S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
She doesn’t want to admit she doesn’t stand a chance at winning.

Unless this is sarcasm, it’s the silliest post I’ve seen in a long time she hasn’t lost since like 2013. She was the heavy favorite by far and is doing things male gymnasts can’t even do. She’s in another stratosphere.

Yes. Sarcasm.

Saying that….she should have sucked it up, and carried her weight.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: USA Women's Gymnastics [Re: Duck_Hunter] #14075213 07/27/21 10:09 PM
1oldbassguy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Patriot Guard Rider
So the "World's Greatest Gymnyst of All Time" QUIT on her team, because she wasn't in the right headspace. Welcome to the snowflake society.

It’s a little more complicated than that.

She was going to retire, but she stayed on the team to see the Larry Nassar case through, because she felt it would lend more credence if an active gymnast was testifying against him.

The judges are sandbagging her scores by not giving her the difficulty scores she should receive. One guess as to why is because she is doing things that are so complicated they’re afraid other competitors will try things they’re not good enough to do, just to be competitive, which could have terrible results. Another guess is, she’s so much better than everyone else and the stunts she’s attempting are so complicated, that are trying to make it more interesting by having her scores be somewhat close to the competition.

And yesterday, something was clearly wrong with her. She almost missed the vault and almost ran off the floor during her floor routine. She cost the team a gold yesterday, and by stepping down, she allowed them to at least win silver. It would be similar to a pitcher knowing he doesn’t have his stuff and telling his coach as such after giving up three runs in an inning.

Now, I will say that “I’m not in the right headspace” sounds ridiculous. I wouldn’t call her a snowflake, but I’m not exactly sure how the most dominant gymnast probably ever doesn’t have her A game in the Olympics. But I’d rather her step back for the good of the team, especially when she could easily end up paralyzed based on how bad she was yesterday.

the above is spot on , I was put in gymnastics with my sister at a very young age . I Had a Belgium coach my first 3 years , then a Japanese coach the next 6 . We were being groomed for the Olympics . 3 1/2 to 4 hours a day , 6 days a week . My coach from Japan competed in the 1964 Tokyo Olympics as the 1st alternate . He pushed us crazy hard . Brutal sport on the body . My hands , arms , legs and feet NEVER felt good . I eventually had to leave the sport at 14 due to back injuries ( broke my L4 twice ) . I had a team mate , named Roy Palasou that made the US Olympic team in 1980 --- the year we boycotted going to Russia . He is the only gymnast I knew that didn't have a serious injury ever ,
Gymnastics is brutal on the body . If Biles wasn't right in her head ( for any reason ) --- she did the right thing . Not only for her team , but also for her safety . I believe they don't really know how to score some of her insane tricks --- how do you score something never done before ?
Do you remember Olga Korbut ? She was the first ever to do a back somersault on beam . Today , that is not even considered hard . My sister was one of the first US to do the same trick . She could do it easily in practice ---- but only made about 50% of them in competition --- it was a move that made her " think " . She gave up a full ride to Long Beach State because she was tired of her body being in constant pain .
Biles is the GOAT ------ not even close .

Re: USA Women's Gymnastics [Re: 1oldbassguy] #14075218 07/27/21 10:14 PM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by 1oldbassguy
Originally Posted by Patriot Guard Rider
So the "World's Greatest Gymnyst of All Time" QUIT on her team, because she wasn't in the right headspace. Welcome to the snowflake society.

It’s a little more complicated than that.

She was going to retire, but she stayed on the team to see the Larry Nassar case through, because she felt it would lend more credence if an active gymnast was testifying against him.

The judges are sandbagging her scores by not giving her the difficulty scores she should receive. One guess as to why is because she is doing things that are so complicated they’re afraid other competitors will try things they’re not good enough to do, just to be competitive, which could have terrible results. Another guess is, she’s so much better than everyone else and the stunts she’s attempting are so complicated, that are trying to make it more interesting by having her scores be somewhat close to the competition.

And yesterday, something was clearly wrong with her. She almost missed the vault and almost ran off the floor during her floor routine. She cost the team a gold yesterday, and by stepping down, she allowed them to at least win silver. It would be similar to a pitcher knowing he doesn’t have his stuff and telling his coach as such after giving up three runs in an inning.

Now, I will say that “I’m not in the right headspace” sounds ridiculous. I wouldn’t call her a snowflake, but I’m not exactly sure how the most dominant gymnast probably ever doesn’t have her A game in the Olympics. But I’d rather her step back for the good of the team, especially when she could easily end up paralyzed based on how bad she was yesterday.

the above is spot on , I was put in gymnastics with my sister at a very young age . I Had a Belgium coach my first 3 years , then a Japanese coach the next 6 . We were being groomed for the Olympics . 3 1/2 to 4 hours a day , 6 days a week . My coach from Japan competed in the 1964 Tokyo Olympics as the 1st alternate . He pushed us crazy hard . Brutal sport on the body . My hands , arms , legs and feet NEVER felt good . I eventually had to leave the sport at 14 due to back injuries ( broke my L4 twice ) . I had a team mate , named Roy Palasou that made the US Olympic team in 1980 --- the year we boycotted going to Russia . He is the only gymnast I knew that didn't have a serious injury ever ,
Gymnastics is brutal on the body . If Biles wasn't right in her head ( for any reason ) --- she did the right thing . Not only for her team , but also for her safety . I believe they don't really know how to score some of her insane tricks --- how do you score something never done before ?
Do you remember Olga Korbut ? She was the first ever to do a back somersault on beam . Today , that is not even considered hard . My sister was one of the first US to do the same trick . She could do it easily in practice ---- but only made about 50% of them in competition --- it was a move that made her " think " . She gave up a full ride to Long Beach State because she was tired of her body being in constant pain .
Biles is the GOAT ------ not even close .

Did you ever get to meet Chazz Michael Michaels?

Re: USA Women's Gymnastics [Re: KidKrappie] #14075239 07/27/21 10:36 PM
L
lconn4 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
L
Originally Posted by fishin'aholic2
I didn't know there were so many Olympians here that knows what it feels like to be in her shoes.... Now I know

roflmao

A good rule of angling philosophy is not to interfere with another fisherman's ways of being happy, unless you want to be hated.
Zane Grey, Tales of Fishes, 1919

https://vimeo.com/73372194
https://vimeo.com/72859045

Re: USA Women's Gymnastics [Re: T Bird] #14075284 07/27/21 11:30 PM
CaptainCrunch Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
She's brought home 6 Olympic medals for us, I'd say she's done her part for America.

Re: USA Women's Gymnastics [Re: T Bird] #14075286 07/27/21 11:34 PM
C
coolray Offline
Team Redneck
Team Redneck
C
Do they still have the ribbon on a stick contest, I might watch that.

Re: USA Women's Gymnastics [Re: T Bird] #14075321 07/28/21 12:19 AM
T
Ted Dyer Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T
She has the yips.

flagtexas
Courage - knowing something will hurt and still doing it.
Stupidity - knowing something will hurt and still doing it.

That’s why life is difficult
Re: USA Women's Gymnastics [Re: T Bird] #14075326 07/28/21 12:26 AM
D
drift4fish Offline
Angler
Angler
D
Hey, I sucked at golf today. First 3 holes, I was like 7 over, but you know what? I sucked it up and straightened my game out
and had a great day in the end. Okay, in full disclosure, the beer cart lady may have helped out a little.

Liberalism is a mental disorder
Re: USA Women's Gymnastics [Re: Ted Dyer] #14075334 07/28/21 12:35 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Ted Dyer
She has the yips.

Pretty much.

[Linked Image]
Re: USA Women's Gymnastics [Re: drift4fish] #14075341 07/28/21 12:40 AM
B
bradnitro175 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by drift4fish
Hey, I sucked at golf today. First 3 holes, I was like 7 over, but you know what? I sucked it up and straightened my game out
and had a great day in the end. Okay, in full disclosure, the beer cart lady may have helped out a little.

I was gunna say...

Originally Posted by Trickster
BIG FAT BASS LIVES MATTER

Re: USA Women's Gymnastics [Re: drift4fish] #14075351 07/28/21 12:51 AM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S

You should share that story with her via Napster or whatever app the kids are using these days. Would probably pep her up a little...get her back flipping and pomel-horsing for America again!

Re: USA Women's Gymnastics [Re: Sawhorse] #14075358 07/28/21 12:58 AM
J
JCG57 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Sawhorse

You should share that story with her via Napster or whatever app the kids are using these days. Would probably pep her up a little...get her back flipping and pomel-horsing for America again!

Good idea, but gym chicks don't pommel.

Re: USA Women's Gymnastics [Re: T Bird] #14075366 07/28/21 01:06 AM
B
bshort Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
These are the children of those who "earned" participation trophies.

Re: USA Women's Gymnastics [Re: T Bird] #14075389 07/28/21 01:31 AM
H
HasBen Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
H
I made myself watch women’s gymnastics tonight and the “interviews” with Biles. My opinion is that she quit on her team. Too many vague responses to questions and nothing physical going on. If I’m wrong, I’m wrong but it just seems to me to have the smell of someone quitting at just the wrong time.

"Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness."-Mark Twain
Re: USA Women's Gymnastics [Re: John175☮] #14075395 07/28/21 01:33 AM
D
Dan21XRS Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by John175☮
She'll talk with Oprah and we can find out what happened.

And make a few $,$$$,$$$ in the process... Dan

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide