Re: Another Sad Covid Loss [Re: Razorback] #14137462 09/22/21 07:43 AM
B
Bobby Milam Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Originally Posted by Razorback
Originally Posted by coachallentca

The question is why are so many healthcare people against getting the shot? What do they know that we don't?

How many are "so many"?

My best friend is a hospital administrator in another state. His system implemented a "get the vaccine or find another job" policy. They expect to lose 10% of their nursing staff. That means 90% will be vaccinated.

And of that 90%, there are those who are against taking the vaccine but cannot afford to lose the job and are giving in. My doctors are totally against the vaccine. The entire COVID situation became political so fast that they bend the numbers to what they want them to be so no one or very few really know what the truth is any more.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Another Sad Covid Loss [Re: Bobby Milam] #14137464 09/22/21 09:03 AM
Greg W Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by Bobby Milam
Originally Posted by Razorback
Originally Posted by coachallentca

The question is why are so many healthcare people against getting the shot? What do they know that we don't?

How many are "so many"?

My best friend is a hospital administrator in another state. His system implemented a "get the vaccine or find another job" policy. They expect to lose 10% of their nursing staff. That means 90% will be vaccinated.

And of that 90%, there are those who are against taking the vaccine but cannot afford to lose the job and are giving in. My doctors are totally against the vaccine. The entire COVID situation became political so fast that they bend the numbers to what they want them to be so no one or very few really know what the truth is any more.

Just look at our site. It's the unvaxed that are passing away. Ask anyone working a covid floor right now. The vaxed are still getting breakthrough infections with Delta but it's the unvaxed in overwhelming numbers that are dying. I'm tired of seeing healthy neighbors and even family members dying needlessly because they won't get vaxed. It's sad beyond measure. We had a healthy 54 year old husband from church die of covid 6 months ago unvaxed. Wife still wouldn't get the vaccine and now she has covid and pneumonia and may not make it. Leave 5 kids with no parents if she doesn't pull through. All because they believed a lie. Scripture says "You shall know the truth and the truth will set you free". But it's not the truth alone that sets us free it's the truth that we know and identify as truth that sets you free. If your doc doesn't support the vaccine at this point ask them what double blind controlled study are they using to back up their position? I'm not a drop dead expert, but do have a degree in Microbioloy and have done rotations through virology labs. So I'd guess I know more than the average Joe. And when the NIH, FDA, and CDC all
get behind the vaccine as safe and strongly effective (not perfect mind you), way to combat this hell, I'm going to listen over a few outliers. My prayer for us all is that the Lord bless you and keep you. That He deliver us out of the bondage of darkness into His marvelous light. I believe that vaccines are God given instruments to keep us healthy. No small pox, no polio, no measles, no whopping cough, limited chicken pox. All because of vaccines. 2 generations ago everyone of those except small pox was a very real threat to children and they died or were maimed from these diseases.

Re: Another Sad Covid Loss [Re: Greg W] #14137660 09/22/21 01:26 PM
WLBDallas Offline
Angler
Angler
Sad that you lost your brother and sister-in-law. On your reaction to the J&J, I know you're 1 in 1M+ statistically to have that reaction and that also sucks. I'm glad you're still here.

For those that won't get the vaccine, when you make that decision, what is the basis? Is it fear of a shot? The fact that this is the first mRNA vaccine? You don't want someone telling you what to do? You just don't care if you live or die? I really would like to know why people make the decision.

We all got the MMR shot when we were kids to go to school. Some of the older folks took the polio vaccine. I don't recall anyone not getting the vaccines we had to get as a kid. Why is this one so different for everyone? No vaccine is 100%, but if this resulted in not dying, wouldn't 2 shots be worth it?

Re: Another Sad Covid Loss [Re: WLBDallas] #14137690 09/22/21 01:46 PM
Uncle Zeek Offline
aka "Dad"
aka "Dad"
Originally Posted by WLBDallas
Sad that you lost your brother and sister-in-law. On your reaction to the J&J, I know you're 1 in 1M+ statistically to have that reaction and that also sucks. I'm glad you're still here.

For those that won't get the vaccine, when you make that decision, what is the basis? Is it fear of a shot? The fact that this is the first mRNA vaccine? You don't want someone telling you what to do? You just don't care if you live or die? I really would like to know why people make the decision.

We all got the MMR shot when we were kids to go to school. Some of the older folks took the polio vaccine. I don't recall anyone not getting the vaccines we had to get as a kid. Why is this one so different for everyone? No vaccine is 100%, but if this resulted in not dying, wouldn't 2 shots be worth it?

My aversion stems all the way back to the experimental drugs the US government was trying to give us in Desert Storm. Too many vets developed long-term neurological problems that are related to those drugs.

After my hospital stay, I'm going to follow whatever advice my primary care doctor gives me. Don't need to come that close to dying again anytime soon.

"Decency is not news; it is buried in the obituaries --but it is a force stronger than crime" ~ Robert A. Heinlein
Artim Law Firm, PLLC
Estate planning & tax attorney
2250 Morriss Road, Suite 205, Flower Mound, Texas 75028
972-746-0758 mobile
zac@artimlegal.com
Re: Another Sad Covid Loss [Re: Uncle Zeek] #14137717 09/22/21 02:12 PM
WLBDallas Offline
Angler
Angler
Originally Posted by Uncle Zeek
Originally Posted by WLBDallas

My aversion stems all the way back to the experimental drugs the US government was trying to give us in Desert Storm. Too many vets developed long-term neurological problems that are related to those drugs.

After my hospital stay, I'm going to follow whatever advice my primary care doctor gives me. Don't need to come that close to dying again anytime soon.

Makes sense. I remember my cousin taking pyridostigmine bromide and it was experimental and was supposed to protect him from nerve gas. He had all kinds of symptoms including memory loss and bad headaches. The FDA didn't approve them, but provided a waiver due to the risk of nerve gas.

That's all I did as well. I asked my primary care provider if I should and he recommended Pfizer or Moderna. Sore shoulder and tired for a day.

Re: Another Sad Covid Loss [Re: T Bird] #14137727 09/22/21 02:15 PM
B
Bass Buster1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
I am vaccinated as I stated previously but I do not understand the vax shaming. For those saying that it is only unvaccinated that are dying and getting sick, you don't know what you are talking about. You are watching the news. My wife is treating people with covid daily, just like the flu, covid mutates. They have to adjust the flu shot every year trying to anticipate which version will be most prevalent, sometimes they get it right and sometimes people die from the flu because the vaccine was off. The covid variants came AFTER the shots were developed rendering the original vaccines less effective. 100% of people can get vaccinated and covid will still exist, it is a man made virus and here to stay. Go get the shot, that is fine, I did(J&J with no issues)and have not been sick while being exposed plenty, but I will also not shame anyone who has not been vaccinated, free country(kind of) their choice. Time to act like Americans, be brave, live life, love God and your neighbor and good grief stop bickering about things you can't control, kung flu is unfortunately here to stay. We ought to be hunting the inventors and those responsible for releasing it rather than in fighting about a shot! Again so sorry for any loss anyone has experienced, we have experienced the same with a close family friend!

See you on the lake and have a great day!
Re: Another Sad Covid Loss [Re: T Bird] #14137742 09/22/21 02:32 PM
WLBDallas Offline
Angler
Angler
Kung Flu, that's funny. Never heard that before.

I don't shame anyone, just wonder how they think about the decision. I love to fish and want to do it until I'm very old. Figure if 2 shots gives me the best chance, why not....

Who knows if it's man made? We'll never know, just speculation and at this point, does it matter? If it came out of China, it's not like we're gonna get to exact some type of justice on them. The US has developed some nasty stuff in our labs, just glad nothing has escaped in my lifetime.

Re: Another Sad Covid Loss [Re: T Bird] #14137744 09/22/21 02:33 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Very sorry for the loss of this gentleman. I pray his family finds strength and peace.

Re: Another Sad Covid Loss [Re: T Bird] #14137806 09/22/21 03:21 PM
B
beartrap Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
I'm 81 years old with severe COPD....about as vulnerable to dying by covid as you can get.......I caught covid and survived with not much more than a runny nose and some chest congestion...there is no doubt in my mind that having had the vaccine saved my life.....
add the fact that 88% of covid patients in hospital have not been vaccinated.....and....96%of doctors have taken the vaccine.....are you smarter than 96% of the doctors?

your choice is to isolate yourself where you have no chance of coming in contact with anybody....or....you gonna be in hospital wishing you had taken the vaccine....

Last edited by beartrap; 09/22/21 03:22 PM.
Re: Another Sad Covid Loss [Re: T Bird] #14138095 09/22/21 09:02 PM
Okie Poke Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
So sorry to hear of Josh's passing...may God bless his family and provide them comfort in their time of grief. angel

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Another Sad Covid Loss [Re: Okie Poke] #14138299 09/23/21 01:13 AM
G
GarySHO Offline
Ice Ice Baby
Ice Ice Baby
G
Originally Posted by Okie Poke
So sorry to hear of Josh's passing...may God bless his family and provide them comfort in their time of grief. angel

[Linked Image]
A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user- Theodore Roosevelt

Broken Bow Lake Fishing Guide

2020 Caymas CX 20 PRO and 250 SHO
Re: Another Sad Covid Loss [Re: T Bird] #14138305 09/23/21 01:21 AM
R
RNF Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
Lots of sad news lately, sorry for everyone who has lost family or friends with this virus.

Re: Another Sad Covid Loss [Re: T Bird] #14140182 09/24/21 11:04 PM
Y
yamaha runner Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Y
Thoughts and prayers to all on here who have lost friends and loved ones. This isn’t the forum to ask if they were vaccinated. We already know the answer…

Re: Another Sad Covid Loss [Re: T Bird] #14140278 09/25/21 01:47 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Prayers for all that have been affected

#MFGA
Re: Another Sad Covid Loss [Re: T Bird] #14140337 09/25/21 03:30 AM
P
Petey50 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
P
The vaccine is good enough for TRUMP, then that's all I need to know, besides literally every Doctor recommends it, unless you have certain problems with vaccines. Get vaccinated, just might save your life!

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide