Print Thread
Lake LBJ #14198703 11/22/21 02:05 PM
R
Richman Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
R
Results of our tournament on LBJ this weekend were mixed. Several fish over five pounds were caught but the majority of catches were small fish. Topwater produced bites. Jerk baits and crank baits did well. Some were caught around docks. The best stringer was just under 12lbs.

The nice aspect about this lake is even will all the development and the number of houses on the water, the lake is mainly a weekend and summer attraction. I saw very few people on Friday when I practiced and not that many more over the weekend. In fact, there were more deer than people. Seriously, all the millions of dollars in housing and hardly anyone was there. Certainly not like Rayburn or Livingston. I am sure the time of year played a part and summers are crazy with people and boats. So, if you are looking for a lake to fish tournament in the off season, then you should check this lake out.

Re: Lake LBJ [Re: Richman] #14208923 12/02/21 12:48 PM
W
wearnshaw Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
W
Originally Posted by Richman
Results of our tournament on LBJ this weekend were mixed. Several fish over five pounds were caught but the majority of catches were small fish. Topwater produced bites. Jerk baits and crank baits did well. Some were caught around docks. The best stringer was just under 12lbs.

The nice aspect about this lake is even will all the development and the number of houses on the water, the lake is mainly a weekend and summer attraction. I saw very few people on Friday when I practiced and not that many more over the weekend. In fact, there were more deer than people. Seriously, all the millions of dollars in housing and hardly anyone was there. Certainly not like Rayburn or Livingston. I am sure the time of year played a part and summers are crazy with people and boats. So, if you are looking for a lake to fish tournament in the off season, then you should check this lake out.

What area of the lake were you fishing? Main lake humps, creeks, where were you getting the most bites?

Re: Lake LBJ [Re: Richman] #14209014 12/02/21 01:57 PM
T
Txbassin Offline
Angler
Angler
T
A national fish hatchery just down the road.
Inks lake should provide some of the best fishing in Texas.
Its a tough lake to fish for me.

NO FISH NO FRIEND !!!!!
Re: Lake LBJ [Re: Richman] #14210098 12/03/21 05:20 AM
fivebites Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Richman

Uh...I'm guessing you're not on LBJ very often. It is usually a cluster flock of wave boats and jet fleas. BUT, there's some good fish in that lake. How many teams were there? 11 + pounds sound really light for that lake.

2019 Chevy Tahoe
2018 Basscat Eyra 250 Proxs
PB Wife of 32 years!
PB Largemouth 9.56 Ray Roberts
Re: Lake LBJ [Re: Richman] #14211033 12/04/21 05:15 AM
P
Palirwin Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
P
I fished it the other day, and only caught a couple of 2 pounders. I don't know that lake though, so I was just guessing at where to fish. Caught them both on main lake points in 5-6 feet of water. One on a spinner and one on a crankbait. Gotta get out with ya fivebites! Might be springtime at this rate. Life is interfering with fishing time!

Re: Lake LBJ [Re: fivebites] #14211657 12/04/21 10:54 PM
T
Txbassin Offline
Angler
Angler
T
Well I'm officially old and senile. My brain read INKS Lake.
How in the heck did I see that I don't know!
Kinda embarrassing to admit .

I rarely fish LBJ but instead I go to Buch

Yes LBJ is a freak show of boats.

NO FISH NO FRIEND !!!!!
Re: Lake LBJ [Re: Richman] #14212662 12/06/21 02:17 AM
T
Topwater2 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
I have been fishing LBJ for years it hasn't been the same for some time. The locals are blaming the Zebra Mussels and I've been blaming myself. It used to be easy for me to have a 20 to 30 lb stringer on any giving day but lately it just ain't happening. I was on it in mid November, Monday thru Thursday, sun up to sun down, and it was very slow. I missed a few big'uns and boated a couple dozen 3lb and under. I fished everything from the dam to about two miles up the Colorado. I had 23+ lbs in this pic when times were good. [Linked Image]

FishKen
Re: Lake LBJ [Re: Richman] #14223580 12/17/21 07:10 PM
P
Palirwin Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
P
Caught them okay yesterday on LBJ. Wind was dead calm for most of the morning. Caught the first fish super shallow deep in a cove. Kept fishing, nothing, so moved to the Dam. Caught a couple in 10 feet of water on a spinner. Moved to the discharge, nothing. Fish were smashing bait on the surface beyond the accessible area, but nothing out where you can take the boat. Starting flipping docks outside of the discharge and caught a couple there. Green Pumpkin Wacky Worm seemed to be the trick. I tried a Pearl Shad Fluke also with no luck. Starting to get better at catching on this lake...it has been frustrating for sure!

Re: Lake LBJ [Re: Richman] #14264593 01/27/22 04:53 AM
Basskicker907 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Any hazards on the lake or is it wide open in the channel? How far up can you run?

USAF
Re: Lake LBJ [Re: Txbassin] #14264607 01/27/22 06:22 AM
H
HookaToad Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
Originally Posted by Txbassin
Well I'm officially old and senile. My brain read INKS Lake.
How in the heck did I see that I don't know!
Kinda embarrassing to admit .

I rarely fish LBJ but instead I go to Buch

Yes LBJ is a freak show of boats.

Don't feel too bad...years ago I was going to Lake Buchannan to practice for a tournament and had never been on the lake. When I got to the lake I wondered why there were not many boat trailers in the parking lot, launched the boat and started running north until it started getting really shallow way to quick and it was then I realized I had launched on INKS instead! The lake looked good but prefishing it wouldn't help me on Buchannan. So next day, last practice day and with the tournament the next day, I watched my Minn Kota Genesis Trolling motor bounce up and down, deployed itself, and tore off the lower unit of the trolling motor before I could stop.

I always go back and fish that structure when I can...

Good Fishing and God Bless

“I’d rather be a failure at something I enjoy than to be a success at something I hate”

Re: Lake LBJ [Re: Basskicker907] #14265071 01/27/22 06:22 PM
T
Topwater2 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
Originally Posted by Basskicker907
Any hazards on the lake or is it wide open in the channel? How far up can you run?

The main channel is marked but keep an eye out for white bouy's and stay away from them. Some are marking hazzards, some shallow water, and then the (no wake) variety. I run all over it and have been for many years without any issues. It's my favorite all time lake for fishing!!

FishKen
Re: Lake LBJ [Re: Richman] #14336306 04/06/22 05:36 PM
H
huntfish308 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
What Topwater2 said. A lot of big granite rocks but LCRA does a pretty good job of marking them. it's kind of treacherous going through all of those big rocks on the way to Inks Dam but the trip is usually worth it. Just pick up your big motor and troll while keeping an eye out Once you pass the rocks your good up to the power lines and its about 20 to 25 ft. in some placed there.

God does not charge time spent fishing against a man’s allotted life span. “Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover. “I spent most of my money on fishing. The rest I wasted,” Author Unknown.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide