Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Auto insurance [Re: Frank the Tank] #14136816 09/21/21 03:34 PM
L
lost again Offline
Angler
Angler
L
I shop my auto policies around when they are up for renewal. My homeowners policy I look around every 4-5 months for a better rate.

Re: Auto insurance [Re: Derek ๐Ÿ] #14136826 09/21/21 03:46 PM
O
outfishdya Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
O
Originally Posted by Derek ๐Ÿ
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
Who you guys using? We need to change. Been with Travelers and rates are stupid high, but we also have a 16 year old driver.

Daughter turns 16 next week. Adding her to the policy will be $170.

Double up on theft insurance

Woke up this morning
Got yourself a gun....
Re: Auto insurance [Re: Frank the Tank] #14136828 09/21/21 03:48 PM
J
JCG57 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
I have been shopping auto, house and umbrella policies this week. I get the best auto rate if I stick with Farmers, but best overall is Amica. Big savings if you bundle home and auto with one insurer.

Re: Auto insurance [Re: JCG57] #14136840 09/21/21 03:59 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by JCG57
I have been shopping auto, house and umbrella policies this week. I get the best auto rate if I stick with Farmers, but best overall is Amica. Big savings if you bundle home and auto with one insurer.

the folks I use shop it for me and notify me if there is a better/cheaper co. just paid my 3rd yr with safeco, 1,140.00 full coverage with a 500.00 deductible on everything. they let me pay a full yr. instead of the bs 6 month renewal, state farm was jacking my rates every 6 months, bailed after a lot of yrs. with them.

should be half that with my record but gotta cover all the deadbeats that don't carry any, murica!

Last edited by hopalong; 09/21/21 04:00 PM.
Re: Auto insurance [Re: Frank the Tank] #14136881 09/21/21 04:34 PM
P
Patriot Guard Rider Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
P
USAA. if you're a vet or have a vet in your family you should give them a call.

Absolutely THE BEST customer service in the insurance industry. Call them on the phone and a real person will answer with your name, "Good morning Sgt. Akins. What can we do for you today."

We had a hail storm in Arlington a few years ago and the next morning THEY CALLED ME to see if we were OK or got caught up in the storm. Does your insurance do that?

Just this week I have been fighting with Kemper Ins. over a claim and rent car for an incident that happened two months ago. Their guy at fault and they admit it. Took 6 weeks to get the amount they would pay the body shop, mostly arguing over $40! Wanted to make me pay for a rent car and then get reimbursed by them. Said they would pay up to $30/day. I told them that wasn't enough, and checked with Enterprise. Kemper's negotiated rate with them is $38.99/day + tax. I called USAA just to ask for some guidance and they put me on hold, called Kemper and tried to fix a deal for me, and I wasn't even filing a claim thru them. Would your insurance do that?

Over a 7 week period I called Kemper 9 times to speak to the adjuster. He answered the phone twice ant the other 7 times He never returned my voice mails. Called his boss 3 times - he never call back either. Worst case of customer service I've encountered in76 years of living!

Last edited by Patriot Guard Rider; 09/21/21 04:36 PM.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Family is everything!

Life is precious. We donโ€™t have forever. We have now. This moment. We can choose to love our lives now.

Re: Auto insurance [Re: Frank the Tank] #14136893 09/21/21 04:40 PM
reeltexan Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
Online Happy
TFF Celebrity

Call your agent each and every year and tell them that your auto / home owners policies are up for renewal and you want their price for the next year.
If you don't do this at least every other year, you're probably paying far too much.

ask me how I know

"..The pleasantist angling is to see the fish
Cut with her golden oars the silver stream,
And greedily devour the treacherous bait.
Bill Shakespeare

[Linked Image]
Re: Auto insurance [Re: bigrebar] #14136907 09/21/21 04:53 PM
S
Stump jumper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by bigrebar
Originally Posted by Pat Goff
USAA

Not all of us qualify for USAA. I've never heard anything bad about them either.

I use Farm Bureau. Been with them for years.

I have. There have been several lawsuits against them over roof claims. The ones I know of are in the Houston area and Georgetown I believe.

2200 Bay Champ/200 Mercury Optimax
2017 Tundra TSS 4x4 Crewmax 5.7L
Re: Auto insurance [Re: Patriot Guard Rider] #14136949 09/21/21 05:46 PM
P
pchapin Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
Originally Posted by Patriot Guard Rider

USAA wanted more to cover my two vehicles than Texas Farm Bureau. They would not insure my house for the cost to rebuild.

Absolutely THE BEST customer service in the insurance industry. Call them on the phone and a real person will answer with your name, "Good morning Sgt. Akins. What can we do for you today."

I can and have called my agent several times to ask questions. When not available, I have received a call back the same day.

We had a hail storm in Arlington a few years ago and the next morning THEY CALLED ME to see if we were OK or got caught up in the storm. Does your insurance do that?

Never been called but do receive a letter anytime there is a storm to let me know they are available if needed.

Just this week I have been fighting with Kemper Ins. over a claim and rent car for an incident that happened two months ago. Their guy at fault and they admit it. Took 6 weeks to get the amount they would pay the body shop, mostly arguing over $40! Wanted to make me pay for a rent car and then get reimbursed by them. Said they would pay up to $30/day. I told them that wasn't enough, and checked with Enterprise. Kemper's negotiated rate with them is $38.99/day + tax. I called USAA just to ask for some guidance and they put me on hold, called Kemper and tried to fix a deal for me, and I wasn't even filing a claim thru them. Would your insurance do that?

Been dinged twice in the last 15 years by other drivers. I take my car to the body shop and then call my agent and let them handle it. I have only called another drivers insurance once and was told best to let my agent handle it and send them a bill.

Over a 7 week period I called Kemper 9 times to speak to the adjuster. He answered the phone twice ant the other 7 times He never returned my voice mails. Called his boss 3 times - he never call back either. Worst case of customer service I've encountered in76 years of living!

โ€œNo reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of factโ€
P01135809
Re: Auto insurance [Re: Frank the Tank] #14137054 09/21/21 07:51 PM
T
TexasZman Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
We use Safeco, through an independent agent.

Be Inspired, Inspire those around you.
Re: Auto insurance [Re: pchapin] #14137070 09/21/21 08:09 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted by pchapin
Originally Posted by Patriot Guard Rider

USAA wanted more to cover my two vehicles than Texas Farm Bureau. They would not insure my house for the cost to rebuild.

I can and have called my agent several times to ask questions. When not available, I have received a call back the same day.

Never been called but do receive a letter anytime there is a storm to let me know they are available if needed.

Been dinged twice in the last 15 years by other drivers. I take my car to the body shop and then call my agent and let them handle it. I have only called another drivers insurance once and was told best to let my agent handle it and send them a bill.

Similar good service from my Texas Farm Bureau. That's why I went with them. After Hurricane Rita I had 2 neighbors that got outstanding response from TFB. I had Allstate at the time and their guy (head hunter from NJ) gave me the max without having to file a claim ($5K). But since with all the coastal disasters I hear Allstate has become very difficult to deal with. Have a fish fry next month with all the local TFB agents and members.

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Auto insurance [Re: TexasZman] #14137103 09/21/21 08:43 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by TexasZman

that is who I have, I like that I can pay a full yr. at once, state farm wouldn't let me pay for more than 6 months so they could screw me when renewal came around, raised rates 3 times in a row and last time was a few hundred more for 6 months. I have a perfect driving record, and finally got my credit back in line after the bankruptcy.
safeco seems to be a really good co. and the agents I use are all top notch.

Re: Auto insurance [Re: Derek ๐Ÿ] #14137239 09/21/21 11:29 PM
T
TR176 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Derek ๐Ÿ
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
Who you guys using? We need to change. Been with Travelers and rates are stupid high, but we also have a 16 year old driver.

Daughter turns 16 next week. Adding her to the policy will be $170.

Not bad for a year.

Re: Auto insurance [Re: hopalong] #14137247 09/21/21 11:35 PM
T
TR176 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by hopalong
Originally Posted by TexasZman

that is who I have, I like that I can pay a full yr. at once, state farm wouldn't let me pay for more than 6 months so they could screw me when renewal came around, raised rates 3 times in a row and last time was a few hundred more for 6 months. I have a perfect driving record, and finally got my credit back in line after the bankruptcy.
safeco seems to be a really good co. and the agents I use are all top notch.

I have State Farm since 1976. I stay with them as I have a guaranteed renewal rider that they gave me when I hit 50yo. My truck is a 2013 Ford and I find the premiums reasonable.

Last edited by TR176; 09/21/21 11:36 PM.
Re: Auto insurance [Re: Frank the Tank] #14137256 09/21/21 11:45 PM
J
JIM SR. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
usaa..

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide