texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
BjDesign, Russell Vernon, lysis, Santa Crus Kayaks, Austinbass68!@
116315 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
TexDawg 105,973
hopalong 101,939
Pilothawk 81,583
John175☮ 80,610
Bigbob_FTW 78,248
JDavis7873 67,408
Derek 🐝 67,326
Mark Perry 64,957
Forum Statistics
Forums61
Topics1,148,382
Posts15,640,185
Members141,315
Most Online36,273
Jan 23rd, 2013
Print Thread
Ivie Crappie #14204309 11/27/21 11:01 PM
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 26,804
Fish Killer Offline OP
Big Sexy
OP Offline
Big Sexy
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 26,804
I know there was n this lake as I’ve caught a few bass fishing
Looked around a couple of times the last two days on the main lake and I haven’t been able to find anything
Looked from 5’ to 30’ deep tree lines. Rock piles old growth new growth
Nada

Who has tapped the secret to this lake?


LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum

You want to make a difference in life? Take a kid fishing!
Re: Ivie Crappie [Re: Fish Killer] #14204423 11/28/21 12:50 AM
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 217
blondie Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 217
I haven’t been over there this year but last year I did pretty good in Elm Creek near that large boat dock.

Re: Ivie Crappie [Re: blondie] #14204564 11/28/21 02:41 AM
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 26,804
Fish Killer Offline OP
Big Sexy
OP Offline
Big Sexy
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 26,804
Originally Posted by blondie
I haven’t been over there this year but last year I did pretty good in Elm Creek near that large boat dock.

The one just north of the ramp or the one way in the back of elm below that house?


LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum

You want to make a difference in life? Take a kid fishing!
Re: Ivie Crappie [Re: Fish Killer] #14204882 11/28/21 02:00 PM
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 34
L
LowBudget Fishin Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
L
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 34
My Cousin has untapped the secret of Ivie Crappie. He is on the forum, maybe he will chime in…..

Re: Ivie Crappie [Re: LowBudget Fishin] #14205333 11/29/21 12:05 AM
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 26,804
Fish Killer Offline OP
Big Sexy
OP Offline
Big Sexy
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 26,804
Originally Posted by LowBudget Fishin
My Cousin has untapped the secret of Ivie Crappie. He is on the forum, maybe he will chime in…..



So many good looking trees in break lines with nothing in them

Scoping around looks like a ghost town

Looking forward to coming back home and every tree around has fish on it
But we don’t have that much timber


LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum

You want to make a difference in life? Take a kid fishing!
Re: Ivie Crappie [Re: Fish Killer] #14205856 11/29/21 03:13 PM
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 75
cdoz35 Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 75
One of the main lakes I fish. Has a lot of very nice crappie both blacks and whites. We nearly always come home with a 2 man limit and don't keep anything under 12". I have never done good on the main lake. Look on the edge of the river channels. Start somewhere around where the Concho and Colorado intersect. Two weeks ago they were in 30-40ft of water on timber at the edge of the river channels. Holding about 25 ft down. Have to keep scanning till you find them, but when you do they are usually piled up. We have livescope, which is a game changer on this lake. If you are still there fishing PM me and I will give you my phone number and can give you some starting points. It has been two weeks since I have been, so could be a completely different pattern though.

Re: Ivie Crappie [Re: cdoz35] #14205867 11/29/21 03:21 PM
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 26,804
Fish Killer Offline OP
Big Sexy
OP Offline
Big Sexy
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 26,804
Originally Posted by cdoz35
One of the main lakes I fish. Has a lot of very nice crappie both blacks and whites. We nearly always come home with a 2 man limit and don't keep anything under 12". I have never done good on the main lake. Look on the edge of the river channels. Start somewhere around where the Concho and Colorado intersect. Two weeks ago they were in 30-40ft of water on timber at the edge of the river channels. Holding about 25 ft down. Have to keep scanning till you find them, but when you do they are usually piled up. We have livescope, which is a game changer on this lake. If you are still there fishing PM me and I will give you my phone number and can give you some starting points. It has been two weeks since I have been, so could be a completely different pattern though.


Appreciate the offer. Came home last night, and won't be back for a couple of weeks. I'm always staying down on the east side of the lake, so rarely run up past Boot Hill. I scanned a lot of places on the river channel and some deep flats even. Gave up and went back to bass fishing, Scope works great if you can find something worth while to stop and look at.


LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum

You want to make a difference in life? Take a kid fishing!
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3