Print Thread
Inaugural Trip turned out...... #14108836 08/26/21 01:25 PM
R
Retired Farmun Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
R
After borrowing a boat for a family outing to cedar creek in which I got to use the boat to fish one day. I decided to buy a boat and start fishing, something I had done back in the early 80's. I didn't get anything new but I got a quality boat I think in a 1992 Champion with newer Lowrance electronics (learning curve needed). For it's first outing we went to Navarro Mills lake on a very hot August day with hardly any wind. But thanks to Dennis and his techniques and also some luck to find some schooling fish we had a very successful day! The fun of fishing is back.

Found the fish on the main lake points on the N side of the lake and in the dam area. The bite didn't seem to happen until there was just enough breeze to put a ripple on the water but when it was slick as glass from no wind nothing seemed to bite.

Reading Dennis and others post about the shad spawn and how it affects fishing it got me to wondering if anyone had ever written an article that kind of explains a years worth of phenomenon starting at the spring spawn and goes through the fishes movements and locations and techniques used. I would find that information very interesting if you are a walking encyclopedia of knowledge and would put it out for everyone.

Re: Inaugural Trip turned out...... [Re: Retired Farmun] #14109074 08/26/21 03:54 PM
Y
YEE_YEE Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Y
thumb clap

Re: Inaugural Trip turned out...... [Re: Retired Farmun] #14109314 08/26/21 06:15 PM
gborg Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Retired Farmun
After borrowing a boat for a family outing to cedar creek in which I got to use the boat to fish one day. I decided to buy a boat and start fishing, something I had done back in the early 80's. I didn't get anything new but I got a quality boat I think in a 1992 Champion with newer Lowrance electronics (learning curve needed). For it's first outing we went to Navarro Mills lake on a very hot August day with hardly any wind. But thanks to Dennis and his techniques and also some luck to find some schooling fish we had a very successful day! The fun of fishing is back.

Found the fish on the main lake points on the N side of the lake and in the dam area. The bite didn't seem to happen until there was just enough breeze to put a ripple on the water but when it was slick as glass from no wind nothing seemed to bite.

Reading Dennis and others post about the shad spawn and how it affects fishing it got me to wondering if anyone had ever written an article that kind of explains a years worth of phenomenon starting at the spring spawn and goes through the fishes movements and locations and techniques used. I would find that information very interesting if you are a walking encyclopedia of knowledge and would put it out for everyone.

Fished out of a 94 Champ for years, good solid and very fast rig. Never any problems and as a suggestion, go to you tube and visit all of the respective tutorials with regard to your specific type of lowrance and its specificity. SI Down scan and sonar . Make Notes and apply once on the water.

Re: Inaugural Trip turned out...... [Re: Retired Farmun] #14109412 08/26/21 07:16 PM
P
prosise Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
Solid boat, thats for sure. Im still fishing out of a 89 champion with the original Merc 175.. I am not buying another boat, hopefully I will be able to repair the motor if it goes south. Then I will re-power.. I have a solid boat, that has been thru some bad stuff. Removed the VRO oil injection pump the day I bought her in 94, and manual mixed ever since (*Knock on wood*).

Put more $$ in the boat (electronics and TM) this year that the boats actual value. Not that hard with these older boats. But I love her..

[Linked Image]

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide