Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Baiting holes? [Re: the skipper] #14130104 09/15/21 02:00 AM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
I see a run on range cubes and dog food coming ....

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Baiting holes? [Re: the skipper] #14130123 09/15/21 02:12 AM
O
Osbornfishing Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
O
Unlike other states, chumming is legal in Texas and Texas Parks and Wildlife encourages it for catching catfish, so they don’t consider it unsportsmanlike. I chum mainly for carp and buffalo, but chumming will concentrate baitfish and the bass will follow the bait. I even catch one occasionally roflmao

[Linked Image]

Re: Baiting holes? [Re: David Burton] #14130225 09/15/21 04:02 AM
T
the skipper Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by David Burton
Originally Posted by the skipper
Originally Posted by redhornet
I may be the person in question.... I live on rayburn where the shootout was held, and bait all kinds of holes from crappie to bluegill and even an old nasty catfish. I bait a lot of holes and even sink brush piles for bass. So by the original posters logic anyone that fishes one of my brush piles is cheating because you don't know which ones are for bluegill and catfish and have everything from dog food to range cubes and sometimes cheese mixed with dog food and flour sunk with them. Therefore unless you are sure there is nothing but brush down there and it might be cheating if it has something else down there it means you are a cheater if you fish my brush pile...... Sounds pretty stupid to me to even think fishing or baiting a brush pile is cheating considering so many people fish other peoples piles, don't get me wrong once i put it in the water it is not mine and I don' care who fishes it, i have six or seven dozen that are fresh at any given time and if you are on one I go to another or fish one someone else put out. Also most people do not put anything on brush for bass because that makes it have a ton more bluegills etc. on them and makes it easier for the lazy guys to figure out the good ones with their live-scope or whatever brand electronics they are using. I agree with redman above about his dock. If you are spending a ton of time worrying about something like this then you probably are part of the 60% of tournament pro-staffers(see the TFF cartoon) that regularly donates the prize pool. With all the talk about brush one would think all tournaments are won deep. I have caught 30lb stringers with out fishing deeper than 6 ft as well as in 20ft over brush, and more have come shallow than deep at all times of the year. One TX shootout we had 29 lbs and it was all caught in 13 ft of water the next year I had 25 lbs and they were all caught in less that 3 ft. My point is quit worrying about if someone is cheating, the overwhelming majority of guys fishing higher end tournaments have more integrity in their little finger than most people have in their whole body. Most are doing it because we love to compete and go fast in a boat and for a day not worry about our jobs life etc..

I never said it was cheating or anything, yall assumed that. I only asked the question with no intent really. I could care less. You make a lot of accusations that, frankly, you have no clue about. If it tickles your fancy to bait holes then by all means, bait away. Again, I just asked a question and never even said the guy was doing it for the tournament or for bass. My $.02 is if you have to bait to win, you can't fish to begin with but it's not against the rules so I don't really worry about it. Actually I don't really worry about anybody else on the lake or how they fish or what they do. I do me, whether it's in a tournament or just fishing. But since you made the claim, were you out sat evening baiting holes? Describe your boat

Let me see, you start a thread in the "Bass Fishing" section, asking if it is legal, then add snide comments about technicalities... It sure felt like you were with the group calling it cheating, "if that's what was happening." So I wouldn't get so defensive when given an explanation and come back with insults...

I guess you don't know what, I couldn't care less means? It's a conversation, which is what the forum is for. I'm really neutral on the subject. If you want to do it, by all means, have at it. I just asked the question. Yea, it does seem odd the timing of it but if it's not against the rules then why worry. I agree with the guy that said there will be a run on range cubes and meal cubes soon. Lol To be honest I may let curiosity get me to try it to see if it works.

Re: Baiting holes? [Re: Osbornfishing] #14130285 09/15/21 10:58 AM
361V Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Osbornfishing
Unlike other states, chumming is legal in Texas and Texas Parks and Wildlife encourages it for catching catfish, so they don’t consider it unsportsmanlike. I chum mainly for carp and buffalo, but chumming will concentrate baitfish and the bass will follow the bait. I even catch one occasionally roflmao

[Linked Image]

Hey! Get out of my backyard. I mean really my backyard! I’m looking out my windows and can see that dock from my living room! By the way: that’s a real nice bass from this little lake. Nice bass anywhere👍

Re: Baiting holes? [Re: the skipper] #14130305 09/15/21 11:51 AM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
If fishing with live bait, cut bait, hot dogs, balls of corn and Big Red; please chum away until the cow cubes come home. I’d encourage it, because it’s good for the lake ecosystem.

Yes, chumming works for bass—seen lake record size bass caught off of both manual and automatic fish feeder patterns.

[Linked Image]
Re: Baiting holes? [Re: 361V] #14130402 09/15/21 01:36 PM
O
Osbornfishing Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
O
Originally Posted by 361V
Originally Posted by Osbornfishing

[Linked Image]

Hey! Get out of my backyard. I mean really my backyard! I’m looking out my windows and can see that dock from my living room! By the way: that’s a real nice bass from this little lake. Nice bass anywhere👍

It is an interesting lake. Some days it is on fire and other days I don’t get a bite.

Re: Baiting holes? [Re: the skipper] #14131283 09/16/21 02:29 AM
L
LeonSulak Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
L
Where the Astros really cheating a few years ago? Stealing signs has always been a part of the game.

Last edited by LeonSulak; 09/16/21 02:33 AM.

Re: Baiting holes? [Re: the skipper] #14131414 09/16/21 11:45 AM
J
jiggmann Offline
Angler
Angler
J
People been dumping range cubes for catfish for years and years nothing new always someone out there watching you saying your doing something shady mind your business

Re: Baiting holes? [Re: the skipper] #14131613 09/16/21 03:10 PM
R
redhornet Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
Exactly what I was using metaphors to explain. Range cubes and dog food bring catfish which eat bass and everything else. If you want to catch bass you don't bait it with anything you just give them an ambush spot. I also would suggest bass masters probably is the most ethical tournament organization ever, yet please check their library on this and you will find several articles about pros talking about going to a lake in practice and sinking and waypionting hundreds of piles. Please give me an idea of how you write a rule excluding a fish caught from a man made structure? how about docks? Entire bass master tournaments are based on boat docks, show me a natural boat dock? what if you find fish on a ledge and a crappie fisherman comes in and sinks ten piles overnight? Does the tournament director go out and live scope the piles to determine if they are for bass or crappie before making a entire ledge off limits because it has man made structure on it? So are you cheating if you make a long cast with a crank-bait and catch a fish off a pile that you didn't know was there? Are you going to take that 8lber out of your live well and through it back when you live scope the spot and see the pile. What if you live scope a brush pile and its covered with bass but you didn't sink it is that cheating? If the pile is close to the bank on a drop off and may or may not be an old tree that just fell in the lake years ago but was full of sap and did not rot are you sure someone didn't push it in the water? Probably the simple way to realize why it is not against the rules is because TPWD says it is legal because it improves fish habitat in a mature man made reservoir. You don't win because you don't go fishing enough to know what the fish are doing mostly, Its not because the guy winning is cheating. Drive by the guys lake house that does all of the instructional videos on here about Sam Rayburn, what do you think that old pontoon boat is for with no railing on it? It is for sinking brush piles so he doesn't scratch up the new boat. Tip Go see someone around the lake with an old pontoon take the rails off sink your own and then try to win tournaments off of those spots.... GOOD LUCK. Mostly they are not won that way.

Re: Baiting holes? [Re: redhornet] #14131628 09/16/21 03:21 PM
D
Dubee Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Exactly what I was using metaphors to explain. Range cubes and dog food bring catfish which eat bass and everything else. If you want to catch bass you don't bait it with anything you just give them an ambush spot. I also would suggest bass masters probably is the most ethical tournament organization ever, yet please check their library on this and you will find several articles about pros talking about going to a lake in practice and sinking and waypionting hundreds of piles. Please give me an idea of how you write a rule excluding a fish caught from a man made structure? how about docks? Entire bass master tournaments are based on boat docks, show me a natural boat dock? what if you find fish on a ledge and a crappie fisherman comes in and sinks ten piles overnight? Does the tournament director go out and live scope the piles to determine if they are for bass or crappie before making a entire ledge off limits because it has man made structure on it? So are you cheating if you make a long cast with a crank-bait and catch a fish off a pile that you didn't know was there? Are you going to take that 8lber out of your live well and through it back when you live scope the spot and see the pile. What if you live scope a brush pile and its covered with bass but you didn't sink it is that cheating? If the pile is close to the bank on a drop off and may or may not be an old tree that just fell in the lake years ago but was full of sap and did not rot are you sure someone didn't push it in the water? Probably the simple way to realize why it is not against the rules is because TPWD says it is legal because it improves fish habitat in a mature man made reservoir. You don't win because you don't go fishing enough to know what the fish are doing mostly, Its not because the guy winning is cheating. Drive by the guys lake house that does all of the instructional videos on here about Sam Rayburn, what do you think that old pontoon boat is for with no railing on it? It is for sinking brush piles so he doesn't scratch up the new boat. Tip Go see someone around the lake with an old pontoon take the rails off sink your own and then try to win tournaments off of those spots.... GOOD LUCK. Mostly they are not won that way.

Well that's a bunch of nonsensical gibberish

Re: Baiting holes? [Re: Dubee] #14131813 09/16/21 05:42 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Dubee

roflmao

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Baiting holes? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14132071 09/16/21 10:08 PM
G
grout-scout Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

roflmao

What was the cliff note version? That he’s in favor of fish feeding?

Re: Baiting holes? [Re: grout-scout] #14132086 09/16/21 10:26 PM
D
Dubee Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

roflmao

What was the cliff note version? That he’s in favor of fish feeding?

Apparently no one baits holes for tournaments because catfish eat bass. Lol. I read it and have no clue what he meant

Re: Baiting holes? [Re: the skipper] #14132105 09/16/21 10:52 PM
Minner Bucket Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Need to chum Amistad to supplement the lack of baitfish

Re: Baiting holes? [Re: Minner Bucket] #14132607 09/17/21 12:55 PM
F
fishnfireman Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler