Print Thread
Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16
Re: Ivermectin [Re: Droyhef] #14113540 08/30/21 04:01 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Droyhef

You dont know what the outcome would be without the vaccine.

You should stop moralizing about it. It is not insane to question a rushed vaccine with unknown side effects. The control group for the intermediate and long term studies was given the vaccine effectively ending any studies of side effects which is a huge issue. I am sorry you lost your father, that hurts and right now I dont doubt everything has a more intense burn to it. Losing your father doesnt give you moral superiority to tell everyone else to shut up. There is nothing immoral about discussing alternative treatments to a vaccine or questioning a vaccine that hasnt been around long enough to know its effects. If it bothers you so much to see others talk about it then maybe you should look elsewhere. There absolutely is censorship going on in the media and the medical community about anyone that questions the vaccine. Is there a time in history when silencing dissenting view points was the right thing to do? Ivermectin has been used for years as a parasiticide in humans and has a proven track record for safe use in humans. There are a multitude of drugs used for both vetinary and human use, the important part is dosage. People arent insane for looking for alternatives to the vaccine, especially when asking questions gets you told to shut up and do as your told.

As far as those making comparisons to the polio vaccine...the first polio vaccine was rushed and actually gave people polio, killed 10 children, and caused 40,000 cases of polio out of 200,000 doses. This is known as the cutter incident.

The 2nd polio vaccine was grown in monkey kidneys, and millions of doses were contaminated with a cancer causing virus. Certain cancers run 30% to 90% higher in the 98 million treated with the contaminated vaccines. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10472327/

Ever heard of thalidomide? It was fda approved until it was recognized to cause birth defects.

Docotors used to recommend smoking.

The cutter incident happened because several batches of the vaccine were contaminated with live polio virus. It was not because the vaccine itself was problematic. That can happen to any vaccine and time was not a factor in why it caused polio.

The second case you brought is a polio vaccine that was contaminated. As you can see in the link you gave, they only found out 40 years later that it affected people.

The third case is thalidomide. While it was marketed in other countries and the German company that owned the rights to the drug tried to get several companies in the US to approve it, the FDA never approved it because there was no testing done on it for its intended use for pregnant mothers.
It was only approved in 1998 for use in treating cancers and HIV.

Although there are several drugs that were removed due to problems that were discovered much later on, neither of these would be on that list.
Even with 5 years testing and approval there is still a history of drugs being removed for problems that were not known for years after their approval. There is a fairly long list of those drugs.

If you only take drugs that have a long time period you are probably safe. Whether it made you healthier if you had any of the infirmities that those drugs treated is questionable. I would say not taking a vaccine is higher risk than taking it when we are talking about Covid.

Re: Ivermectin [Re: Jpurdue] #14113541 08/30/21 04:01 PM
D
Droyhef Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
Originally Posted by patriot07
Originally Posted by KingwoodCat
I received it. I also spent nine days in the hospital starting a week after I got it. Covid and Covid pneumonia. Still on oxygen as well.

Would love for my dad to have spent 9 days in the hospital and be on oxygen. I'd give anything just for him to be back on the ventilator with just a chance to get out and be in a wheelchair so we could sit around a campfire again. Not saying you're not grateful, and I know the hospital stay and O2 sucks, but it could have been much worse without the vaccine.

You should stop moralizing about it. It is not insane to question a rushed vaccine with unknown side effects. The control group for the intermediate and long term studies was given the vaccine effectively ending any studies of side effects which is a huge issue. I am sorry you lost your father, that hurts and right now I dont doubt everything has a more intense burn to it. Losing your father doesnt give you moral superiority to tell everyone else to shut up. There is nothing immoral about discussing alternative treatments to a vaccine or questioning a vaccine that hasnt been around long enough to know its effects. If it bothers you so much to see others talk about it then maybe you should look elsewhere. There absolutely is censorship going on in the media and the medical community about anyone that questions the vaccine. Is there a time in history when silencing dissenting view points was the right thing to do? Ivermectin has been used for years as a parasiticide in humans and has a proven track record for safe use in humans. There are a multitude of drugs used for both vetinary and human use, the important part is dosage. People arent insane for looking for alternatives to the vaccine, especially when asking questions gets you told to shut up and do as your told.

As far as those making comparisons to the polio vaccine...the first polio vaccine was rushed and actually gave people polio, killed 10 children, and caused 40,000 cases of polio out of 200,000 doses. This is known as the cutter incident.

The 2nd polio vaccine was grown in monkey kidneys, and millions of doses were contaminated with a cancer causing virus. Certain cancers run 30% to 90% higher in the 98 million treated with the contaminated vaccines. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10472327/

Ever heard of thalidomide? It was fda approved until it was recognized to cause birth defects.

I don't think anyone is saying anit-vaxers are insane. They are just saying there is a very high probability they are wrong.

The math is going to vary by individual. If you are 25, ultra healthy, and live in a cabin in the woods I can understand hanging back, giving this thing more time, etc... your odds are darn good.

If you are older, interact with other humans, and have comorbidities (and almost everyone has something) the risk reward math changes in a big way. Each man should run his own risk assessment for himself and his family with the best information available.

The vaccine has been administered to hundreds of millions of people globally. A small percentage of folks are going to have bad reactions. Those same folks may well have had an even worse reaction with COVID. Outside of water I can't think of a single substance you could give to that many people and not cause problems with at least a small percentage of them.

Cut and pasted from above: The opposition to a vaccine that could save your life and would help us all get back to normal sooner is absolutely insane, selfish, and immoral. This isn't about freedom of choice - choose what you want, but stop trying to persuade others to join you in the stupidity. You're costing lives without even knowing it and certainly without acknowledging it or apologizing for it. Just stop: end

http://www.texasmegafishadventures.com
Guided rod and reel fishing trips for Alligator gar on the Trinity River as well as some other places
903-721-4296
dawson@texasmegafishadventures.com
Re: Ivermectin [Re: fish&coach] #14113555 08/30/21 04:14 PM
J
Jpurdue Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
I stand corrected. *most folks aren't saying the anti-vaxers are insane.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Ivermectin [Re: fish&coach] #14113591 08/30/21 04:30 PM
donothin Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Not insane but certainly irrational.

Re: Ivermectin [Re: donothin] #14113599 08/30/21 04:39 PM
L
lconn4 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
L
Originally Posted by donothin
Not insane but certainly irrational.

I got your rash, right here.

[Linked Image]

A good rule of angling philosophy is not to interfere with another fisherman's ways of being happy, unless you want to be hated.
Zane Grey, Tales of Fishes, 1919

https://vimeo.com/73372194
https://vimeo.com/72859045

Re: Ivermectin [Re: Jpurdue] #14113607 08/30/21 04:45 PM
S
Sawhorse Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
This isn't about freedom of choice - choose what you want, but stop trying to persuade others to join you in the stupidity. You're costing lives without even knowing it and certainly without acknowledging it or apologizing for it. Just stop

This. There are several guys from this forum who are in hospitals right now. Some may not make it. If they were influence to not get the vaccine by someone's comment on here, that would be pretty tough to deal with I would think.

IMO, this is complete hogwash!!! We all get bombarded with an infinite amount of messages intended to influence us every day. You guys can blame whoever you want for whatever you want...every single adult is responsible for themselves - PERIOD!!!

For the life of me, in my wildest imagination I can’t conceive of a scenario where I’d cast even one molecule of blame on someone else for a decision I had made. I alone am solely responsible for every stupid decision I ever made...no matter what anybody said that I may have listened to. In this case, unless somebody is physically blocking you from getting the vax, OR, strapping you down and giving you the shot against your will, YOU ALONE OWN the getting it or not getting it.

STOP THE BS!!!!!!!

Re: Ivermectin [Re: fish&coach] #14113609 08/30/21 04:48 PM
R
RickS. Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
R
I'll apologize for not getting the shot the same day I apologize for slavery.
Guilt trips don't work on me.

Re: Ivermectin [Re: Sawhorse] #14113616 08/30/21 04:58 PM
J
Jpurdue Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Sawhorse
This isn't about freedom of choice - choose what you want, but stop trying to persuade others to join you in the stupidity. You're costing lives without even knowing it and certainly without acknowledging it or apologizing for it. Just stop

This. There are several guys from this forum who are in hospitals right now. Some may not make it. If they were influence to not get the vaccine by someone's comment on here, that would be pretty tough to deal with I would think.

IMO, this is complete hogwash!!! We all get bombarded with an infinite amount of messages intended to influence us every day. You guys can blame whoever you want for whatever you want...every single adult is responsible for themselves - PERIOD!!!

For the life of me, in my wildest imagination I can’t conceive of a scenario where I’d cast even one molecule of blame on someone else for a decision I had made. I alone am solely responsible for every stupid decision I ever made...no matter what anybody said that I may have listened to. In this case, unless somebody is physically blocking you from getting the vax, OR, strapping you down and giving you the shot against your will, YOU ALONE OWN the getting it or not getting it.

STOP THE BS!!!!!!!

Nobody said they were responsible, I said I can imagine how some might feel some level of responsibility if their words influence someone to make a decision that cost them their life. I can't recall your particular position on the vaccine, but if you are an anti-vaxer and have spread miss information and feel no guilt. Okay. Not saying you should.

I agree with your core premise every man is responsible for his own decisions and nobody holds any ultimate responsibility except the individual.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Ivermectin [Re: Jpurdue] #14113623 08/30/21 05:04 PM
S
Sawhorse Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S

STOP THE BS!!!!!!!

Nobody said they were responsible.

Maybe I just misinterpreted the meaning of “You're costing lives without even knowing it and certainly without acknowledging it or apologizing for it.“.

Re: Ivermectin [Re: Droyhef] #14113643 08/30/21 05:15 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by KingwoodCat
I received it. I also spent nine days in the hospital starting a week after I got it. Covid and Covid pneumonia. Still on oxygen as well.

Would love for my dad to have spent 9 days in the hospital and be on oxygen. I'd give anything just for him to be back on the ventilator with just a chance to get out and be in a wheelchair so we could sit around a campfire again. Not saying you're not grateful, and I know the hospital stay and O2 sucks, but it could have been much worse without the vaccine.

You're coming back at me with vaccines developed in the 1950s?

No, I don't think it gives me moral superiority. But it does allow me to contradict the ignorance of many on here with actual first-hand experience.

I do think the folks who are using lies and falsehoods and stories from the 1950s to convince others to not get this vaccine are putting many folks lives at risk. It's certainly not intentional, but that doesn't make it less real.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Ivermectin [Re: fish&coach] #14113645 08/30/21 05:17 PM
S
Samsonsworld Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S

Re: Ivermectin [Re: Sawhorse] #14113650 08/30/21 05:20 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P

STOP THE BS!!!!!!!

Nobody said they were responsible.

Maybe I just misinterpreted the meaning of “You're costing lives without even knowing it and certainly without acknowledging it or apologizing for it.“.

I don't think they're responsible for it - all adults are responsible for their own decisions. But I haven't heard one fact-based argument against the vaccine that makes even a tiny bit of sense compared to the possible benefits. What I have seen is mostly lies or falsehoods presented as facts that could sway people based on content that isn't real. My point is that continuing to push those narratives is irresponsible and can contribute to lives lost, and it should be stopped.

- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Ivermectin [Re: fish&coach] #14113651 08/30/21 05:21 PM
H
Hookem Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
H
I have not and will not take medical advice from a bunch of non-docs on some fishing forum.

Re: Ivermectin [Re: Droyhef] #14113653 08/30/21 05:22 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Cut and pasted from above: The opposition to a vaccine that could save your life and would help us all get back to normal sooner is absolutely insane, selfish, and immoral. This isn't about freedom of choice - choose what you want, but stop trying to persuade others to join you in the stupidity. You're costing lives without even knowing it and certainly without acknowledging it or apologizing for it. Just stop: end

My post would have more accurately reflected my opinion if written as, "The *public and vocal* opposition to a vaccine..."

- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Ivermectin [Re: patriot07] #14113673 08/30/21 05:35 PM
S
Samsonsworld Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S

My post would have more accurately reflected my opinion if written as, "The *public and vocal* opposition to a vaccine..."

Here, you win.

[Linked Image]

Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide