Re: So as you watch Afganistan fall [Re: lowew79] #14096515 08/16/21 02:45 AM
J
JCG57 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by lowew79
Not sure it's fair to lay this on Biden, He is a buffoon and inept, but this quagmire was one he inherited.

This moronic exit is all on Biden. Thousands of Afghans that helped us will suffer. We will be very fortunate if some Americans are not captured or killed before we evacuate.

Re: So as you watch Afganistan fall [Re: JCG57] #14096516 08/16/21 02:47 AM
L
lowew79 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by JCG57
Not sure it's fair to lay this on Biden, He is a buffoon and inept, but this quagmire was one he inherited.

This moronic exit is all on Biden. Thousands of Afghans that helped us will suffer. We will be very fortunate if some Americans are not captured or killed before we evacuate.

That's fair but I'd argue that that was never going pot be a GOOD way out of that mess. and it's a mess Biden should never have been handed in the 1st place.

Politicians are like diapers, they both need to be changed often, and for the same reason - Unknown
Re: So as you watch Afganistan fall [Re: WAWI] #14096519 08/16/21 02:49 AM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Trump agreed to get out by May 1st. That will not change that Biden was the one who pulled us out.
Same as Obama.

Re: So as you watch Afganistan fall [Re: WAWI] #14096520 08/16/21 02:53 AM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
Impossible to help if their military leaders are selling their honor, weapons, and country to the Taliban.

[Linked Image]
Re: So as you watch Afganistan fall [Re: CCTX] #14096524 08/16/21 03:03 AM
T
TR176 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by CCTX
Impossible to help if their military leaders are selling their honor, weapons, and country to the Taliban.

Smart money says the political and military were paid off, the events on the ground lead credence to this. Can anyone say villa in the south of France?

Re: So as you watch Afganistan fall [Re: Allison1] #14096525 08/16/21 03:07 AM
Team Skeeterless Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Allison1
Trump agreed to get out by May 1st. That will not change that Biden was the one who pulled us out.
Same as Obama.

Issue is Biden is a puppet and Taliban knows will do nothing. With Trump in charge there was fear from other countries and Taliban as there should have been. Someone with balls to make a call and do something is far more intimidating to other countries than an idiot that couldn’t spell his own name let alone Afghanistan!!

Nick Larsen
Re: So as you watch Afganistan fall [Re: Team Skeeterless] #14096528 08/16/21 03:13 AM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Team Skeeterless
Originally Posted by Allison1
Same as Obama.

Issue is Biden is a puppet and Taliban knows will do nothing. With Trump in charge there was fear from other countries and Taliban as there should have been. Someone with balls to make a call and do something is far more intimidating to other countries than an idiot that couldn’t spell his own name let alone Afghanistan!!

He pulled us out of Syria just a month or two after promising to stay. That opened it up to Iran and Turkey to come in and take over. The kurds who were fighting on our side were left in the dust.

Re: So as you watch Afganistan fall [Re: 921 Phoenix] #14096535 08/16/21 03:22 AM
S
Scagnetti Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by 921 Phoenix
You can always win if you don't quit, we lost Vietnam and Afghanistan because we didn't take them seriously and decided to fight fair and not cross certain lines. You will never win any war by fighting fair.

Absolutely true. America screwed the deal. We veterans don't need to be embarrassed and reminded about it by the likes of your kind.

But on Veterans Day, when I'm with my children and grandchildren, and they ask me about my time in service, we talk of duty, bravery and obligation.

Thank God, I don't have to make weak excuses and say I didn't serve because I was too busy shoveling pig [censored] in Arkansas.

[Linked Image]

Re: So as you watch Afganistan fall [Re: butch sanders] #14096539 08/16/21 03:25 AM
D
Duke 22 Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted by butch sanders
i feel bad for the women & children

how does the taliban have enough troops
to hold all of that territory ?

They don't exactly adhere to the Geneva Convention.

Re: So as you watch Afganistan fall [Re: Scagnetti] #14096557 08/16/21 04:02 AM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Scagnetti
You can always win if you don't quit, we lost Vietnam and Afghanistan because we didn't take them seriously and decided to fight fair and not cross certain lines. You will never win any war by fighting fair.

Absolutely true. America screwed the deal. We veterans don't need to be embarrassed and reminded about it by the likes of your kind.

But on Veterans Day, when I'm with my children and grandchildren, and they ask me about my time in service, we talk of duty, bravery and obligation.

Thank God, I don't have to make weak excuses and say I didn't serve because I was too busy shoveling pig [censored] in Arkansas.

well you should spend more time finding out the truth rather than trying to insult someone I always get banned for it.

I was about 9 year old when vietnam was going on and I have never owned any pigs.

scarce no and everyone didn't have great upbringing to know the right things to do. so you can take your comments and well you know. if you would like to discuss in person I live in wyoming please come by next time you want to insult someone you know nothing about.

Re: So as you watch Afganistan fall [Re: 921 Phoenix] #14096558 08/16/21 04:05 AM
1oldbassguy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by plumbcrazy
Total failure they hate each other and want to kill each other let them do that the whole thing is f'd up the Bible I read doesn't say to kill somebody doesn't agree with you mad

no but he bible does say to protect our kids and women and we started this because of 9-11-2001

we should have just dropped a bomb on them and made glass out of that country. better them dying than us or our kids. That is why Truman dropped the bombs on Japan so their kids would die instead of ours.

you can't possibly believe that he wanted to kill kids . He wanted to stop the war as quick as possible and he knew that Okinawa was going to be a total blood bath for both sides . One of the best books I have ever read was Bill O'Riely's , " Killing the Rising Sun " . Fascinating information on both sides .

Re: So as you watch Afganistan fall [Re: 921 Phoenix] #14096561 08/16/21 04:10 AM
1oldbassguy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler

well you should spend more time finding out the truth rather than trying to insult someone I always get banned for it.

I was about 9 year old when vietnam was going on and I have never owned any pigs.

scarce no and everyone didn't have great upbringing to know the right things to do. so you can take your comments and well you know. if you would like to discuss in person I live in wyoming please come by next time you want to insult someone you know nothing about.

921 ----
this guy is a tool . Half of what he has quoted you is from the movie Patton . Seriously doubt he has an ounce of duty , honor or bravery in his entire body --- just words he is copying from a movie

Re: So as you watch Afganistan fall [Re: 1oldbassguy] #14096563 08/16/21 04:16 AM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by 1oldbassguy
Originally Posted by plumbcrazy
Total failure they hate each other and want to kill each other let them do that the whole thing is f'd up the Bible I read doesn't say to kill somebody doesn't agree with you mad

no but he bible does say to protect our kids and women and we started this because of 9-11-2001

we should have just dropped a bomb on them and made glass out of that country. better them dying than us or our kids. That is why Truman dropped the bombs on Japan so their kids would die instead of ours.

you can't possibly believe that he wanted to kill kids . He wanted to stop the war as quick as possible and he knew that Okinawa was going to be a total blood bath for both sides . One of the best books I have ever read was Bill O'Riely's , " Killing the Rising Sun " . Fascinating information on both sides .

https://www.newsweek.com/harry-truman-regret-hiroshima-1523018
The below is a copy and paste from the link quoting Truman so yea he did say he knew kids and women would be killed.
Yet, in the same period he would assert, "You have got to understand this is not a military weapon. It is used to wipe out women and children and unarmed people.

Re: So as you watch Afganistan fall [Re: lowew79] #14096570 08/16/21 04:18 AM
1oldbassguy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by JCG57

That's fair but I'd argue that that was never going pot be a GOOD way out of that mess. and it's a mess Biden should never have been handed in the 1st place.

this mess was way before Biden and way before Trump . THe difference is our enemies don't fear Biden like they feared Trump . In Trumps 3rd month in office , he dropped 16 warheads on Syria , had to excuse himself from a dinner in Mar a Lago with President Xi , drop those bombs , then return for dessert . Talk about making a bold statement to the world .
Trump would be bombing the [censored] out of the Taliban right now , Biden wants to call them and tell them to play nice .

Re: So as you watch Afganistan fall [Re: 1oldbassguy] #14096572 08/16/21 04:18 AM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by 1oldbassguy

921 ----
this guy is a tool . Half of what he has quoted you is from the movie Patton . Seriously doubt he has an ounce of duty , honor or bravery in his entire body --- just words he is copying from a movie

thanks Oldbassguy and yes you are right and I know. I posted a link to your above question

Page 9 of 40 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 39 40
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide