Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together🎣🍀🎣 #14070070 07/22/21 04:55 PM
🍀El Gato Azul🍀 Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Wanted to go ahead and start a thread about the first annual El Gato Azul Catfishing get-together on Lake Lewisville so we can start bouncing ideas off each other and get the ball rolling. I’m hoping this will be something that some of y’all are interested in and will be the first of many to come.

I’m not the best planner so I’m hoping some of my TFF bros will help me get this thing going.
I don’t mind having the get together on any date or any month of the year as we generally can catch fish year round on Lewisville. Several things to consider though is lack of wind in August and September and it can be brutally hot then which shortens the bite window considerably. The parks are also full that time of the year.
I put in at Lake Park which has good facilities and 2 ramps. It shouldn’t be crowded in October- November and there are playgrounds and plenty of room for the kiddos to play. It has RV camping but no tent camping.
I know Lewisville isn’t the best Bluecat lake by a long shot but don’t worry if your not a seasoned catfisherman as I will be happy to show y’all some good areas on the map to fish and anyone is welcome to follow us around and fish next to us. We scan fast and move around alot until we locate fish. I really enjoy the back and forth hootin and hollerin when we get to fish next to friends so hopefully some of y’all will want to run around the lake with us.
I was thinking mid to late October when the weather is nice and the fishing starts firing up. We can fish hard until 2 or 3 and then come weigh the big fish and fry up the eaters.
This is not a tournament but I was thinking we could do a big fish pot just for fun for whoever is interested. $10-20 pot, winner takes all. Rod and Reels only.
I have a big fish fryer but will need some of y’all to volunteer to bring another fryer, plates, utensils, and hush puppies. Will also need some help cleaning fish and preparing everything.
I want this to be a family get-together where the kids can fish and play so please bring the kiddo if you can. If you don’t have one to bring, that’s fine too.
I’m starting the thread early so we can hammer out the details and get a date in the books.

There is a fine line between fishing and floating around like an idiot!!
texas Check out out my YouTube channel El Gato Azul TV texas
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0aV-uOxzxKxeqFFfREzKg
⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️ Home of little boys holding big catfish! ⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️
Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together🎣🍀🎣 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14070215 07/22/21 06:57 PM
Catfish Tim Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Woo Hoo! I'm in! I can bring a fryer and I will help clean fish, cook fish and make hush puppies. Set up clean up whatever it takes I'll help. When you say bring the family, lookout cause I'm gonna. I will have me, Wyatt, Jer and Sam. That will be a boat full! I like late October, the yacht club should be mostly off the water by then. I'd throw in on a big fish contest. That would be fun...

Logistically, I'll bring a stack of paper plates and cups, utensils, etc... Bring your own drink cooler with your drinks of choice. We gonna start fishing at dawn? What about firewood? Are there fire rings to sit around after we eat? I can bring some firewood. Bring lawn chairs for your crew. What else???

Man I'm stoked. This is gonna be a blast.

cheers fish woot

Catfish Tim
🐟🐟"If it doesn't have whiskers, it's just bait"🐟🐟
Romans 8:1

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together🎣🍀🎣 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14070281 07/22/21 07:48 PM
JJ4MEL Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
I sold my boat, but if someone has room on their boat for me and my 10 year old twin boys, I can pitch in for gas, etc.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together🎣🍀🎣 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14070318 07/22/21 08:29 PM
Catfish Tim Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I am gonna bring fixins for some jalapeno and onion hush puppies and some crispy southern fried batter to go on the eaters we catch. And an adult beverage or two... Hope we can sit around a fire and tell fishin stories (lies) after we eat!

Gato, I've seen you pull plenty of nice blues out of that lake, I'm not worried about catching fish...

Catfish Tim
🐟🐟"If it doesn't have whiskers, it's just bait"🐟🐟
Romans 8:1

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together🎣🍀🎣 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14070367 07/22/21 09:13 PM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
I knew I could count on y’all. There is a covered pavilion with a private restroom, picnic tables, 2 fire rings, sand volleyball court, and a horseshoe pit that I will rent if we get a good response. The pavilion has electricity and water with a food prep station as well.

Your welcome to jump on with me and Action Jaxon Jonathan. I know I’ve been promising to take y’all for the last couple of years and this will be a good opportunity to get it done. It’ll be my pleasure to take you and your boys fishing for the day.

The old lake has some good fish in it Tim but it’s a shadow of Lavon, Twok, Texoma, and quite a few other Trophy Bluecat fisheries we fish. It has a ton of eaters and they are super easy to catch but there is a reason there are no Trophy Cat guides on Lewisville in the winter. They all left for greener pastures. There are lots of teeners and 20s but a 30 is a toad in Lewisville and a 40 is a trophy. We catch a 50 from time to time as well. It’s not one of those lakes where your gonna drift blind and do well on big fish consistently like other lakes but occasionally she shows off pretty good. I always tell guys that if you can catch big fish on Lewisville consistently then you can pretty much go anywhere and do well. It will hone your skills for sure. You know I will have the lake scouted before we fish so I can tell everyone where the fish have been or where I think they might be. Hope we get a good turn out and the old lake spits out a few trophy fish for us.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together🎣🍀🎣 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14070395 07/22/21 09:43 PM
ACES82 Offline
Angler
Angler
I’m starting a new job next week but should be able to fill in a time off by October or November and can help out. Sounds like a fun time!

Never Outsmart Common Sense.
Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together🎣🍀🎣 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14070622 07/23/21 01:19 AM
I
iFloat Offline
Angler
Angler
I
If it's after football season, or on an open date, we're in.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together🎣🍀🎣 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14070835 07/23/21 12:25 PM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Hope y’all can make it. I gave up my Cowboys season tickets when my son was born 5 yrs ago as my priorities changed. 2 yrs ago I gave up on football all together as I saw how the NFL protected wife beaters, drug addicts, and men of poor moral character. I just didn’t want those types of people to influence my son if I could help it. From the Patriots cheating to CTE brain injuries I just decided I didn’t want my son getting started in the sport. Then came the kneelers who disrespect the military and the flag and coming from a military family I decided to walk away completely. I started fishing with my son instead of watching TV and sitting on the couch all day and I haven’t missed it a bit. It is one of the best decisions I ever made especially for my son. We even fish on Super Bowl Sunday now. I grew up playing Football and watching it every Saturday, Sunday, and Monday but I haven’t missed it a bit. Now we have a lot more time to fish!!!

Last edited by 🌊El Gato Azul🌊; 07/23/21 12:54 PM.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together🎣🍀🎣 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14070879 07/23/21 01:02 PM
banker-always fishing Offline
Pumpkin Head
Pumpkin Head
Originally Posted by 🌊El Gato Azul🌊
Hope y’all can make it. I gave up my Cowboys season tickets when my son was born 5 yrs ago as my priorities changed. 2 yrs ago I gave up on football all together as I saw how the NFL protected wife beaters, drug addicts, and men of poor moral character. I just didn’t want those types of people to influence my son if I could help it. From the Patriots cheating to CTE brain injuries I just decided I didn’t want my son getting started in the sport. Then came the kneelers who disrespect the military and the flag and coming from a military family I decided to walk away completely. I started fishing with my son instead of watching TV and sitting on the couch all day and I haven’t missed it a bit. It is one of the best decisions I ever made especially for my son. We even fish on Super Bowl Sunday now. I grew up playing Football and watching it every Saturday, Sunday, and Monday but I haven’t missed it a bit. Now we have a lot more time to fish!!!

Amen! thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together🎣🍀🎣 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14070937 07/23/21 01:49 PM
K
KEGracing Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
K
I am with you on the NO more NFL... gave it up about 3 years ago. Had all the disrespectful trash I could take, and I did not have to support it. Have turned down free Cowboys tickets the last few years, and I was a Cowboys fan since I was a little kid.

I still love college football, but worried this new law that is in place now, with players paid for endorsements, will continue to screw college up. My youngest son is playing high school ball now. I worry some, but as long as he enjoys it, I will support him. My oldest played a couple of years, and decided he wanted to study more than practice when he was a sophomore and it was kind of a relief. I have plastic in one knee from football, but loved it. I grew up playing, along with swimming in a river, drinking from a hose, riding dirt bikes and horses bareback and in the bed of a truck, hunting with a real gun etc. God takes care of children and fools, and I have been both! LOL

Will try to make this get together! Don't have a trailer for my big boat, so might be fishing from a 16' flat bottom john boat, but have caught fish is smaller boats! Just have to hope weather plays nice, as big rollers don't work with that boat very well! Know it is going to be kid - family friendly, but will bring some adult beverages if I make it. Adults just have to behave!

Going to be HOT this weekend, looks like summer is really here. I plan to try them early and late for a little while this weekend.

Cheers all!

Ken

2014 Premier Alante 235 RF tritoon. Momma's boat. But I get to fish on her.

A country boy will survive... but those who cross him?

Cedar Creek personal best:
Blue Cat 31.55 lbs
Hybrid 6.2 lbs
Crappie 2.1 lbs
Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together🎣🍀🎣 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14070992 07/23/21 02:33 PM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Sounds like we pretty much had the same kind of upbringing Ken which is probably why we get along so well. I also grew up playing football, track, and basketball, through high school. Dad put me on a motorcycle at 5 and I raced Motocross at Mosier Valley and Whitney from an early age up through high school. I drank water from the hose and rode in the bed of the truck. Skateboarded half pipes at the Clown ramp at Bachman lake and dad even built a 10.5 ft half pipe in our back yard to skate on. Times were different then and im lucky to be alive to tell the truth. I’ve broken both arms, hip, nose, both hands and every finger on both hands, big toe, jaw, 9 ribs, 7 concussions, 5 bulging disks from c3-c7, and countless stitches. I never thought I would live to 30 but here we are! Lol. My son is a total wild ace just like me but I’m hoping I can keep him a little safer than how I was raised. Hope you can make the get together Ken. I already promised Jonathan and his boys a seat on my boat or y’all would be welcome to jump on with us. If he can’t make it I will let you know and y’all can roll with me and the Texas Tornado.

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together🎣🍀🎣 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14071004 07/23/21 02:45 PM
S
serj5150 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Sorry I haven't commented on this thread brother I'm just trying to see how it's going to be ahead confused I may have a new job in the future and not sure of my schedule... But you know I would love to contribute however I can including my world famous potato salad LOL grin I think this is an awesome idea and I hope I get to meet everybody

Checkout my Youtube channel for tips and techniques on
crappie and catfish
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKsHpQ1vQP7HRC_sw0fXopQ?view_as=subscriber
Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together🎣🍀🎣 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14071167 07/23/21 04:51 PM
JJ4MEL Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by 🌊El Gato Azul🌊
I knew I could count on y’all. There is a covered pavilion with a private restroom, picnic tables, 2 fire rings, sand volleyball court, and a horseshoe pit that I will rent if we get a good response. The pavilion has electricity and water with a food prep station as well.

Your welcome to jump on with me and Action Jaxon Jonathan. I know I’ve been promising to take y’all for the last couple of years and this will be a good opportunity to get it done. It’ll be my pleasure to take you and your boys fishing for the day.

The old lake has some good fish in it Tim but it’s a shadow of Lavon, Twok, Texoma, and quite a few other Trophy Bluecat fisheries we fish. It has a ton of eaters and they are super easy to catch but there is a reason there are no Trophy Cat guides on Lewisville in the winter. They all left for greener pastures. There are lots of teeners and 20s but a 30 is a toad in Lewisville and a 40 is a trophy. We catch a 50 from time to time as well. It’s not one of those lakes where your gonna drift blind and do well on big fish consistently like other lakes but occasionally she shows off pretty good. I always tell guys that if you can catch big fish on Lewisville consistently then you can pretty much go anywhere and do well. It will hone your skills for sure. You know I will have the lake scouted before we fish so I can tell everyone where the fish have been or where I think they might be. Hope we get a good turn out and the old lake spits out a few trophy fish for us.

thumb Boys and I will look forward to it!

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together🎣🍀🎣 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14071298 07/23/21 06:43 PM
I
iFloat Offline
Angler
Angler
I
I agree with you about the NFL... but I coach high school football. That's why the season matters. laugh

Re: Azul’s Catfishing Get-Together🎣🍀🎣 [Re: iFloat] #14071335 07/23/21 07:16 PM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Lmao!!! I have a tendency to stick my foot in my mouth! Sorry man! Lol. I have 2 uncles and several cousins that coach HS football as well. No offense amigo!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide