Forums59
Topics1,038,942
Posts13,956,051
Members144,183
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
BassCat owners with triangle livewell lids ....step inside #14097632 08/17/21 12:59 AM
F
Frank the Tank Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
F
Was this just Rick trying to do something different in design or was it out of some sort of necessity? I personally like the idea.

Jesus loves all of us
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: BassCat owners with triangle livewell lids ....step inside [Re: Frank the Tank] #14097644 08/17/21 01:11 AM
T
tsubrett Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
When I had my basscat lynx, the triangle lids u really don’t even notice any difference between the triangle or the square traditional design. I can tell u the livewells are huge. They can hold some large fish with a ton of water without cramping like my old skeeter Fx livewells did. I never noticed any less space, or any inconvenience by them being triangular. I know rick posted some videos as to why, but that escapes me at this time. I believe it’s to utilize more of the rear deck storage but that’s just an idea. Me personally, didnt bug one one bit. But then again, neither did the front large lid for the rods on front deck and it was very odd shaped.

Re: BassCat owners with triangle livewell lids ....step inside [Re: Frank the Tank] #14097775 08/17/21 02:40 AM
R
RDLFish Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
The triangle live wells are easier on the fish.

Re: BassCat owners with triangle livewell lids ....step inside [Re: Frank the Tank] #14097822 08/17/21 03:37 AM
F
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
F
Ummmmmm ^^^^^^ ?????

Jesus loves all of us
Re: BassCat owners with triangle livewell lids ....step inside [Re: RDLFish] #14097834 08/17/21 04:01 AM
361V Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by RDLFish
[Linked Image]

Re: BassCat owners with triangle livewell lids ....step inside [Re: Frank the Tank] #14097843 08/17/21 05:15 AM
B
BCB Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
They are easier on fish and they are deeper, plus one side is longer allowing longer fish to fit. This is without folding larger fish in the wells as fish orient quite differently than people think. They won’t lie crossways in a square well, though they will hug the bottom and walls on most wells. The triangle wells offer more water and we’ve shown images of them outside the boats to show their massive sizes.

They also allow higher quality water by focusing the old water in the lower section where it recirculates the worst water, as the ammonia sinks to the bottom. Thus rejuvenating the water in the upper column of the wells. Also giving better temperature controls in those deeper wells.

Since that bottom section(s) has a defined (by design) sump area, the water quality is always improved through that column as the smaller area at the bottom has more flow than volume. Fish gather in that area just as they put their noses on the aerator in a pond or hatchery. It’s where the water is flowing through and replenishing in a focused area.

Everyone boasts we have a XYZ gallon capacity livewell, which 50 gallons is the popular number. When you look inside a pair of livewells on most boats, does it look like they stuck a 55 gallon drum under the deck? Most livewells are much smaller than advertised.

The triangle Wells also give us the mounting of pumps on the angled box walls, and the later feature of the small access doors to those pumps on newer models.

We hope this answers your questions.

BCB

BCB
Re: BassCat owners with triangle livewell lids ....step inside [Re: Frank the Tank] #14097866 08/17/21 09:32 AM
F
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
F
Ahhhhhhh. So the whole livewell is triangular? I did not know that. Cool!!! Thought it was just the lid.

Jesus loves all of us
Re: BassCat owners with triangle livewell lids ....step inside [Re: Frank the Tank] #14097911 08/17/21 11:38 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Frank, no matter how much you suck up, BassCat won’t be giving you a new boat.

Re: BassCat owners with triangle livewell lids ....step inside [Re: Frank the Tank] #14097932 08/17/21 11:57 AM
F
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
F
roflmao

Jesus loves all of us
Re: BassCat owners with triangle livewell lids ....step inside [Re: Frank the Tank] #14097991 08/17/21 12:46 PM
A
angleiron Offline
Angler
Angler
A
You asked and BC answered. Ever see any other boat manufacturers come on here and answer questions? I never have.

Re: BassCat owners with triangle livewell lids ....step inside [Re: Frank the Tank] #14097992 08/17/21 12:48 PM
F
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
F
thumb

Jesus loves all of us
Re: BassCat owners with triangle livewell lids ....step inside [Re: angleiron] #14098049 08/17/21 01:31 PM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
BCB is
Originally Posted by angleiron
You asked and BC answered. Ever see any other boat manufacturers come on here and answer questions? I never have.

BCB is a class act! Excellent Customer Service thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: BassCat owners with triangle livewell lids ....step inside [Re: 361V] #14098093 08/17/21 02:01 PM
J
Jack46 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
Originally Posted by 361V
[Linked Image]

It’s logical to me that 3 corner livewells should be better than 4 corner livewell.

Fish stack up in the corners and rub their noses rosy red. Livewell shapes may play a major role insuring that the boat’s livewell is really a “Functional Livewell.” Bass boats that do not have “Functional Livewells” are automatically disqualified before the blast-off. A top of the line $80,000 bass boat that runs 90 MPH across the lake with “Non-functional Livewells” are totally worthless to any competitive bass tournament fishermen. Any brand of 14 foot aluminum John Boats and a 30 quart ice chest livewll may be the more prudent choice of boats and definitely cheaper for sure.

I have heard numerous different opinions about BCB triangular livewells. I must say that a triangulat livewell is really unique, different for sure. I think they look better than standard old round, oval, square and rectangular livewells and good looks definitely improves bass boat sells and profits too.

Maybe they are special because they are so different than the old mundane shapes of boat livewells or maybe they could be more functional or safer for transporting tournament bass. I don’t think any fish hatchery has figured this shape out yet for their live haul tanks. I imagine they lag behind a few years in innovative equipment and technology. I bet that BCB pays their engineers substantially better than state or federal fish hatcheries too.

I’m impressed with this different, unique livewell design/shape for sure. This shape could really catch on with some of the more innovative bass boat manufacturers. Sometimes new bass boat ideas and technologies catch on and thrive, sometimes they are good ideas and products that are marketed poorly and fail miserably. All that work yields -0- profits, a total waste of time, work, money and months/years of effort.
The folks at Bass Cat Boats are usually not sleepers and slackers. They are always coming up with unique cutting edge stuff on their boats. I imagine slackers and sleepers working at BCB are not employed long.

Water quality problems with triangular shaped livewells?

Will a pair of those V2-T livewell air vents safely oxygenate and cool livewell water sufficiently on a hot August day containing a tournament limit of bass better, worse or the same through triangular livewells with triangular livewell lids?

Which end of the triangular livewell does the fish’s tail go in, the big end of the triangle or the litttle end? It probably makes no difference if the livewell is an equilateral triangle.

Will the BCB Tiger Tank Oxygen System sell better and work better in triangular livewells?

Re: BassCat owners with triangle livewell lids ....step inside [Re: angleiron] #14098131 08/17/21 02:33 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by angleiron

I never have. They may build the most awkward boats out there but they seem to have an awesome ownership.

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: BassCat owners with triangle livewell lids ....step inside [Re: Jack46] #14098163 08/17/21 02:59 PM
F
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted by Jack46
Originally Posted by 361V
[Linked Image]

It’s logical to me that 3 corner livewells should be better than 4 corner livewell.

Fish stack up in the corners and rub their noses rosy red. Livewell shapes may play a major role insuring that the boat’s livewell is really a “Functional Livewell.” Bass boats that do not have “Functional Livewells” are automatically disqualified before the blast-off. A top of the line $80,000 bass boat that runs 90 MPH across the lake with “Non-functional Livewells” are totally worthless to any competitive bass tournament fishermen. Any brand of 14 foot aluminum John Boats and a 30 quart ice chest livewll may be the more prudent choice of boats and definitely cheaper for sure.

I have heard numerous different opinions about BCB triangular livewells. I must say that a triangulat livewell is really unique, different for sure. I think they look better than standard old round, oval, square and rectangular livewells and good looks definitely improves bass boat sells and profits too.

Maybe they are special because they are so different than the old mundane shapes of boat livewells or maybe they could be more functional or safer for transporting tournament bass. I don’t think any fish hatchery has figured this shape out yet for their live haul tanks. I imagine they lag behind a few years in innovative equipment and technology. I bet that BCB pays their engineers substantially better than state or federal fish hatcheries too.

I’m impressed with this different, unique livewell design/shape for sure. This shape could really catch on with some of the more innovative bass boat manufacturers. Sometimes new bass boat ideas and technologies catch on and thrive, sometimes they are good ideas and products that are marketed poorly and fail miserably. All that work yields -0- profits, a total waste of time, work, money and months/years of effort.
The folks at Bass Cat Boats are usually not sleepers and slackers. They are always coming up with unique cutting edge stuff on their boats. I imagine slackers and sleepers working at BCB are not employed long.

Water quality problems with triangular shaped livewells?

Will a pair of those V2-T livewell air vents safely oxygenate and cool livewell water sufficiently on a hot August day containing a tournament limit of bass better, worse or the same through triangular livewells with triangular livewell lids?

Which end of the triangular livewell does the fish’s tail go in, the big end of the triangle or the litttle end? It probably makes no difference if the livewell is an equilateral triangle.

Will the BCB Tiger Tank Oxygen System sell better and work better in triangular livewells?

You can count on it
thumb

Jesus loves all of us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide