Wheeler won AOY MLF #14130375 09/15/21 01:02 PM
A
avid_basser Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
A
Impressive!

That's all I really can say about this guy. I met him very early on in his career at a small derby in Indiana fishing the White River. Even then his passion for the sport was intoxicating.

This dude can wear a flat bill, ring the bell, and do all the goofy sh#t us olds complain about...but still reach the top of the sport.

Congratulations JW!

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Wheeler won AOY MLF [Re: avid_basser] #14130396 09/15/21 01:27 PM
T
TheHaydonSmith Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Congrats! He has definitely put in his time for it!

Re: Wheeler won AOY MLF [Re: avid_basser] #14130437 09/15/21 01:59 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Congrats, he has grown on me the last few years. Considering the year he has had with 3 wins already its insane it wasn't a blowout points win but he had to finish above Ott by several spots to win AOY. They both had crazy good years.

Re: Wheeler won AOY MLF [Re: avid_basser] #14130444 09/15/21 02:04 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Congrats. Does BPT AOY get any extras cash?

Re: Wheeler won AOY MLF [Re: avid_basser] #14130460 09/15/21 02:11 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
I thought they did but since the old 3 year contract got torn up don't know now, the Pro Circuit AOY extra payout went away after the FLW name went away.

Last edited by SC-001; 09/15/21 02:12 PM.
Re: Wheeler won AOY MLF [Re: Mark Perry] #14130467 09/15/21 02:13 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

Re: Wheeler won AOY MLF [Re: Mark Perry] #14130471 09/15/21 02:14 PM
B
Barn Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B

$50K

Re: Wheeler won AOY MLF [Re: avid_basser] #14130824 09/15/21 06:47 PM
R
redskeet100 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
He had a phenomenal year. He is definitely top of the sport at this moment. Guy just gets it done. Looks like Neal is going to win the last event, but to win 3 times, finish 2nd in another, that is dominating.

Re: Wheeler won AOY MLF [Re: avid_basser] #14130838 09/15/21 06:58 PM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Congrats to him, still hope some day there is one major trail and its not MLF

would love to see an Elite Style circuit with 150 - 175 pros that can actually make a living from top to bottom.

Re: Wheeler won AOY MLF [Re: Tiltman] #14130882 09/15/21 07:35 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Tiltman

would love to see an Elite Style circuit with 150 - 175 pros that can actually make a living from top to bottom.

Too many, 40 is the optimum # for the top Tour, then an pro level just below that with the next 110-135 best guys.

Re: Wheeler won AOY MLF [Re: Tiltman] #14130938 09/15/21 08:13 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B

ask the elite series fishermen what percentage of the income the owners share with them from the income that the city pays BASS to hold the classic there?...ask them how much the income they get from the classic expo?,
....ask them how much income they get from the television shows?.......
the owners of major league baseball,NFL and NBA found out 40 years that without players,they couldn't sell seats or TV time....
I don't know what percentage of the venue,TV and sponsor income the 80 MLF pros get but you can bet it's shared......and....you can can also bet that one of these days,BASS is going to be forced to share income and enable it's fishermen to make a living at fishing or lose them....

Re: Wheeler won AOY MLF [Re: beartrap] #14130956 09/15/21 08:28 PM
M
MagFluker Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
rolleyes

Kyle in NC

PB 11.1

Re: Wheeler won AOY MLF [Re: beartrap] #14130964 09/15/21 08:35 PM
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by beartrap

ask the elite series fishermen what percentage of the income the owners share with them from the income that the city pays BASS to hold the classic there?...ask them how much the income they get from the classic expo?,
the owners of major league baseball,NFL and NBA found out 40 years that without players,they couldn't sell seats or TV time....
I don't know what percentage of the venue,TV and sponsor income the 80 MLF pros get but you can bet it's shared......and....you can can also bet that one of these days,BASS is going to be forced to share income and enable it's fishermen to make a living at fishing or lose them....

First and foremost BASS Elite anglers do not work the Classic Expo for BASS....they work it for their own sponsors. Do you thjink all the BPT anglers at the last 2 Classic Expos were there for BASS? If BPT was taking care of them financially 100% they would have no need to work for their sponsors.
Do you have any proof the non angler owners in MLF/BPT get shared revenue? Its not a secret the angler owners get profits there and rightfully so. Are you sure all BPT anglers are being paid? Explain why some anglers leave BPT if they are being paid and automatically make a better living there?

There is a need for BOTH trails. It gives the anglers choices and that is a good thing. Wheeler making $50,000 for AOY is damn nice too. Both trails need to keep on keeping on with what works for them.

Re: Wheeler won AOY MLF [Re: Mark Perry] #14130997 09/15/21 09:11 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B

First and foremost BASS Elite anglers do not work the Classic Expo for BASS....they work it for their own sponsors. Do you thjink all the BPT anglers at the last 2 Classic Expos were there for BASS? If BPT was taking care of them financially 100% they would have no need to work for their sponsors.
Do you have any proof the non angler owners in MLF/BPT get shared revenue? Its not a secret the angler owners get profits there and rightfully so. Are you sure all BPT anglers are being paid? Explain why some anglers leave BPT if they are being paid and automatically make a better living there?

There is a need for BOTH trails. It gives the anglers choices and that is a good thing. Wheeler making $50,000 for AOY is damn nice too. Both trails need to keep on keeping on with what works for them.

the point I'm trying to make is without anglers,there would be no expo and no classic..the classic ,expo and the resulting TV generates huge income for BASS.....is BASS sharing any of this income with the anglers? I don't know but apparently MLF owners didn't think they were doing enough or they could build a better mousetrap....and about 90% or the opriginal 80 are still with them....and....some of the biggest name in FLW apparently believe in them because they had a choice and chose MLF...
believe me I'm neutral in this, got couple friends still with BASS and hope it continues to do well but am just pointing out what I see as the future for both trails....

Last edited by beartrap; 09/15/21 09:18 PM.
Re: Wheeler won AOY MLF [Re: beartrap] #14131011 09/15/21 09:24 PM
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak

the point I'm trying to make is without anglers,there would be no expo and no classic..the classic ,expo and the resulting TV generates huge income for BASS.....is BASS sharing any of this income with the anglers? I don't know but apparently MLF owners didn't think they were doing enough or they could build a better mousetrap....and about 90% or the opriginal 80 are still with them....and....some of the biggest name in FLW apparently believe in them because they had a choice and chose MLF...
believe me I'm neutral in this, got couple friends still with BASS and hope it continues to do well but am just pointing out what I see as the future for both trails....

Sponsors wag the dog in pro fishing. Without them there would be no trails or pro anglers. That TV time you like to so often point out includes an incredible amount if reruns and older shows. Not all are benefitting from that TV time. Just the ones doing well enough to make the cuts. I bet close to half of the BPT guys have not had much if any TV time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide