Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Tall Livescope Mount? [Re: Asleep At The Reel] #14052838 07/05/21 03:25 PM
M
MasterCaster Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
Originally Posted by Asleep At The Reel
Beatdown Outdoors is the bomb. I am using them now and love it. Does not fold down to the floor, but telescopes up and down and can be taken out in a matter of seconds. Check them out and if you purchase use the code AATR10 for a 10% discount. I am Pro-Staff for them only because I feel they are the best mount and I believe in what they have and their customer service. I cannot say enough about them. I was injured in Afghanistan and have neck problems and looking down as a screen all day put me in pain. Now it is waist high and will swivel if I change sides of the boat. Check out some of my current videos on youtube to see what it looks like.

Chris, do you recommend the quick-disconnect base or the standard? My boat stays on a lift and it appears that you can remove the graph(s) by sliding them off the top. Seems like the QD base is redundant if you can easily remove your units from the top. Any insight?

Re: Tall Livescope Mount? [Re: MasterCaster] #14053088 07/05/21 08:41 PM
A
Asleep At The Reel Offline
Angler
Angler
A
The graphs will not come off the top without removing the top screw cap. You can do it that way, but if you lose that screw cap you run the risk of pulling it up too far and in my case with it in the front of the boat going over board as I am trying to hold two heavy graphs. If your boat is secure you can get away without the quick disconnect, but for me as I travel with it, I love that. I can simply disconnect the cables and pull the entire pole out and take it up to the hotel room. I do not have a link to any videos now, but I know Beatdown Outdoors has some on their website of how the QD works. Personally my recommendation is to get the QD but you know your circumstance better. Some people leave their graphs on the boat in the stall. I wish I had a better answer but to me, the QD is the best option. Hope that helps!

https://lonestarwarriorsoutdoors.org/

ASLEEP AT THE REEL (YouTube)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpYfRLf2MT7MkD-jsDrbMkw
Re: Tall Livescope Mount? [Re: Asleep At The Reel] #14053769 07/06/21 03:46 PM
M
MasterCaster Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
Originally Posted by Asleep At The Reel
The graphs will not come off the top without removing the top screw cap. You can do it that way, but if you lose that screw cap you run the risk of pulling it up too far and in my case with it in the front of the boat going over board as I am trying to hold two heavy graphs. If your boat is secure you can get away without the quick disconnect, but for me as I travel with it, I love that. I can simply disconnect the cables and pull the entire pole out and take it up to the hotel room. I do not have a link to any videos now, but I know Beatdown Outdoors has some on their website of how the QD works. Personally my recommendation is to get the QD but you know your circumstance better. Some people leave their graphs on the boat in the stall. I wish I had a better answer but to me, the QD is the best option. Hope that helps!

Thanks Chris! I’m going with QD base.

Re: Tall Livescope Mount? [Re: Whaler-170] #14059722 07/12/21 08:22 PM
BlueNitro Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I can custom build a solid mount to whatever you desire. Any heights you want and custom bases to fit your boat.

Single mounts - double mounts - ones that hinge over to lay down on your deck for the cover - rotatable.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
The last one also hinges down to fit under his cover and holds 2 - 12" units. The pic was a dri-fit before final finishing so I didn't get a pic folded down.

I'm extremely busy with all my builds and installs (and working a full-time job) but drop me a PM and I'll see what I can do for you.

I also build custom steps.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

LiftSaver Trolling Motor Mounting Bracket - Patent Pending and LiftSaver Transducer Pole Mount
www.liftsavertmmount.com
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Works with MG Xi5, Xi3 and MK Terrova, Ulterra, PD V2 and Riptides as well.

Re: Tall Livescope Mount? [Re: Whaler-170] #14060047 07/13/21 02:16 AM
Drycreek3189 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Blue Nitro, you got some skills brother !

Re: Tall Livescope Mount? [Re: Whaler-170] #14060237 07/13/21 12:40 PM
Whaler-170 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
Thanks Blue Nitro, I appreciate the offer. I’m in the fabrication business full time, I’m currently working on a all aluminum mount now I’ve just been really busy and haven’t had time to finish laying it out.

Re: Tall Livescope Mount? [Re: Whaler-170] #14068930 07/21/21 03:12 PM
F
Flyingjoe Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
F
Whaler, what kind of mount is that for your livescope transducer? Looks adjustable and nice!

big un's or lil' un's as long as I'm catching someting
Re: Tall Livescope Mount? [Re: Flyingjoe] #14070315 07/22/21 08:24 PM
Whaler-170 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
Thanks Flyingjoe they turned out well for my needs. I have several traxstech tracks mounted on my gunnels for downriggers and rod holders for trolling, so I added two short tracks up front and ordered one of their universal lift&turn brackets and modified it for the fishing specialty’s pole mount. I now have one on the port and starboard side. I made a couple of aluminum brackets for rubber clips to stow the pole on the starboard side when running or trailering the boat. I wanted to be able to turn the pole mount inside of the rub rail for docking and tarpping. Everything can be removed fairly quick just leaving the tracks attached to the boat.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Tall Livescope Mount? [Re: Whaler-170] #14070725 07/23/21 03:18 AM
G
G3bassbarge Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
G
Balzout.com

Re: Tall Livescope Mount? [Re: Whaler-170] #14071864 07/24/21 10:55 AM
F
Fishbonz Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted by Whaler-170
Thanks for y’all’s advice. I only need about 14-15 inches of height on the mount since I have it attached to a aluminum switch box I built, and would prefer to stay with rams bolt pattern. I’ll need it to lean toward the deck and be able to pivot from a port to starboard view since I now have a pole mount on both sides. The ram works fine but the rubber on the lower ball is getting softer it seems like.

[Linked Image]

PM sent

HE aka Fishbonz
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide