Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Bassholes #14112609 08/29/21 07:23 PM
Catfish Tim Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Hey guys. I have been on here before telling y'all about bass boats screaming past close enough to cast into their boat. I got this genius on video. Getting my planer board cut off was the low light of the morning trip yesterday, you'll see the highlight in the video. Spoiler alert, it was a 24 pound toad...

Another good morning on the water for Wy and I...

Catfish Tim
๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ"If it doesn't have whiskers, it's just bait"๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ
Romans 8:1

Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Bassholes [Re: Catfish Tim] #14112616 08/29/21 07:27 PM
Catfish Tim Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Guys I apologize. I have tried and tried to fix the dark screen at the beginning of this video and I can't get it to work. The raw video is fine but when I publish it to YouTube, it goes dark. I'm tired of fussin with it. Enjoy the rest of the video...

Catfish Tim

Re: Bassholes [Re: Catfish Tim] #14112725 08/29/21 09:42 PM
S
Squirrely Dan Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
How far away was the bass boat? I notice you wrote you had lines out 150 yards

Fully sponsored by my mom
Re: Bassholes [Re: Catfish Tim] #14112732 08/29/21 09:48 PM
F
Flags Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
I do most of my fishing out of a float tube and I've had a lot of fully blinged out bass boats come ripping by me. Never understood why some insist on doing that sort of thing.

Retired Navy Chief Signalman
NJROTC Instructor Tascosa High School
Re: Bassholes [Re: Squirrely Dan] #14112762 08/29/21 10:16 PM
Catfish Tim Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Im RICK JAMES
How far away was the bass boat? I notice you wrote you had lines out 150 yards

I'm guessing the long boards were out 100 - 110 yards. The boat came between my boat and the boards so he was 75 yards maybe...

Catfish Tim

Re: Bassholes [Re: Catfish Tim] #14113121 08/30/21 06:19 AM
M
MuglyFish Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
Nice Fish!! fish

Re: Bassholes [Re: Catfish Tim] #14113241 08/30/21 12:56 PM
F
Fishin' Nut Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
I'm not defending the basshole, but I wonder if he thought it was noodles? I've know some non catters who have never heard of planer boards when I tell them how I fish.

Originally Posted by OTFF
He is truly a sick individual.
Re: Bassholes [Re: Catfish Tim] #14113245 08/30/21 12:59 PM
F
Fishin' Nut Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Footnote to Catfish Tim: 5 gates open on G Dam last Saturday in preparation for Ida. The grass was so bad we couldn't fish planer boards. Had to fish probably 10 miles downstream before the grass would thin out enough to allow us to bottom fish.

Originally Posted by OTFF
He is truly a sick individual.
Re: Bassholes [Re: Fishin' Nut] #14113309 08/30/21 01:30 PM
Catfish Tim Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Fishin' Nut
I'm not defending the basshole, but I wonder if he thought it was noodles? I've know some non catters who have never heard of planer boards when I tell them how I fish.

I would like to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. I still think at that time of the morning when there were no other boats around with that much water, why do you have to get that close to anybody? It just doesn't make sense to me. Go wide. No need to get that close to anybody...

Catfish Tim

Re: Bassholes [Re: Fishin' Nut] #14113315 08/30/21 01:33 PM
Catfish Tim Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Footnote to Catfish Tim: 5 gates open on G Dam last Saturday in preparation for Ida. The grass was so bad we couldn't fish planer boards. Had to fish probably 10 miles downstream before the grass would thin out enough to allow us to bottom fish.

I texted Josh yesterday. I was thinking you guys were gonna get a ton of rain. Doesn't surprise me that they are dumping water ahead of the storm. That grass is a real problem. I hope things don't stay messed up too long and you can get back to catchin good fish soon. Be safe brother!

Catfish Tim

Re: Bassholes [Re: Catfish Tim] #14113622 08/30/21 05:03 PM
๐Ÿ€El Gato Azul๐Ÿ€ Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Noodles or planer boards it doesnโ€™t matter. When there is an entire lake to drive on it is very inconsiderate and dangerous for another boat to get anywhere near you when they are on full plane going fast but I see it all the time. A boat can hit a rogue wave or someone gets distracted and before you can blink there is a terrible accident. Itโ€™s also illegal to have excessive speed and wake or wash next to someone who is in the act of fishing. Weโ€™re not all fishing strait down. I have them blow right through my area full speed 50+ mph and even cut directly in front of my boat and in front of my drift line or across by lines out the back and cut me off. 50ft snd less. Very inconsiderate! In my 30+ years of boating every week Iโ€™ve never done that to another boat. I also have guys circle my boat scanning my area when I fish and they have cut my lines as well. I chalk it up to stupidity more than being an a-hole but stupidity and ignorance is not an excuse. Ignorant inconsiderate folks have ignorant inconsiderate ways! Kind of makes you want to follow em to where they are beating up the shore line and then blow through their bass run full speed!! My cousin is a Game Warden in Grayson County snd he said to take a video of the guy and his TX# and text it to your local Game Warden or Sheriffs Department. I keep both their numbers in my phone but Iโ€™ve never called the law on anyone.

There is a fine line between fishing and floating around like an idiot!!
texas Check out out my YouTube channel El Gato Azul TV texas
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0aV-uOxzxKxeqFFfREzKg
โš“๏ธโš“๏ธโš“๏ธโš“๏ธ Home of little boys holding big catfish! โš“๏ธโš“๏ธโš“๏ธโš“๏ธ
Re: Bassholes [Re: Fishin' Nut] #14113717 08/30/21 06:03 PM
T
taterpop Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T

The key word is Thought, they don't do much of that it's wide open all the way. They never think about what a person is doing.They don't have a lot of thought about that person in a smaller boat ether .

Re: Bassholes [Re: taterpop] #14113771 08/30/21 06:47 PM
O
Oldrabbit Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
O
Originally Posted by taterpop

The key word is Thought, they don't do much of that it's wide open all the way. They never think about what a person is doing.They don't have a lot of thought about that person in a smaller boat ether .

I Bass fish and take your post as offensive and untrue. Not all people that have Bass boats are guilty. I also Crappie and Catfish out of my Bass boat. I was taught young to respect other boaters and will come off plane to go past a person in a kayak, flat bottom, smaller boat or even a Bass boat before I will cause them to be rocked by waves. I have had my trotlines cut by folks before and they were well marked. In open water, I will go out of my way to stay away from other boats, it's just common courtesy.

Re: Bassholes [Re: Oldrabbit] #14113794 08/30/21 07:00 PM
๐Ÿ€El Gato Azul๐Ÿ€ Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
He didnโ€™t say all. He said the ones that run wide open all the way. Been fishing just about every week my entire life and 9 times out of 10 when someone blows through like that they are in a bass boat. This is not an overstatement but the cold hard truth. You may have been taught the right and wrongs of boating but all the bassholes that have been blowing through my areas at full speed the last 30+ years certainly weโ€™re not!!

Last edited by ๐Ÿ€El Gato Azul๐Ÿ€; 08/30/21 07:01 PM.

There is a fine line between fishing and floating around like an idiot!!
texas Check out out my YouTube channel El Gato Azul TV texas
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0aV-uOxzxKxeqFFfREzKg
โš“๏ธโš“๏ธโš“๏ธโš“๏ธ Home of little boys holding big catfish! โš“๏ธโš“๏ธโš“๏ธโš“๏ธ
Re: Bassholes [Re: Oldrabbit] #14113954 08/30/21 08:43 PM
Catfish Tim Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Oldrabbit
Originally Posted by taterpop

I Bass fish and take your post as offensive and untrue. Not all people that have Bass boats are guilty. I also Crappie and Catfish out of my Bass boat. I was taught young to respect other boaters and will come off plane to go past a person in a kayak, flat bottom, smaller boat or even a Bass boat before I will cause them to be rocked by waves. I have had my trotlines cut by folks before and they were well marked. In open water, I will go out of my way to stay away from other boats, it's just common courtesy.

If you noticed, I acknowledged the first two bass boats that came south from the Brockdale ramp were courteous and gave plenty of room. The third guy was the Basshole. Not everybody with a bass boat is this way. But everybody who is this way, seems to have a bass boat.

Catfish Tim

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide