Forums59
Topics1,037,810
Posts13,934,908
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Garmin Force trolling motor reviews? [Re: tsubrett] #14097505 08/16/21 11:24 PM
E
ezbassin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by tsubrett
Very happy with my garmin force. . Only time will tell about the longevity and durability of Garmin Force.

Three total replacements in a year for a buddy of mine is not good longevity or durability. The Ultrex is more reliable. That is what he has gone back to since the Force keeps breaking.

Last edited by ezbassin; 08/16/21 11:25 PM.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Garmin Force trolling motor reviews? [Re: ezbassin] #14097608 08/17/21 12:42 AM
T
tsubrett Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Originally Posted by ezbassin
Originally Posted by 4Weight
Very happy with my garmin force. No differences in spot lock that i have found at all. MUUUCH more quiet than the ultrex i had. Very smooth lift and deploy assist compared to ultrex. Ultrex i would have to step on and pull handle just to get it to deploy. Can see battery indicator and speed visible on top of force trolling motor. nothing with ultrex. Much faster than the ultrex. Batteries last forever with the Ghost (also running lithiums so not a fair comparison). As of right now, the ultrex is trash compared to the force. Only time will tell about the longevity and durability of Garmin Force. As of right now, not even close and i had 2 prior boats with ultrex.

I own an Ultrex and it is not trash. I understand you like your Force as I have friends that have one but to call the Ultrex trash is idiotic.

I agree. I know someone that has gone through 3 Garmin trolling motors and now he has an ultrex back on the boat because the Garmins keep breaking on him. His third one lasted one day before it broke.

You say you have a grrmin force then you say battries last forever with the Ghost so which one do you have? You don't seem to know what you have. The Ghost and the Force are different brands of trolling motors.

Simple typo. I have the Garmin force trolling motor. Had ultrex with past 2 boats. New boat I ordered Garmin force. Never owned a ghost so no comment on those. I know what I have when I’m looking at it. You people sure are quick to judge from ur computer.

Last edited by tsubrett; 08/17/21 12:49 AM.
Re: Garmin Force trolling motor reviews? [Re: tsubrett] #14098691 08/17/21 09:53 PM
E
ezbassin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by ezbassin
Originally Posted by 4Weight
Very happy with my garmin force. No differences in spot lock that i have found at all. MUUUCH more quiet than the ultrex i had. Very smooth lift and deploy assist compared to ultrex. Ultrex i would have to step on and pull handle just to get it to deploy. Can see battery indicator and speed visible on top of force trolling motor. nothing with ultrex. Much faster than the ultrex. Batteries last forever with the Ghost (also running lithiums so not a fair comparison). As of right now, the ultrex is trash compared to the force. Only time will tell about the longevity and durability of Garmin Force. As of right now, not even close and i had 2 prior boats with ultrex.

I own an Ultrex and it is not trash. I understand you like your Force as I have friends that have one but to call the Ultrex trash is idiotic.

I agree. I know someone that has gone through 3 Garmin trolling motors and now he has an ultrex back on the boat because the Garmins keep breaking on him. His third one lasted one day before it broke.

You say you have a grrmin force then you say battries last forever with the Ghost so which one do you have? You don't seem to know what you have. The Ghost and the Force are different brands of trolling motors.

Simple typo. I have the Garmin force trolling motor. Had ultrex with past 2 boats. New boat I ordered Garmin force. Never owned a ghost so no comment on those. I know what I have when I’m looking at it. You people sure are quick to judge from ur computer.

Not judging at all, just pointing out that you mentioned two different trolling motors. Speaking of "judging" I would say that your comment about the Ultrex being trash compared to the Force is quite a judgement on your part.
Like I said, that buddy of mine that has gone through three of them and got tired of taking the broken one off and installing a new one over and over, so he went back to the Ultrex. Better reliability with the Ultrex.

Last edited by ezbassin; 08/17/21 09:54 PM.
Re: Garmin Force trolling motor reviews? [Re: tsubrett] #14099581 08/18/21 04:46 PM
B
bbassfishes Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Very happy with my garmin force. No differences in spot lock that i have found at all. MUUUCH more quiet than the ultrex i had. Very smooth lift and deploy assist compared to ultrex. Ultrex i would have to step on and pull handle just to get it to deploy. Can see battery indicator and speed visible on top of force trolling motor. nothing with ultrex. Much faster than the ultrex. Batteries last forever with the Garmin force (also running lithiums so not a fair comparison). As of right now, the ultrex is trash compared to the force. Only time will tell about the longevity and durability of Garmin Force. As of right now, not even close and i had 2 prior boats with ultrex.

To clarify, since some people on here don’t understand opinions, this is strictly my opinion. I don’t think ultrex is trash. I think comparing the two, it’s trash when u compare 1vs1. Longevity is still up for debate on force trolling motor.

Sir, you are trash. Thank you very much. But seriously, I have an Ultrex and to try and make the excuse of upgrade your parts to make it do what it's supposed to is not a good argument. For the money all anglers pay for these things, that shouldn't even be a thing. I love my Ultrex, but have had more issues with it than I can swing a stick at. And everyone else I know for that matter. I have yet to meet someone who's had an Ultrex that didn't have a problem in some, way, shape or form. I keep up with regular maintenance eon mine and have had to swap out almost literally every part at least once. I now just keep spares of everything for that exact reason. To be able to call that a good manufactured product, is ignorant. What if that were your truck or home? That would be completely unacceptable. For anything really. So why keep making excuses for it? Again, when it does what it's supposed to, it's hard to beat, but to defend it bar none, is ridiculous.

I don't have any experience with the Garmin, I know a guy that has one, but again, for the money, if there are that many issues, I would say that's unacceptable as well. So to say one is better than the other, on that basis, based solely on what a particular person bought is just a pissing match at that point. Ya'll boys have a good one and go catch some fish.

Re: Garmin Force trolling motor reviews? [Re: bbassfishes] #14099772 08/18/21 06:52 PM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by bbassfishes
Very happy with my garmin force. No differences in spot lock that i have found at all. MUUUCH more quiet than the ultrex i had. Very smooth lift and deploy assist compared to ultrex. Ultrex i would have to step on and pull handle just to get it to deploy. Can see battery indicator and speed visible on top of force trolling motor. nothing with ultrex. Much faster than the ultrex. Batteries last forever with the Garmin force (also running lithiums so not a fair comparison). As of right now, the ultrex is trash compared to the force. Only time will tell about the longevity and durability of Garmin Force. As of right now, not even close and i had 2 prior boats with ultrex.

To clarify, since some people on here don’t understand opinions, this is strictly my opinion. I don’t think ultrex is trash. I think comparing the two, it’s trash when u compare 1vs1. Longevity is still up for debate on force trolling motor.

Sir, you are trash. Thank you very much. But seriously, I have an Ultrex and to try and make the excuse of upgrade your parts to make it do what it's supposed to is not a good argument. For the money all anglers pay for these things, that shouldn't even be a thing. I love my Ultrex, but have had more issues with it than I can swing a stick at. And everyone else I know for that matter. I have yet to meet someone who's had an Ultrex that didn't have a problem in some, way, shape or form. I keep up with regular maintenance eon mine and have had to swap out almost literally every part at least once. I now just keep spares of everything for that exact reason. To be able to call that a good manufactured product, is ignorant. What if that were your truck or home? That would be completely unacceptable. For anything really. So why keep making excuses for it? Again, when it does what it's supposed to, it's hard to beat, but to defend it bar none, is ridiculous.

I don't have any experience with the Garmin, I know a guy that has one, but again, for the money, if there are that many issues, I would say that's unacceptable as well. So to say one is better than the other, on that basis, based solely on what a particular person bought is just a pissing match at that point. Ya'll boys have a good one and go catch some fish.

Someone needs a hug

Re: Garmin Force trolling motor reviews? [Re: tmd11111] #14099780 08/18/21 07:00 PM
B
bbassfishes Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by tmd11111
Originally Posted by bbassfishes

Someone needs a hug

If it's you, just ask buddy.

Re: Garmin Force trolling motor reviews? [Re: nellie] #14099795 08/18/21 07:11 PM
Huckleberry Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I love it when someone says "I love my X brand trolling motor because it has excellent customer service. After breaking 5 times in the last 2 months, they really took care of me each and every time.

Re: Garmin Force trolling motor reviews? [Re: Huckleberry] #14099804 08/18/21 07:18 PM
B
bbassfishes Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Huckleberry
I love it when someone says "I love my X brand trolling motor because it has excellent customer service. After breaking 5 times in the last 2 months, they really took care of me each and every time.

Minnkota has hands down some of, if not, the worst customer service I have ever dealt with in the fishing market. Or Johnson Outdoors, rather.

Re: Garmin Force trolling motor reviews? [Re: Huckleberry] #14100015 08/18/21 10:22 PM
E
ezbassin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E

Exactly.

Re: Garmin Force trolling motor reviews? [Re: nellie] #14100132 08/18/21 11:38 PM
Cameron Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I can think of 3 guides that had to borrow boats, install their old “fortrex” to get by. The Ultrex will fail you as well, but you won’t be waiting 6 weeks for a simple part.

Re: Garmin Force trolling motor reviews? [Re: Huckleberry] #14100844 08/19/21 03:53 PM
C
Cmack Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C

Damn Huck, you hit the nail square on the head. I argued the exact same point a few years ago when discussing onboard battery chargers. Guys were saying what good customer service they'd gotten from XXX brand chargers. My argument was that if you needed your charger replaced 3 times, that quite possibly you were buying a mediocre product to start with and no amount of customer service would make it a worthwhile investment.

Re: Garmin Force trolling motor reviews? [Re: Huckleberry] #14101010 08/19/21 05:39 PM
T
tsubrett Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T

With technology today, customer service is huge. Nothing is made to last like they used to. We can argue companies until we are blue in the face but somewhere somebody has gotten the shaft by that product. Every product is going to fail. I just want to make sure when it happens, not if, that im going to get taken care of. I had to have my ultrex repaired 3 separate times. Im sure i will have to do the same with garmin foot pedal from the sounds of it. That's the world we live in. Everything is plastic. Nothing is made to last. They dont make warranties for 3 years for a reason. Come 3 years and 1 day, that sucker is going to [censored] out if it already hasnt.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide