Forums59
Topics1,039,218
Posts13,961,130
Members144,196
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Vexus Boats Announces Major Expansion [Re: Ozark Clark] #14152704 10/06/21 07:42 PM
Sinkey Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Hard to believe expanding after the year most manufacturers had last year going into this year. From my take and talking to alot of guys in the industry, EVERY boat company struggled last year with supplies, parts, motors, etc. Took some guys almost 9 months to get boats. Most are catching up right now, but hard to say anyone had a blow out year last year or this year. No matter what the boat brand.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Vexus Boats Announces Major Expansion [Re: Ozark Clark] #14152709 10/06/21 07:53 PM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
New boat company
Hey 1st year sales exceed expectations
Hey lets expand
Economy slows
Hey we need to sell or file bankruptcy
Wash, Rinse, Repeat

Re: Vexus Boats Announces Major Expansion [Re: tmd11111] #14152773 10/06/21 08:54 PM
WLBDallas Offline
Angler
Angler
Originally Posted by tmd11111
New boat company
Hey lets expand
Economy slows
Wash, Rinse, Repeat

BINGO

Re: Vexus Boats Announces Major Expansion [Re: tmd11111] #14152926 10/06/21 11:43 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
New boat company
Hey lets expand
Economy slows
Wash, Rinse, Repeat

For sure, see Earl Bentz. I love the new Caymus but his history scares me off from them.

Last edited by SC-001; 10/06/21 11:43 PM.
Re: Vexus Boats Announces Major Expansion [Re: SC-001] #14153026 10/07/21 01:23 AM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by SC-001
New boat company
Hey lets expand
Economy slows
Wash, Rinse, Repeat

For sure, see Earl Bentz. I love the new Caymus but his history scares me off from them.

Does not scare me at all, I believe when he decides to get out it will be an employee owned company, at least it would not surprise me if that happened.

[Linked Image]
Re: Vexus Boats Announces Major Expansion [Re: Happykamper] #14153041 10/07/21 01:41 AM
L
Lone_Wolf Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by Happykamper

Does not scare me at all, I believe when he decides to get out it will be an employee owned company, at least it would not surprise me if that happened.

LOL good luck with that, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, I think we've all patterned 'ol Earl by now...

Re: Vexus Boats Announces Major Expansion [Re: Lone_Wolf] #14153344 10/07/21 12:46 PM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf

LOL good luck with that, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, I think we've all patterned 'ol Earl by now...

I guess we shall see, never understood what the big deal was as far as selling ones business, it happens all the time. how many times was Ranger sold, they are still here.

[Linked Image]
Re: Vexus Boats Announces Major Expansion [Re: SC-001] #14153353 10/07/21 12:57 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by SC-001
New boat company
Hey lets expand
Economy slows
Wash, Rinse, Repeat

If you like the boat. What does it matter if he sells the company after you buy one?

Re: Vexus Boats Announces Major Expansion [Re: Happykamper] #14153357 10/07/21 12:58 PM
WLBDallas Offline
Angler
Angler

I guess we shall see, never understood what the big deal was as far as selling ones business, it happens all the time. how many times was Ranger sold, they are still here.

I think the difference is the intellectual property, brand awareness and longevity of Ranger. Private equity bought them, doubled their money and moved on. Now the largest distributor network in the country owns them and they have purchasing synergies that are second to none on raw materials and other boat building needs.

I believe history has shown that 1 or 2 boat brand companies with no real purchasing power cannot survive during a recession. I think every outdoors company did well in 2020, look at Johnson Outdoor's stock price. Looking back during long periods of economic slowdown, the small companies struggle to maintain positive cash flow and ultimately look for an exit. Earl has done it how many times?

Re: Vexus Boats Announces Major Expansion [Re: WLBDallas] #14153381 10/07/21 01:09 PM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by WLBDallas

I think the difference is the intellectual property, brand awareness and longevity of Ranger. Private equity bought them, doubled their money and moved on. Now the largest distributor network in the country owns them and they have purchasing synergies that are second to none on raw materials and other boat building needs.

I believe history has shown that 1 or 2 boat brand companies with no real purchasing power cannot survive during a recession. I think every outdoors company did well in 2020, look at Johnson Outdoor's stock price. Looking back during long periods of economic slowdown, the small companies struggle to maintain positive cash flow and ultimately look for an exit. Earl has done it how many times?

I believe Triton was far from being a small company , not sure on the financials, again not sure why anyone would care about who owns a company as long as they have a good product

[Linked Image]
Re: Vexus Boats Announces Major Expansion [Re: Happykamper] #14153462 10/07/21 01:43 PM
WLBDallas Offline
Angler
Angler
Ownership doesn't necessarily matter, but lifetime hull warranties and or someone around to service or obtain parts is important to most. Look at the value of boats being sold with Evinrude engines. They are depressed and it is hard to get support for repairs, parts, etc. I think that's why a lot of people stick with major brands that we know will be around or have been around for years. I wouldn't own a Nitro, but I don't think they are going anywhere and that stability and price help them sell boats.

Re: Vexus Boats Announces Major Expansion [Re: Ozark Clark] #14153501 10/07/21 02:25 PM
G
GRUMPS Online Content
Angler
Online Content
Angler
G
Well, I guess you guys can call me a dummy but I've had my VX20 (20' 11") a year next month and I absolutely love it. Do I think it's the prettiest boat on the water - NO. But then I didn't buy it for it's looks; bought it for the ride, the drive, and how it fishes. I came out of a Legend V20 which was a great boat for me and the prettiest I've ever owned. There are things I liked about the Legend better than the Vexus and visa versa. But the air ride seats absolutely make it the most comfortable bass boat I've ever been in. It is different than any other bass boat out there, it is more like a milti-species boat I guess. Has a deep V that makes it very resopnsive and smooth. It will get in more shallow water than my Legend would and it way easier to manuver in tight spots. It isn't a fast boat as it is big and heavy and will only run 70 to 71 loaded with two big guys, but I run 60 to 65 max usually so speed isn't a big factor for me. It will run on plane at 15 to 20 mph, once you learn how to trim it, and for me that's great in rough water and I stay dry. Harder to load on the trailer than any other boat i've owned, maybe I just haven't figured it out yet but the trailer bunks have to be out of the water more than any I've seen. As far as price goes I'm in it at the same price as my Legend and it's pretty much in line with all the others. They are all too expensive but what isn't these days. As an old toot it is just perfect for me and is very well built. Probably not for everyone but we are all different. If I was buying today and not a Vexus it would be a Phoenix which I had before the Legend.

Re: Vexus Boats Announces Major Expansion [Re: Ozark Clark] #14153807 10/07/21 06:25 PM
B
Bayou Burner Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Owner of 6th Sense(Casey Sobzack) owns one, nice boat.

"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

John Wayne

ADHAERO VIRTUTI
Re: Vexus Boats Announces Major Expansion [Re: Ozark Clark] #14154929 10/08/21 08:18 PM
W
Walker61 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
W
Every one has opinions and most of them stink. My brother in-law has a Vexus and I can tell you it draws in people like bees to the honey. Lots of ooos and aaaahs. People want to talk about it. Want to get it and check it out. It a very nice boat. Rides great, fishes great. And gets lots of attention in the water. He reported the whole experience as a great one. Sales, and service, the boats performs really well. So like I said most people have no idea. I glad those boys are doing well enough to announce an expansions. Good for them. And we will all keep reading these stinky opinions of those who really don’t know. There are many fine boat manufacturers out there.

Re: Vexus Boats Announces Major Expansion [Re: Walker61] #14154957 10/08/21 08:53 PM
C
ChanceHuiet Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Walker61
Every one has opinions and most of them stink. My brother in-law has a Vexus and I can tell you it draws in people like bees to the honey. Lots of ooos and aaaahs. People want to talk about it. Want to get it and check it out. It a very nice boat. Rides great, fishes great. And gets lots of attention in the water. He reported the whole experience as a great one. Sales, and service, the boats performs really well. So like I said most people have no idea. I glad those boys are doing well enough to announce an expansions. Good for them. And we will all keep reading these stinky opinions of those who really don’t know. There are many fine boat manufacturers out there.

Ahhh see there in lies the problem. Your first sentence. Opinions. Just because someone's opinion doesn't line up to yours doesn't make it wrong. That's the whole problem with our society today.

Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman
I can backlash toilet paper.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide