texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,013
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,321
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,326
Mark Perry 72,486
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,882
Posts13,954,757
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Doug Hannon #14226629 12/21/21 02:17 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
D
AKA “The Bass Professor” did things his own way and was a big bass trophy hunter.

He never seemed to catch the heat and the hate some of today's big bass trophy hunters are catching these days.

Wonder what could have changed?

#MFGA
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Doug Hannon [Re: Douglas J] #14226638 12/21/21 02:26 AM
K
Ken Starling Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
Social Media

Re: Doug Hannon [Re: Douglas J] #14226669 12/21/21 03:00 AM
D
Darin S. Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Douglas J
AKA “The Bass Professor” did things his own way and was a big bass trophy hunter.

He never seemed to catch the heat and the hate some of today's big bass trophy hunters are catching these days.

Where are all these heat and hate posts? I’m seeing a lot of guys give props to JJ.

Originally Posted by Westside.
I hate everything
Re: Doug Hannon [Re: Douglas J] #14226694 12/21/21 03:29 AM
A
Alan Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
A
I spent a month in the Ocala National Forest because of Doug. The people living back in there were as interesting as the fishing. 1975. 5 1/2 pistol grip rod and red 5000.

2000 518dvx
200 efi Mercury
Re: Doug Hannon [Re: Ken Starling] #14226700 12/21/21 03:43 AM
F
Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Originally Posted by Ken Starling
Social Media

+1000000000000000000

Re: Doug Hannon [Re: Douglas J] #14226747 12/21/21 05:16 AM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B

People are just so cynical nowadays and seems like in general prefer criticizing first before even considering giving any sort of credit. Plus with social media gathering of like minds....the social media pile on really becomes a thing that just snowballs in a bad way....and its a pretty punk [censored] move in my book when people do that 🤷‍♂️

Last edited by bockscar; 12/21/21 04:04 PM.
Re: Doug Hannon [Re: Douglas J] #14226749 12/21/21 05:17 AM
F
Frank the Tank Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
When they do what?

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Doug Hannon [Re: Douglas J] #14226784 12/21/21 11:57 AM
buda13 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Doug Hannon never made videos with the sole intention of said video being “look how awesome I am”. He created educational videos and in many cases explained the science behind his theories. If you ever had the pleasure to speak with the man you’ll know what I mean when I say he genuinely cared about trying to make others better fishermen.

Re: Doug Hannon [Re: buda13] #14226841 12/21/21 01:34 PM
D
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by buda13
Doug Hannon never made videos with the sole intention of said video being “look how awesome I am”. He created educational videos and in many cases explained the science behind his theories. If you ever had the pleasure to speak with the man you’ll know what I mean when I say he genuinely cared about trying to make others better fishermen.

Aren’t Jones and Hannon kind of both doing the same things? Using their abilities to catch fish and then monetizing it to the fullest.

As they should, that’s what capitalism is all about.

#MFGA
Re: Doug Hannon [Re: Douglas J] #14227005 12/21/21 03:59 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B

Aren’t Jones and Hannon kind of both doing the same things? Using their abilities to catch fish and then monetizing it to the fullest.

Youre gonna drive yourself crazy trying to explain any similarities. With the "anti youtuber" crew you are likely to have a more fruitful discussion about politics or religion than you will be to try and tell them why maybe youtube isnt too bad of an idea.

When you have people think that these guys are making the videos "with the sole intention of said video being 'look how awesome I am'" they either cant understand or refuse to understand that they arent making videos for attentions sake.....they are making videos because making videos is their profession and way that they provide for their family (same goes for the "why livewell 40 pounds of fish" argument). Then when you read something about youtubers not having "class or integrity" the same way Jimmy Houston and Bill Dance do...that tells you a lot about the type of assumptions that are being made, and also how the anti crew ignores the facts of the matter (a common theme among the anti crew) like Jimmy Houston not being the best outdoorsmen doing a high fence hunt for his TV show....or bill dance being the OG clickbait before there was clickbait with his funny out takes/blooper reel stuff! LOL

Be careful before the cool kids start calling you a nut hugger roflmao

Last edited by bockscar; 12/21/21 04:05 PM.
Re: Doug Hannon [Re: Douglas J] #14227016 12/21/21 04:18 PM
H
H&H Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Social media/technology does not mesh well will most old school bass fisherman, we had to learn things by fishing, hours and hours on different lakes and different styles. Its been handed down to us by family and friends that broke the code the hard way. Now you can see why so many people are haters. It's a painful yet humbling sport we all enjoy.

Re: Doug Hannon [Re: H&H] #14227033 12/21/21 04:36 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by H&H
Social media/technology does not mesh well will most old school bass fisherman, we had to learn things by fishing, hours and hours on different lakes and different styles. Its been handed down to us by family and friends that broke the code the hard way. Now you can see why so many people are haters. It's a painful yet humbling sport we all enjoy.

Agree with that! The best tips and lessons are those that are thankfully passed on from the old school guys. Nowadays the solution is just to throw money at things....where the old school guys had to figure it out and make it work! Cant beat experience.

Re: Doug Hannon [Re: Douglas J] #14227043 12/21/21 04:38 PM
buda13 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

I never said anything about Josh Jones… I think the guy is awesome, maybe one of the most revolutionary anglers of our time. Also not a YouTube hater, but there are a bunch of fishermen on there that fit exactly what I said previously. They are not there to teach you what they do, that’s the difference in Hannon and the others. Two totally different breeds of human, both accomplishing the same thing which is making a living in the fishing biz. One genuinely cared if you learned the others could care less as long as you click and talk about them. Doesn’t mean I’m anti YouTube or hate them, but to me that’s the obvious difference which is what the topic of the thread was… or I thought that’s what it was.

Some of y’all sitting cocked with the safety off…. Chill out, not everyone that gets on this forum is a hater, and old, or just generally stupid.

Re: Doug Hannon [Re: buda13] #14227129 12/21/21 06:09 PM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy

I never said anything about Josh Jones… I think the guy is awesome, maybe one of the most revolutionary anglers of our time. Also not a YouTube hater, but there are a bunch of fishermen on there that fit exactly what I said previously. They are not there to teach you what they do, that’s the difference in Hannon and the others. Two totally different breeds of human, both accomplishing the same thing which is making a living in the fishing biz. One genuinely cared if you learned the others could care less as long as you click and talk about them. Doesn’t mean I’m anti YouTube or hate them, but to me that’s the obvious difference which is what the topic of the thread was… or I thought that’s what it was.

Some of y’all sitting cocked with the safety off…. Chill out, not everyone that gets on this forum is a hater, and old, or just generally stupid.

I have to agree with Matt here. I met Doug Hannon on more than one occasion. Sat across the table from him in 1990 and talked one on one with him for over an hour. He had a genuine desire to teach.

I consider myself to be Old School but I am not so proud or stupid that I don't feel I can learn something from the new kids. I embrace technology. Josh Jones has landed not one but TWO fish of SIX lifetimes at OH Ivie plus a whole string of other DD fish. I applaud him for his feat. He obviously has a supernatural ability to utilize the new live-scope technology that few possess. Am I jealous, you danged right! Am I a hater, Heck No!

Some of you feel like he is getting rich charging $1K a day to teach people how to do what he does. I have news for you. There are guys running around in gym shorts playing a little boys game throwing a ball at a metal hoop making 100X what JJ makes. My guess is that many of you criticizing JJ for making $1K a day have your DVR's set to record every NBA or NFL game.

While I do not care for the Look-At-Me-Larry's of the fishing industry, I can learn something from every single one of them because I am open minded.

Re: Doug Hannon [Re: buda13] #14227132 12/21/21 06:11 PM
D
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
D

I am old, learned the old school way yet I can still appreciate others abilities.

The true problem is there are many people on here that comment and try and burn others down on here, that cannot and have never caught sh**. So many here that are so jealous because they never got to smash 30+ pounds or even 25+ pounds in a tourney. The true test is catching them is when someone else says it's time to fish and you can only fish during this time period on said date. You don't get to cherry pick hours or perfect days. Just fish the conditions.

The problem really isn't the "look at me youtubers", it could be the TFF people who want to tear everyone down because they have never been able to "catch em".

Some of the social media is over the top, but the best is the TFFers who constantly attack in their little hater wolfpacks. The same guys who can't catch em ever.

#MFGA
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide