Re: Baiting holes? [Re: ezbassin] #14129145 09/14/21 04:10 AM
T
the skipper Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by ezbassin
I guess it is up to you if you choose to cheat. Ask yourself, are you that lousy at fishing that you need to cheat??
If you are, you need to take up golf.

Well, is it technically cheating? If it's not in the rules then it's really not. It's not something I would do but some people can talk themselves into doing things as long as it not technically against any rules.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Baiting holes? [Re: the skipper] #14129212 09/14/21 11:54 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by the skipper
Originally Posted by ezbassin
I guess it is up to you if you choose to cheat. Ask yourself, are you that lousy at fishing that you need to cheat??
If you are, you need to take up golf.

Well, is it technically cheating? If it's not in the rules then it's really not. It's not something I would do but some people can talk themselves into doing things as long as it not technically against any rules.

Is it really any different than making brush piles? Both are designed to being bait fish to a spot that an angler knows of.

If baiting a hole is cheating, so is making brush piles.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Baiting holes? [Re: the skipper] #14129227 09/14/21 12:24 PM
Clark Reehm Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
Do you know for sure that they were baiting them for bass and the guys were in the tournament? If you are talking about Sam Rayburn, there are x3 as many crappie guides out here as there are bass guides and I wouldn't be surprised if what you call "baiting holes" was simply a man doing his job.

Re: Baiting holes? [Re: the skipper] #14129250 09/14/21 12:50 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
there are a few tournament trails in south Florida that have rules against putting dog food in brushpiles then fishing the same piles in a tournament....problem you havewith small trails and especially with bass clubs is that you have too many small minded people who think cheating is something "they didn't think of first" and they want to turn every tournament into a "rules obeying" contest......

Re: Baiting holes? [Re: the skipper] #14129328 09/14/21 02:05 PM
R
rangerb Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
There are some who look for the loop holes in tournaments and taxes. Using those is sporting to them..

Re: Baiting holes? [Re: Clark Reehm] #14129486 09/14/21 04:05 PM
T
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Clark Reehm
Do you know for sure that they were baiting them for bass and the guys were in the tournament? If you are talking about Sam Rayburn, there are x3 as many crappie guides out here as there are bass guides and I wouldn't be surprised if what you call "baiting holes" was simply a man doing his job.

It wouldn't suprise me either. I never said the guy was baiting for bass, because really I don't know what would specifically draw bass to a hole. I don't know who the guy was or exactly what he dumped. I would think a guide wouldn't be out on a Saturday baiting their holes though right in front of people. It looked like dog food to me because he tosses a hand full out to the side and I saw the string that comes off a bag like dog food. I really don't know though. At first I thought he was just messing with rods or something till he just dumped it and left to the next spot. Of course I went to see and there were some piles there so I figure he was baiting those. Maybe just for cats, I don't know. I know most of the guides out there and I haven't seen this guy before. As for the tournament, I couldn't tell you. May just be coincidence

Re: Baiting holes? [Re: rangerb] #14129499 09/14/21 04:10 PM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
If ya aint cheating you aint trying hard enough lol. I know some people who have relocated fish before, reason was to deplete a known community hole and to stock another area with those fish.

[Linked Image]
Re: Baiting holes? [Re: the skipper] #14129502 09/14/21 04:10 PM
5Redman8 Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
What if I have a dock on the lake with a fish feeder?

Should it be against the rules for me to fish my dock?

Re: Baiting holes? [Re: the skipper] #14129579 09/14/21 05:05 PM
F
forkduc Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
People do that for catfish all the time
I doubt this had anything to do with bass

Re: Baiting holes? [Re: the skipper] #14129670 09/14/21 06:55 PM
R
redhornet Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
I may be the person in question.... I live on rayburn where the shootout was held, and bait all kinds of holes from crappie to bluegill and even an old nasty catfish. I bait a lot of holes and even sink brush piles for bass. So by the original posters logic anyone that fishes one of my brush piles is cheating because you don't know which ones are for bluegill and catfish and have everything from dog food to range cubes and sometimes cheese mixed with dog food and flour sunk with them. Therefore unless you are sure there is nothing but brush down there and it might be cheating if it has something else down there it means you are a cheater if you fish my brush pile...... Sounds pretty stupid to me to even think fishing or baiting a brush pile is cheating considering so many people fish other peoples piles, don't get me wrong once i put it in the water it is not mine and I don' care who fishes it, i have six or seven dozen that are fresh at any given time and if you are on one I go to another or fish one someone else put out. Also most people do not put anything on brush for bass because that makes it have a ton more bluegills etc. on them and makes it easier for the lazy guys to figure out the good ones with their live-scope or whatever brand electronics they are using. I agree with redman above about his dock. If you are spending a ton of time worrying about something like this then you probably are part of the 60% of tournament pro-staffers(see the TFF cartoon) that regularly donates the prize pool. With all the talk about brush one would think all tournaments are won deep. I have caught 30lb stringers with out fishing deeper than 6 ft as well as in 20ft over brush, and more have come shallow than deep at all times of the year. One TX shootout we had 29 lbs and it was all caught in 13 ft of water the next year I had 25 lbs and they were all caught in less that 3 ft. My point is quit worrying about if someone is cheating, the overwhelming majority of guys fishing higher end tournaments have more integrity in their little finger than most people have in their whole body. Most are doing it because we love to compete and go fast in a boat and for a day not worry about our jobs life etc..

Re: Baiting holes? [Re: redhornet] #14129755 09/14/21 08:21 PM
Clark Reehm Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by redhornet
I may be the person in question.... I live on rayburn where the shootout was held, and bait all kinds of holes from crappie to bluegill and even an old nasty catfish. I bait a lot of holes and even sink brush piles for bass. So by the original posters logic anyone that fishes one of my brush piles is cheating because you don't know which ones are for bluegill and catfish and have everything from dog food to range cubes and sometimes cheese mixed with dog food and flour sunk with them. Therefore unless you are sure there is nothing but brush down there and it might be cheating if it has something else down there it means you are a cheater if you fish my brush pile...... Sounds pretty stupid to me to even think fishing or baiting a brush pile is cheating considering so many people fish other peoples piles, don't get me wrong once i put it in the water it is not mine and I don' care who fishes it, i have six or seven dozen that are fresh at any given time and if you are on one I go to another or fish one someone else put out. Also most people do not put anything on brush for bass because that makes it have a ton more bluegills etc. on them and makes it easier for the lazy guys to figure out the good ones with their live-scope or whatever brand electronics they are using. I agree with redman above about his dock. If you are spending a ton of time worrying about something like this then you probably are part of the 60% of tournament pro-staffers(see the TFF cartoon) that regularly donates the prize pool. With all the talk about brush one would think all tournaments are won deep. I have caught 30lb stringers with out fishing deeper than 6 ft as well as in 20ft over brush, and more have come shallow than deep at all times of the year. One TX shootout we had 29 lbs and it was all caught in 13 ft of water the next year I had 25 lbs and they were all caught in less that 3 ft. My point is quit worrying about if someone is cheating, the overwhelming majority of guys fishing higher end tournaments have more integrity in their little finger than most people have in their whole body. Most are doing it because we love to compete and go fast in a boat and for a day not worry about our jobs life etc..

flag

Re: Baiting holes? [Re: the skipper] #14129761 09/14/21 08:28 PM
Sinkey Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Im drop shotting Kibbles and Bits from now on on Rayburn! No doubt! bolt

Re: Baiting holes? [Re: ReelSlow] #14129762 09/14/21 08:29 PM
H
H&H Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Originally Posted by ReelSlow
Originally Posted by Texan Til I Die
Steak bones, pork chop bones, chicken bones, really anything with a little meat left on it will draw in tons of minnows and guess what follows the minnows? And I agree, it shouldn't be legal for tournament fishing, but I don't think I've ever seen it strictly forbidden in the rules.

what if you tied a cinder block to a hog?

That is what Munday did I bet. Those big girls looked like they had baby pineywood rooters in there bellys. They are great bait and they even call them 10 lbers in with all that squealing. Come tournament time tie on a big black jig with a uncle josh pork chuck and hang on LOL. The trick is the pork chunk. Oh wait I don't have any and chances are you probably don't either. Oh well we can always go beat the backs. Hope yall enjoy

Re: Baiting holes? [Re: the skipper] #14129956 09/14/21 11:48 PM
T
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T

I never said it was cheating or anything, yall assumed that. I only asked the question with no intent really. I could care less. You make a lot of accusations that, frankly, you have no clue about. If it tickles your fancy to bait holes then by all means, bait away. Again, I just asked a question and never even said the guy was doing it for the tournament or for bass. My $.02 is if you have to bait to win, you can't fish to begin with but it's not against the rules so I don't really worry about it. Actually I don't really worry about anybody else on the lake or how they fish or what they do. I do me, whether it's in a tournament or just fishing. But since you made the claim, were you out sat evening baiting holes? Describe your boat

Last edited by the skipper; 09/14/21 11:55 PM.
Re: Baiting holes? [Re: the skipper] #14129997 09/15/21 12:29 AM
D
David Burton Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted by the skipper

I never said it was cheating or anything, yall assumed that. I only asked the question with no intent really. I could care less. You make a lot of accusations that, frankly, you have no clue about. If it tickles your fancy to bait holes then by all means, bait away. Again, I just asked a question and never even said the guy was doing it for the tournament or for bass. My $.02 is if you have to bait to win, you can't fish to begin with but it's not against the rules so I don't really worry about it. Actually I don't really worry about anybody else on the lake or how they fish or what they do. I do me, whether it's in a tournament or just fishing. But since you made the claim, were you out sat evening baiting holes? Describe your boat

Let me see, you start a thread in the "Bass Fishing" section, asking if it is legal, then add snide comments about technicalities... It sure felt like you were with the group calling it cheating, "if that's what was happening." So I wouldn't get so defensive when given an explanation and come back with insults...

David Burton
2015 Skeeter FX 21 +Ultrex +Helix 12 (x3) +Mega360 +MegaLive
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide