Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Empty Shelves [Re: Stump jumper] #14145234 09/29/21 05:58 PM
Mudshark Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Stump jumper
Originally Posted by Emit R Detsaw
We had a shortage of distilled water a few weeks back as the local hospital was putting more covid people on CPAP machines. Stores have stayed pretty stocked here. Biggest shortages in town remain new autos and appliances.

Are they putting the on CPAP machines because they are out of ventilators? I thought CPAPs are for people with sleep apnea. I see outages every time I go to Wal Mart. Wal Mart purchasing agents were clueless even before Covid. Last time is was 75-90 gear oil. They had 2 80-90.

There is a huge shortage of Cpap machines because Phillips had a major recall a while back and they still don’t have much of a supply.

[Linked Image]

Re: Empty Shelves [Re: Pilothawk] #14145235 09/29/21 06:01 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
JIT supply chains are great, until they aren't.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Empty Shelves [Re: V-Bottom] #14145244 09/29/21 06:08 PM
buda13 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by V-Bottom
Container ships are being backed up really bad.

This is the biggest problem… all those goods from Overseas are sitting idle off the coast waiting to offload. Delayed by weeks. Once they get em off the ship only so many can go via rail and on the trucking end there’s a chassis shortage and a driver shortage. It’s a backlog with no end in sight.

Re: Empty Shelves [Re: Pilothawk] #14145247 09/29/21 06:11 PM
J
JWfish Offline
Angler
Angler
J
Everyone that I shop at hasn’t had Gatorade in the 6/8 packs in months. Suspiciously, They have plenty of another brand that is twice as much. Also hard to find some pickled items like pickled okra and any type of Clausen Pickles. What’s up with that?

Re: Empty Shelves [Re: buda13] #14145248 09/29/21 06:11 PM
Derek 🐝 Online Shocked
Queen of Bees
Online Shocked
Queen of Bees
Originally Posted by buda13

This is the biggest problem… all those goods from Overseas are sitting idle off the coast waiting to offload. Delayed by weeks. Once they get em off the ship only so many can go via rail and on the trucking end there’s a chassis shortage and a driver shortage. It’s a backlog with no end in sight.

Took about 3 months for a couple of my containers to get unloaded then loaded onto rail in LA. It's insane. And now the container shipping cost has gotten ridiculous.

Ebolacane Researcher
CovidNado Chaser
McRib Pro Staff
Team Beans
Re: Empty Shelves [Re: Derek 🐝] #14145270 09/29/21 06:28 PM
Hard Rain Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Derek 🐝

Took about 3 months for a couple of my containers to get unloaded then loaded onto rail in LA. It's insane. And now the container shipping cost has gotten ridiculous.

You are spot on I am retired but still keep in touch with my previous import broker which is buda13’s brother. He says still a backlog at all west coast ports. Some of the newer container ships can hold over 10,000 x 40’ containers. They must be unloaded and either put on a chassis or rail car and both in very short supply at present. Plus the delay in returning the containers makes for more delays from the exporter. It does not sound like this can quickly be resolved and delays will continue.

Re: Empty Shelves [Re: Mark Perry] #14145279 09/29/21 06:32 PM
M
Monty Wright Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Gatorade is tough to find. You can find that new yankee Dingaling beer everywhere though.

We haven't found any Gatorade Zero in a while now. Occasionally come across normal Gatorade.

[Linked Image]

Half Past First Cast
^^^Worth a look^^^
Re: Empty Shelves [Re: Monty Wright] #14145280 09/29/21 06:34 PM
Hard Rain Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Monty Wright
Gatorade is tough to find. You can find that new yankee Dingaling beer everywhere though.

We haven't found any Gatorade Zero in a while now. Occasionally come across normal Gatorade.

Yeah both Gatorade and Powerade in Zero have been in short supply lately. Personally I prefer the Powerade Zero but either will work. Most other goods at places I shop have been stocked but not these items.

Re: Empty Shelves [Re: Hard Rain] #14145297 09/29/21 06:42 PM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Hard Rain

Yeah both Gatorade and Powerade in Zero have been in short supply lately. Personally I prefer the Powerade Zero but either will work. Most other goods at places I shop have been stocked but not these items.

Both are my go to drinks and seems the shelves are empty of them by me.

Re: Empty Shelves [Re: Stump jumper] #14145324 09/29/21 06:57 PM
E
Emit R Detsaw Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E
We had a shortage of distilled water a few weeks back as the local hospital was putting more covid people on CPAP machines. Stores have stayed pretty stocked here. Biggest shortages in town remain new autos and appliances.

Are they putting the on CPAP machines because they are out of ventilators? I thought CPAPs are for people with sleep apnea. I see outages every time I go to Wal Mart. Wal Mart purchasing agents were clueless even before Covid. Last time is was 75-90 gear oil. They had 2 80-90.

Partially because of the ventilator crunch, but they were using CPAPs and BiPAPs for people that were struggling to breath, but not bad enough to go on a ventilator per our county's health department. Many CPAPs can also have an oxygen feed with them. Much better for you than having to be ventilated. Our county was one of the top 50 counties in the USA for a couple weeks. Hospital only has 14 ICU beds but they had 22 people on ventilators and 80+ covid patients in the hospital. We were up to 3 or 4 dying a day. Things have gotten better though.

May you be treated the way you treat other people, today and everyday!

Re: Empty Shelves [Re: Mudshark] #14145328 09/29/21 07:00 PM
E
Emit R Detsaw Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by Mudshark

There is a huge shortage of Cpap machines because Phillips had a major recall a while back and they still don’t have much of a supply.

Not all of the Phillips machines are in the recall. The one the VA issued me is the same type, but there is a link you can check your serial number and if it is one of the recall machines you get put on a list to have yours replaced. https://www.philipssrcupdate.expertinquiry.com/?ulang=en

May you be treated the way you treat other people, today and everyday!

Re: Empty Shelves [Re: tmd11111] #14145339 09/29/21 07:05 PM
M
Monty Wright Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted by tmd11111

Both are my go to drinks and seems the shelves are empty of them by me.

I'll have to try the Powerade Zero when I find them

[Linked Image]

Half Past First Cast
^^^Worth a look^^^
Re: Empty Shelves [Re: Pilothawk] #14145342 09/29/21 07:07 PM
F
Flip Flop Fisher Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
the vice prez was caught on a show/interview/something saying if you want your Christmas presents on time you better order now, and that was a while ago. She should know

Re: Empty Shelves [Re: Pilothawk] #14145356 09/29/21 07:17 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
[Linked Image]

So they just raise prices. Just got this today, probably the largest manufacturer of this stuff there is.

Re: Empty Shelves [Re: Hard Rain] #14145369 09/29/21 07:31 PM
Mark C Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Derek 🐝

You are spot on I am retired but still keep in touch with my previous import broker which is buda13’s brother. He says still a backlog at all west coast ports. Some of the newer container ships can hold over 10,000 x 40’ containers. They must be unloaded and either put on a chassis or rail car and both in very short supply at present. Plus the delay in returning the containers makes for more delays from the exporter. It does not sound like this can quickly be resolved and delays will continue.

I ready where the ports on the west coast want to go to 24X7 operations, but they're saying that won't do any good until the rest of the supply chain in North America does the same thing. It's a mess right now.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy...-ports-jostle-over-how-to-resolve-delays

Originally Posted by TexasBlonde
You are not a good or nice person.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide