Forums59
Topics1,038,787
Posts13,952,828
Members144,177
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Work rolled down, get the shot or get tested once a week [Re: n2ratfishin] #14125307 09/10/21 02:43 PM
chickenman Online Sick
1:28
Online Sick
1:28
Originally Posted by n2ratfishin
Add 100 a month to your budget for the people testing at home once a week, thats on top of all the current inflation numbers.

I would think employers are picking up that tab.

[Linked Image]
Re: Work rolled down, get the shot or get tested once a week [Re: chickenman] #14125319 09/10/21 02:48 PM
E
Emit R Detsaw Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by chickenman
Add 100 a month to your budget for the people testing at home once a week, thats on top of all the current inflation numbers.

If the Federal Government is requiring it, if I were an employer or employee, I would be making sure the Federal Government was paying for it. I don't think the Federal Government should require anything they don't fund. Of course, that comes out of your tax dollars in the end.

May you be treated the way you treat other people, today and everyday!

Re: Work rolled down, get the shot or get tested once a week [Re: Emit R Detsaw] #14125329 09/10/21 02:54 PM
J
JCG57 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Emit R Detsaw

If the Federal Government is requiring it, if I were an employer or employee, I would be making sure the Federal Government was paying for it. I don't think the Federal Government should require anything they don't fund. Of course, that comes out of your tax dollars in the end.

Not how it works. The Feds (and states) require many things from companies that the businesses have to fund (tax compliance, OSHA, DOL and EPA regs, etc.). The companies will try to offset the costs with price increases resulting in more inflation.

Re: Work rolled down, get the shot or get tested once a week [Re: JCG57] #14125332 09/10/21 02:56 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by JCG57

Not how it works. The Feds (and states) require many things from companies that the businesses have to fund (tax compliance, OSHA, DOL and EPA regs, etc.). The companies will try to offset the costs with price increases resulting in more inflation.

Plus lost productivity from a further reduced workforce.

Re: Work rolled down, get the shot or get tested once a week [Re: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI] #14125333 09/10/21 02:56 PM
N
n2ratfishin Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
N
https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandto...-pay-for-mandatory-covid-19-testing.aspx

Here is what Society Human for Resource Management says about the test.

The way I read this I see plenty more cost being put on the business. Those cost will only add to the inflation ratio.

I'm still waiting on the results from my test at 0900 CDT yesterday.

Re: Work rolled down, get the shot or get tested once a week [Re: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI] #14125342 09/10/21 03:07 PM
D
Droyhef Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
Its also already been put out by the cdc that the vaccine is not stopping transmission even among fully vaccinated people. It looks like there is some individual benefit for some people, but its a very difficult sell on people that have already had it especially if they had a minor case. Im being ordered to get a vaccine for a virus I already had to keep me from spreading it people that are free to get vaccinated against it if they want. Remember where the cdc has already said people with the vax can still spread it? It defies reason, and it throws out science. This quit being about trying to help abate a real pandemic a long time ago and it has been politcized from the start.

When you step back and look at the lefts actions on Covid they have been wrong from the start.

First it was this wont be a problem for americans and your a racist for saying it will, then its all trumps fault, then its i wont take any vaccine trump had a hand in, then its hold announcement of vaccine until right after election, then after trumps out now its you have to get the shot we said you shouldnt and if you dont your a racist and a science denier. These people dont have anything on a fish.

http://www.texasmegafishadventures.com
Guided rod and reel fishing trips for Alligator gar on the Trinity River as well as some other places
903-721-4296
dawson@texasmegafishadventures.com
Re: Work rolled down, get the shot or get tested once a week [Re: chickenman] #14125379 09/10/21 03:39 PM
Notaguide Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler

Well you are wrong. My wifes company says that all employees (well except telework somehow) have to provide proof of vaccine or be tested weekly. no time off to get tested will be allotted. at home tests are not allowed. must make an appointment to be tested with a nose broomstick weekly. All at employees full expense.

Re: Work rolled down, get the shot or get tested once a week [Re: Notaguide] #14125387 09/10/21 03:49 PM
H
H.Town_paddler Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by Notaguide

Well you are wrong. My wifes company says that all employees (well except telework somehow) have to provide proof of vaccine or be tested weekly. no time off to get tested will be allotted. at home tests are not allowed. must make an appointment to be tested with a nose broomstick weekly. All at employees full expense.

Depends on the company. My company implemented vax or weekly test a few weeks ago. The test is performed at any CVS on company time at the companies expense… for now.

Re: Work rolled down, get the shot or get tested once a week [Re: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI] #14125394 09/10/21 04:00 PM
donothin Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
We are all picking up the tab for those not getting vaccinated. It will be reflected in higher insurance rates for us all.

Re: Work rolled down, get the shot or get tested once a week [Re: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI] #14125402 09/10/21 04:06 PM
donothin Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
There is a very high correlation between those who are not vaccinated and those hospitalized with the Covid which is a strong indication but not proof as it is not a controlled study. Since most anti vaxxers are Republicans, there is probably a high correlation between Republicans being hospitalized with Covid falsely indicating that being a Republican causes Covid hospitalization. Not true, but illustrates how a wrong conclusion can be drawn from correlations. It may not be a cause and effect relationship.

Re: Work rolled down, get the shot or get tested once a week [Re: donothin] #14125409 09/10/21 04:12 PM
R
RickS. Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by donothin
We are all picking up the tab for those not getting vaccinated. It will be reflected in higher insurance rates for us all.

So you're saying the positive from all of this is that some liberals will actually pay for something?

Re: Work rolled down, get the shot or get tested once a week [Re: donothin] #14125414 09/10/21 04:20 PM
S
steveiam Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
There is a very high correlation between those who are not vaccinated and those hospitalized with the Covid which is a strong indication but not proof as it is not a controlled study. Since most anti vaxxers are Republicans, there is probably a high correlation between Republicans being hospitalized with Covid falsely indicating that being a Republican causes Covid hospitalization. Not true, but illustrates how a wrong conclusion can be drawn from correlations. It may not be a cause and effect relationship.

Another idiotic thing to say-

But you are consistent-

What has happed to you does not define who you are-

HOW you react to what happens to you DOES!
Re: Work rolled down, get the shot or get tested once a week [Re: JCG57] #14125443 09/10/21 05:06 PM
E
Emit R Detsaw Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by JCG57

I didn't say that is how it works, I just said that I don't think the government should require anything that they don't fund. jmo

May you be treated the way you treat other people, today and everyday!

Re: Work rolled down, get the shot or get tested once a week [Re: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI] #14125444 09/10/21 05:08 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
This is a reason why you cannot give these people any power over personal freedoms.

"I loved the speech; I wish he had gone further. I wanted the president to restrict travel this holiday season to people who've been vaccinated," CNN Medical Analyst Dr. Jonathan Reiner said.

Re: Work rolled down, get the shot or get tested once a week [Re: donothin] #14125445 09/10/21 05:10 PM
S
Sawhorse Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S

My grandson has a goldfish. Goldfish rank just slightly above pea gravel on intelligence tests. I read this^^ post to my grandson’s goldfish…it asked me if pea gravel authored the post.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide