Forums59
Topics1,039,218
Posts13,961,132
Members144,196
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Garmin Force trolling motor reviews? [Re: nellie] #14094008 08/13/21 05:09 PM
MikeW07 Offline
Angler
Angler
Had mind for several months absolutely no complaints - I would say if the newest ones still have a plastic skeg go ahead and get a metal one - I think I got it from transducer saver on line.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Garmin Force trolling motor reviews? [Re: tsubrett] #14094080 08/13/21 05:50 PM
4Weight Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by tsubrett
Very happy with my garmin force. No differences in spot lock that i have found at all. MUUUCH more quiet than the ultrex i had. Very smooth lift and deploy assist compared to ultrex. Ultrex i would have to step on and pull handle just to get it to deploy. Can see battery indicator and speed visible on top of force trolling motor. nothing with ultrex. Much faster than the ultrex. Batteries last forever with the Ghost (also running lithiums so not a fair comparison). As of right now, the ultrex is trash compared to the force. Only time will tell about the longevity and durability of Garmin Force. As of right now, not even close and i had 2 prior boats with ultrex.

I own an Ultrex and it is not trash. I understand you like your Force as I have friends that have one but to call the Ultrex trash is idiotic.

Aztec Anglers San Juan River Guide Service
www.aztecanglers.com
Re: Garmin Force trolling motor reviews? [Re: 4Weight] #14094104 08/13/21 06:03 PM
F
Frank the Tank Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted by 4Weight
Very happy with my garmin force. No differences in spot lock that i have found at all. MUUUCH more quiet than the ultrex i had. Very smooth lift and deploy assist compared to ultrex. Ultrex i would have to step on and pull handle just to get it to deploy. Can see battery indicator and speed visible on top of force trolling motor. nothing with ultrex. Much faster than the ultrex. Batteries last forever with the Ghost (also running lithiums so not a fair comparison). As of right now, the ultrex is trash compared to the force. Only time will tell about the longevity and durability of Garmin Force. As of right now, not even close and i had 2 prior boats with ultrex.

I own an Ultrex and it is not trash. I understand you like your Force as I have friends that have one but to call the Ultrex trash is idiotic.

yep ^^^^^^

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Garmin Force trolling motor reviews? [Re: nellie] #14094109 08/13/21 06:08 PM
Fishinfellow Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Surprises me how many people don't take the simple steps to make their equipment work better then criticize them lol. Every fortrex/ultrex I've ever had starts getting difficult to stow at some point. One little dab of grease on the pin makes it a breeze to stow and deploy.....That and replacing the plastic pin with a metal one.

Thats my money fish
[Linked Image]
Kris Winhold
Re: Garmin Force trolling motor reviews? [Re: Fishinfellow] #14094127 08/13/21 06:24 PM
4Weight Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Fishinfellow
Surprises me how many people don't take the simple steps to make their equipment work better then criticize them lol. Every fortrex/ultrex I've ever had starts getting difficult to stow at some point. One little dab of grease on the pin makes it a breeze to stow and deploy.....That and replacing the plastic pin with a metal one.

Well said. Where did you get the metal pin for your Ultrex?

www.aztecanglers.com
Re: Garmin Force trolling motor reviews? [Re: nellie] #14094163 08/13/21 06:49 PM
Fishinfellow Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
My newest Ultrex came with a metal latch bar but there are several online places you can get it (and I'm sure some local shops would have some too)
https://trollingmotorparts.com/minn-kota-stainless-latch-bar-fortrex-ultrex/

Thats my money fish
[Linked Image]
Kris Winhold
Re: Garmin Force trolling motor reviews? [Re: Fishinfellow] #14094193 08/13/21 07:14 PM
4Weight Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
My newest Ultrex came with a metal latch bar but there are several online places you can get it (and I'm sure some local shops would have some too)

Many thanks !

www.aztecanglers.com
Re: Garmin Force trolling motor reviews? [Re: nellie] #14094302 08/13/21 09:03 PM
C
coachallentca Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
I liked my ultrex but since I run garmin graphs it made sense for me to go with garmin. I did not have problems with the Ultrex and now I run garmin and love it.. Both are good products and it you run birds you probably will want to go with an Ultrex.

Re: Garmin Force trolling motor reviews? [Re: 4Weight] #14094383 08/13/21 10:27 PM
F
Frank the Tank Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F

Many thanks !

X2!

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Garmin Force trolling motor reviews? [Re: 4Weight] #14094486 08/14/21 12:18 AM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D

He didn't say the ultrex is trash. He said compared to the Force it's trash

Re: Garmin Force trolling motor reviews? [Re: Dubee] #14094519 08/14/21 12:58 AM
4Weight Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Dubee

Bottom line it’s not trash. The Force is not the end all dude.

www.aztecanglers.com
Re: Garmin Force trolling motor reviews? [Re: nellie] #14094543 08/14/21 01:22 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
I want to see the Force and Ghost when they get 4 years old. My 4 year old Ultrex is used 3-4 days a week..and still working as advertised. Some small worn out parts here and there. But cheap and easy to replace wear items.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Garmin Force trolling motor reviews? [Re: 4Weight] #14097311 08/16/21 08:08 PM
T
tsubrett Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Originally Posted by Dubee

Bottom line it’s not trash. The Force is not the end all dude.

The fact that you get your panties in a wad for somebody giving their HONEST opinion is what fires me up. If anybody knows me know i take FAR greater respect and care of my eqiupment than maybe 90% of fisherman out there. I am the guy at the ramp that washes and waxes my boat EVERY single time i fish. I make sure i do EVERYTHING to keep all of my gear in tip top shape. My honest OPINION is the ultrex is trash COMPARED to ghost. Is it trash to own one, negative. Do i think its better in every single way, Absolutely. Will it hold up to years of use. No clue. it could [censored] out tomorrow. I heard the pedal on the force is an issue and something to think about. Just because you think your ultrex is the best out there, doesnt mean i cant give my opinion after ACTUALLY owning both items. So dont feed your one sided bs.

Re: Garmin Force trolling motor reviews? [Re: tsubrett] #14097463 08/16/21 10:42 PM
T
T21x Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Have owned both and Utrex is what i have gone back with. Its just better response and holds position closer than Garmin in my opinion. It is nosier but I can overcome that with performance. Just sad that the manufactures dedicate their products to one style of graphs instead of working with all.

Re: Garmin Force trolling motor reviews? [Re: 4Weight] #14097494 08/16/21 11:14 PM
E
ezbassin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E

I agree. I know someone that has gone through 3 Garmin trolling motors and now he has an ultrex back on the boat because the Garmins keep breaking on him. His third one lasted one day before it broke.

You say you have a grrmin force then you say battries last forever with the Ghost so which one do you have? You don't seem to know what you have. The Ghost and the Force are different brands of trolling motors.

Last edited by ezbassin; 08/16/21 11:16 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide