Forums59
Topics1,039,146
Posts13,959,991
Members144,192
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: What all do you cook on your blackstone/griddle? [Re: bockscar] #14205910 11/29/21 03:49 PM
R
Ranger1 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
By far the best meal that has come from ours is Chicken fried steak just like Mary cooks hers.

Re: What all do you cook on your blackstone/griddle? [Re: Ranger1] #14205921 11/29/21 04:03 PM
P
Patriot7Six Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
Originally Posted by Ranger1
By far the best meal that has come from ours is Chicken fried steak just like Mary cooks hers.

Shallow fry?

I like to do breakfast on mine but have also done good burgers, stir-fry, and barria tacos.

Fight the good fight - 1 Tim. 6:12 flag
Re: What all do you cook on your blackstone/griddle? [Re: bockscar] #14205991 11/29/21 05:13 PM
J
Jeff Schiller Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
Love my 36" Blackstone. We use ours at least twice a week. A lot has been said already. It is very hot cooking on it, especially during the summer months. Right now, it's great though.
Breakfast - Pancakes, french toast, eggs (fried/scrambled), Omelets, hash browns, bacon, sausage. Pretty much an iHop at your fingertips.
Dinners - we've done hibachi with rice, veggies, steak, shrimp and scallops. Shrimp and scallops are very tasty.
Philly cheese steak (family favorite)
Tacos - easy to griddle up 2#s of ground beef. Seems to be less grease....not sure how.
Italian Sausage and Pepper sub sandwiches
Fried pork chops (shallow fry).
Hot dogs - 100% better than cooking them on the grill
Hamburgers / Smash burgers

Don't knock the steak on the griddle. If you like Hibachi style steak, you will like steak on the griddle. They have a different taste because of the lack of the char/grilling than on the grill. But they are very tasty.

Things cook so much faster on the griddle too.

Re: What all do you cook on your blackstone/griddle? [Re: Jeff Schiller] #14205995 11/29/21 05:18 PM
a777pilot Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Jeff Schiller
Love my 36" Blackstone. We use ours at least twice a week. A lot has been said already. It is very hot cooking on it, especially during the summer months. Right now, it's great though.
Breakfast - Pancakes, french toast, eggs (fried/scrambled), Omelets, hash browns, bacon, sausage. Pretty much an iHop at your fingertips.
Dinners - we've done hibachi with rice, veggies, steak, shrimp and scallops. Shrimp and scallops are very tasty.
Philly cheese steak (family favorite)
Tacos - easy to griddle up 2#s of ground beef. Seems to be less grease....not sure how.
Italian Sausage and Pepper sub sandwiches
Fried pork chops (shallow fry).
Hot dogs - 100% better than cooking them on the grill
Hamburgers / Smash burgers

Don't knock the steak on the griddle. If you like Hibachi style steak, you will like steak on the griddle. They have a different taste because of the lack of the char/grilling than on the grill. But they are very tasty.

Things cook so much faster on the griddle too.

THIS! ^^^^^^^

I love mine.

Last edited by a777pilot; 11/29/21 05:19 PM.

Look! Up in the sky. It's a bird. It's a plane. No, it's an EMP!

Re: What all do you cook on your blackstone/griddle? [Re: bockscar] #14206006 11/29/21 05:34 PM
J
Jeff Schiller Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
I forgot fish. Skin on Teriyaki salmon. Marinate some salmon in a terikyaki glaze. Throw it on the griddle, skin side down. Flip it after a bit.
Doing Mahi Mahi fish tacos this week and will quick cook a thick chunk of Tuna with probably just a smidge of lemon pepper on it.

On the steak, they cook really fast. I've done hibachi a couple of times with steak and I've overcooked the steak both times. They cook super fast. Just a learning curve thing. And there is a learning curve.

Check out some Waltwins videos on Youtube. They do some good stuff.

Re: What all do you cook on your blackstone/griddle? [Re: bockscar] #14206377 11/29/21 11:07 PM
M
malibu6501 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
M
Most of the above. I'll offer a tip. Get a trash bag and wrap it after cleaning and oiling.

Re: What all do you cook on your blackstone/griddle? [Re: bockscar] #14206806 11/30/21 08:45 AM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Man lots of great tips. Awesome thread

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: What all do you cook on your blackstone/griddle? [Re: bockscar] #14230871 12/26/21 05:47 PM
B
bockscar Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
B
Thank you all for the replies....i think this thread worked out perfectly for what I was wanting to know for myself. Im just cooking for 2, and dont have the most diverse pallet so I was worried how much I'd use this thing. You all that had them seemed to really like them.....even if you werent cooking dinner on it every day! So that was great for me to see. Well ended up compromising when I saw a deal I couldnt pass up on!

Ended up getting the Pit Boss 22 inch griddle for $79 ($96 really after tax and $12 shipping)! Shipping wasnt free but that just seemed like too good a deal to pass up on to get something i been wanting but not needing. and it wasnt breaking the bank and wouldnt suck if i didnt end up using it at that price! after about 2 weeks I can say....i love the thing! No idea what it is, but breakfast from the griddle hits different and is really enjoyable! Every breakfast ive made (bacon, grated/from scratch has browns, scrambled eggs and pancakes) on it has gotten scarfed down...and im not a breakfast guy! But man, it really has its own little effect on the food and whatever it is makes for a great breakfast.

Only cooked a few things (breakfast and burgers) so far, but if thats all I ever cook ill be happy with it. Damn McD's, Wendys, etc... take outs like $9-10 per meal, and looooong waits in the drive through......so I will definitely be staying home making smashburgers instead of getting takeout when i can

Highly recommend to anyone considering it! The small griddle is good and you can hook it up to a big propane tank too.......but if you are cooking for probably 4, maybe even 3 I think Id recommend the bigger ones instead of the smaller ones like I got. The bigger 4 burner ones are better too and let you have better temp control/zones and thats probably my only complaint about the 22 inch since you really only have 2ish zones.

Re: What all do you cook on your blackstone/griddle? [Re: malibu6501] #14230873 12/26/21 05:51 PM
B
bockscar Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by malibu6501
Most of the above. I'll offer a tip. Get a trash bag and wrap it after cleaning and oiling.

yup and the other one im learning i definitely need and would recommend is the magnetic paper towel holder! cuz I use a ton of paper towels. a few youtubers mentioned it and id def say itd be a good thing to have....actually, im gonna go buy one today now that im thinking of it! I got a good seasoning going early on and im being real disciplined with cleaning right after and coating with oil before putting it away, so those paper towels are key!

Re: What all do you cook on your blackstone/griddle? [Re: bockscar] #14231545 12/27/21 02:52 PM
J
Jeff Schiller Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
Glad you like your investment. I swear I use mine 3 to 4 times a week. We're doing breakfast at least one day over the weekend. Try French Toast. OMG. And you're right. Breakfast just hits different.
Brats and sausages are awesome - get a dome so you can steam them just a bit.
We had BLTs for Christmas Eve dinner. grin Bacon on the blackstone.
Christmas morning was breakfast - frozen patty hash browns, more bacon, fried eggs (get the silicone egg circle thingy from Blackstone if you like fried eggs) and French Toast.
Christmas dinner we made Bacon wrapped asparagus and ribeye steaks and scallops. Yes, I cooked the ribeyes on the griddle right next to the scallops next to the asparagus.

This week we'll be doing Mahi Mahi fish tacos.

Re: What all do you cook on your blackstone/griddle? [Re: Jeff Schiller] #14234805 12/31/21 02:44 AM
B
bockscar Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Jeff Schiller
Glad you like your investment. I swear I use mine 3 to 4 times a week. We're doing breakfast at least one day over the weekend. Try French Toast. OMG. And you're right. Breakfast just hits different.
Brats and sausages are awesome - get a dome so you can steam them just a bit.
We had BLTs for Christmas Eve dinner. grin Bacon on the blackstone.
Christmas morning was breakfast - frozen patty hash browns, more bacon, fried eggs (get the silicone egg circle thingy from Blackstone if you like fried eggs) and French Toast.
Christmas dinner we made Bacon wrapped asparagus and ribeye steaks and scallops. Yes, I cooked the ribeyes on the griddle right next to the scallops next to the asparagus.

This week we'll be doing Mahi Mahi fish tacos.

Hell yea!!!

Ill do french toast next breakfast instead of the pancakes! havent done the dogs yet but looking forward to tossing one of those sams clubs franks to crisp up on it!

But yea, money well spent for sure....even if it is just for a once weekly breakfast!!! Jonesing for a philly cheesesteak! Need to find some good meat locally....might just need to not be a cheap [censored] and hit the butcher to have him shave me some ribeye direct! Those are great in cast iron when I do decide to do em so can only imagine how much better theyll be on the griddle!

Re: What all do you cook on your blackstone/griddle? [Re: bockscar] #14235076 12/31/21 03:35 PM
B
Big Hopper Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
B
So, How do you CLEAN one? I don't like cooking a hamburger in cast iron, after cooking fish the day before.

I'm glad there are wine drinkers in this world ..... it saves more beer for the rest of us.
Hopper
Re: What all do you cook on your blackstone/griddle? [Re: Big Hopper] #14235553 01/01/22 01:10 AM
J
Jeff Schiller Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
Originally Posted by Big Hopper
So, How do you CLEAN one? I don't like cooking a hamburger in cast iron, after cooking fish the day before.

After the initial seasoning, there isn't really a lot of cleaning.
After you cook, scrape any chunks off into the grease tray. If I cooked a particularly greasy type meal, I'll take a paper towel and get most of that off of the cook top into the grease trap.
Then I use a wet cotton dish towel (sold at walmart) soaked in water and run that over the top. Then apply more oil and let it almost burn off. You're ready for the next cook.
cover it when not in use.

Re: What all do you cook on your blackstone/griddle? [Re: bockscar] #14235626 01/01/22 02:40 AM
Stompy Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
On Tuesday I cooked breakfast sausage, bacon, hamburgers, shrimp and pancakes. We cook up a bunch of stuff at one time, eat some for lunch and dinner and freeze some for later use.

www.jaranchhunting.com
Cabin Rentals on the ranch for Hubbard Creek Lake
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide