Page 1 of 2 1 2
Describe Boat Brand Performance..? #14089744 08/10/21 12:11 PM
D
DCott Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
For those of you who have ridden in or drove multiple different boats and configurations, how would you describe some of them?

Looking for the Great, good, bad, or ugly…

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Describe Boat Brand Performance..? [Re: DCott] #14089751 08/10/21 12:16 PM
Walls Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
https://www.youtube.com/user/KenSmithFishing/videos

Scroll past the few dozen Basscat videos he's done recently and look for different brands (BC included) of his "great bass boat search" series. More objective information than you could ever get on a thread here. cheers

Re: Describe Boat Brand Performance..? [Re: DCott] #14089795 08/10/21 01:00 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
BassCat fits three outta four. Great, good, and ugly.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Describe Boat Brand Performance..? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14089832 08/10/21 01:25 PM
C
ChanceHuiet Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Everyone has opinions lol. I personally think there isn't a better looking boat made than a Cat.

To the OP what brand are you looking at specifically?

Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman
I can backlash toilet paper.
Re: Describe Boat Brand Performance..? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14089851 08/10/21 01:41 PM
B
BCB Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
SteezMacQueen,
Thanks for the compliment(s)... we are good with values of shared opinions as we all have them.
BCB

BCB
Re: Describe Boat Brand Performance..? [Re: DCott] #14089911 08/10/21 02:26 PM
A
avid_basser Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
A
As as an outsider that looked at many brands before settling on my current rig...here's what I learned in 2018 when looking:

Nitro = Cheaper of the bunch starting out...then all the accessories add up. The ride of the new hull is nice and the deck is plenty for the average fisherman. Speed isn't the greatest but an experienced driver can make up for that. Looks are good but nothing that stands out as WOW.

Triton = I'd give it the same review as Nitro. This was my #3 pick when I was boat shopping if that helps due to the affordability at the time I was looking.

Ranger = Most expensive in most of the boats...well rigged from the start. The ride is slower than most hulls due to the weight and other attributes. They are to me like a Cadillac. Very nice fit / finish on the inside and have some neat gadgets. Ride in this boat in bigger water is up towards the top. Looks...man I haven't seen a Ranger in years that doesn't make you take another look. They also have some of the highest resale.

Phoenix = They are made very well. Ride very smooth. And one of the faster hulls I've been on. They lean towards the tournament angler so the fit / finish / layout is well thought out. The speed...well that's a whole next level. They also have this race look with the hull wings, if you're into that. This boat can handle some crazy water and I've been in a 618 in some ROUGH water and it handled it like a champ.

Skeeter = If I were in the market today...this would be on my short list. Only because I've been in several around here and the dealerships and services areas are a plenty. They have a great layout with plenty of space and storage. The ride is up there along with speed. You can get into a larger Skeeter for a decent price without being raked over the coals as well.

BCB = Layout is funky...but I like the well thought out portion of it. The ride is more like a Ferrari than a Cadillac. They flat out scoot. The fit / finish is very good and they seem to use some high quality materials / screws / fittings / etc. The one thing I can look past is the oh "s###" handle. It seems out of place in a bass boat, but when you're hauling tail you'll see why it's needed.

I left a few others off as I've had limited time on them or they are no longer being made (aka Legend).

Re: Describe Boat Brand Performance..? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14090038 08/10/21 04:25 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S

roflmao this for sure

Re: Describe Boat Brand Performance..? [Re: BCB] #14090276 08/10/21 06:54 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by BCB
SteezMacQueen,
Thanks for the compliment(s)... we are good with values of shared opinions as we all have them.
BCB

cheers

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Describe Boat Brand Performance..? [Re: DCott] #14090345 08/10/21 07:39 PM
Fishinfellow Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I will say I've noticed that BassCat has a different "feel" to them. They feel like the top cap and hull are one solid piece, feels different than the "jarring" feeling you get in most boats when its rough out.

Thats my money fish
[Linked Image]
Kris Winhold
Re: Describe Boat Brand Performance..? [Re: DCott] #14090351 08/10/21 07:44 PM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Picked up a Phoenix a few weeks ago but my dream boat is still a Lynx

Re: Describe Boat Brand Performance..? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14090635 08/11/21 12:22 AM
E
ezbassin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E

Ugly is not one. You need to have your vision checked. Vexus, glass, now that is one ugly boat.

Last edited by ezbassin; 08/11/21 12:23 AM.
Re: Describe Boat Brand Performance..? [Re: Fishinfellow] #14090639 08/11/21 12:25 AM
E
ezbassin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by Fishinfellow
I will say I've noticed that BassCat has a different "feel" to them. They feel like the top cap and hull are one solid piece, feels different than the "jarring" feeling you get in most boats when its rough out.

Exactly, you don't feel your ribs bouncing out of place in a BassCat like you do with other boats.

Re: Describe Boat Brand Performance..? [Re: avid_basser] #14090642 08/11/21 12:30 AM
D
Duke 22 Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted by avid_basser
As as an outsider that looked at many brands before settling on my current rig...here's what I learned in 2018 when looking:

Nitro = Cheaper of the bunch starting out...then all the accessories add up. The ride of the new hull is nice and the deck is plenty for the average fisherman. Speed isn't the greatest but an experienced driver can make up for that. Looks are good but nothing that stands out as WOW.

Triton = I'd give it the same review as Nitro. This was my #3 pick when I was boat shopping if that helps due to the affordability at the time I was looking.

Ranger = Most expensive in most of the boats...well rigged from the start. The ride is slower than most hulls due to the weight and other attributes. They are to me like a Cadillac. Very nice fit / finish on the inside and have some neat gadgets. Ride in this boat in bigger water is up towards the top. Looks...man I haven't seen a Ranger in years that doesn't make you take another look. They also have some of the highest resale.

Phoenix = They are made very well. Ride very smooth. And one of the faster hulls I've been on. They lean towards the tournament angler so the fit / finish / layout is well thought out. The speed...well that's a whole next level. They also have this race look with the hull wings, if you're into that. This boat can handle some crazy water and I've been in a 618 in some ROUGH water and it handled it like a champ.

Skeeter = If I were in the market today...this would be on my short list. Only because I've been in several around here and the dealerships and services areas are a plenty. They have a great layout with plenty of space and storage. The ride is up there along with speed. You can get into a larger Skeeter for a decent price without being raked over the coals as well.

BCB = Layout is funky...but I like the well thought out portion of it. The ride is more like a Ferrari than a Cadillac. They flat out scoot. The fit / finish is very good and they seem to use some high quality materials / screws / fittings / etc. The one thing I can look past is the oh "s###" handle. It seems out of place in a bass boat, but when you're hauling tail you'll see why it's needed.

I left a few others off as I've had limited time on them or they are no longer being made (aka Legend).

This is pretty spot on imo, I run a Phoenix 21PHX and don't really have a complaint one. Then I drove and fished in a new Caymas and it had me second guessing my original purchase.

Re: Describe Boat Brand Performance..? [Re: Duke 22] #14090675 08/11/21 01:06 AM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Duke 22
Originally Posted by avid_basser

This is pretty spot on imo, I run a Phoenix 21PHX and don't really have a complaint one. Then I drove and fished in a new Caymas and it had me second guessing my original purchase.

Those Caymas boats are some bad mo fos, I will have me one soon.

[Linked Image]
Re: Describe Boat Brand Performance..? [Re: DCott] #14090765 08/11/21 02:44 AM
O
ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50) Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
O
In the past year have ridden in Triton, Ranger, Nitro, and Phoenix boats. I rode in a Skeeter as well but its been a couple of years ago. I fish co-angler tournaments so it allows me to experience different boats and when a major tournament comes to northeast Texas you can usually get a test rides as well. The ride is what I really look for because of my age I don't want to take a beating. Based on that alone this is the order I'd put them in; smoothest being the first. Ranger, Nitro, Phoenix, Triton, and then Skeeter. If I had to choose a boat today based on ride alone plus reviews I've read the Phoenix would get my vote. Ranger and Nitro had a far superior ride but I've heard to many horror stories on both brands in recent years, I wouldn't rule out a Triton or a Skeeter because they are close to the Phoenix in ride and the difference could have actually been the conditions the day I rode in these two brands.
Oh and I just wanted to add Bass Cat just for shear speed. I haven't ridden in one but when I was fishing out of a Triton TRX21 in a BFL the guy I was fishing with tried to run down a Bass Cat: It was probably either a Puma or a Cougar, and we kept loosing ground to it. We must have followed it for 5 miles or better running wide open or nearly wide open and it was steadily pulling away. By the time we stopped following you could barely see it.. I'd really like to ride in a Bass Cat as well.

Last edited by ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50); 08/11/21 03:11 AM.

2012 ZX200 Skeeter
2012 Yamaha 200 SHO

Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Proud student of the Pro Staffer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzwF72B2F2w&t=14s
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide