Forums59
Topics1,039,208
Posts13,960,994
Members144,196
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: It Un-American to have the NATIONAL championship game on pay TV! [Re: patriot07] #14245784 01/11/22 02:45 PM
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by patriot07
I thought it was really boring to watch to be honest. Mostly defense the whole first half. I didn't think either team had a really standout player that you know will be a stud in the NFL like most championship teams have.

Still think 2005 with Vince, Leinart, and Reggie was the best championship game I've ever seen.

There are a pile of studs on both teams that will do great in the nfl. You do know they have defensive players and lineman in the nfl right? Last night was big boy ball not pass happy bs that looks like basketball.

Re: It Un-American to have the NATIONAL championship game on pay TV! [Re: WAWI] #14245792 01/11/22 02:52 PM
P
patriot07 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by WAWI
I thought it was really boring to watch to be honest. Mostly defense the whole first half. I didn't think either team had a really standout player that you know will be a stud in the NFL like most championship teams have.

Still think 2005 with Vince, Leinart, and Reggie was the best championship game I've ever seen.

There are a pile of studs on both teams that will do great in the nfl. You do know they have defensive players and lineman in the nfl right? Last night was big boy ball not pass happy bs that looks like basketball.

Yeah I was going to say my comment was mostly relegated to offense. Having not seen these teams all year, it was tough to differentiate between the excessive talent on defense and the lack of talent on offense. I wanted to see some offensive back and forth. This is college football - I don't want to see a bunch of field goals. And typically in college, the best offense wins out. But neither team could pass block very well and it kind of diluted the whole game. I mean I know they were talented but numerous times there were just rushers running completely free or barely touched.

Just didn't find the game particularly interesting when neither team could get in the end zone for pretty much the whole first half. It was like watching soccer.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: It Un-American to have the NATIONAL championship game on pay TV! [Re: Duck_Hunter] #14245804 01/11/22 02:57 PM
B
bockscar Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
I was shocked it wasn’t on ABC even though I have ESPN. Coulda sworn it’s usually on ABC.

Thats what I thought I remembered too! I thought main game was on ABC, and then the rest of the more specialized broadcasts with different commentators were on the cable channels. Oh well....my morning is fine even though missed it! LOL

College football just isnt the same...and thats a bummer because it should be better now with the playoff. Theres definitely been good games here and there....but I swear when I was in high school and college (pre 2010) you could sit your [censored] down at 10am and be on the edge of your seat most of the day! Even the games out of the top 25 were good and just seemed like the kids were all competing more. College football is basically the have vs have nots....and the division consolidations kinda proves that out. Teams cant make it to the big dance, so theyll jump ship to join the big boy division just to stay relavent.

2005 was peak. That game WAS college football!

Originally Posted by 921 Phoenix

this was a really good game and yes I got to see that game.

I'm sure true college fans loved it. From an outsider standpoint who didn't know players on either team, the talent and overall star power seemed extremely watered down.

I didnt follow enough to cite specific examples....but with all the kids sitting out the bowl games, just takes away from it too. Definitely a different game now than it was in 2005....and i feel like the product overall has suffered....in my opinion! LOL

Originally Posted by 1ShotNoKills
Originally Posted by 921 Phoenix

this was a really good game and yes I got to see that game.

I'm sure true college fans loved it. From an outsider standpoint who didn't know players on either team, the talent and overall star power seemed extremely watered down.

If the 2 best teams in the nation's talent and overall star power seemed watered down to you then I'd hate to watch any other games from the 124 teams in the FBS.

Yup. and yea, its always been like this....but aside from Prime taking the #1 recruit, all the top talent is funneled into a handful of schools. Probably why you dont see the appalachian state beating michigan upsets anymore

Originally Posted by Don Collum
Originally Posted by bockscar
OK....i guess this is the one time having no Live Tv sucks! LOL

Why the hell isnt this thing on ABC?! Eliminating lots of viewers on damn money grab by just airing it on ESPN!

Have not had cable since March 2012 and it has been a few years that NCAA playoffs and championships have not been televised on national
channels.

Its kinda like you have to get the vaccine to fly on airlines, well you gotta pay an extra fee to witness fed and state funded competitions.

Its [censored]!!!! BS in case it auto censors me! LOL

Alabama’s stud WR got hurt in the first half making a nice catch on a deep ball. Early guesses by sports doctors, like Pro Football Doc on twitter were that he tore his ACL and MCL on the play. A lot of people commented that the turf looked terrible early in the game and after he made the catch and turned to run, it looked like his knee buckled and his cleat got caught in the turf.

After I seen Willis McGahee make it back....i trust the kid will be ok as long as he has the will power and goes to a good doctor! its nuts how far sports medicine has come! They say that drew brees was BETTER after the surgery he had way back when....hell Ive even heard stories of overbearing parents trying to get their kid Tommy John surgery because supposedly post surgery lots of arms are stronger!!! pretty nuts to think about

Re: It Un-American to have the NATIONAL championship game on pay TV! [Re: bockscar] #14245807 01/11/22 02:59 PM
P
PondFish Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
P

Why the hell isnt this thing on ABC?! Eliminating lots of viewers on damn money grab by just airing it on ESPN!

Just like everything else...broadcast went to the highest bidder.

Re: It Un-American to have the NATIONAL championship game on pay TV! [Re: patriot07] #14245816 01/11/22 03:06 PM
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
W

Yeah I was going to say my comment was mostly relegated to offense. Having not seen these teams all year, it was tough to differentiate between the excessive talent on defense and the lack of talent on offense. I wanted to see some offensive back and forth. This is college football - I don't want to see a bunch of field goals. And typically in college, the best offense wins out. But neither team could pass block very well and it kind of diluted the whole game. I mean I know they were talented but numerous times there were just rushers running completely free or barely touched.

Just didn't find the game particularly interesting when neither team could get in the end zone for pretty much the whole first half. It was like watching soccer.

Bama had 2 great receivers out, that allowed georgia to keep that rb of Bama in check. The linebackers and ends for both teams were all over the qbs. At the championship level that's what it now looks like. Kirby built that team to compete with bama and clearly he did. Bama receivers cost them the game with drops.

Last edited by WAWI; 01/11/22 03:06 PM.
Re: It Un-American to have the NATIONAL championship game on pay TV! [Re: bockscar] #14245834 01/11/22 03:15 PM
JJ4MEL Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
#31 on Bama defense was a beast.
#99 for Georgia played both sides of the ball for a bit. He is like 6'7 and will draft really well.

Re: It Un-American to have the NATIONAL championship game on pay TV! [Re: patriot07] #14245844 01/11/22 03:20 PM
F
Flip Flop Fisher Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F

who were the studs in the NFL that played in that (USC-Texas) game? the 3 you named had subpar careers at best

This game was packed with future NFL stars. Probably 6-10 players playing will go in the 1st round of the NFL draft next year, not to mention in the future

Re: It Un-American to have the NATIONAL championship game on pay TV! [Re: Flip Flop Fisher] #14245854 01/11/22 03:24 PM
B
bockscar Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Flip Flop Fisher

who were the studs in the NFL that played in that (USC-Texas) game? the 3 you named had subpar careers at best

This game was packed with future NFL stars. Probably 6-10 players playing will go in the 1st round of the NFL draft next year, not to mention in the future

Lots of NFL symbols in there

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/texas/2005-roster.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/southern-california/2005-roster.html

Re: It Un-American to have the NATIONAL championship game on pay TV! [Re: Flip Flop Fisher] #14245857 01/11/22 03:26 PM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

Reggie had a pretty good career in the NFL. He did pretty well in NO.

I will also say the game he is talking about was probably a better game to watch. He was only talking about one game in comparison.
You are right a ton of talent last night most of Georgia’s defense will get drafted and most will play on Sundays

Re: It Un-American to have the NATIONAL championship game on pay TV! [Re: bockscar] #14245861 01/11/22 03:29 PM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

Lots of NFL symbols in there

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/texas/2005-roster.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/southern-california/2005-roster.html

A lot of big name stars for the NFL for sure

Re: It Un-American to have the NATIONAL championship game on pay TV! [Re: PondFish] #14245931 01/11/22 04:25 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by PondFish

ABC and ESPN are the same. When ABC has major games, it’s ESPN announcers on the broadcast. In the past, when ESPN has the broadcast rights, it’s been shown on ABC. The highest bidder, in this case, was ESPN/ABC (both owned by Disney).

[Linked Image]
Re: It Un-American to have the NATIONAL championship game on pay TV! [Re: Duck_Hunter] #14246109 01/11/22 07:43 PM
Notaguide Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler

ABC and ESPN are the same. When ABC has major games, it’s ESPN announcers on the broadcast. In the past, when ESPN has the broadcast rights, it’s been shown on ABC. The highest bidder, in this case, was ESPN/ABC (both owned by Disney).

Quite right. It's nothing more than a ploy to get you to subscribe and pay

Re: It Un-American to have the NATIONAL championship game on pay TV! [Re: Notaguide] #14246119 01/11/22 07:56 PM
B
bockscar Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Notaguide

100%

not gonna do it!

Re: It Un-American to have the NATIONAL championship game on pay TV! [Re: Notaguide] #14246246 01/11/22 10:25 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Notaguide

Pretty sure you could’ve streamed the game for free somehow on a phone or tablet.

[Linked Image]
Re: It Un-American to have the NATIONAL championship game on pay TV! [Re: WAWI] #14246329 01/12/22 12:18 AM
P
patriot07 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P

Bama had 2 great receivers out, that allowed georgia to keep that rb of Bama in check. The linebackers and ends for both teams were all over the qbs. At the championship level that's what it now looks like. Kirby built that team to compete with bama and clearly he did. Bama receivers cost them the game with drops.

Yeah I think the drops is really what made it uninteresting. GA wasn't getting to Bama's QB the same way Bama was getting to GA's. But Bama's WR's couldn't hold onto the ball and GA's O-line couldn't pass block. It's one thing to get run over by a stud D-linemen, but GA's line kept letting guys run free at the QB. Nuts to be uncoordinated in a championship game you had weeks to prep for. I guess part of that is Saban, but blocking isn't rocket science.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide