Page 1 of 2 1 2
Congestive Heart Failure #14225121 12/19/21 04:23 PM
R
racing75 Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
R
Anyone on here have this? I had a heart attack at the end of June. After getting released from the Dr, I kept noticing swelling in my legs, bloating, and trouble breathing. Got so bad one night I had to go to the ER. That’s when they told me I had CHF. Been back about 3 times with the same problem. Stayed a week in the hospital the last time. Was good for a while but now I’m back to the bloating, swelling, and trouble breathing. Is this how this stuff works? Good days and bad days? I take breathing treatments and I’m on a lasik, but they don’t seem to help much. Anything y’all know of I can do to help this?

Men are like fish...If we'd learn to keep our mouth shut, we'd stay out of trouble.
Re: Congestive Heart Failure [Re: racing75] #14225126 12/19/21 04:33 PM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
I personally have not had CHF but know several people who do have it. They are under both a Primary Care Doctor and a Cardiologist Doctors care. I also know they take medications and follow a diet. If you do not have a Cardiologist I would strongly suggest that you get one. Also will be praying for your healing. angel2

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Congestive Heart Failure [Re: racing75] #14225144 12/19/21 04:58 PM
R
racing75 Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
R
I do have a primary and cardiologist.

Men are like fish...If we'd learn to keep our mouth shut, we'd stay out of trouble.
Re: Congestive Heart Failure [Re: racing75] #14225283 12/19/21 07:20 PM
W
Whistlebritches Offline
Angler
Angler
W
While I do not have CHF I did have bypass surgery (CABG X5) in may of 2020.I had some issues with fluid build up,swelling in the legs,especially the left where veins were harvested and of course the shortness of breath that goes along with it.I did spend several months on lasiks but have since had it removed from my heart meds.My cardiologist recommended i cut salt out of my diet..........as much as humanly possible anyway.Salt was never high on my list anyway but if you start reading the nutritional facts on processed foods you may be as shocked as I was.Anyway cutting all added salt in my diet,eating fresh or frozen veggies(not canned,they are salt bombs) and lots of chicken and fish(buy an air fryer if you don't already have one) has got me off lasiks and the fluid retention has ceased.

Good luck

On Time,On Target,Never Quit
Re: Congestive Heart Failure [Re: Whistlebritches] #14225556 12/20/21 12:11 AM
R
racing75 Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
R
Originally Posted by Whistlebritches
While I do not have CHF I did have bypass surgery (CABG X5) in may of 2020.I had some issues with fluid build up,swelling in the legs,especially the left where veins were harvested and of course the shortness of breath that goes along with it.I did spend several months on lasiks but have since had it removed from my heart meds.My cardiologist recommended i cut salt out of my diet..........as much as humanly possible anyway.Salt was never high on my list anyway but if you start reading the nutritional facts on processed foods you may be as shocked as I was.Anyway cutting all added salt in my diet,eating fresh or frozen veggies(not canned,they are salt bombs) and lots of chicken and fish(buy an air fryer if you don't already have one) has got me off lasiks and the fluid retention has ceased.

Good luck

Thanks. We have a air fryer. I don’t add any salt other than what’s already in the food. We get frozen vegetables. Eat chicken a lot but not like I’m suppose to. Fish as well but fried. Guess I need to make some diet changes and maybe it will help. Thanks again.

Re: Congestive Heart Failure [Re: racing75] #14225799 12/20/21 06:02 AM
C
Comodius Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Originally Posted by racing75
Anyone on here have this? I had a heart attack at the end of June. After getting released from the Dr, I kept noticing swelling in my legs, bloating, and trouble breathing. Got so bad one night I had to go to the ER. That’s when they told me I had CHF. Been back about 3 times with the same problem. Stayed a week in the hospital the last time. Was good for a while but now I’m back to the bloating, swelling, and trouble breathing. Is this how this stuff works? Good days and bad days? I take breathing treatments and I’m on a lasik, but they don’t seem to help much. Anything y’all know of I can do to help this?

Est
This not how this works. I have had CHF 8.5 years. While I have experienced a few scary incidents, my cardiologist & electrophysioligist have kept me treated through medication, along with a CRTD device in my chest. I go to the Louis & Peaches Owen Heart Hospital in Tyler, TX. If you need additional information, shoot me a message!!!!

Deo Vindice
Re: Congestive Heart Failure [Re: racing75] #14226164 12/20/21 05:35 PM
L
LOOKN4REDS Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
L
Swelling and fluid retention is a common symptom. Your cardiologist can get aggressive with diuretics to control this. You should be keeping a DAILY weight log. Two pounds overnight and five pounds in a week is a problem and should be reported to your doctor. An immediate change to your meds may be rehired. This will help avoid ER visits to remove 20 pounds of fluid. Not fun. Good luck sir.

Re: Congestive Heart Failure [Re: LOOKN4REDS] #14226667 12/21/21 02:58 AM
R
racing75 Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
R
Originally Posted by LOOKN4REDS
Swelling and fluid retention is a common symptom. Your cardiologist can get aggressive with diuretics to control this. You should be keeping a DAILY weight log. Two pounds overnight and five pounds in a week is a problem and should be reported to your doctor. An immediate change to your meds may be rehired. This will help avoid ER visits to remove 20 pounds of fluid. Not fun. Good luck sir.

I’m on one and use the restroom all the time but I’m still swelling up.

Re: Congestive Heart Failure [Re: racing75] #14226670 12/21/21 03:01 AM
R
racing75 Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
R
My cardiologist is in Mt Pleasant and my wife and I are not very happy with him. Probably gonna check with my insurance and see if I can get one in Tyler.

Re: Congestive Heart Failure [Re: racing75] #14228468 12/23/21 12:58 AM
D
DLALLDER Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
D
Get the Dr. (either one to take you off Lasik and put you on HTCZ.) Lasik seems to work on some but HTCZ worked MUCH better on me after 4 bypass surgurey in July of 2020. Daniel

Re: Congestive Heart Failure [Re: racing75] #14234405 12/30/21 05:41 PM
T
Teeners boat Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
I have had CHF, diagnosed 3 years ago. Changed diet, cut salt consumption by 90%, cut fluid intake & Cardiologist had me on meds, after one year reduced meds, visits to cardiologist dropped to 4 times a year instead of monthly. Blood Pressure has stabilized even though it is a little high. Last heart scan was good, also had a stint put in. Doing good now. So, change your diet, eat as much salt free food as possible and lower fluid intakes, take daily walks even if it just a block or 2, you can increase them by another block every week or month. This has worked well for me. Good Luck.

Reality. What a concept!
Re: Congestive Heart Failure [Re: Teeners boat] #14235498 01/01/22 12:08 AM
butch sanders Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Teeners boat
I have had CHF, diagnosed 3 years ago. Changed diet, cut salt consumption by 90%, cut fluid intake & Cardiologist had me on meds, after one year reduced meds, visits to cardiologist dropped to 4 times a year instead of monthly. Blood Pressure has stabilized even though it is a little high. Last heart scan was good, also had a stint put in. Doing good now. So, change your diet, eat as much salt free food as possible and lower fluid intakes, take daily walks even if it just a block or 2, you can increase them by another block every week or month. This has worked well for me. Good Luck.

thats pretty well done

Re: Congestive Heart Failure [Re: racing75] #14301872 03/01/22 11:18 PM
O
Oldrabbit Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
O
Just a question on the best way to remove salt and sugar from a persons diet. Sound like several of you have already done this. I have already starting reducing both, but food tastes terrible.

The reason I ask, is that I am having an Echocardiogram on Wednesday morning to rule out CHF.
I got put on some steroids in November for a GI issue and ended up with high blood pressure afterwards. I got put on Lisinopril starting a 5 MG all the way up to 20 MG and it didn't help. Then I got put on Amlodipine-Benazerpril 10-20 MG and it took my BP from 166/98 down to 99/58 in about a week but it caused Edema from the knees down and from my elbows down. I gained 8 pounds in a week, went to see my PC about what was going on and he did a ECG which if failed. Then on to the heart doctor for a 7 day heart monitor, which came back with no findings. Have had 4 sets of blood work since late December and everything looks good.
Got put on Lasix for 8 days and it pulled off around 6 pounds, but they wanted me off of it for two weeks for the Echo.
I had already been diagnosed with VTAC and take Metoprolol Tartrate to lower my heart rate.
I have lost 4 pounds cutting out sweets and now the Lisinopril at 10 MG has my PB pack under control. Hoping it was just the Amlodipine that caused the veins to leak as that is a real common side effect.

Thanks for anything y'all can think of and prayers for a good test tomorrow.
LarryB.

Re: Congestive Heart Failure [Re: Oldrabbit] #14303090 03/03/22 01:26 AM
butch sanders Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Oldrabbit
Just a question on the best way to remove salt and sugar from a persons diet. Sound like several of you have already done this. I have already starting reducing both, but food tastes terrible.

The reason I ask, is that I am having an Echocardiogram on Wednesday morning to rule out CHF.
I got put on some steroids in November for a GI issue and ended up with high blood pressure afterwards. I got put on Lisinopril starting a 5 MG all the way up to 20 MG and it didn't help. Then I got put on Amlodipine-Benazerpril 10-20 MG and it took my BP from 166/98 down to 99/58 in about a week but it caused Edema from the knees down and from my elbows down. I gained 8 pounds in a week, went to see my PC about what was going on and he did a ECG which if failed. Then on to the heart doctor for a 7 day heart monitor, which came back with no findings. Have had 4 sets of blood work since late December and everything looks good.
Got put on Lasix for 8 days and it pulled off around 6 pounds, but they wanted me off of it for two weeks for the Echo.
I had already been diagnosed with VTAC and take Metoprolol Tartrate to lower my heart rate.
I have lost 4 pounds cutting out sweets and now the Lisinopril at 10 MG has my PB pack under control. Hoping it was just the Amlodipine that caused the veins to leak as that is a real common side effect.

Thanks for anything y'all can think of and prayers for a good test tomorrow.
LarryB.

prayers up

Re: Congestive Heart Failure [Re: racing75] #14303116 03/03/22 02:03 AM
M
malibu6501 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
The hospital I was at offered therapy sessions every morning. I did not attend, but you might look into that. You use treadmill, etc. but are at the hospital. It takes awhile after heart failure to get back. For me it did. It's been over 10 years for me, and I still feel it. I have a cardiologist I see twice per year. Under three medications. Last time, he had me on a treadmill. My blood pressure actually went down after I got off. I thought I was about to pass out. In my mind, movement, medicine, fluids, and cut out the salt are key. On me, they had to stop my heart because I had no pulse. Then they restarted it. My heart was attacked by a virus. My swelling comes from non activity. Don't cut out all salt. That's bad too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide