Forums59
Topics1,038,944
Posts13,956,097
Members144,183
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2021 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #14183226 11/06/21 04:21 PM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] November 2021 (10-6-21 Sat. AM):

Well, now it is a bit cooler than average in the AM, but fair as in warmth during midday.!!! It seems we just can't get in between there.

This month flew by (along with some strong winds as well). We have been busier than normal. We thought we had almost caught up to get a breather back to normal, when all of a sudden, some 20+ jobs all signed off & then it was like a drag race, with uis hanging on trying to complete them all. I want to say that maybe after this week, we might get close to normal again. But I have decided not to stick my foot in my mouth. We lost a dear co-worker at the cabinet company back in July due to COVid. She & I were sent home due to exposure to another co-worker in almost mid-June. I did not get it, but she found out a half week later she did. Within the week of testing positive, she was in the hospital. Having good & bad days, on a respirator, she almost passed on. Only to recover a little before it finally got her at the end of July. So, we have dealt with only 4 of s in the door shop, instead of 5. THe co-worker we were exposed to, also got hit hard. Within his first week, he was in the hospital with pneumonia (along with COVid). He was here for several months then shipped to a hospital in Houston for rehab. He was finally sent home in September. But he is on oxygen, had a hole cut in his throat to breathe easier, and uses a walker to just get around in a room at home, but tires out very qwikly.

As I noted last month, I have everything acquired to be able to map out the 2022 Catfish Calendar, but have yet to stop from this crazy drag race to do that. I'm hoping for that to finally appear as we get into November, as we at least pause for a bit of Thanks & Giving near the end of this month. Instead of fishing this month, due to complications with Social Security (early retirement) & work, it looks like instead, me & my cousin Jimmy, will be firing up the wild hog pen traps. We are almost ready to set things in motion. Either next weekend or the following, but no later than T-Day weekend. Plus funds went low, so I did not send the new scales off yet to get certified. Plus I still am working on rigging up my running lights up at the front on the big boat (14 foot MonArk). By "running", I mean that in a dual sense, as in running with a sense similar to headlights for night cruising, plus being able to turn them down up in the front so I can run the lines & bait out.

The good thing about the Catfish Calendar is timing. Knowing when to hit the Yellows or Blues at the best times. I doubt that "The Giant" will be caught before I get back out there, as you really have to prepare for this monster & its awesome power. All I can hope for, is that the lake does not drop too much, especially like the drought of the summer & fall of 2011. Because then he will move & I'll have to wait for his return. I know his regular "pathways" & I know the YellowCat patterns (timing), so I have the advantage. The big boat is ready to go, so no chances of him rolling it like the 12 footer which might have happened on May 5th, 2018 if the leader line had not snapped above the hook. That's OK, I now have size 96 cord which was about 900 pound test if I recall correctly. And an array of larger hooks. A couple from some of you out there. I will be sure to let you know on which it was caught.

I even went to 6/0 SS swivels. If it breaks these swivels, then I will tie a new leader on with a hitch knot, then a single knot on each side to prevent sliding. This was the way Newt (one of my 2 YC teachers) taught me, as he did not trust or use swivels. I don't use the clip type, as the clips can stretch open easily. I don't use the 3 way brass swivels, as they can snap easily, as "The Giant" did once. Nor do I use the nickel swivels, as it seems they deteriorate after being in the water for some time (this occurred in the Trinity River in the 1980s). I use either size 3/0 or 4/0 Brass barrel swivels. However, I have started using the S/S or S/S coated brass barrel swivels now. And for the new main line of "The Giant", 6/0 for sure.

***Almost forgot, why don't you sleep an extra hour in the morning. Go for it! Don't forget, time change- Fall back 1 hour on Sunday November 7th at 2 AM.

Welcome to T-Day month, in case you are planning to take a partial or 4 day fishing trip this year. If you duck hunt, I suggest hunting ducks at daybreak, then running your lines. Then either before or after the late day hunt, running the lines again. So that regardless if you get any ducks, you still will get meat on the table for your trip. Remember, always think productively!

--->>> Looks like a 3 day run on Blues during 26-28th (Fri-Sun) of this year's T-Day stretch.

Here's the Calendar ...

++++
Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- NOVEMBER 2021
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Sunday / Monday / Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday / Friday / Saturday
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
XX / 1 ZIP | 2 ZIP | 3 BC | 4 BC | 5 ZIP | 6 ZIP
7 BC | 8 BC | 9 BFT | 10 BFT | 11 BFT | 12 YC | 13 YC
14 ZIP | 15 ZIP | 16 BFT | 17 BFT | 18 BFT | 19 BC | 20 BC
21 YC | 22 YC | 23 YC | 24 ZIP | 25 ZIP | 26 BC | 27 BC
28 BC | 29 ZIP | 30 ZIP
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

++++

CURRENT MONTH---
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- November 2021 Moon Phases---
4th- New Moon
11th- 1st Qtr
19th- Full Moon
27th- Last Qtr

TARGETOS (Multiple Target Briefs)---

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- November 2021 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days (separate from the Calendar)---
3/4 Wed/Thurs
12/13/14 Fri/Sat/Sun
22/23 Mon/Tues
--------
***Decoded, it looks like this..
1st Week- 3/4 Wed/Thurs
2nd Week- 12/13 Fri/Sat
3rd Week- 14 Sun
4th Week- 22/23 Mon/Tues
5th Week- NONE

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- November 2021 Lynn's YC (YellowCat) Days (as to the Calendar)---
1st Week- NONE
2nd Week- 12/13 Fri/Sat
3rd Week- NONE
4th Week- 21/22/23 Sun/Mon/Tues
5th Week- NONE

***You might want to try the PYC days for those weeks that do not have YC days listed on the Calendar.

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days- November 2021, by each week, as to the Calendar:
NOTE: OOPS! last month I had it listed as September, not October. My Bad!
1st Week- 3/4 Wed/Thurs
2nd Week- 7/8 Sun/Mon
3rd Week- 19/20 Fri/Sat
4th Week- 26/27 Fri/Sat
5th Week- 28 Sun

EXTRA EXTRA--- Targeted (Buffet) days-- November 2021, by each week, as to the Calendar:
NOTE: Double OOPS! last month I had it listed as September, not October. My Bad!
1st Week- NONE
2nd Week- 9/10/11 Tues/Wed/Thurs
3rd Week- 16/17/18 Tues/Wed/Thurs
4th Week- NONE
5th Week- NONE

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Special Notes ...

** ALWAYS ... be sure to note that YC days are also great for Blues. So when you have a clump of BC & YC days, press forward. Like they say in pool (or billiards), Rack 'em Up!!!

*** And be sure to not get them (YC) confused with PYC days, as this (PYC) is my reference to the YellowCat underlying pattern. The YC days are the hardest pull for that day of the calendar, as to the 4 possible 'sigs" of mine [YC/BC/BFT/ZIP].

****This section below is just in case I can't find time on the keyboard just before or at the first few days. Plus it gives you the preview into the following month, so you are not left out in the cold, as to YC & BC days, as well as PYC days.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

--->>> Next month's "Prelim" Look--

***As you can tell, I've been lagging behind by almost a week, so this covers things to make sure you are covered. Maybe things will catch up after this round.

And the earliest PYC days in December 2021 (according to Lynn's PYC pattern)---
1/2 Wed/Thurs
There are a total of 9 PYC days.

And the earliest YC days in December 2021 (according to the Calendar)---
9/10 Thurs/Fri
There are a total of 4 YC day.

And the earliest BC days in December 2021 (according to the Calendar)---
2 Thurs
There are a total of 8 BC days.

And the earliest BFT days in December 2021 (according to the Calendar)---
1 Wed
There are a total of 6 BFT days.

Remembering that you can also make a good sweep of Blues on YC (YellowCat) days.

Up the river ahead ...

Sorry, I have not mapped out January or any of 2022 yet.

++++++++
for the KEY 2021, look back in October
++++++++

Be on the watchout for high winds!
Wear that Life Jacket!!!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2021 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #14215624 12/09/21 04:32 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] December 2021 (12-8-21 Wed. PM):

On the go here & figured I had better post it now, instead of waiting, as it might be Saturday before I get another spare minute. Have a Great & Safe Holiday!!!

Here's the Calendar ...

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- DECEMBER 2021
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Sunday / Monday / Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday / Friday / Saturday
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
XX / XX / XX | 1 BFT | 2 BC | 3 ZIP | 4 ZIP
5 ZIP | 6 ZIP | 7 BFT | 8 BFT | 9 YC | 10 YC | 11 ZIP
12 ZIP | 13 ZIP | 14 BC | 15 BFT | 16 BC | 17 BC | 18 BC
19 YC | 20 YC | 21 BC | 22 ZIP | 23 ZIP | 24 BC | 25 BC
26 ZIP | 27 ZIP | 28 BFT | 29 BFT | 30 ZIP | 31 ZIP
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

CURRENT MONTH---
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- December 2021 Moon Phases---
4th- New Moon
10th- 1st Qtr
18th- Full Moon
26th- Last Qtr

TARGETOS (Multiple Target Briefs)---

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- December 2021 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days (separate from the Calendar)---
***Decoded, it looks like this..
1st Week- 1/2 Wed/Thurs
2nd Week- 9/10/11 Thurs/Fri/Sat
3rd Week- NONE
4th Week- 19/20 Sun/Mon
5th Week- 28/29 Tues/Wed

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- December 2021 Lynn's YC (YellowCat) Days (as to the Calendar)---
1st Week- NONE
2nd Week- 9/10 Thurs/Fri
3rd Week- NONE
4th Week- 19/20 Sun/Mon
5th Week- NONE

***You might want to try the PYC days for those weeks that do not have YC days listed on the Calendar.

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days- December 2021, by each week, as to the Calendar:
1st Week- 2 Thurs
2nd Week- NONE
3rd Week- 14/16/17/18 Tues/Thurs/Fri/Sat
4th Week- 21/24/25 Tues/Fri/Sat
5th Week- NONE

EXTRA EXTRA--- Targeted (Buffet) days-- December 2021, by each week, as to the Calendar:
1st Week- 1 Wed
2nd Week- 7/8 Tues/Wed
3rd Week- 15 Wed
4th Week- NONE
5th Week- 28/29 Tues/Wed

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Special Notes ...

** ALWAYS ... be sure to note that YC days are also great for Blues. So when you have a clump of BC & YC days, press forward. Like they say in pool (or billiards), Rack 'em Up!!!

*** And be sure to not get them (YC) confused with PYC days, as this (PYC) is my reference to the YellowCat underlying pattern. The YC days are the hardest pull for that day of the calendar, as to the 4 possible 'sigs" of mine [YC/BC/BFT/ZIP].

****This section below is just in case I can't find time on the keyboard just before or at the first few days. Plus it gives you the preview into the following month, so you are not left out in the cold, as to YC & BC days, as well as PYC days.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

--->>> Next month's [January 2022] "Prelim" Look--

***As you can tell, I've been lagging behind by almost a week, so this covers things to make sure you are covered. Maybe things will catch up after this round.

And the earliest PYC days in January 2022 (according to Lynn's PYC pattern)---
5/6/7 Wed/Thurs/Fri
There are a total of 7 PYC days.

And the earliest YC days in January 2022 (according to the Calendar)---
5/6/7 Wed/Thurs/Fri
There are a total of 5 YC days.

And the earliest BC days in January 2022 (according to the Calendar)---
3/4 Mon/Tues
There are a total of 11 BC days.
--->>>Remember that you can also make a good sweep of Blues on YC (YellowCat) days.

And the earliest BFT days in January 2022 (according to the Calendar)---
20 Thurs
There are a total of 4 BFT days.

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- 2021 KEY:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
YC = YellowCat // BC = BlueCat // BFT = Buffet (assorted) // ZIP = Zip (not very good)
Tip- Always bait out lines the night before a YC or BC day.
Tip- Gator Gars (GG) run ahead of YellowCats, so bait out late (between 11 PM to 1 AM).
Tip- BlueCats also bite good on YC days, but you can rack ‘em up on BC days.
Tip- Some variations or alterations are due to weather or other external influences.
Tip- For Rod-n-Reelers, use Solunar Tables (etc.) also for best times with my calendar.
Tip- Near Full Moon, Gator Gars & YellowCats seem to feed a few hours later.
Tip- Your biggest YellowCats may hit best towards beginning & end of YC or PYC days.
Tip- My PYC Days keys in on the YellowCat’s Feed/Roam Days Underlying Pattern.
Tip- Bleedover works both ways- Before & After a calendar day. Take advantage.
Tip- For better luck on ZIP days, try a stimulant (not natural) type bait, such as stink/punch/dough.
Tip- In my experiences, it seems ChannelCats (CC) bite best for me, on BFT days.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I don't have to remind you to be careful of winter dangers, such as high winds, wild storms, cold waters (maybe eventually), and hidden stumps that go thump in the night as well as in the day. It is one reason you never catch me not wearing my lifejacket. I have been in some serious situations out there. I am lucky to have survived them, even whewn all hope seem doomed. The one idiotic stunt that took me out of my sister's 12 foot Porta-Bote, I was glad I had it on. That was Turkey Day 2011, even though the lake was 10 feet low. When you stand up in a smaller boat, learn the rule to stretch your body facing front or back, never sideways. A slight gust caught me stretching and facing sideways & the gear buckets started sliding, causing me to rock & roll, and eventually to succumb to falling backwards over the side with my knees to feet still inside the boat. Even though a 12 foot vinyl Porta-Bote is sturdy enough to hold 3 people, it is too flexible for just one person to get back in without turning it over. And that's just one story.

But even if worse comes to worse, remember if your boat is sinking and you failed to put your lifejacket on & have it in one of the cubbies, then you might grab that ice chest as a floatie. My boss told me of his nightmare once. The ice chest kept him afloat until others found him in the dark.

Luckily, in both cases, the water temperatures were fair, not very cold.

That is something to think about.
Take care!!!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2021 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #14215674 12/09/21 11:28 AM
BriannShell Offline
Extremely Happy Angler
Extremely Happy Angler
thumb

Lions do not concern themselves with the opinions of sheep
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2021 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #14218361 12/12/21 04:02 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Thought you all might want to know about something I bumped into last night, in case you have not ...

For those of you who recall Cody Mullennix's early January 2004 Texas & World record 121 pond BlueCat from the Texas side of Lake Texoma, here's a bit more. He not only caught it from the bank, but in shallower water than most expect for winter Blues.

Did you know that across on the Oklahoma side of Texoma just about a month earlier (November 2003), Billy "B.J." Nabors reeled in his Oklahoma record BlueCat at 93 pounds? A previous shallow water BlueCat trend.

It seems both were caught in shallower waters that only a few were starting to key in on, than deeper waters normally where Blues in the winter months. Cody notes that he looks for a warmer winter day, with a water temperature of 47 F or warmer. So, for those R-n-Ring, from banks, you have a fighting chance to latch onto some big Blues which normally stick to deeper waters in the winter.

You can read more from Cody & others who have experienced this specific shallow water BlueCat trend in the winter. It's in the new "In-Fisherman" mag Dec/Jan/Feb 2022 Volume 46, No. 7 issue, that I just got in the mail Friday (12-10-21). See pages 48-51 for 4 pages chock full of info.

Tennessee guide Bryce Roberts shares that it seems that it might be due to shad running into warmer waters. And the Blues follow right after them. He notes water temps warmer than 55 F, similar to what Cody states.

Just thought you might want to get a copy & read up on it.

Meanwhile, we've (me & my cousin Jimmy) had the hog traps going since last month, but none yet. It has been almost 20 years. However, we did get a small 30 pounder last weekend. Neighbor across the road had been given 2 or 3 but ran out of room in their freezer. Currently some is in the slow cooker overnight in Dickey's Bar-B-Q sauce. We'll see how the chopped wild hog BarB-Q sandwiches taste for lunch Sunday. It has been at least 20 years. Who knows, I may just pull a bag of 2009 T-Day Trip BlueCat out for supper & thaw & re-trim for pan frying in Tony's Crispy Creole batter in the sister grease (sister to Mrs. Tucker's-- Bake-Rite). It will taste just like I froze it a few days ago.

Be safe!
Wear that lifejacket!
If not for your life, then for insulation!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide