Forums59
Topics1,037,815
Posts13,934,987
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Allen West draws line in sand... [Re: Razorback] #14112952 08/30/21 12:47 AM
DanDaBald Online Crying
TFF Guru
Online Crying
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Razorback
I just saw the dashcam video of the stop. I tried the heel to toe walk and standing on one foot. I couldn't do either for more than a few seconds before wobbling or losing my balance. I am 60 years old, have fairly well controlled diabetes, I'm slender (BMI 21.5), and I haven't had so much as a sip of alcohol since early May.
If these tests are supposed to prove that a person is drunk, they don't.

I completely agree with Razorback; I am 72 years old and I cannot (sober) pass a FSB - if that means I can no longer drive a vehicle, so be it - but the infrastructure of the U.S.A. will need to be drastically changed so that I can :
> Go to the Post Office (I am 14 miles from my closest P.O. and 22 miles to the closest distribution facility.)
> Call a Uber or any other rideshare service to come get me 25 miles from nowhere in the Northwoods of Wisconsin and transport me back to my abode - on the Gub'mint's dime.
> Any of the thousands of other scenarios whereby I am no longer permitted to transport myself to where I need to be.

Are the taxpayers of the U.S.A. ready to subsidize us "old folks" to that extent? Ask Pelosi ? ? ?

flag NEVER FORGET 9/11/2001 flag
Re: Allen West draws line in sand... [Re: kennerdude] #14112956 08/30/21 12:50 AM
DanDaBald Online Crying
TFF Guru
Online Crying
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by kennerdude
Originally Posted by Jim Ford
He certainly handled that the wrong way.

Agree, and like other posts above Im disappointed as well.

My vote for poor judgement on Lt.Col.West's part. And I like the man and his beliefs / convictions.

Re: Allen West draws line in sand... [Re: MrRoachie] #14112964 08/30/21 12:56 AM
R
Razorback Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
If this goes to court I want to see the judge get up from behind his bench and demonstrate his ease of passing the field sobriety tests.

Either a person fails the breathalyzer and/or blood test or he doesn't. These tests are foolishness and prove nothing. The only one I see that offers much of anything is being able to follow the pen with her eyes.

Re: Allen West draws line in sand... [Re: DanDaBald] #14113009 08/30/21 01:38 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by DanDaBald
I just saw the dashcam video of the stop. I tried the heel to toe walk and standing on one foot. I couldn't do either for more than a few seconds before wobbling or losing my balance. I am 60 years old, have fairly well controlled diabetes, I'm slender (BMI 21.5), and I haven't had so much as a sip of alcohol since early May.

I completely agree with Razorback; I am 72 years old and I cannot (sober) pass a FSB - if that means I can no longer drive a vehicle, so be it - but the infrastructure of the U.S.A. will need to be drastically changed so that I can :
> Go to the Post Office (I am 14 miles from my closest P.O. and 22 miles to the closest distribution facility.)
> Call a Uber or any other rideshare service to come get me 25 miles from nowhere in the Northwoods of Wisconsin and transport me back to my abode - on the Gub'mint's dime.
> Any of the thousands of other scenarios whereby I am no longer permitted to transport myself to where I need to be.

Are the taxpayers of the U.S.A. ready to subsidize us "old folks" to that extent? Ask Pelosi ? ? ?

Well….unless you drive like [censored] and can’t keep a car in the road, I bet you’ll never have to pass a FSB. roflmao

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Allen West draws line in sand... [Re: MrRoachie] #14113028 08/30/21 01:58 AM
DanDaBald Online Crying
TFF Guru
Online Crying
TFF Guru
^ ^ ^ Thanks for that ^ ^ ^

No, I don't drive like (*****) and yes, the vehicle stays on the road, I drive the speed limit +5 wherever I drive. What exactly is your problem with that??????

Re: Allen West draws line in sand... [Re: DanDaBald] #14113032 08/30/21 02:06 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
^ ^ ^ Thanks for that ^ ^ ^

No, I don't drive like (*****) and yes, the vehicle stays on the road, I drive the speed limit +5 wherever I drive. What exactly is your problem with that??????

You sound like someone that drives just fine. cheers

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Allen West draws line in sand... [Re: DanDaBald] #14113038 08/30/21 02:10 AM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

I am 67 but not as old as you. My father drove till he was 89 and then he was driving so slow and was not responding to traffic situations well. He demanded to drive but my brother went and lived with mom and dad and took over the driving chores.
If I performed as bad as her I hope that my wife or kids take the keys out of my hands too. There comes a time when we want to think we can do things that we really should not be doing. We get there but are endangering people while attempting to do things we used to find easy yet cannot do anymore. Each person comes to that point at different times and I'm sure some can drive till they die.

The different tests they give are not a single pass fail. You have to exhibit a certain number of fails in the FSB test to fail. Then they let you blow your way out if you have the lungs. Most people do and she was not old enough to not be able to. She just didn't know how to or did not try to do it right. I believe an officer would give an old codger like us more leeway having given the test to other old folks.

Re: Allen West draws line in sand... [Re: MrRoachie] #14113041 08/30/21 02:14 AM
L
lconn4 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
L
Liked West OK until I heard he was coming to Texas to run for Governor. That cowboy hat picture gave me an unfavorable feeling about him. This latest deal is strike three... demanding all those folks come to his house and apologize? Hope he packs his saddle and heads back to wherever he came from.

A good rule of angling philosophy is not to interfere with another fisherman's ways of being happy, unless you want to be hated.
Zane Grey, Tales of Fishes, 1919

https://vimeo.com/73372194
https://vimeo.com/72859045

Re: Allen West draws line in sand... [Re: MrRoachie] #14113073 08/30/21 02:53 AM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Can we get the blood test results already? The private sector can get these kinda tests back in a day or 2. I have had employees tested over the years and cant ever remember it taking more than 72 hrs.

Re: Allen West draws line in sand... [Re: WAWI] #14113077 08/30/21 03:06 AM
T
Theroofingguy Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Getting blood results can take several weeks. Also depends which lab they sent it to

Re: Allen West draws line in sand... [Re: WAWI] #14113108 08/30/21 04:42 AM
Bee'z Offline
honey boo boo
honey boo boo
Originally Posted by WAWI
Can we get the blood test results already? The private sector can get these kinda tests back in a day or 2. I have had employees tested over the years and cant ever remember it taking more than 72 hrs.

I guess not. West [censored] this all up and looks bad here.

[Linked Image]
Re: Allen West draws line in sand... [Re: MrRoachie] #14113131 08/30/21 09:25 AM
J
Jim Ford Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
J
Standardized Field Sobriety Tests are not proof of impairment; they merely establish probable cause to arrest for impaired driving. Believe me; the judicial system and law enforcement are fully cognizant that some people have difficulty performing some of the divided attention tasks in the SFST battery when they are not impaired.

I know nothing about this case, have not seen any videos or reports, and have no opinion as to the woman’s sobriety. But I see a lot of jumping to conclusions based on incomplete and erroneous information here. I knew nothing about Allen West prior to seeing this thread, but he certainly impressed me as being unqualified to hold office from this video. We have far too many elected officials who refuse to adhere to the regulations and procedures that they hold their constituents to; Mr. West has just shown the world that he is one of those.

If there was no PC to arrest for DWI an attorney will have no problem establishing that. That’s when he should go after the arresting officer. But most agencies (and I have no idea if it applies to the agency involved) will not tolerate unsubstantiated arrests, especially high profile ones. If the arresting officer is shown to have made an unlawful arrest, he / she will lose all credibility in any future cases; LE supervisors and prosecutors won’t deal with that issue.

Let’s just sit back and give the legal system a chance to wirk the way it’s supposed to. None of us here were present for the arrest, and so far we’ve only heard one side of the story. And that was not even firsthand information.

Re: Allen West draws line in sand... [Re: Theroofingguy] #14113206 08/30/21 12:20 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Theroofingguy
Getting blood results can take several weeks. Also depends which lab they sent it to

It can take years I guess if you want it too, any lab that does occupational type testing has always turned them super quick for us. I suspect the results are back and there is feet dragging for whatever reason to release.

Re: Allen West draws line in sand... [Re: MrRoachie] #14113219 08/30/21 12:30 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
And I'll be honest, while I like his politics and hate to bash a conservative politician and retired military leader the douche meter is off the chart on this and demanding a line of people come to your house and apologize to another line of people is just about the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Get over yourself, wait for the blood test results, stfu till then. Whomever is advising him is a moron.

Re: Allen West draws line in sand... [Re: MrRoachie] #14113296 08/30/21 01:22 PM
donothin Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Isn't he the dude that is advocating for Texas to secede?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide