texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,013
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,321
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,326
Mark Perry 72,486
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,881
Posts13,954,755
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Lake texoma #14190385 11/14/21 05:49 PM
23Harrison Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
Do anybody have any tips on fishing texoma? I got completely skunked yesterday. Thanks in advance

Last edited by 23Harrison; 11/14/21 05:49 PM.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Lake texoma [Re: 23Harrison] #14190732 11/15/21 12:42 AM
R
Rayzor Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
We are probably going to Texoma this next weekend. I do not know what you are targeting but I can tell you what has worked for us. Find shorelines where there are very small, white rocks. Hopefully you can keep the boat in 5 to 10 feet of water. 1) Use a shallow diving crankbait like a Rapala Balsa Xtreme BX Brat. A lure that runs 0-2 feet deep, cast to the shoreline. 2) Use a 2.0 square bill to fish out deeper and more parallel to the shoreline. 3) Slow retrieve a 1/2 ounce spinnerbait with Colorado blades. 4) Last but not least; throw an Alabama rig.

In our Fall trips to Texoma, we have caught Stripers, Largemouth, Smallmouth and White Bass with these lures.

Last edited by Rayzor; 11/15/21 12:43 AM.

Be safe,
Rayzor
[Linked Image]
2001 Triton Tx-21/225 Mercury EFI
Re: Lake texoma [Re: Rayzor] #14190742 11/15/21 12:53 AM
S
Sawyer S Online Content
Angler
Online Content
Angler
S
Originally Posted by Rayzor
We are probably going to Texoma this next weekend. I do not know what you are targeting but I can tell you what has worked for us. Find shorelines where there are very small, white rocks. Hopefully you can keep the boat in 5 to 10 feet of water. 1) Use a shallow diving crankbait like a Rapala Balsa Xtreme BX Brat. A lure that runs 0-2 feet deep, cast to the shoreline. 2) Use a 2.0 square bill to fish out deeper and more parallel to the shoreline. 3) Slow retrieve a 1/2 ounce spinnerbait with Colorado blades. 4) Last but not least; throw an Alabama rig.

In our Fall trips to Texoma, we have caught Stripers, Largemouth, Smallmouth and White Bass with these lures.

There is a high school tournament on Saturday just to warn you. Luckily the lake is huge so people will hopefully be more spread out.

I was out there yesterday for the first time and caught a couple fish on spooks and crank baits fishing near rocks. I talked to a couple other guys on the water who were struggling too. I think it was a tough day.

Joshua 1:9
Re: Lake texoma [Re: 23Harrison] #14190803 11/15/21 02:53 AM
23Harrison Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
Ok thank you for the replies. We were actually able to land one early in the morning on a spinnerbait on some rocks. I'm actually a high school angler fishing in that tournament and since I'm not able to prefish the friday before I went yesterday. I was just wondering what they were biting on before the 5 day no info rule went into effect.

Re: Lake texoma [Re: Sawyer S] #14191694 11/16/21 12:27 AM
R
Rayzor Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by Sawyer S

There is a high school tournament on Saturday just to warn you. Luckily the lake is huge so people will hopefully be more spread out.

I was out there yesterday for the first time and caught a couple fish on spooks and crank baits fishing near rocks. I talked to a couple other guys on the water who were struggling too. I think it was a tough day.

I ain't skeered. Texoma is a lake that is big enough for everyone!

Be safe,
Rayzor
[Linked Image]
Re: Lake texoma [Re: Rayzor] #14191716 11/16/21 12:50 AM
S
Sawyer S Online Content
Angler
Online Content
Angler
S

It sure is. It took me forever to drive from the Eisenhower state park ramp to the Big Mineral Arm.

Good luck 23Harrison in the tournament. I’m fishing in it as well.

Joshua 1:9
Re: Lake texoma [Re: 23Harrison] #14192196 11/16/21 02:32 PM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
It’ll be windy on Saturday; y’all be careful out there.
With the wind, they might be chasing out there like pelagic fish.

[Linked Image]
Re: Lake texoma [Re: Sawyer S] #14193014 11/17/21 01:09 AM
R
Rayzor Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R

It sure is. It took me forever to drive from the Eisenhower state park ramp to the Big Mineral Arm.

Good luck 23Harrison in the tournament. I’m fishing in it as well.

Boating long distances in the wind on Texoma is a killer and a gas burner. The last time we went there, we stayed at Big Mineral camp. It is a long, rough ride from there to the Grandpappy Point area. We are staying at Lighthouse resort this go-around. Our favorite place to stay is Flowing Wells resort but in my opinion the Big Mineral arm is useless for bass. Too sandy.

The wind is supposed to be out of the South. Hopefully we will be able to fish shorelines with some land/tree coverage.

Last edited by Rayzor; 11/17/21 01:10 AM.

Be safe,
Rayzor
[Linked Image]
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide