Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Josh Jones [Re: MagFluker] #14224959 12/19/21 01:46 PM
R
rbspots Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
Everything is bigger in TX. Even the butt hurt

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Josh Jones [Re: rbspots] #14224993 12/19/21 02:15 PM
T
ToasterWEyes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by rbspots
Everything is bigger in TX. Even the butt hurt

roflmao

Ivie is the lake I grew up fishing. I only fish 6-7 times a year due to kids and working out of state, much less make it down to Ivie. Love to see big fish being caught there. Even by an Okie….. clap

I also think a little humble pie is good for some of the egos floating around the TFF. I thought the only fish in Texas over 13 were in Camelot Bell!!

Last edited by ToasterWEyes; 12/19/21 02:18 PM.

It's only a good cast if you catch a fish...
Personal Best: 11.62 lbs
Re: Josh Jones [Re: MagFluker] #14225059 12/19/21 03:34 PM
H
Hulapoppin Offline
Angler
Angler
H
After seeing what he and Mulligan did at the first of the year with Livescope I made my mind up to get serious about using my live scope. I set aside 5 days of my vacation to hit the lake and Livescope only. First day I hit the lake with all my DD baits tied on, all my reels spooled with new line, live wells cleaned and ready for the trophy of a lifetime, Share A Lunker phone number on speed dial and hired a film crew so I could show the world that JJ and Mulligan are not the only guys that can catch giants. Ran straight to the area where I have caught some of my biggest fish, dropped the trolling motor and proceeded to find the fish of a lifetime. After about 12 to 15 minutes of Livescoping I figured out this was the dumbest idea I ever had, picked up the trolling motor and headed to the bank to flip some brush. Hats off to those guy’s, patience is not my best virtue.

Re: Josh Jones [Re: Hulapoppin] #14225210 12/19/21 05:56 PM
T
the skipper Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Hulapoppin
After seeing what he and Mulligan did at the first of the year with Livescope I made my mind up to get serious about using my live scope. I set aside 5 days of my vacation to hit the lake and Livescope only. First day I hit the lake with all my DD baits tied on, all my reels spooled with new line, live wells cleaned and ready for the trophy of a lifetime, Share A Lunker phone number on speed dial and hired a film crew so I could show the world that JJ and Mulligan are not the only guys that can catch giants. Ran straight to the area where I have caught some of my biggest fish, dropped the trolling motor and proceeded to find the fish of a lifetime. After about 12 to 15 minutes of Livescoping I figured out this was the dumbest idea I ever had, picked up the trolling motor and headed to the bank to flip some brush. Hats off to those guy’s, patience is not my best virtue.

Not many people can stare at that screen possibly all day without making a cast. I can if I'm fishing alone but I seem to always have somebody with me so I don't get to do it much. I want to do it more this year though. I did pretty good with a big spoon this fall but lost the only one think was over 10. It's addictive for sure

Re: Josh Jones [Re: Hulapoppin] #14225256 12/19/21 06:45 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Hulapoppin

Exact same here! I really wonder how many guys you could offer something like "if you troll around for 8 hours, starting at sun up and dont cast....ill give you waypoints where DDs are for sure" and how many would actually do that.

Graphing all day is hard as hell as stupid as that sounds....cuz we are out there to fish. I redid my boat a couple winters ago and in the middle of it unexpectedly came across a deal on a Helix 12. I like graphing and enjoy trolling around looking at what the terrain looks like underneath our boat. So....I figured Im gonna put my Helix at the console because Im going to spend my time and be disciplined and make it worth what I paid for the unit (got a deal on my helix but thing still wasnt cheap LOL)......nope. After a solid year and a halfish of actual use....switching my Helix to the bow soon. I want to fish way more than I want to graph. I only fish 1-4 times per month at most....and its tough to stare at a graph when every minute on the water counts for me.

But hey....if I didnt have a job and had livescope im sure id catch them just the same as Josh Jones bang roflmao

Re: Josh Jones [Re: Monty Wright] #14225271 12/19/21 07:03 PM
Dan90210 ☮ Offline
Jr Deputy Dan
Jr Deputy Dan
Originally Posted by Monty Wright
Originally Posted by Looseline
Never thought the fishing forum would spend this much energy hating on a fellow angler. I have actually been on the boat with him. I didnt think the guy had a big ego at all. Heck some of you even attack the Josh's customers like me. Might want to find another hobby? Nope I'm good. I like fishing and learning.

Fellow hunters and fisherman are far more critical than any of the big organizations such as PETA.
"Oh that buck isn't impressive, it was shot over a corn feeder."
"it's stupid to hunt a high fence ranch"
"nice fish but it was caught in a stock pond"
"Livescope fish, not as impressed"

You get the point

I'd add to the list; fish was caught trolling, using live bait, off a bed. It's almost as if a method that is too effective is frowned upon.

I think people should be stoked on this. it's impressive that there are that many big bass in public water. Makes me think maybe there is a new state record somewhere out there.

Re: Josh Jones [Re: MagFluker] #14225469 12/19/21 10:24 PM
G
grout-scout Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
It’s not hate with Jones, it’s hate with the publicity that he (and Milliken) brought/bring to the lake. I don’t fish Ivie, but I can relate to a lake being publicized across the country. Nobody wants their lake to be packed.

Last edited by grout-scout; 12/20/21 12:25 AM. Reason: Oops, typo
Re: Josh Jones [Re: grout-scout] #14225507 12/19/21 11:13 PM
K
KnotTexan Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
K
Originally Posted by grout-scout
It’s not hate with Jones, it’s hate with the publicity that he (and Mulligan) brought/bring to the lake. I don’t fish Ivie, but I can relate to a lake being publicized across the country. Nobody wants their lake to be packed.

Kinda what I was thinking. I haven’t seen any of Jones’s videos but when Mulligans boat flipping 10#ers and then they’re flopping around on the deck then getting slapped on the belly and their mouths held to someone’s crotch and then finally after five minutes get tossed back into the water. Then post a video doing these things for every Tom, Dick, Harry and Karen to show up with a GoPro and do the same thing and then they post their videos and so on and so on. So you got a bunch of amateur YouTubers disrespecting and destroying your beautiful resource. I don’t think locals are so much jealous of the big fish catchs as they are more pissed of the social media presence and the lack of respect and care that is brought to these beautiful resources that you have. And it’s easier to pick on the ones that do the initial videos than the videos themselves. Not saying it’s right or wrong, but social media is what it is and it’s not going anywhere any time soon. JMHO cheers

Re: Josh Jones [Re: KnotTexan] #14225525 12/19/21 11:42 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by KnotTexan
It’s not hate with Jones, it’s hate with the publicity that he (and Mulligan) brought/bring to the lake. I don’t fish Ivie, but I can relate to a lake being publicized across the country. Nobody wants their lake to be packed.

Kinda what I was thinking. I haven’t seen any of Jones’s videos but when Mulligans boat flipping 10#ers and then they’re flopping around on the deck then getting slapped on the belly and their mouths held to someone’s crotch and then finally after five minutes get tossed back into the water. Then post a video doing these things for every Tom, Dick, Harry and Karen to show up with a GoPro and do the same thing and then they post their videos and so on and so on. So you got a bunch of amateur YouTubers disrespecting and destroying your beautiful resource. I don’t think locals are so much jealous of the big fish catchs as they are more pissed of the social media presence and the lack of respect and care that is brought to these beautiful resources that you have. And it’s easier to pick on the ones that do the initial videos than the videos themselves. Not saying it’s right or wrong, but social media is what it is and it’s not going anywhere any time soon. JMHO cheers

Are you as mad at TPW, the sharelunker program, Concho and Elm Creek as you are muligan and JJ?

I know facts dont matter when it comes to hating on anyone....

but watch the Miliken videos and he doesnt mention Ivie by name in the first few videos. Josh Jones doesnt really throw around waypoints either and really he isnt extremely active on socials from what ive seen in the year or so ive followed him. I had no idea the most recent fish he posted on facebook was caught at Ivie....until I saw the Concho facebook post that said it was caught at Ivie. JJ and Muligan arent the ones that solely blew the lid off it....people just connected enough dots....and even though they wont admit it and might refuse to understand it, im sure the locals didnt help that (spoiler alert they didnt help the cause and their negativity was a big reason I went because i knew it was fishing good for how salty (some of) the locals were).

Say what you want about JJ and Mulligan....they werent putting Ivie on blast. TPW, the sharelunker page, concho and elm creek allll spilled the beans way before JJ and MF did. Social media just did what social media does....and exposed itself. Locals were bitching all over socials, and they themselves really helped blow the lid off it. The salty sallys probably refuse to accept it....but they did a ton when it comes to blowing the lid off that lake.

Last edited by bockscar; 12/19/21 11:47 PM.
Re: Josh Jones [Re: KnotTexan] #14225527 12/19/21 11:45 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B

oh and if it makes you feel better....i doubt the Tom, Dick, harry and Karens with GoPros were catching DDs and "abusing" the fish (i put abusing in quotes since its already established that there were low mortality rates among all the giants caught last winter). As hard as it is to believe....just because you are around them doesnt mean you are catching them 🤷‍♂️

Re: Josh Jones [Re: grout-scout] #14225529 12/19/21 11:48 PM
Minner Bucket Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity

Yep, nobody wants death by internet/social media to “their”, home lake. Bassmaster was kind of the first to do this back in the day on lakes like Amistad and Falcon. Facebook is bad enough but YouTube is another level. I think most of us can agree the guy is great at catching monsters, just pleeeaaassseee don’t come to a lake I fish… roflmao

Re: Josh Jones [Re: bockscar] #14225530 12/19/21 11:48 PM
B
BrandoA Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by bockscar

Are you as mad at TPW, the sharelunker program, Concho and Elm Creek as you are muligan and JJ?

but watch the Miliken videos and he doesnt mention Ivie by name in the first few videos. Josh Jones doesnt really throw around waypoints either and really he isnt extremely active on socials from what ive seen in the year or so ive followed him. I had no idea the most recent fish he posted on facebook was caught at Ivie....until I saw the Concho facebook post that said it was caught at Ivie. JJ and Muligan arent the ones that solely blew the lid off it....people just connected enough dots....and even though they wont admit it and might refuse to understand it, im sure the locals didnt help that (spoiler alert they didnt help the cause and their negativity was a big reason I went because i knew it was fishing good for how salty (some of) the locals were).

Say what you want about JJ and Mulligan....they werent putting Ivie on blast. TPW, the sharelunker page, concho and elm creek allll spilled the beans way before JJ and MF did. Social media just did what social media does....and exposed itself. Locals were bitching all over socials, and they themselves really blew the lid off it. The salty sallys probably refuse to accept it....but they did a ton when it comes to blowing the lid off that lake.

Very good point. Like you, I didn’t know where the fish was caught when I first saw it

Re: Josh Jones [Re: bockscar] #14225561 12/20/21 12:17 AM
K
KnotTexan Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
K

oh and if it makes you feel better....i doubt the Tom, Dick, harry and Karens with GoPros were catching DDs and "abusing" the fish (i put abusing in quotes since its already established that there were low mortality rates among all the giants caught last winter). As hard as it is to believe....just because you are around them doesnt mean you are catching them 🤷‍♂️

Wasn’t the point. Not hating on anyone. It’s not about DDs either. It’s any and all fish. Like I said it’s about the social media presence and the rift raft that comes after the fact. It also doesn’t matter if it’s right or wrong it’s not going to change with the way social media is in today’s world. Just got to learn to deal with it. But judging from your posts not only in this thread we know how you roll and that’s ok cuz this is American and you have that right cheers.

Re: Josh Jones [Re: KnotTexan] #14225565 12/20/21 12:22 AM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B

Wasn’t the point. Not hating on anyone. It’s not about DDs either. It’s any and all fish. Like I said it’s about the social media presence and the rift raft that comes after the fact. It also doesn’t matter if it’s right or wrong it’s not going to change with the way social media is in today’s world. Just got to learn to deal with it. But judging from your posts not only in this thread we know how you roll and that’s ok cuz this is American and you have that right cheers.

roflmao

Last edited by bockscar; 12/20/21 12:24 AM.
Re: Josh Jones [Re: bockscar] #14225576 12/20/21 12:31 AM
G
grout-scout Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G

Say what you want about JJ and Mulligan....they werent putting Ivie on blast. TPW, the sharelunker page, concho and elm creek allll spilled the beans way before JJ and MF did. Social media just did what social media does....and exposed itself. Locals were bitching all over socials, and they themselves really helped blow the lid off it. The salty sallys probably refuse to accept it....but they did a ton when it comes to blowing the lid off that lake.

Hey monkey lips, where did I hate on anyone. I offered a reason as to why people don’t like Jones or Milliken. Maybe if you didn’t live in the third world country known as El Paso, you’d understand. Of course you can’t comprehend it, nobody purposely goes to El Paso.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide