Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Drifting with no wind… #14074129 07/26/21 09:32 PM
🍀El Gato Azul🍀 Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Here is our latest fishing video. We pulled boards with 3mph wind on a 100° July Day. These are some of the toughest conditions to catch Blues but we managed to get 12 in an hour and a half. There are lots of graph pics throughout, some how- to throughout the video, Tips, and quite a few funny things. We also did a catch clean and cook as well. It’s long but if you have the time to check it out I put slot of good stuff on this one. Thanks for watching fellas and don’t forget to subscribe to help me hit 80 subscribers. I’m starting to do slot more how-to’s snd tips throughout these videos so hope y’all enjoy snd more importantly I hope it helps a few guys get these Blues figured out!

There is a fine line between fishing and floating around like an idiot!!
texas Check out out my YouTube channel El Gato Azul TV texas
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0aV-uOxzxKxeqFFfREzKg
⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️ Home of little boys holding big catfish! ⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️
Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Drifting with no wind… [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14074222 07/26/21 10:58 PM
C
cvitale Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
I really enjoyed the video! cheers

Re: Drifting with no wind… [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14074226 07/26/21 11:01 PM
E
Ed-n-eddy Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
E
thumb great vid

1987 Whaler Super Sport 17, Yamaha 90
1981 Whaler Sport 13, Johnson 50
Re: Drifting with no wind… [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14074235 07/26/21 11:10 PM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Thanks Chris…It was some tough fishing but i wanted to show some guys that in spite of no wind, 100° heat, and bluebird skies you can still catch fish. Im trying to add graph pics and tips along the way to help some fellas get em figured out too. I’m also trying to capture some of the funny stuff that fishing with my little Texas Tornado presents and it’s getting a little better eat video. Fun stuff man! Thanks for watching and joining us on our journey to Catville, USA.

Re: Drifting with no wind… [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14074243 07/26/21 11:14 PM
L
littlewheel Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Great video

Shannon Wheeler
Lake Fork Channel Catfish Guide
Cheeseologist at Stubbys Cheesebait
903-987-2315
Re: Drifting with no wind… [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14074244 07/26/21 11:15 PM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Thanks Ed cheers…it’s been a looong time since I’ve see you and Eddy on the water. We’re headed to Dinosaur Valley Saturday but then we’ll be back fishing Sunday. If you and Eddy want to come fish with me and Jaxon soon y’all are welcome to join us. It’s an early morning bite through September but I can pull the boys on the tube after we catch some fish.

Re: Drifting with no wind… [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14074245 07/26/21 11:16 PM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Thanks Shannon cheers Glad you enjoyed it amigo!

Re: Drifting with no wind… [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14074301 07/27/21 12:11 AM
T
tx130 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Good stuff man.

Re: Drifting with no wind… [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14074362 07/27/21 01:47 AM
Bluecat Bob Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Bravo!

I now need to Google those 'Planer Boards', and also how to translate that fish finder dash to see the fish.

Hah!

*subscribed*

Retired from the grind and enjoying life and the great outdoors ### Formerly Texas Brit ###
Re: Drifting with no wind… [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14074416 07/27/21 03:11 AM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Thanks Tx and Tex. I appreciate y’all’s support. I’m gonna try my hardest to ramp up all my subscribers and TFF bros as we get this YouTube thing going strong. All aboard the El Gato Azul Express! Next stop is Trophy Town. We are all headed for Catfish Glory amigos!

I use parks planer boards and I get them from burning drag tackle. I’ve been running planer boards for going on 6 years now and they have changed the way I fish. I got my first set on a guided trip with Zakk Royce just before he broke the NC state record and got famous. When I brought that first set back to Texas 6 yrs ago they got a ton of laughs from just about every catfisherman I came across. “ You troll for Catfish?“ with a chuckle was the standard response I got from just about everyone. These days you can’t hardly find a catfisherman who doesn’t use them and now nobody’s laughing. They are easy to use and difficult to master. Start with 1 set and as you get over the learning curve you can add a second and 3rd set and tons of different wrinkles to your drift game. You’ll be able to fish areas and put your baits on structure you could never fish before. I guarantee you they will put more fish and bigger fish in the boat.

I will also get a side image video put together this fall when the big fish show back up in my lake and I’m able to locate them with my electronics. Learning side image is like learning Swahili or Chinese but once you know what your looking at you will stop questioning what your doing as the lightbulbs turn on and your Catfishing ability will take off like a rocket. One thing I ask of guys is to practice big fish conservation and CPR all fish over 10 lbs.

Last edited by 🍀El Gato Azul🍀; 07/27/21 04:21 AM.

Re: Drifting with no wind… [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14074440 07/27/21 03:47 AM
T
tx130 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
I was going to ask you if you had plans for a side imaging video. I have a Helix too but havent seen any bigger fish on it yet to be able to compare to what im seeing

Re: Drifting with no wind… [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14074451 07/27/21 04:20 AM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
I don’t really have many plans Tx except to fish as much as possible with my son and try and video our adventures along the way. I do plan on fishing with my TFF buddies again now that my son is getting more seasoned.

When someone shows interest or requests something in particular for a video I try and oblige. I’m not in this Catfishing thing to try and make money or whatever. I’m in it for the pure love of catching big fish and my drive to pass on this way of life to my son and anyone else who shares my passion and excitement for fishing.

We fish a variety of ways and every week is different. Bluecatn ain’t easy and when I’m able to help someone get something figured out it’s a feather In my cap knowing the everlasting mark that fishing makes on someone.

We also travel fish quite a bit and now that my son is big enough to winter fish we’ll be able to fish the Trophy lakes like Twok, Lavon, and Texoma and I’m excited to get back to doing that again. I’m going to be showing more of how we get down on these Blues so glad to to have you on board. I’m excited to get to show y’all what we can do when we fish real Trophy Cat fisheries and I’m even more fired up for my son to get in on the action. He really has no idea what real Trophy Catn is about but this year he’s gonna know for sure. .

Last edited by 🍀El Gato Azul🍀; 07/27/21 11:41 AM.

Re: Drifting with no wind… [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14074542 07/27/21 12:17 PM
Catfish Tim Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Chris, the level of excitement you have for catfishing after all these years of doing it is just like mine! I still feel like a little kid when I see that rod go down. With all we have yet to learn and teach and share I don't see that going away. You keep doin what you do and we'll keep watching and learning! You are the blue cat beacon of TFF!

Catfish Tim
🐟🐟"If it doesn't have whiskers, it's just bait"🐟🐟
Romans 8:1

Re: Drifting with no wind… [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14074552 07/27/21 12:24 PM
F
Fishin' Nut Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
Always a pleasure watching you and Jaxton. You and I must have went to the same catfish cleaning class.

Originally Posted by OTFF
He is truly a sick individual.
Re: Drifting with no wind… [Re: Catfish Tim] #14074667 07/27/21 01:51 PM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Catfish Tim
Chris, the level of excitement you have for catfishing after all these years of doing it is just like mine! I still feel like a little kid when I see that rod go down. With all we have yet to learn and teach and share I don't see that going away. You keep doin what you do and we'll keep watching and learning! You are the blue cat beacon of TFF!

Nothing gets me going like fishing Tim. The preparation, the constant study, the thrill of victory, and the agony of defeat. Not much in this world can provide the emotional roller coaster of fishing. It’s ever changing from day to day, week to week, and year to year, and it never gets old. Even on our worst days of fishing we still manage to have a good time. There are so many different ways to get it done and no man could ever master this sport. No 2 trips are ever the same and the freedom to go your own way makes it perfectly suited fit a guy like me. Getting to watch my son have fun and experience lake life is the best thing a dad could ever hope for. My son and I have built a bond that can never be broken and for that I owe it all to fishing. I thank the lord every day for providing us with such an amazing way to spend our time together. A big part of why I’m on the forum is to share our journey and hopefully make our mark in this world by getting others exited about fishing. The big bonus is I get to meet other anglers like you who share the same passion for fishing. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your friendship and brotherhood and I know we will be lifelong friend. Without fishing we would have never crossed paths so cheers to fishing!!! Work hard and fish harder my friend! god bless and tight lines!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide