Forums59
Topics1,038,967
Posts13,956,606
Members144,184
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Work rolled down, get the shot or get tested once a week [Re: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI] #14125105 09/10/21 11:31 AM
Moto-Moto Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
popcorn2

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Moto-Moto; 09/10/21 11:32 AM.
Re: Work rolled down, get the shot or get tested once a week [Re: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI] #14125109 09/10/21 11:35 AM
buda13 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Guy being buried today… his wife has the shot and had been begging him to get it. He fought her all the way citing a bunch of the same reasons that are on this thread. They both got sick at the same time, she recovered to 100% in about a week and 10 days after that he died on the vent. His 2 young kids don’t have a daddy, his grandkids won’t have a grandpa, and now his stay at home wife is left with trying to figure out how to survive and raise those kids with no income. It’s a horrible story that’s unfortunately a true one being played out right now.

For every negative fact you can find to support the anti vax stance I can find one that twists it the other way. Which is right? I can’t say… but I’ve yet to lose anyone I know that’s been vaccinated yet the anti vaxers are getting sick and some are dying on me.

Love y’all and will always side with freedom over mandates no matter what my personal opinion is on the shot. Just tired of losing people.

Re: Work rolled down, get the shot or get tested once a week [Re: Techfisher] #14125113 09/10/21 11:39 AM
rj74955 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Techfisher
Oh now you've done scagnetti...the hallelujah boys will descend here shortly to smite you with their righteousness...:) Religion is a cult...and I live in a state where the "cult" seems to run everybody it seems...:) Some folks can't think for themselves without their preacher telling them what to think...kinda pathetic really. Look at the vaccination rates for Oklahoma. They are very low and a lot of it is because of the religious folks claiming they are protected by some invisible man in the sky or some other nonsense they come up with to not get vaccinated.

Yes I'm sure I'll get jumped on for my comments....

When did you say you’re going to leave? I’m sure your co-workers will throw a big party.

Re: Work rolled down, get the shot or get tested once a week [Re: chickenman] #14125204 09/10/21 01:38 PM
P
patriot07 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by chickenman
Originally Posted by patriot07
I mean, honestly...what good reason is there to not get the shot at this point? There just isn't any really decent reason.

There is a list of reasons as long as my arm. Because you dont care of my reasons does not mean you're right or that you get to determine what I do my body.

According to the CDC’s own numbers, covid has a 99.74% survival rate. We know those numbers are incorrect but use them if you'd like. Why would I take a risk on a product, that doesn’t stop infection or transmission, to help me overcome a cold that has a .26% chance of killing me–actually in my age range is has about a .1% chance of killing me (and .01% chance of killing my kids).

It can’t stop us from spreading the virus. It can’t stop the virus from infecting us once we have it. To get the vaccine is to accept all the risk of these experimental products and the best it might do is lower symptoms.

Anyone who gets the shot is now part of the clinical trial. They are part of the experiment. Those (like me) who do not take it, are part of the control group.

No long term data so we have no idea what this product will do in the body months or years from now.

Given the free pass from liability, no liability.... no trust. 3 of the 4 manufacturers have been sued when they brought to market their products even though they knew injuries and deaths would result. These companies willfully choose to put harmful products in the market, when they can be sued, why would we trust any product where they have no liability?

I have more.

Get it if you want. Dont if you dont. Either way, enjoy your life.

My statement about decent reasons is being measured against the cost of millions of lives that we're seeing.

No, the shot doesn't stop transmission, but it does reduce it. No, it doesn't stop infection, but it limits severity.

"The best it might do is lower symptoms" - not true.
"Anyone who gets the shot now is part of the clinical trial" - not true

The CDC's numbers are based on the original variant, not the delta variant we're seeing now take lives at a much higher rate.

I'm not saying you have to get it and I fully disagree with vaccine mandates just like I disagree with NYC's laws on soda size. But this is effectively the same thing except you drinking a soda only impacts you, while you choosing not to get the vaccine impacts everyone.

What I really don't understand is the pro-life and anti-vaccine crowd. How can you say "it's my body" when the vaccine so obviously impacts the rest of us, but say "it's not just your body" when a woman decides to abort her baby? You can't have it both ways. At least be consistent.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Work rolled down, get the shot or get tested once a week [Re: Moto-Moto] #14125206 09/10/21 01:39 PM
P
patriot07 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by Moto-Moto
popcorn2

[Linked Image]

I like Charlie Kirk, but to be fair, Covid has take hundreds of thousands more American lives than the war in Afghanistan.

- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Work rolled down, get the shot or get tested once a week [Re: RickS.] #14125207 09/10/21 01:41 PM
P
patriot07 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by RickS.
Since a lot of us have the antibodies, why would we get vaccinated? That leaves us 80% protected for a virus with a 99.9% survivability rate.

My stance has been that if you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt tripped, threatened, paid, punished, and criminalized, if all of this is considered necessary to gain your compliance, you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest.

Or half the country is investing in misinformation and scare tactics that drive people to make irrational decisions...

I mean, honestly...what good reason is there to not get the shot at this point? There just isn't any really decent reason. People can choose what they want - I eat too many cheeseburgers, my brother drinks too much, some people dip and smoke, we all do stuff that's not good for us, but that's what staying unvaccinated is - just willful unhealthy decisions that can also hurt others. Making it into anything else is just justifying your own decisions without logic.

I truly understand why you have the position you do on the subject . My condolences to you.
Covid took your dad. I get your pain. A round of pre-K vaccinations took my little girls childhood. Didn't give her autism. Turned her into basically a vegetable for the last 5 years. She will never experience things that all other kids get to. No school, no playgrounds, no running. Just sitting in a special designed chair all day. Staring at the TV. Eating through a tube. Having to have someone change her diaper. Drooling on herself. It literally almost killed her, and she never fully recovered.
I fully understand that cases like hers are extremely rare. That doesn't take away my anger, my sadness, my feeling of betrayal by the medical professionals we trusted. I know it isn't their fault deep down. But I'm human, and I have to live with the after effects every single day.
You say there's no good reason. My reasons are good enough for me. That's all that matters.
I don't try to discourage others from getting it. I 100% believe it's a personal decision. Much like your opinion is based in emotions because of the loss of your dad. My opinion is also based on emotions. I'll admit it. Based on my little girl. The person I cherish more than anyone on this planet. Losing her childhood.
If anyone has a problem with that. They can KMA. (Toned down to avoid the WOS)

Guess I need to retract my statement that there aren't any good reasons...my bad Rick. Thanks for your post and the kindness in your reply

- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Work rolled down, get the shot or get tested once a week [Re: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI] #14125208 09/10/21 01:41 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
I'll flip that, my body my choice from pro abortion folks, you must be vaxxed from the same folks so my body my choice doesnt really matter to them huh.

Re: Work rolled down, get the shot or get tested once a week [Re: buda13] #14125211 09/10/21 01:43 PM
P
patriot07 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by buda13
Guy being buried today… his wife has the shot and had been begging him to get it. He fought her all the way citing a bunch of the same reasons that are on this thread. They both got sick at the same time, she recovered to 100% in about a week and 10 days after that he died on the vent. His 2 young kids don’t have a daddy, his grandkids won’t have a grandpa, and now his stay at home wife is left with trying to figure out how to survive and raise those kids with no income. It’s a horrible story that’s unfortunately a true one being played out right now.

For every negative fact you can find to support the anti vax stance I can find one that twists it the other way. Which is right? I can’t say… but I’ve yet to lose anyone I know that’s been vaccinated yet the anti vaxers are getting sick and some are dying on me.

Love y’all and will always side with freedom over mandates no matter what my personal opinion is on the shot. Just tired of losing people.

This is 100% where I'm at. Fully against mandates but tired of watching people die.

- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Work rolled down, get the shot or get tested once a week [Re: WAWI] #14125213 09/10/21 01:44 PM
P
patriot07 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by WAWI
I'll flip that, my body my choice from pro abortion folks, you must be vaxxed from the same folks so my body my choice doesnt really matter to them huh.

Agreed, neither side makes sense. Very fair point

- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Work rolled down, get the shot or get tested once a week [Re: patriot07] #14125264 09/10/21 02:15 PM
chickenman Offline
1:28
1:28
[What I really don't understand is the pro-life and anti-vaccine crowd. How can you say "it's my body" when the vaccine so obviously impacts the rest of us, but say "it's not just your body" when a woman decides to abort her baby? You can't have it both ways. At least be consistent.

Since I have the antibodies and you are vaccinated, how am I impacting your life?

Premeditated murder and transmission of a virus by vaccinated and non vaccinated people with a 99.7-99.9% survivability rate are apples and oranges.

[Linked Image]
Re: Work rolled down, get the shot or get tested once a week [Re: patriot07] #14125285 09/10/21 02:25 PM
Moto-Moto Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

I like Charlie Kirk, but to be fair, Covid has take hundreds of thousands more American lives than the war in Afghanistan.

Surely you're smart enough to understand that he's talking about the 13 lives lost unnecessarily due to your president and his administration's lack of fortitude and common sense.

Last edited by Moto-Moto; 09/10/21 02:25 PM.
Re: Work rolled down, get the shot or get tested once a week [Re: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI] #14125293 09/10/21 02:35 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
The thing I don't understand is with so many pockets of unvaccinated in the poorest areas of most cities why does Biden not require all on public assistance be required to get it?

Re: Work rolled down, get the shot or get tested once a week [Re: patriot07] #14125299 09/10/21 02:38 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
There will definitely be unvaccinated folks a year from now. They may be poorer from paying for their hospital stay or higher insurance premiums, but there's always crazy people that take a gift of a highly effective vaccine and turn it into something political that they're against. Pure insanity

Biden literally made it political again yesterday though. Read his comments. He is doing what he accuses everyone else of doing.

Re: Work rolled down, get the shot or get tested once a week [Re: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI] #14125301 09/10/21 02:39 PM
N
n2ratfishin Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
N
https://www.cvs.com/shop/home-health-care/home-tests/home-covid-test

Add 100 a month to your budget for the people testing at home once a week, thats on top of all the current inflation numbers.

Most mask are Made in China, anyone know where most test kits are manufactured?

Re: Work rolled down, get the shot or get tested once a week [Re: chickenman] #14125306 09/10/21 02:43 PM
L
LoneStarSon Online Content
Private Dancer
Online Content
Private Dancer
L
[What I really don't understand is the pro-life and anti-vaccine crowd. How can you say "it's my body" when the vaccine so obviously impacts the rest of us, but say "it's not just your body" when a woman decides to abort her baby? You can't have it both ways. At least be consistent.

Since I have the antibodies and you are vaccinated, how am I impacting your life?

Premeditated murder and transmission of a virus by vaccinated and non vaccinated people with a 99.7-99.9% survivability rate are apples and oranges.

Do you know that you have the antibodies? I only ask because I read this week where 36% of those infected later showed not to have the antibodies. I'm getting tested so I'll know for sure. RayBoh posted a link to a university doing a study.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide