Re: Petition for squaw creek [Re: Txduckhunter] #14239508 01/04/22 10:53 PM
361V Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Txduckhunter
Originally Posted by RedRanger
Originally Posted by jiggmann
Only private when it benefits there agenda

So true, This lake is as private as the come, just like camelot bell except the entrance fee is much cheaper

"Typically, the small natural lakes in Texas are held to be non-navigable, and therefore subject to private ownership and control. ... The public has no right to boat, fish, or hunt in or on the waters of private lakes, and hunting or fishing without landowner consent is a crime"

I bet if you snook in there and started fishing, they would call the popo on you

True story...
Years ago, I might have gotten out of the boat to go fight a bear way back in a creek. When we pulled out, there was a nice ranger that met us and told us "not again"...
Another true story: I live real close to Squaw. Get a call at work(On shift @ Arlington Fire Department) one day years ago from my 15 year old son. Him and a friend were wade bass fishing Squaw Creek(the actual creek) below the dam. Working upstream catching small bass they come to a fence across the creek. I’m sure their young minds thought process was “the big uns must be up there or there wouldn’t be a fence stopping us from going further”, right? Our conversation starts with: “dad remember when you said on our canoe trips that it was illegal to block traffic on navigable waters”? “We stayed in the water”! “Yes son but the Nuclear Regulatory Commission under the guise of Homeland Security trumps any stories I told you”. 🤷🏻‍♂️That property has eyes everywhere and is watched carefully by security. Cameras, towers…Well they were close to the base of the dam when they met plant/NRC security and then Somervell County sheriff who kept them until their parents came and got them. Lots of things my teenage sons could have gotten in trouble way worse for than fishing right? I acted mad and never let them see my smile. 😁🙄

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Petition for squaw creek [Re: 361V] #14239588 01/05/22 12:06 AM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by 361V
Originally Posted by RedRanger
Originally Posted by jiggmann
Only private when it benefits there agenda

So true, This lake is as private as the come, just like camelot bell except the entrance fee is much cheaper

"Typically, the small natural lakes in Texas are held to be non-navigable, and therefore subject to private ownership and control. ... The public has no right to boat, fish, or hunt in or on the waters of private lakes, and hunting or fishing without landowner consent is a crime"

I bet if you snook in there and started fishing, they would call the popo on you

True story...
Years ago, I might have gotten out of the boat to go fight a bear way back in a creek. When we pulled out, there was a nice ranger that met us and told us "not again"...
Another true story: I live real close to Squaw. Get a call at work(On shift @ Arlington Fire Department) one day years ago from my 15 year old son. Him and a friend were wade bass fishing Squaw Creek(the actual creek) below the dam. Working upstream catching small bass they come to a fence across the creek. I’m sure their young minds thought process was “the big uns must be up there or there wouldn’t be a fence stopping us from going further”, right? Our conversation starts with: “dad remember when you said on our canoe trips that it was illegal to block traffic on navigable waters”? “We stayed in the water”! “Yes son but the Nuclear Regulatory Commission under the guise of Homeland Security trumps any stories I told you”. 🤷🏻‍♂️That property has eyes everywhere and is watched carefully by security. Cameras, towers…Well they were close to the base of the dam when they met plant/NRC security and then Somervell County sheriff who kept them until their parents came and got them. Lots of things my teenage sons could have gotten in trouble way worse for than fishing right? I acted mad and never let them see my smile. 😁🙄

So how was the fishing behind the fence?

#MFGA
Re: Petition for squaw creek [Re: Douglas J] #14239683 01/05/22 01:21 AM
361V Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Douglas J
Originally Posted by 361V

True story...

So how was the fishing behind the fence?
[/quote]
No greener on the other side. That creek is full of typical small river bass.

Re: Petition for squaw creek [Re: barryfish] #14239865 01/05/22 05:56 AM
Bee'z Offline
honey boo boo
honey boo boo
I know WAWI so if yall want to donate that badly and hate money go for it. I see no reason for closing it popcorn

[Linked Image]
Re: Petition for squaw creek [Re: barryfish] #14240019 01/05/22 01:51 PM
9094 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Me and a couple of buddies fished Squaw Creek for a couple years before they opened the park while they were building the plant. It was incredible fishing and when you heard the GW boat you could hide in the green bushes in shallow water. We carried scanoes down a drainage to get there. Got caught twice. First time warning second time 300.00. That stopped us cold, 300.00 dollars was a month wages for us kids.

As far as opening it back up, Luminent/B&R built the lake solely to cool the plant and could care less about any money the park generates or if the public has access. In truth the security branch for Luminent would prefer that it not be open to the public.

Re: Petition for squaw creek [Re: 9094] #14240021 01/05/22 01:53 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by 9094
Me and a couple of buddies fished Squaw Creek for a couple years before they opened the park while they were building the plant. It was incredible fishing and when you heard the GW boat you could hide in the green bushes in shallow water. We carried scanoes down a drainage to get there. Got caught twice. First time warning second time 300.00. That stopped us cold, 300.00 dollars was a month wages for us kids.

As far as opening it back up, Luminent/B&R built the lake solely to cool the plant and could care less about any money the park generates or if the public has access. In truth the security branch for Luminent would prefer that it not be open to the public.

Yeh. Because so many boat owners have tried to sabotage the plant! roflmao

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Petition for squaw creek [Re: Bee'z] #14240024 01/05/22 01:55 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by 2 Bee'z
I know WAWI so if yall want to donate that badly and hate money go for it. I see no reason for closing it popcorn

I’d rather he learn to fish another lake. roflmao bolt

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Petition for squaw creek [Re: barryfish] #14240126 01/05/22 03:16 PM
N
needmofish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
N
In truth the security branch for Luminant would prefer that it not be open to the public. This is not true.

Re: Petition for squaw creek [Re: barryfish] #14240195 01/05/22 04:21 PM
C
coachallentca Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
It is the Big Wigs in Dallas who make those decisions to open it up or not.. When I worked there back in the 90's ( I worked in Dallas not the plant) the decision makers did not care anything but making money.. I doubt any of them care about keeping the lake open for fishing..

Re: Petition for squaw creek [Re: barryfish] #14240229 01/05/22 04:56 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I thought there was something in the permitting that said they had to give access to the lake?

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: Petition for squaw creek [Re: 9094] #14240233 01/05/22 05:03 PM
B
Barbers Tree Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by 9094

Me and my dad also fished Squaw before it was open. We carried fishing inner tubes down to the water. It was fantastic and caught lots of fish until we finally got caught by the GW. no fine just a promise for a citation next time we got caught.

Re: Petition for squaw creek [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14240471 01/05/22 08:45 PM
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Why so I can burn gas chasing entry fees back.....

Re: Petition for squaw creek [Re: WAWI] #14240632 01/05/22 11:57 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by WAWI

Of course. Then you can be like the rest of us.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Petition for squaw creek [Re: WAWI] #14241799 01/07/22 02:44 AM
Fish Killer Offline
Big Sexy
Big Sexy
Originally Posted by WAWI

Well i guess that kinda technically true.... I think the last tournament you fished out there, I had to pick you up off the boat so you could make weigh in. And then we had to go tow the boat back to the ramp.

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum

You want to make a difference in life? Take a kid fishing!
Re: Petition for squaw creek [Re: barryfish] #14241850 01/07/22 04:17 AM
_
__TX__ Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
_
i have a lot of fond memories of going out there with my dad in the late 80s? early 90s? One time, a guy was backing a really nice boat down the ramp and his buddy was in the boat ready to back it off the trailer... well, they didn't make it to the water before the boat slid off the trailer and onto the concrete. dude just sat there behind the console of that boat and turned red as a beet.

i also remember getting visited by the game warden every time we went (or dang near it).

i'd just like to go out there one last time and take my dad and my son and and catch the [censored] out of medium sized bass for old time sake.

2001 TRACKER V-18 TOURNAMENT
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide