Re: New Bass Cat [Re: Minner Bucket] #14077860 07/30/21 03:28 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Douglas J

I will likely buy another Cat if I decide I want another boat. It's been a month I have not had anyone blocking a ramp or fishing on top of me, kind of nice, LOL!!

Someone made the comment that they “heard” the 2022 ZXR was going to have the FXR deck layout. Allegedly getting rid of the long double center boxes, not sure if their comment had any merit or not. I’d look hard at a ZXR if they go that route. We only have 3 brands to pick from down here: Skeeter, Nitro or BCB. The lack of QC is a bit scary though on Skeeter.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: New Bass Cat [Re: BTwrestle04] #14077862 07/30/21 03:30 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by BTwrestle04
I assume you liked your Eyra? I love my Puma really. I just want out of the 2-stroke game, honestly. My gut was telling me to go with an Eyra for my next boat with a 4-stroke ProXS but this new Puma throws a wrench in all of my prior plans.

The Erya rides as good if not better and much drier than most other 21+ boats made today. I fished alone 50% of the time and it was awesome and it fished well with a co as well.

It was a very good boat. Mine was one of the first built after the reintroduction in 2011.

Th3e new STS Puma is a wide body type boat and it looks awesome as well!

#MFGA
Re: New Bass Cat [Re: grout-scout] #14078024 07/30/21 12:58 PM
T
Tyler Kalishek Offline
Angler
Angler
T
Originally Posted by grout-scout

I will likely buy another Cat if I decide I want another boat. It's been a month I have not had anyone blocking a ramp or fishing on top of me, kind of nice, LOL!!

Someone made the comment that they “heard” the 2022 ZXR was going to have the FXR deck layout. Allegedly getting rid of the long double center boxes, not sure if their comment had any merit or not. I’d look hard at a ZXR if they go that route. We only have 3 brands to pick from down here: Skeeter, Nitro or BCB. The lack of QC is a bit scary though on Skeeter.

I had heard the same thing f

Re: New Bass Cat [Re: grout-scout] #14078058 07/30/21 01:15 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by grout-scout

It's not a rumor. 2022 ZXRs have the FXR deck layout now. A few have already shipped that way.

Re: New Bass Cat [Re: meP2too] #14078135 07/30/21 02:03 PM
Sinkey Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Originally Posted by meP2too
Originally Posted by Sinkey
Originally Posted by BigDozer66
Originally Posted by Cass Caldwell
Definitely the most innovative company in the business.

They don't just sit around and hope people will keep buying the same thing! cheers

Innovative is not just changing the configuration of your deck layout, which frankly I think is horrible. I have several friends with Cats, and I will say, they do build a good boat with outstanding customer service. But its just not for me. I still think its one of the ugliest boats on the market and front deck fishability is not that great.

Really, its a simple symmetrical layout.
Two rod boxes on each side of the front deck and lots of storage in the middle of the deck, rear deck has storage on both sides with live wells in the middle. Darn near identical to your bug boat, less the cracks, less the plastic [censored] breaking, and less the seat stitching coming apart.

Pretty sad when Skeeter’s innovation is to copy a Ranger hull.

No, its a damn jigsaw puzzle. And all I said is its ugly and not for me! If you actually would read for once....I said they make great boats with great service. But out of 8 Skeeters Ive owned, I have not had any...not one of the issues you just mentioned about Skeeter. You sound like bandwagon guy that jumps on what everyone is saying. But Skeeters hull is no where near Rangers hull! And that comment basically shows you have no clue what you are talking about.

Re: New Bass Cat [Re: Minner Bucket] #14078161 07/30/21 02:23 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
The skeeter guys are an excitable bunch. Like a hornet's nest just waiting to get stirred up. roflmao

Re: New Bass Cat [Re: WAWI] #14078165 07/30/21 02:26 PM
M
MagFluker Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Originally Posted by WAWI
The skeeter guys are an excitable bunch. Like a hornet's nest just waiting to get stirred up. roflmao

roflmao Even in a Cat thread

Kyle in NC

PB 11.1

Re: New Bass Cat [Re: MagFluker] #14078173 07/30/21 02:31 PM
Sinkey Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Originally Posted by MagFluker

Cause you guys never bump your gums on Skeeter threads, right? roflmao

Re: New Bass Cat [Re: Sinkey] #14078239 07/30/21 03:27 PM
Minner Bucket Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by MagFluker

Cause you guys never bump your gums on Skeeter threads, right? roflmao

Lots of threads in early 2018 with you touting Phoenix over Skeeter, best ride, best layout, faster………Of course that’s only when you owned it and then when you we’re trying to sell it. Guess it’s just what ever you own at the time that is “the best”…

I own a Skeeter and have had my share of issues but overall it’s been a solid boat. But, just because it’s the brand I own, doesn’t make it the best.

Re: New Bass Cat [Re: Minner Bucket] #14078317 07/30/21 04:36 PM
Sinkey Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Phoenix and Skeeter have a very similar deck layout. I think Phoenix has a better cockpit layout than Skeeter. But again, not saying one is better than the other. Not saying any brand is better than another. Comes down to personal preferences. Im not on a Team deal with Skeeter like I was years back. I own them cause they have never let me down and frankly have never had any issues with them. I had a ton of issues with that Phoenix, and was very disappointed in it. But again, not to say Id never own another one. But just cause I say I dont like how the deck looks in the pic YOU posted, doesnt mean Im dogging BCB. I know about their track records with boats and service. Shoot, next to Fred at DSM, Tommy out at Rockwall is about as good as it comes. And just like me with Skeeters, most my friends running Cats always re-buy Cats, cause theyve never let them down. Dealer, boat, etc.

Re: New Bass Cat [Re: Sinkey] #14078346 07/30/21 04:56 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Phoenix and Skeeter have a very similar deck layout. I think Phoenix has a better cockpit layout than Skeeter. But again, not saying one is better than the other. Not saying any brand is better than another. Comes down to personal preferences. Im not on a Team deal with Skeeter like I was years back. I own them cause they have never let me down and frankly have never had any issues with them. I had a ton of issues with that Phoenix, and was very disappointed in it. But again, not to say Id never own another one. But just cause I say I dont like how the deck looks in the pic YOU posted, doesnt mean Im dogging BCB. I know about their track records with boats and service. Shoot, next to Fred at DSM, Tommy out at Rockwall is about as good as it comes. And just like me with Skeeters, most my friends running Cats always re-buy Cats, cause theyve never let them down. Dealer, boat, etc.

I do not wish to do the research, but I remember some of your comments that one could draw a conclusion that a Phoenix was "junk". You jumped out of a that brand so fast, I often wonder if there was some issue that you are being polite and not sharing on the inner-webs, with your particular boat.

I really like the ZXR for the value. I just want to read and hear about less QC issues on so many brand new boats. I am curious to see the new deck layout, but I was a coffin lid fan from running an Erya.

But at the end of the day we all buy what we want or what we can afford.

#MFGA
Re: New Bass Cat [Re: Minner Bucket] #14078347 07/30/21 04:57 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
The old stress crack comments were the ones that set a lot of Bug owners afire, back in the day. flame

#MFGA
Re: New Bass Cat [Re: Minner Bucket] #14078371 07/30/21 05:19 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I like that BC is being innovative and listening to their customers.
I saw one thing that I did not comment on because I did not want to butt into a BC thread, throwing it down.
The new boat latches are almost the same as the boat latches Allison has been using on its boats for over 2 decades.

I do like the ones in my boat. It has two types.
One has a button which makes that lever pop up. That is on the rod box. The other boxes just have a hole in the latch that you pull up to release the latch. All are keyed.

Re: New Bass Cat [Re: Allison1] #14078381 07/30/21 05:27 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by Allison1
I saw one thing that I did not comment on because I did not want to butt into a BC thread, throwing it down.
The new boat latches are almost the same as the boat latches Allison has been using on its boats for over 2 decades.

One has a button which makes that lever pop up. That is on the rod box. The other boxes just have a hole in the latch that you pull up to release the latch. All are keyed.

If you're going to copy something it might as well be from a quality handmade boat!!

#MFGA
Re: New Bass Cat [Re: Douglas J] #14078417 07/30/21 05:51 PM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Allison1

If you're going to copy something it might as well be from a quality handmade boat!!

Every boat should use them but I'm sure they cost a few dollars more! cowboy

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide