texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
PnoT, Black Angel Lures, Renni, b3bass69, Whizzy
119309 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,182
TexDawg 120,782
Bigbob_FTW 97,445
Bob Davis 85,258
Pilothawk 83,410
Mark Perry 73,024
JDavis7873ฎ 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,043,276
Posts14,031,878
Members144,309
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Yard Guru's #14197193 11/20/21 10:52 PM
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 16,530
Magged Out Online Confused OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Confused
TFF Guru
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 16,530
This Stuff any good??

On Clearance at Wal Mart for like $6 a sack

[Linked Image]


I'd Tack That!!
Re: Yard Guru's [Re: Magged Out] #14197221 11/20/21 11:34 PM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 68,376
Derek ๐Ÿ Online Shocked
Queen of Bees
Online Shocked
Queen of Bees
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 68,376
Not a big fan of weed and feed products. But not a bad buy for $6. Not sure about the triple action but the yellow is not to be used on St Augustine if thatโ€™s what you have. Also most weed and feeds need to be applied to damp grass for the weed killer to stick and work.


Ebolacane Researcher
CovidNado Chaser
McRib Pro Staff
Team Beans
Re: Yard Guru's [Re: Magged Out] #14197833 11/21/21 08:05 PM
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 39,669
Dan90210 โ˜ฎ Offline
Jr Deputy Dan
Offline
Jr Deputy Dan
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 39,669
That is stupid cheap.

The triple is the one I have used in the past in combo with another, it seems to work. Its really a pre more than anything so keep that in mind. Not sure applying it now would get you much.

But wait, where did you get these for $6? Like which Wal mart? Those are usually like 5-6X that price.

Re: Yard Guru's [Re: Derek ๐Ÿ] #14198528 11/22/21 05:21 AM
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 16,530
Magged Out Online Confused OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Confused
TFF Guru
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 16,530
Originally Posted by Derek ๐Ÿ
Not a big fan of weed and feed products. But not a bad buy for $6. Not sure about the triple action but the yellow is not to be used on St Augustine if thatโ€™s what you have. Also most weed and feeds need to be applied to damp grass for the weed killer to stick and work.



Thanks! Not sure the grass type

They also had some of these noidea
[Linked Image]


I'd Tack That!!
Re: Yard Guru's [Re: Dan90210 โ˜ฎ] #14198529 11/22/21 05:23 AM
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 16,530
Magged Out Online Confused OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Confused
TFF Guru
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 16,530
Originally Posted by Dan90210 โ˜ฎ
That is stupid cheap.

The triple is the one I have used in the past in combo with another, it seems to work. Its really a pre more than anything so keep that in mind. Not sure applying it now would get you much.

But wait, where did you get these for $6? Like which Wal mart? Those are usually like 5-6X that price.


San Angelo Wal-Mart

The Big $50 sacks are like $20


I'd Tack That!!
Re: Yard Guru's [Re: Magged Out] #14198555 11/22/21 10:23 AM
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 12,787
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 12,787
Originally Posted by Magged Out
Originally Posted by Dan90210 โ˜ฎ
That is stupid cheap.

The triple is the one I have used in the past in combo with another, it seems to work. Its really a pre more than anything so keep that in mind. Not sure applying it now would get you much.

But wait, where did you get these for $6? Like which Wal mart? Those are usually like 5-6X that price.


San Angelo Wal-Mart

The Big $50 sacks are like $20


Which Wal-Mart?

Re: Yard Guru's [Re: Magged Out] #14198614 11/22/21 12:42 PM
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 16,530
Magged Out Online Confused OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Confused
TFF Guru
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 16,530
TD on Sherwood Way


I'd Tack That!!
Re: Yard Guru's [Re: Magged Out] #14198725 11/22/21 02:33 PM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 68,376
Derek ๐Ÿ Online Shocked
Queen of Bees
Online Shocked
Queen of Bees
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 68,376
Originally Posted by Magged Out
Originally Posted by Derek ๐Ÿ
Not a big fan of weed and feed products. But not a bad buy for $6. Not sure about the triple action but the yellow is not to be used on St Augustine if thatโ€™s what you have. Also most weed and feeds need to be applied to damp grass for the weed killer to stick and work.



Thanks! Not sure the grass type

They also had some of these noidea
[Linked Image]



Some Walmart's have had that on clearance for stupid cheap. Like $5 a bag. That's a great buy.


Ebolacane Researcher
CovidNado Chaser
McRib Pro Staff
Team Beans
Re: Yard Guru's [Re: Magged Out] #14200395 11/23/21 09:38 PM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 68,376
Derek ๐Ÿ Online Shocked
Queen of Bees
Online Shocked
Queen of Bees
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 68,376
Mag I took the time to read the Triple Label. The weed killer in that is Atazine. You don't want to apply atazine to bermuda. So if you have St. Aug the Triple would be your product. If you have Bermuda the yellow weed and feed would be your option.

That said Scotts, does have a couple of different products that have the "Triple Action" on the bag. The regular Triple Action without the word Southern on the bag is a different product and can be used on St. Aug or Bermuda in cooler temps. Not a product you want to apply in summer. So just make sure you grab the correct product for your turf type.

https://www.scotts.com/sites/g/file...les/T49606_26007_BG6163_091117_CFL_0.pdf


Ebolacane Researcher
CovidNado Chaser
McRib Pro Staff
Team Beans
Re: Yard Guru's [Re: Magged Out] #14200666 11/24/21 01:58 AM
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 51,142
T
Trickster Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
T
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 51,142
How do I get rid of peepee stains? St. Aug?

Re: Yard Guru's [Re: Derek ๐Ÿ] #14200771 11/24/21 03:37 AM
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 16,530
Magged Out Online Confused OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Confused
TFF Guru
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 16,530
Originally Posted by Derek ๐Ÿ
Mag I took the time to read the Triple Label. The weed killer in that is Atazine. You don't want to apply atazine to bermuda. So if you have St. Aug the Triple would be your product. If you have Bermuda the yellow weed and feed would be your option.

That said Scotts, does have a couple of different products that have the "Triple Action" on the bag. The regular Triple Action without the word Southern on the bag is a different product and can be used on St. Aug or Bermuda in cooler temps. Not a product you want to apply in summer. So just make sure you grab the correct product for your turf type.

https://www.scotts.com/sites/g/file...les/T49606_26007_BG6163_091117_CFL_0.pdf



Thanks Buddy, I honestly don't know what the grass type is. But it looks like ๐Ÿ’ฉ


There's a Landscaper about 3 houses down, so not looking too be King of the Streets


I'd Tack That!!
Re: Yard Guru's [Re: Magged Out] #14200803 11/24/21 04:01 AM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 68,376
Derek ๐Ÿ Online Shocked
Queen of Bees
Online Shocked
Queen of Bees
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 68,376
Originally Posted by Magged Out
Originally Posted by Derek ๐Ÿ
Mag I took the time to read the Triple Label. The weed killer in that is Atazine. You don't want to apply atazine to bermuda. So if you have St. Aug the Triple would be your product. If you have Bermuda the yellow weed and feed would be your option.

That said Scotts, does have a couple of different products that have the "Triple Action" on the bag. The regular Triple Action without the word Southern on the bag is a different product and can be used on St. Aug or Bermuda in cooler temps. Not a product you want to apply in summer. So just make sure you grab the correct product for your turf type.

https://www.scotts.com/sites/g/file...les/T49606_26007_BG6163_091117_CFL_0.pdf



Thanks Buddy, I honestly don't know what the grass type is. But it looks like ๐Ÿ’ฉ


There's a Landscaper about 3 houses down, so not looking too be King of the Streets


Post some pics. I'll have it rocking next year with box store stuff.


Ebolacane Researcher
CovidNado Chaser
McRib Pro Staff
Team Beans
Re: Yard Guru's [Re: Trickster] #14200834 11/24/21 04:34 AM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 68,376
Derek ๐Ÿ Online Shocked
Queen of Bees
Online Shocked
Queen of Bees
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 68,376
Originally Posted by Trickster
How do I get rid of peepee stains? St. Aug?


Simple answer. You don't. I have a Shizu that wrecks the backyard every year with spots. Salt index on peepee stains is really high. You'll have them, but if you're on a solid fert schedule they will fill in pretty quickly for the most part. Post some pics

Make sure its peepee spots and not Brown Patch, TARR, etc. I typically only get peepee spots in the summer heat on the bermuda. St. Aug is a different animal.

Last edited by Derek ๐Ÿ; 11/24/21 04:35 AM.

Ebolacane Researcher
CovidNado Chaser
McRib Pro Staff
Team Beans
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3