page 44 of 44 1 2 42 43 44
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide