Page 1 of 2 1 2
Low testosterone supplementing? #14105750 08/23/21 11:07 PM
T
TroyKing Online Content OP
Extreme Angler
OP Online Content
Extreme Angler
T
I got my results back for my annual wellness checkup and they tell me I have low testosterone and hyperthyroidism... I have felt the worst that I've ever felt in my life this past year.... So hopefully things to start turn around....has anybody dealt with this or experienced the difference between bioidentical hormones versus synthetic hormones?.... I'm trying to educate myself about what I'm facing here.

Last edited by TroyKing; 08/23/21 11:32 PM.

The driving force and secret desire of every bass fisherman, is to one day be a crappie fisherman............Could it be that the good Lord just smilies and looks the other way when a fisherman tells a lie?
Re: Low testosterone supplementing? [Re: TroyKing] #14105946 08/24/21 01:15 AM
S
stuntmandave Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
I would go natural first if you can, there are ways to boost testosterone without getting trt etc.... Fit Father Project This guy has a number of videos on natural ways to boost testosterone. The thing is once you get into TRT it's pretty much a lifelong commitment (from my understanding) because your body stops naturally producing testosterone like it did before. I know for myself in the past when I could tell my testosterone was down I'd lift heavy 3-5 days a week, eat clean and get good sleep and it started picking back up. Need to get back on it myself. Best of luck!

Challenge Accepted.
1st ID 1/26 Infantry OEF XI
[Linked Image]
Re: Low testosterone supplementing? [Re: TroyKing] #14105960 08/24/21 01:36 AM
lakeforkfisherman Offline
Elliptical Mechanic
Elliptical Mechanic
For what its worth- I do 2 pumps of Androgel each morning. My T was around 430. After 3 months, it is now just over 600. I feel much better than I did before. Sleep better. I am more focused, my workouts are more productive and of course libido is improved.

LET’S GO BRANDON!!!
Re: Low testosterone supplementing? [Re: stuntmandave] #14107563 08/25/21 01:50 PM
B
Bad93ex Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
I would go natural first

Definitely get into a workout regimen first to see if your mood improves

The thing is once you get into TRT it's pretty much a lifelong commitment

This is correct, like many other meds you will most likely need to stay with it since your body is unable to create enough testosterone.

your body stops naturally producing testosterone

This is incorrect, your body still produces testosterone but not enough. TRT supplements what your body creates and brings you to a "healthy" level.

I know for myself in the past when I could tell my testosterone was down I'd lift heavy 3-5 days a week, eat clean and get good sleep and it started picking back up. Need to get back on it myself. Best of luck!

I had no idea that my testosterone was low but had all of the symptoms, I am glad that I went into my local clinic because I found out that my levels were in the low 300s. For the first 6 months they are taking blood samples and monitoring all of your levels and vitals making sure you're getting the correct amount of testosterone. Mood, sleep and performance were all greatly improved and my levels are near 900 now.

It looks like the closest center to you is: Tyler Low T Center

Re: Low testosterone supplementing? [Re: Bad93ex] #14107583 08/25/21 02:08 PM
S
stuntmandave Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted by Bad93ex
I would go natural first

Definitely get into a workout regimen first to see if your mood improves

The thing is once you get into TRT it's pretty much a lifelong commitment

This is correct, like many other meds you will most likely need to stay with it since your body is unable to create enough testosterone.

your body stops naturally producing testosterone

This is incorrect, your body still produces testosterone but not enough. TRT supplements what your body creates and brings you to a "healthy" level.

I know for myself in the past when I could tell my testosterone was down I'd lift heavy 3-5 days a week, eat clean and get good sleep and it started picking back up. Need to get back on it myself. Best of luck!

I had no idea that my testosterone was low but had all of the symptoms, I am glad that I went into my local clinic because I found out that my levels were in the low 300s. For the first 6 months they are taking blood samples and monitoring all of your levels and vitals making sure you're getting the correct amount of testosterone. Mood, sleep and performance were all greatly improved and my levels are near 900 now.

It looks like the closest center to you is: Tyler Low T Center

Did you supplement any? or did you just change up routine and diet?

The other thing I read recently was that intermittent fasting can help increase testosterone levels as well.

Challenge Accepted.
1st ID 1/26 Infantry OEF XI
[Linked Image]
Re: Low testosterone supplementing? [Re: stuntmandave] #14107831 08/25/21 05:47 PM
B
Bad93ex Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Did you supplement any? or did you just change up routine and diet?

I started TRT last year.

The other thing I read recently was that intermittent fasting can help increase testosterone levels as well.

It might be able to raise your levels a few points but nothing like TRT.

Re: Low testosterone supplementing? [Re: TroyKing] #14137683 09/22/21 01:42 PM
N
n2ratfishin Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
N
There are side effects. I gave myself injections for years. Then one day my blood work come back abnormal and I was off to see an oncologist. Your first time sitting in an oncology office is a wake up call!! Long story short the T shots made my blood too thick. The only way to take them now is go for an old fashioned blood letting (give blood) once a quarter so it doesn't get too thick.

I decided to put up with the old guy weight gain and generally feeling out of energy. My last test was about 200.

Re: Low testosterone supplementing? [Re: n2ratfishin] #14138142 09/22/21 10:07 PM
Hard Rain Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by n2ratfishin
There are side effects. I gave myself injections for years. Then one day my blood work come back abnormal and I was off to see an oncologist. Your first time sitting in an oncology office is a wake up call!! Long story short the T shots made my blood too thick. The only way to take them now is go for an old fashioned blood letting (give blood) once a quarter so it doesn't get too thick.

I decided to put up with the old guy weight gain and generally feeling out of energy. My last test was about 200.

I just had a physical this month and asked my doc about TRT and he advised against it and your situation is exactly what he said can happen with long term TRT along with other issues as well. Mine is low but I have adequate energy especially for a 65 year old so I am opting not to do it.

Re: Low testosterone supplementing? [Re: TroyKing] #14181339 11/04/21 02:37 PM
S
SkeeterGuy1 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
Do your own research on Tongkat Ali....it's a natural supplement (A root) to add to you diet to increase testosterone. You can find it on Amazon, but like I said do your own research first. There's some clinical studies over it.

Re: Low testosterone supplementing? [Re: TroyKing] #14332942 04/02/22 12:36 PM
Z
z289sec Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Z
If you get off TRT, eventually your body will start producing Testosterone again. However stopping cold turkey, and not using estrogen blockers will cause a myriad of problems. I was on it for a while, and it made a huge difference. But my insurance stopped paying for it, so I had to whittle myself off of it at my expense, as it was very expensive with no insurance to help out. I'm back to the same levels I had prior to starting TRT. My biggest problem was FREE testosterone levels. Blood testosterone was at the low end of normal. My Free level, last time I was checked was 2.6 The bottom end of the normal scale is about 4.0 ( for men my age) My blood test level is 306, with bottom of normal being 300. Now that I know what the symptoms of low T are, and know what it feels like to have them at normal levels, I've had it my entire life.

I tried many natural remedies to raise my level, and it would bump my blood test level a couple numbers, but the Free test level never moved. And that is the number that is most critical, and has the biggest impact on the way you feel.

Last edited by z289sec; 04/02/22 12:43 PM.
Re: Low testosterone supplementing? [Re: TroyKing] #14350727 04/23/22 06:56 PM
E
Emit R Detsaw Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E
Well, according to Tucker Carlson........

May you be treated the way you treat other people, today and everyday!

Re: Low testosterone supplementing? [Re: TroyKing] #14351272 04/24/22 04:14 PM
RedRanger Online Content
burro desagradable
Online Content
burro desagradable
I went to doctor last week and was told I have High Testosterones.......

Re: Low testosterone supplementing? [Re: SkeeterGuy1] #14351987 04/25/22 03:25 PM
Dan90210 ☮ Offline
Jr Deputy Dan
Jr Deputy Dan
Originally Posted by SkeeterGuy1
Do your own research on Tongkat Ali....it's a natural supplement (A root) to add to you diet to increase testosterone. You can find it on Amazon, but like I said do your own research first. There's some clinical studies over it.

This stuff actually works and has several other health benefits. It does not increase T rather frees it from cells to move around and do what T do.

There are multiple peer reviewed studies on it that all show similar results. I talked about it with my Doc and she said "Well should we check your T?" and I said nah, I have no indications of low T. But you know... why not?

She said when I look at your blood work if anything is off you stop taking it. I said cool. Blood work was fine and she said ok. I have no concerns if you want to take it.

But you know... do your own research and talk to your Doc would be my suggestion. I have not noticed it doing much but then again... I did not really have issue just figured more free T is better than less right? Its not expensive and by all reports is safe so... maybe consider it.

Re: Low testosterone supplementing? [Re: z289sec] #14362949 05/09/22 12:43 AM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by z289sec
If you get off TRT, eventually your body will start producing Testosterone again. However stopping cold turkey, and not using estrogen blockers will cause a myriad of problems. I was on it for a while, and it made a huge difference. But my insurance stopped paying for it, so I had to whittle myself off of it at my expense, as it was very expensive with no insurance to help out. I'm back to the same levels I had prior to starting TRT. My biggest problem was FREE testosterone levels. Blood testosterone was at the low end of normal. My Free level, last time I was checked was 2.6 The bottom end of the normal scale is about 4.0 ( for men my age) My blood test level is 306, with bottom of normal being 300. Now that I know what the symptoms of low T are, and know what it feels like to have them at normal levels, I've had it my entire life.

I tried many natural remedies to raise my level, and it would bump my blood test level a couple numbers, but the Free test level never moved. And that is the number that is most critical, and has the biggest impact on the way you feel.

My insurance wouldn’t cover the gel, I use a goodrx coupon and it’s like 70 bucks a month.

Re: Low testosterone supplementing? [Re: lakeforkfisherman] #14362951 05/09/22 12:45 AM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman
For what its worth- I do 2 pumps of Androgel each morning. My T was around 430. After 3 months, it is now just over 600. I feel much better than I did before. Sleep better. I am more focused, my workouts are more productive and of course libido is improved.

430? Mine was down to like 50…lol. Back up to 600 now and it’s worth every penny.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide