Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Bassholes [Re: Catfish Tim] #14113976 08/30/21 08:52 PM
N
nellie Offline
Angler
Angler
N
Maybe I misunderstood this post but are y'all saying the boat was 75 yards which is 225 feet away is not enough room?

I fish for all species from my bass boat and a lot of places I run you don't have a choice to run 75 yard away from other boats, I do not think that is too close.

Just like some of the bank fisherman at Lavon that start waving and yelling at people running 300-500 feet from the shoreline, I have turned around after trying to figure why they were waving and realize there taking drones or kayaks a 1/4 miles out to drop their baits and sometimes balloons, how in the world am I supposed to know they have lines out that far?

Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Bassholes [Re: Catfish Tim] #14113990 08/30/21 09:00 PM
O
Oldrabbit Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
O
Originally Posted by Catfish Tim
Originally Posted by Oldrabbit
Originally Posted by taterpop
Originally Posted by Fishin' Nut
I'm not defending the basshole, but I wonder if he thought it was noodles? I've know some non catters who have never heard of planer boards when I tell them how I fish.

The key word is Thought, they don't do much of that it's wide open all the way. They never think about what a person is doing.They don't have a lot of thought about that person in a smaller boat ether .

I Bass fish and take your post as offensive and untrue. Not all people that have Bass boats are guilty. I also Crappie and Catfish out of my Bass boat. I was taught young to respect other boaters and will come off plane to go past a person in a kayak, flat bottom, smaller boat or even a Bass boat before I will cause them to be rocked by waves. I have had my trotlines cut by folks before and they were well marked. In open water, I will go out of my way to stay away from other boats, it's just common courtesy.

If you noticed, I acknowledged the first two bass boats that came south from the Brockdale ramp were courteous and gave plenty of room. The third guy was the Basshole. Not everybody with a bass boat is this way. But everybody who is this way, seems to have a bass boat.

Thanks, I guess I mistook the jest of the post. I grew up fishing out of a 14' Terry Bass boat fishing with my dad. We fished Caddo Lake and Big Cypress Bayou and learned really quickly that the ski boats don't slow down for anyone.

Re: Bassholes [Re: Catfish Tim] #14113998 08/30/21 09:07 PM
🍀El Gato Azul🍀 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
The picture on Tim’s post says it all. The yahoo was within casting distance and that is too close!!! My guide buddy Steve keeps a 1 oz ready for inconsiderate yahoo’s like that. You go by Steve full speed and you might just get a 1oz up side the head. I’ve seen him bounce a few off bassholes hulls and one day one of those guys called the game warden and then waited there for him to arrive. When the warden showed up to investigate he gave the yahoo a ticket and told us to have a nice day! Pure greatness!!

There is a fine line between fishing and floating around like an idiot!!
texas Check out out my YouTube channel El Gato Azul TV texas
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0aV-uOxzxKxeqFFfREzKg
⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️ Home of little boys holding big catfish! ⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️
Re: Bassholes [Re: Catfish Tim] #14114036 08/30/21 09:31 PM
H
HookaToad Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
H
Quite frankly when I am on the water I typically like to be alone and as far away from other boats as possible. This includes "running full out" across the lake. However, when you are anchored up on the edge of and/or in the middle of the boat lane where its two feet outside the lane, then while i might not go by on plane, I am damn sure I am going by you closer than you want, and I don't care what kind of boat you are in.

My point is sometime circumstances and conditions make it impossible to stay as far apart as we would like. Your point is, as I understand it, in the example I gave, is that flying by you on pad at full speed swamping your boat or running over your lines is "assholeish", to which I completely agree. So it comes down to how each individual acts in any given situation. As my PVA buddy once told me, "some of these guys [in wheelchairs] are [censored] and I can guarantee they were [censored] before they got put in that chair". I imagine same applies to boat operators and the kind of boat being operated doesn't matter.

Good Fishing and God Bless

“I’d rather be a failure at something I enjoy than to be a success at something I hate”

Re: Bassholes [Re: Catfish Tim] #14114059 08/30/21 09:44 PM
🍀El Gato Azul🍀 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Sounds like bass guys and catfish anglers have different views on common courtesy. Tim is a good guy and a very nice person snd if he says the guy was too close then the guy was too close. I trust Tim’s judgement. Defending some Bass boat who is obviously in the wrong doesn’t surprise me in this day and age of boating. I see bass boats pulling dumb $hip just about every other weekend.

Re: Bassholes [Re: Catfish Tim] #14114184 08/30/21 11:07 PM
H
HookaToad Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
H
I don't doubt Tim is a good guy and nice person and my post in no way differed from his views on common courtesy. I saw the picture and didn't see anything that would require the bass boat to be that close to him. My point was if someone is operationg their boat, no matter what kind of boat it is, in a discourteous manner, then that is probably how they conduct themselves in life too. In otherwords, its not the type of boat that makes someone an asshol###. Unfortunately there are some that drive bass boats, pontoon boats, jet skis, ski boats, cabin cruisers, jon boats, canoes, kayaks, rubber duckies...etc

Good Fishing and God Bless

“I’d rather be a failure at something I enjoy than to be a success at something I hate”

Re: Bassholes [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14114217 08/30/21 11:27 PM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by 🍀El Gato Azul🍀
The picture on Tim’s post says it all. The yahoo was within casting distance and that is too close!!! My guide buddy Steve keeps a 1 oz ready for inconsiderate yahoo’s like that. You go by Steve full speed and you might just get a 1oz up side the head. I’ve seen him bounce a few off bassholes hulls and one day one of those guys called the game warden and then waited there for him to arrive. When the warden showed up to investigate he gave the yahoo a ticket and told us to have a nice day! Pure greatness!!

Launch a sinker at my boat and I'll have something to launch back that moves quite a bit faster. See it all the time. Bank fishermen will set up on a channel that only 50 yards wide or less and put their lines right in the middle. Better pull them in before I pull them out.

Re: Bassholes [Re: tmd11111] #14114237 08/30/21 11:45 PM
🍀El Gato Azul🍀 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by tmd11111
Originally Posted by 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Launch a sinker at my boat and I'll have something to launch back that moves quite a bit faster. See it all the time. Bank fishermen will set up on a channel that only 50 yards wide or less and put their lines right in the middle. Better pull them in before I pull them out.

Spoken like a true bass guy! Lmao!! roflmao what a joke! I’ve never had a problem with bank fisherman or any angler for that matter but I suspect you do quite often. Your not the only guy in Texas packing either! slinger

Last edited by 🍀El Gato Azul🍀; 08/30/21 11:54 PM.

Re: Bassholes [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14114316 08/31/21 12:54 AM
S
Squirrely Dan Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
75 yards is way beyond casting distance. There’s no public lake you’re gonna get 150 yard radius around your boat all to yourself.

Fully sponsored by my mom
Re: Bassholes [Re: Catfish Tim] #14114340 08/31/21 01:07 AM
🍀El Gato Azul🍀 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Tim says he was close enough to cast inside the boat and I believe it cuz I see it often. I can easily cast to that boat in the pic and well past it. I get glitter boats flying by at 50 ft or less all the time. 50ft not yards. If you’d running up through 8 lines and 6 planer boards your a total idiot. If your defending a guy fir running up through 8 lines and 6 planer boards then your proving the name of Tim’s post with every key stroke . The name of the post says it all and guys defending it relays the post perfectly! I can’t quit laughing!

Last edited by 🍀El Gato Azul🍀; 08/31/21 01:09 AM.

Re: Bassholes [Re: Catfish Tim] #14114394 08/31/21 01:45 AM
Bluecat Bob Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Dang, this sure lit a fire under a few folks!

I recently started fishing from a small 16 foot boat, coming from a big pedal kayak.

In my experience 80% of folks are very courteous, it's just the few yahoo's that spoil it. I was stuck out in the middle of Texoma last winter when a 20 knot breeze literally blew up out of nowhere. I was making as much progress as I could trying to get off, surfing down waves on my kayak, and I had no less than 3 bass boats come to check I was ok.

Good peeps and I sure appreciated it.

Nothing against bass boats or bass fisherman, I have done it for years, but I do smile when I see them zoom from one end of the lake to the other at 50mph, and then turn around and zoom back 30 minutes later (hides).

flush_2

Last edited by Texas Brit; 08/31/21 01:48 AM.

Retired from the grind and enjoying life and the great outdoors ### Formerly Texas Brit ###
Re: Bassholes [Re: Catfish Tim] #14114534 08/31/21 10:12 AM
Catfish Tim Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Well it does seem my post has lit a bit of a fire under some folks Bob. Look, I'm not calling anybody out for having a bass boat and using that 700 HP engine strapped on the back of it to run 100 MPH on open water, heck I'd do the same thing. The issue is there were only two boats within view at that time, me and him. I tried to wave him off so he would go wide but he was going from point A to point B by the shortest distance whether I was on that line or not. THAT'S THE PROBLEM. When you have the entire lake, go wide. It's that simple. If you cut my lines your too close. Now if you want to call me out for having my lines out too far, I don't know what to tell ya. And it is 20% of the guys causing 80% of the problems, or maybe 100% of them. Some guys drive their boat just like they drive their truck. And that is without any concern for anybody else. I've been on Texoma when boats were actually bumping into each other. I know the lake can get crowded. But when it's empty and I'm still getting run over, there's no excuse for that. de

Now, it happened, it's over, nobody got hurt and I got my planer board back. Let's see who's gonna get the next toad. Tight lines guys and God Bless. God bless all of us, no matter what kind of boat we have!

Catfish Tim
🐟🐟"If it doesn't have whiskers, it's just bait"🐟🐟
Romans 8:1

Re: Bassholes [Re: Catfish Tim] #14114651 08/31/21 01:08 PM
T Bird Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
So besides watching out for your jugs, noodles and trotlines, now I have to stay 100 yards from your boat because you might be running planer boards. Nope, I don't think so.

Signed,
Basshole

Okie by birth, Texan by choice.
[Linked Image]
USAF "Thunderbirds" Alumni 1985-1989

Re: Bassholes [Re: Catfish Tim] #14114683 08/31/21 01:35 PM
🍀El Gato Azul🍀 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Unfortunately there are a ton of inconsiderate folks these days who only care about themselves Tim. There is no cure for being an a-hole.

Re: Bassholes [Re: Catfish Tim] #14115727 09/01/21 10:07 AM
P
pineywoods Offline
Angler
Angler
P
Agree with most comments. Boats pass too closely.

But, one point....a boat on plane, at speed, makes much less wake than a boat just plodding along. When I was with TPWD my "boss", who by no means was an outdoorsman, would come off plane and throttle back when passing rows of crappie fishermen on Fork, creating a huge wake. The lights/lanterns on boats we passed would pitch and wave, high into the air, then down into the water. He was a douche by slowing down! On plane, at a distance, you hardly notice these metalflake monsters pass by!

Wonder if there is an element to this like the loud Harleys with riders wearing no helmets. You know, look what I have, look at who I am?

Off to kayak fish Fork this morning for C. Cats. Hope the metalflakes stay back!

"Give a man a fish, and feed him for a day. Give him entitlements and you may feed him forever."
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide